FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Newbie

By January 15, 2011, 02:34:38

OOC: *Cries* Nooo...Do you know what happened the last time we included a pop culture reference? The plotline was boycotted!

0 0
Reactions 44
Score : 71

So now for the rules. And the baseline of our plot. Rules: You may be anyone, fight with anyone. Even if someone else already fights with them. Even if that someone is your enemy. This means that books, movies, tv shows, manga...the world of everything (awesome) is now withing your reach. This does get hectic.That's why they don't always need to be there. So, one minute you could be fighting Teatime, another killing countless Yeerks....it's all up to you. (And me.) Oh, and there will be entities you don't know about. That's where the main challenge comes in. Because anyone who isn't limited by the rules of their already-written story has very few limits.
The limits are these: big spells cost big energy. Big energy needed + not enough left = you are dead. For a few seconds. Everyone begins equipped with the above: basic manipulation of elements, in all ways, basic revival (canceled out by powerful spells and runes of certain types), which takes 3 seconds, and power of literature manipulation (Being able to make characters appear and disappear at will. Not fully controllable for those who want to kill you, so they'll sometimes show up without being called.). That's the basic pack...but you will evolve as you go along, so you'll get cooler. In fact, you may have different powers if you are a character from another story.
And the plot....
Everyone is trying to kill Rhyanna. Or Anita. Or whatever name she goes by now. But the point is....she will go down easy. She will not stay down. However, if she does...the world will end. Not because she's so great, actually. It's because she protects the person who is. His name is Romanius. He is an immortal who can get killed--really killed--in battle. Rhyanna (as I shall call her for now) is his protector. She had to do some complex ritual (which she batched, by the way) that ended up mixing their souls. This is called a soul tie. This means that if one dies, the other goes down too. And if Rhyanna's alive, and Romanius gets killed, yes, she will go down. But, she'll revive and then revive him. Meaning that everyone evil is trying to kill her because a) they want Romanius to stay dead when they kill him. So she has to be out of the way. Also, b), they find her way of popping back up and not taking them seriously extremely annoying. They cannot stress this enough. Even by screeching it and killing her at least once twice daily.
Also...please keep every post descriptive and accurate. If you don't...well, you may find a powerful rune on the next dagger you pull out of your back. Hint. Hint. Double hint. Got everything? Good. See you in the game.

Description: either a) people get to know you through the story and you have an intro paragraph to introduce yourself or b)

Name:
Class: (optional--don't have to have a class...yet)
Appearance: (physical & clothing (includes weapons))
Personality description:
Fighting style:

Name: Rhyanna J Bredlau
Appearance: Changes from time to time. Human form: Long brown hair, glasses, not particularly muscular build, tall. Nafar form: Hair is tall flame, two wings w/feathers of ice crystal and fire core, unless in the middle of something that changes appearance, which is always short-term and described.
Wears normal clothing for the world outside of Dofus: jeans, t-shirt, often a sweater or jacket. Preference for longer coats. Has six daggers: two in a belt sheath, on to each side, one dagger on each thigh in sheath, and one dagger on each calf in sheath. Can make weapons out of elements, usu. ice.  All of her weapons are sharp enough to cut through flesh and bone like soft, nearly melted butter, which means with almost no resistance. Can turn her tongue into a massive rope of solid flame, which is dexterous and strong. This is used as a weapon and extra hand, sometimes for really really small work. 
Personality: Kind-hearted, but can be many different people. Literally. She's a shape shifter, kind of. Not really. Brilliant mind, but terrible at tactics. Very overly self-critical. Marries very quickly. Don't worry--I won't get into that. Hates all evil, but Yeerk, Gounar, and Hunters are the worst. Especially hunters. You'll never see her eat when she's in the wilderness. She has the ability to stack up on everything. Food, water--especially water. Never ask her why she hates the Hunters so much--unless you have about three hours and can deal with her becoming really depressed. Cannot let people stay dead, even if they're evil, so often revives her enemies. 
Fighting style: Covers her hands in ice knifes and cuts through her enemies, leaving either their charred remains or the equivalent of a human coleslaw.
0 0
Score : 2413

I'm curious as to a few things, you may be able to clarify...

1. When you say we can use anyone, does this include fan-made or original characters?
  2. Are all characters bound by the limits of their ORIGINAL story, or of this one?
  3. What are the theoretical limits on the power of a character? This one is EXTREMELY important, because of who I'm considering using.
0 0
Score : 3123

OK, this would have been waaaay longer, but my post got deleted by accident and I don't want to have to retype it.

