FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Returning player asking for advice

By casey10 May 25, 2017, 07:22:50

So after playing dofus touch for a little while, getting 8 level 200s, gearing them up, being one of the top 5 teams on server etc it became really clear that the development team on touch are completely clueless. Decided to run sakai for the first time in 8months or so because I took a break, and I discovered it had the exact same game-breaking bug that it had 8months ago which forces you to relog all your characters. Multiple other people I talked to had the same bug, and it was reported to a mod awhile back and 8months later, bug still there. That just shows me that whoever is developing that game is completely clueless

Anyway, so I logged onto dofus and everything looks all different and new, professions, idols, new classes, definitely looks like this development team is actually developing. And the server merge is something I've asked for so long.

Just wondering whether the development team for this game is working on a game that is worth spending my time in as they will develop it further. Dofus touch was a complete waste of my time as no new content will come out untill December at the earliest, over 18months after the game was first released.

Assuming this game is worth getting into again, what exactly should I do?

Right so my budget I've allowed myself is enough to keep 4 characters p2p, potentially extending to 6 if needed. I plan on leveling my own professions, doing dungeons myself etc and re-learning the game from scratch instead of just buying 100m and getting leeched to 200. Pretty much doing everything myself. There have been so many class-reworks and I don't really want to have to go through every single class and figure out what combinations work for what dungeons, and I'd rather not have to class change a lot. So what team of 4 characters could reliably do all content up untill like level 200dungeons (f3, high level dimension dungeons, whatever else is new)? On touch it was panda eni iop + 1 filler for every dungeon in game, but with idols and class reworks and lower level dimension dungeons all that I honestly don't know where to start. Not worried too much for end-end game content as I would have learnt the game by then and could figure that out myself, but just the lower level stuff like frigost dungeons, ougaa, bworker, lower dimension dungeons etc.

Also wondering what the population of the merged server is like? Is there now a solid flow of new players? Is there a lot of active players in general? I ran around incarnam a little and there seemed to be some players, nothing massive but a lot more than I expected.

tl:dr
Is the game worth playing?
Is the game population good, specifically the lower level population of newer players?
What team of 4, possibly 6 if needed, is ideal for completing all content up untill say level 190? Plan on getting all the gear myself, crafting, leveling profs etc, so I'm not just going to buy the best possible gear for my levels. So I need class compositions that can do content provided that I'm running level 120dungeons with 120gear.

1 0
Reactions 7
Score : 611

Eni + iop is a very solid foundation. Whats missing then is bp reduction positioning and some more range so i would say panda + enu or sadi

Think very solid is Eni/iop/panda/enu

0 0
Score : 1077

Elio is your answer, Enu as a 5th char.

0 0
Score : 97

so pretty much the same as my core team on dofus touch. Will have to check out the eni rework but it looks like eni lost a lot of damage and heal ability, haven't looked in depth at the skills though. I quit back at the feca rework because I only had 2 characters and 1 was a feca and the rework completely killed any pvm and pvp aspects of feca and killed all my dreams. Feca was the main reason I played dofus touch, felt good to be back with the old feca.

Thanks for the answers =)

0 0
Score : 4389
Is the game worth playing?
Yes (bais ;p)

Is the game population good, specifically the lower level population of newer players?
The population in lower level areas is more active than it was before the merge, but I feel like most lower levels are just trying to leech, so it might be hard to find people to play with unless you join a guild based around... not-leeching ph34r (yes, those exist)

What team of 4, possibly 6 if needed, is ideal for completing all content up until say level 190?
Yes, since dungeons scale to the amount of players in your group. The above suggestions are correct, meta teams usually include iop/eni/panda/enu, and elio and/or rogue are great additions if you want to learn how to use them
0 0
Score : 97

Just wondering why enu is added as the 4th?

I'm used to feca or masq being 4th but i know feca is useless and masq's masquerade was nerfed so hard and that was 90% the reason you go masq, but what does enu give?

Never found MP theft to be overly useful except for some limited situations like sylargh dungeon, damage buffs are nice when timed for wrath/SoF on iop but there are other damage classes that can provide damage buffs or just additonal raw damage, and the damage on a enu itself isn't too impressive. All his good spells have a cast limit of 1 i.e slaughtering shovel, unsummoning, prime of life, so the enus damage/turn output for 1 target is never too high. Can use panda for +mp if necessary though having enu also is useful. Besides that bribe is the only other good spell, and while i admit it is very strong, I don't feel it alone is worth picking up enu.

Might just roll an elio unless I'm missing something about enu. I guess chest is nice for loot, kinda makes enu more desirable for the playstyle I am going for.

Elio would fill out the damage square better, agi elio, str iop, cha panda, int eni. Though panda can go agi and enu go chance also I guess.

Dunno, cant decide, inputs are appreciated.

edit: after re-reading this and remembering enu also has -range I pretty much figured out myself why enu is 4th. It fills the remaining gaps in panda/eni/iop team for mp theft, range theft and just generally is a very supportive class for supporting a team i.e extra loot through chest, bribery, +mp spell, bag, shovel. So I suppose agi panda and cha enu it is. Unless someone has a better setup and reasoning. I perfer cha panda but you really want that full damage coverage.

0 0
Score : 611

While mp reduction is pretty important itself the enu can more than just that. this class functions as a disabeler with mp reduction, range reduction, unbewitchment, bribe ect. next to that enus have also some usefull buffs for your team plus more loot as u mentioned.

If u pick enu id go Agi panda and so on like what u said.

0 0
Score : 1024

The games worth playing smile especially since the 1v1 KOLO came out, even pvp players can enjoy without a complete team biggrin 

0 0
Respond to this thread