FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Microblog #3: Astrub

By $[Sabi] - ADMIN - February 20, 2018, 15:00:00
DevTracker AnkaTracker

As announced in Gamakna #5, the city of Astrub will be undergoing a total restoration. That includes design, accessibility, quests and more. Get the initial details below!

We asked Mary Pumpkins and Halden, both of whom are heavily involved in the revamp of the City of Mercenaries, to give us their impressions.

A NEW ASTRUB

By Mary Pumpkins – Lead LD

The level design for the Astrub revamp is mainly focused on reducing the size of the city and clearing up navigation through the various areas.

Astrub Zaap

The city center will now group all the most frequented elements (Market, bank, Zaap, etc.) over a very small number of maps; this sector will serve as a hub, distributing players to the outer areas.

The Suburbs, constituting the rest of the city, will contain workshops and other points of interest.

Field routes

Also in the interest of simplifying things, we decided to trace large routes through the areas, leading to the four cardinal points (Tainela, Pandala, Amakna and Almanax).

The World of Twelve does lack land routes indicating the way to particular areas. It's possible this work started on Astrub will be extended to the rest of the continent.

QUESTING IN THE NEW ASTRUB

By Halden – Game designer

Young souls from Incarnam were being offered plenty of quests on arriving in Astrub… perhaps a few too many. We've lowered the number of quests to keep beginners from getting discouraged by the scale of the task.

After exhausting several generations of heroes, Guti Outsider and Kry Babby are bowing out… Not to worry, fans of picturesque adventuring: you'll get to discover many all-new quests, along with existing quests that will be revisited to better suit the new version of the City of Mercenaries.

Astrub Inn

If you haven't tired of tracking the Bearman to his lair, or if you live to clean up Kerub's place, rest assured: you'll still get to indulge in your passions!

And if you successfully complete all the achievements related to Astrub, you'll win a special prize… the Silver Dofus!

This year, the city founded by Brutas is beginning a new chapter… Will you be part of the story?

Alchemists' Workshop
First Ankama intervention

Thank you for your feedback and questions so far, and they have been shared with the team so that I can provide you with some answers, so keep them coming!  smile

See message in context
Reactions 32
Score : 618

Lovely

0 0
Score : 253

cannot wait ^^

0 0
Score : 345

Removing f2p content from a game that's short of f2p content already. Wp.

0 0
Score : 1

They are just reducing the amount of shitty and redundant quests, nothing important for a f2per really.

0 0
Score : 397

Can't wait biggrin

0 0
Score : 8

great

0 0
Score : 1343

any spoils you can give for the silver dofus ?:O  will it be usefull only for new players?  or also handy for higher lvls?

0 0
Score : 608

Oh, beauty.

0 0
Score : 327

Looks stunning!

0 0
Score : 462

will we get any update on new characters designs?

0 0
Score : 16

What do we need a new dofus for when we already get the super-amazing, nearly priceless... Dofawa!

1 0
Score : 1

Combine any other dofus with the powerful dofawa on your builds, you'll be indestructible as heck.

0 0
Score : 1801

This look great y'all, very well done, Dofus' art style is really something the appreciate. Really looking forward to rediscovering Astrub

0 0

Thank you for your feedback and questions so far, and they have been shared with the team so that I can provide you with some answers, so keep them coming!  smile

Score : 611

Amazing

0 0
Score : 8

nice can u update bonta pls to blue and white

0 0
Score : 18

Any chance of a public paddock for players without p2p to remove their mount and sell without having to buy another subscription?

1 0

Added to the list of questions. smile

Score : 85

I was one for changing and revamping astrub, but I wasn't expecting it to look like I am in amakna, but you know, in astrub. It is beautiful, yes, but... to be in amakna, I'll go to amakna.

0 0
Score : 34

hopefully they fix the spam bots that sit at astrub zaap because thats the sole reason I will never ever use it

so annoying recalling on 8 accounts and every single one of them get the same spam message "get unrecoverable accounts here" whispered to them at the exact same game tick

0 0

This was shared with the Mod team and we are investigating, thank you for the report!

Score : -1947

gimme

3 -4

Added information from the dev team: The size of the unsubscribed area will not change.

For more visibility and ease of travel, the city of Astrub is divided into two parts: the old city and the suburbs.

The actual design is closer to the movie and to the evolution worked on for Cube for example, which is a choice made by the team instead of getting closer to the WAKFU one.

Respond to this thread