Name: Majora Descole
Class: Masqueraider
Appearance: Loose, black clothing with pointy black leather shoes and his default mask, a silver circle with two eye slits.
Personality: Has a mask for every occasion: the Winston Churchillesque speeches, the sad plot twists, the mysterious intros, the lightning-fast duels, etc. etc. He is normally calm and reserved but changes his mask and personality to fit the mood. What really lies behind the mask, no one knows. He also has an incredibly wide range of accessories with him (he packs them in his transdimensional bag from Xeloria along with the masks) to mix and match with the masks.
Fighting style: As I said before, changes the mask to suit the occasion. Generally uses martial arts, but adds weapons to some of his masks.

Oh, my, it's been moved.

0 0
MagicalNobody|2011-01-24 21:57:46
I'm curious as to a few things, you may be able to clarify...
  1. When you say we can use anyone, does this include fan-made or original characters?
  2. Are all characters bound by the limits of their ORIGINAL story, or of this one?
  3. What are the theoretical limits on the power of a character? This one is EXTREMELY important, because of who I'm considering using.

1 Yes, as long as character adheres to rules of home world. (Dofus, Skulduggery Pleasant, etc.) 
 2 Their original story, unless a spell is cast by someone that limits them otherwise (in which case world doesn't matter, inhibited is inhibited, unless for some reason they have a resistance).
 3 For normal spells, say a minute-long burst of element manipulation: Room or building: no--little effect. Average city: winded and very slightly drained. Average state: Very winded, fairly drained. Country roughly the size of the USA: Very winded, very drained, nearly dead. Planet size of Earth: Dead. However it must be considered that this is for an average-powered person. If they are more (or less) powerful than usual, then the tolls will be adjusted to fit. Also, for more powerful spells, such as, say, creating a black hole, the toll would have to be heightened. But those are the basic guidelines. 

That about what you're looking for?
0 0

The character I'm considering using is actually my first original character... He's a mage with effectively limitless power but no actual control of how much of it goes into a given spell. ...That more or less summarises the problems with using him. I've got others who aren't quite so reality-breaking, though.

0 0
MagicalNobody|2011-01-27 14:24:14
The character I'm considering using is actually my first original character... He's a mage with effectively limitless power but no actual control of how much of it goes into a given spell. ...That more or less summarises the problems with using him. I've got others who aren't quite so reality-breaking, though.

MagicalNobody|2011-01-27 14:24:14
Yeah...but that's not as much fun, now is it? Actually, that's quite brilliant, and it works quite well with this storyline. So he won't get killed from major spells, cool. Only problem: would it be possible or even likely that a spell could overload? If yes, what would happen? Other than that, awesome! 
0 0

It's more along the lines of "ask for light, generate new star at six-foot range" a lot of the time... His actual ability is supposed to be manipulating probability, but he tends to stick with general magic because it's less fiddly - except probability doesn't like being ignored.

Here we go!

Name: Xenos Infinity

Class: Er... Chaos mage? Yeah, let's go with chaos mage.

Appearance: Looks relatively human, with the exception that he's almost seven feet tall and has purple irises. His clothing would blend in well on Earth, but the first spell he'll usually cast in a major battle brings out armour made of some sort of crystal. Forgot to mention previously, he's also capable of self-resurrection within 24 hours except under two conditions: Someone is present who's capable of replacing him as an avatar of Chaos, or he's stabbed through the torso with his own sword. In the original context, the sword had to be wielded by him as well, but that's not really fair. I'll also consider it 24 in-character hours, so I'm hoping ye DM will tell me once that's passed.

Personality: Odd. In keeping with his nature as a Chaos elemental, Xenos has a fairly short attention span and spends most of his spare time thinking about subjects completely irrelevant to what he's doing. However, his bizarre train of thought can lead him to surprisingly useful conclusions, and his imagination compared with his ridiculous magic reserves make for extremely impressive displays of power - if you can keep him focused long enough to cast them.

Fighting style: Unless he can get away without having to kill someone, armour first followed by whatever seems like the best idea at the time. Xenos's magic can be directed into almost any effect, but how powerful or effective the spell is varies wildly. His first foray into Earth magic created a floating continent instead of the intended flying boulder.

I'm going to see if I can find somewhere in this city that sells dice and use that to decide how a given spell turns out. If I CAN get one:
1: Critical failure, of course. Little to no effect, or produces an entirely different effect than the intended one. Comparable to bringing a blunt toothpick to a gunfight.
2: Low power, generally capable of minor to medium wounds but not particularly lethal except against weakened targets. No effect on shielded opponents. Comparable to bringing a knife to a gunfight and not getting shot too much.
3: Medium power, causes medium to major wounds. Reduced effect on shielded opponents. Comparable to bringing a gun to a gunfight but the enemy bringing a bulletproof vest.
4: Mid-high power, causing major damage with little reduction from defenses. Comparable to bringing a rocket launcher to a gunfight.
5: High power. Lethal effects are taken as read in the case of offensive spells. Pierces magical defenses, or outright destroys them if they're already weakened. Comparable to bringing a tank to a gunfight. You probably don't want to get hit by this.
6: Critical hit. You do not want to be standing where one of these is aimed, because shields won't hold it and Xenos can't control what it does any better than you can. Think of it as a thermonuclear bomb: Sure, it's powerful as all hell, but he doesn't want to be caught in it any more than you do. Even if he doesn't die permanently, being dead is extremely inconvenient.

I swear, once I actually GET a die, I'll stick to that rather than just pretending I rolled a 6 every time. Until then, I'm going to try and find a decent online die-roller.

1 0

OOC: Reena, shall we start now?

0 0
DWKmaster|2011-01-30 14:57:28
OOC: Reena, shall we start now?

DWKmaster|2011-01-30 14:57:28
Might as well. So, then. Three people plus whoever we all get to show up for now. That's perfect. 
0 0

OOC: Why is it that, whenever you quote someone, your response shows up as another quote from that person?

Majora Descole delivered one of his favorite items: pop-up front kick to the throat. The rather tall Xelor to whom he had delivered said kick promptly began to stagger around in pain as the double-masked Masqueraider removed his Threesword Mask from his face, revealing another one, this one he never removed, that bore a slight resemblance to that of Meta Knight, the famed Iop-Feca hybrid who had renounced the gods and become a Warrior of the Masqueraid. But enough about backstory. On to forestory!

"And that, class," said the masked Masqueraider, applying the Educators' Mask. "is why you don't Punch people in the street. It leaves craters."

The Xelor stumbled back onto his feet in the background. To the right of the camera, Thymilph ran down the street. That's going to be important, but Majora doesn't know it yet. Don't spoil it until he meets Rhyanna. He'll be upset and put on his Zant Mask. Yes, that one. Speaking of which, Zant was accompanying Thymilph, so now that's two people to show up in Reena's next post!

Majora removed the Mask of the Fourth Wall; it had accidentally been left on over his Default Mask, and stopped making references. Light flashed in a nearby house as he continued on, down the street...

0 0
"Are you sure this is a good idea?"
"Look, when a magical signature on this scale shows up it's usually one of your Aspects. This doesn't match any of them."
"Could be Omega in disguise again."
"For the last time, HE STILL SHOWS UP AS Y-"
"Ow! Alright, alright, no need to shout. Especially not with your helmet on."
"Oh... Sorry. I keep forgetting it does that to my voice."
"If you can get me the coordinates, I'll start immediately."
"Right here."
The red-armored figure plucked a slip of paper from a slot on the machine in front of her.
"Doesn't look like one you've been to before, and I don't remember you having any avatars or minor aspects there. Hell, I don't even recognise the D-coordinates."
"Me neither, which means that they almost certainly won't be expecting me. At worst, they turn out to be against me and I wind up killing them. At best, they're a potential student."
"You forgot the bit where they could permanently kill you."
"Zerea, that isn't going to happen. You of all people should know that can't be set up."
"Mm. Be careful anyway."
The taller figure nodded silently, looking up at the wall in front of him. Lines of light played across the sheer rock, echoes of magic performed somewhere that should have been too far away to detect.
"Don't worry. I'll be back in one piece."
Xenos closed his eyes. As always when using magic, he heard a faint rattle, as if a die had been cast, and visualised its path across an imaginary table.

Nothing happened. A single dot glared up at him from the face of the tiny cube.

"Blast it. Let me try that again."
He concentrated harder. A second block span across his mental image, landing with an oddly solid thunk.
Oooooh, not good...
Six white spots. He winced. This was going to hurt.

The cavern shook as he vanished, air rushing into place where he'd been standing. Zerea rolled her eyes, then turned back to the huge screen just in time to see it completely whited out.
"Oh, dear... I hope he survives that."

The blast was visible from miles away. Witnesses claimed a spear of white light, maybe a metorite or a comet, had crashed to ground - and transformed the top of the hill into a fairly impressive crater., apparently vaporising the soil directly below its point of impact.
Xenos groaned and pried his arms and legs out of the mud, his helmet vanishing as he did so to increase his air supply.
"Ugh... Serves me right for trying to redo it, I guess."
He prodded around gently with his mind, checking for any mages alerted to his arrival. As he'd more or less expected, the raw force of the landing had drawn the attention of everyone within about ten miles, sorceror or not.
He forced himself to get up, then limped over to the edge of the hole to get a better view. Relatively flat ground, with a few hills - one of which he seemed to have landed on. Or in. A cluster of lights to what he guessed was the north indicated a city or a large town.
The Chaos mage sighed, then slowly made his way out of the devastated hillock. The thought crossed his mind that he should probably keep his helmet on until he discovered what the citizens were like, after which it reformed fairly quickly.
He stopped after a few metres to catch his breath.
"Gah. Didn't break anything, but exhausted myself already. Great start to the day."
A white rod of light shot through his outstretched hand, solidifying into a silvery-grey staff. At least he'd be able to use it as a cane for the moment.

OOC: You haven't actually told us anything about the world.
0 0

The world is a mix of Earth and story-worlds, concetrated on Dofus and other choice stories.
The replies to quotes show up as quotes because of a glitch I haven't been able to fix yet. I might keep it, actually, it's quite fun.  (Only joking.)

Rhyanna had found that she was in a world she had vivisted long ago...well, long ago. Hours, in fact. She had planned to make a new character when she got out, but after hours of looking for an exit with no luck, she wasn't sure that would happen. She had started looking when she had finished with the world scan. Apparantly, it was mostly forest, with a population that was alrgely ingnorant of magic. In fact, this was the world she had been trapped in for 1,298 years, only to escape. But now she coudln't even get out of a stupid warehouse foor God's sake! Or Gods' sake, depending on the religous system you used...but anyway, the point was, she was angry. And that meant one thing: she wouldn't stay nice for long. In fact, that ended...now.
    "Hey, if you can't find an entrance, make one, right?" Rhyanna asked. "So I guess I'll make one."
     And with that, she changed. Suddenly, her hair was fire, and she was just slightly taller. She wore no glasses now, and her eyes were of a striking colour. They were orange, but had streaks of blue that, had either colour been just a shade off, would have clashed terribly with each other. However, as they were, they were simply eyes. Her pupils were slits, like a cat's--or a dragon's.
     She curled her hands, and a collumn of ice rose beside her. It smashed through the roof, leaving a hole, rafters dangling out, mangled, every here and there. The ice turned to water and fell down, a soft mist. Rhyanna stepped under the hole and spread her wings. The feathers were ice crystals, fire in their centres. The wings themselves would have proven an awe-inspiring sight if it were not for these facts, but with them were also objects of fear and danger. They swept Rhyanna up and out--into a new world, lit by the beginnings of a sunrise. The sun was bloodred, the sky deep blue, turning golden towards the horizon. The forest spread out over the hills like a vivid green blanket. A mist just veiled them. This was the new world.
     Rhyanna hovered there and watched the sun rise. This was a new day, in a new world.

Rhyanna settled down to the rooftop. A town shone not too far away. Nothing else seemed to move. Just the forests, the sun, the hills, and her. Oh, and the assasin she was cutting the head off. Maybe that was Teatime. She looked down. No, it wasn't Teatime. It was some Hunter, sent to kill her. Well, now that she had made sure that that failed miserably, maybe she should find someone who knew about magic. She had to be here for a reason. She was always where she was for a reason. Something she had to fix, someone she had to save. But it was fun, that was fure sure. Otherwise she wouldn't have abandoned her life, the one she had had here before she left. But she did. And that was the end of that.

Sighing, she called Ax. He showed up with barely a sound, his hoofs muffled by the rot in the wood.

Ax was short for his full name: Aximili-Esgarouth-Istill. Or something like that. He was an Andalite. He was furry, and plae blue, with four legs ended with hooves, like a horses, and a body like a deer. His torso sprouted up from that like a centaur's, slender but stragely muscular. He had seven fingers on each hand, which were longer and more slender, more capable of delicate work, than a human's. His head, though, was surprising. H ehad no ears, and no nose or mouth. Rather, he had three vertical slits. His eyes were green. All four of them. He had eyes on top of stalks like a snail's eyes, as well as a pair in the normal posotion. Andalites communicated through thought-speak, rather than vocally.

he thought/said.

"Yes, well, that would be because this is the world I got trapped in. It's been under development apparantely, though, since it has a new world now. I just wanted to know, has there been any progress on the Yeerk? I have a feeling..." Rhyanna trailed off.

Sorry about that, the post got cut off in the middle. Here's the rest:

"Yes, so do I, but you know as well as anyone that if they were driven back they would return, stronger than ever. We'll get rid of them, though. I'll rip every one of them out of the heads of the hosts they've taken. That's a promise."

Both sat in silence for a while, mulling over what they could do to get rid of their enemies. A bright white light flashed, and a hilltop close by was suddenly a crater.

"Come one. We'd better see what that was," Rhyanna commented resignedly. Ax nodded, and Rhyanna grabbed his shoulder. Both of them dissapeared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once on the hilltop, they saw a figure walking away, helmet on. He was about seven feet tall. Rhyanna could tell from this vantage point that the lights of what she thought had been a town was actually a city, and the ground was much flatter than she had originally thought. She ran down the hill, and Ax swiveled his eye stalks around, startled, before dissapearing.

Rhyanna flew down to the stranger, and landed silently only four feet away. Except it was a few inches, she landed on something that cracked loudly, and sge yelled out, "Hey, you!"

Yhe stranger turned, revealing startling purple irises.
0 0

OOC: Could someone report that I keep getting "Firefox has detected this page is trying to redirect in a way that will never complete" errors? I'd do it myself, but it keeps happening when I'm doing it.

Xenos reacted on instinct. Living on a world where half the population wanted you dead tended to breed fairly violent reactions. His mind jumped, calling up one of his less-used hexes and flinging it forwards as he span to face the speaker.
He barely managed to redirect the ice blast in time, the freezing column of air erupting a few metres behind him and prompting a pillar of mist to form within its boundaries.
"DRAKES, woman, don't DO that. Do you have any idea how close you just came to being turned into an iceberg?"
He paused for a second before realising what the newcomer had actually said.
"Wait... That didn't go through any of my translation runes. You speak English... In which case I'd like an explanation of why you thought jumping on me was a good idea,"

0 0

OOC: Plot developments, yay! Dai-Ganzan time!

There appeared to be a large discharge of ice approximately fourteen yards away; two rather imposing...beings were in an argument. Majora equipped the specific mask he used solely for introductions and strolled over, flexing his fingers in case there was to be a fight...

"Hola, sir, madame." he said, blending his languages in a format only Pavel could imagine (Don't worry about him, he's a minor character in Professor Layton). "I assume you two are not of esto mondo, oui? Don't eat the sausage, there's live MouMice in it." He suddenly switched to his business mode and leaned in close. "But seriously, folks, what are you up to in the great city of Astrub?", he inquired, cocking his head to the left.

0 0

"Well. To answer your questions. The reason I 'jumped' on you (Although, I didn't, I flew. Bad landing and all that, you see.) Is because I was sitting around looking at a strange landscape when suddenly there's a flash of bright white light and--hey presto!--there's a new crater where there used to be a hill. Usually, you see, when something like that happens someone has found me and is trying to kill me. So excuse me for being cautious. Oh, and about the ice pillar thing...I'm an elemental, buddy. Mainly fire, I'll admit....but my secondary life source is ice. So don't worry about a thing. And as for you, why am I here, huh? Well...let's just say, I jump from world to world, doing odd jobs. Saving the world, stuff like that. Whenever I finish a job, I leave before I get killed--again...and I got put down here. Or, more precisely, over there, on the hilltop with an old abandoned warehouse. Can;t see it? Here--I'll put up a flare. There. Better?  Anyway, I saw him and came down to see what--or who--had been sent to kill me this time." Rhyanna stopped suddenly, breathing hard, having barely drawn breath during the entire explanation. 
     She the looked down abruptly at the dagger sticking out of her chest. It's tip dripped with blood. She fell, and just when everyone prepared to panic, she stood again, whirled, and sliced her killer's head off with brand-new hand-blades. 
     "And, sorry Teatime, that won't work. The runes you get now are still cheap. Takes some of the fun out of it, really. No near-death experiences. Too bad. Those were good times..." She trailed off. 
     Brightening suddenly, she said, "So, this place is called Astrub, huh? Neat. I've never been to an Astrub before. Not in any world I've been in. Good name, that. Oh, and...what're MouMice? Some king of mouse, I suppose...By the way, what's that smell? It's...like what I would assume Ank-Morpork is like. I can't belive I haven't been there yet...
     "Anyway, who're you two? And how did you," Rhyanna motioned to Xenos, "make such a large impact on landing?"

0 0

"Probably a demon," answered the Masqueraider. "They pop up all the time looking to steal my masks. And what's an Ankh-Morpork? Is it like a Koalak?" The strange being which now appeared to be headless (perhaps it wasn't; I've seen that several times) melted in a shower of blood. Probably a Sacrier.

The blood had only had seconds to dry when a darkness fell over the earth, or at least their current location. A small, black figure was standing to the north with a funny helmet on and two glowing hands raised to the sky. "I am Zant!" it proclaimed. "My magic is undisputable!" Suddenly, the shape flew toward the trio, the helmet retracting to reveal an oblong blue head with madness in the eyes and a grotesquely lolling tongue as a second shadow dwarfed its small size.

"Yes!" it cackled. "Chimirufu! I see you have brought your Dai-Ganzan! Come, let us defeat these pests!"

It appeared they'd been tag-teamed.

0 0

Xenos raised an eyebrow at the newcomers.
"Is that what you think? Well, I dispute that."
He raised the hand holding his staff and concentrated for a moment. The rod seemed almost to flow into a different shape, forming what looked like a caduceus with a wide silver ring between the heads of the snakes.
Focus. This shouldn't be difficult.
He leveled the staff at Zant and released a burst of energy.
A rattling noise in the air. The night breeze seemed to whisper in his ear - Four.

The air rippled as what seemed to be a spear of raw force cannoned out of Xenos's staff, slamming into his target's torso and flinging the creature backwards. He twirled the rod, then settled back to lean on it again with the disc-shaped end downwards - making sure to keep it away from his feet.
"Kinetic Needle. And Solís said that spell was never going to be any use..."

0 0

"Interesting. Are they all dead, then? If not, let me have a go with one of them, I think turning them into coleslaw would be fun. Oh, and Ank-Morpork is a city. I have no idea what a....Koalak?...is, but if it's a city...then, yes. Maybe. And that wasn't a demon, just a human. An assasin. Here, I think...yes, just a second." Rhyanna said slididng her hand into a pocket in the air. She pulled out a small book.
     "Here. Ah! There you are," she said to an enemy she had just spotted. "You must be...someone trying to kill me, so I guess it really doesn't matter. I am one of your deaths."
     She then flew up, and opened her mouth. Out came a roiling rope of flame. It wrapped around the being, whoever he was, and squeezed. The person screamed. He thrashed. He was pierced very suddenly by thousands of ice spikes that grew out of the rope of solid flame. The laws of physics were completely destroyed again as the target was crushed, sliced, and promptly dissapeared. 
"I have no Idea how long that'll keep him off, but..." she trailed off. "Oh, and whoever Zant is, I dispute his magic. I also think he's pathetic, whoever he is, and, well....I would really like to beat him up," Rhyanna shouted out. She then tossed the book to Majora.  (By the way, she doesn't know either of your names yet, I'm just using them so we all know who is getting what or being told what, etc. etc.)
      She then smiled, whipped the flame back into her mouth, closed her mouth, and promptly gagged softly. Landing, she straightened up, her hair flaring.

0 0

"...Okay, I'll admit that one was impressive. I've never seen cryogenically-imbued flames used as a weapon before."
Xenos paused for a second to think over what the others had said.
Ankh-Morpork. Koalaks. Astrub. This... isn't right.  Those shouldn't be mixing, something's weird about this. Assuming that they're even the same ones.
"If I remember correctly... Koalaks are a sort of furry animal which live in the mountains west of here. Ankh-Morpork is, as you said, a city... If not the most hospitable one on its world. But they're on two totally different worlds... And if that city over there is Astrub, then this must be..."
His train of thought reached the station.
"This is the world of Twelve... And you're not a native, are you, miss?"
The mage removed his weight from the staff, whirling it to leave the disc-end at the top.
"An explanation would be nice. Especially since I've never traveled to a world which I've previously considered to be a work of fiction."

OOC: I should probably have mentioned this before, but despite his weird nature Xenos is originally from present-day Earth as we know it. Thus, he's likely to be aware of most of the works that other characters are coming from... Prepare for some VERY odd conversations in the future. Especially if someone turns up from a point in their timeline which is earlier than his knowledge extends to.

0 0
Respond to this thread