FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Newbie

By January 15, 2011, 02:34:38
Reactions 44
Score : 71

"Cryogenically-imbued flames? No, that was my tongue. I can turn it into flame. Part of my elemental's race. Yep, it's pretty fun. Except, the more evil, the worst they taste. And yes, what most people previously thought of as works of fiction become more realistic around me. As in: I am close friends with Death. Since you obviously know Terry Pratchett's Disk world series, you know just who I am talking about. Yeah. And Teatime...he tries to kill me. Was his job, but I killed the client when they tried to kill me, so they withdrew the job offer. He still tries, though, just because he's angry that he couldn't do it. Another fun fact about me: I read A LOT, so there are a lot of people on my side...and a lot of people trying to kill me. Yeah, I know, normally the worlds don't mix, but for some reason I find myself breaking every fundamental rule there is. And no, I am not really a native. I kind-of am, but...well...I got dumped here when I was about 2 years old, finally escaped when I was 1,300, and got pushed back here to do some odd job, presumably saving the world. It's what I do best. That's about it. It's kinda hard to explain, actually...especially because we're out in the open and I'm pretty sure there are more people out there. There were four, you killed one, and I killed one, so there are two. And I don't want to let my guard down. I can give you the full shebang when they're all dead. Momentarily, anyway. Oh, and since you know what those are, but consider them worlds of fiction, I am guessing you are, at least originally, from Earth. I mean, my Earth. Or some Earth similar to it. Interesting." Rhyanna finally stopped, panting slightly.

0 0
Score : 2413

"Heh. Story of my life."
The mage stopped to think for a few moments.
"So you can call up characters we'd usually consider fiction... That's an unusual ability by any standard. I've met Imbuers who could turn a golem into a semblance of things like that, but never a summoner who could pull it off properly..."
Then it hit him.
"Wait, did you say THIRTEEN HUNDRED?"

0 0
Score : 3123

"Yes, sir, she did." Majora interjected. "Now, would you kindly explain what you two madthings are doing making a mess of my neighborhood? I live here, in case you didn't know, and I'd rather not have you interrupting it. Would you kindly also leave and take that...obscenity with you?!" He pointed a shaking finger at the Dai-Ganzan and waited for an answer.

0 0

"Getting rid of it I can do. Leaving might take a bit longer."
Xenos glanced up at the monstrosity, then almost negligently tossed his staff at it. The weapon impacted head-first.
Theun ivers etu rnedinsi deout
Reality woke up in the middle of the street with a pounding headache and asked itself what it had drunk the previous night. Reason fell through a hole in the world and discovered that what was outside wasn't really worth trying to find.

Xenos caught the staff on its return trip, making sure to avoid the disc on the end.
"I should probably stop doing that. You might not be able to sense it, but it feels similar to having your feeth extracted with a pair of feathers and no anaesthetic..."
A distinct lack of giant robot filled the sky above them.

0 0

"Oh, I can feel it. So, you use manipulation of reality, huh? Or...something. Unless that was just some Mana spell..." Rhyanna trailed off. Looking at the sky, she wondered what was going to happen next. She needed to find the problem, and fast--she knew that, at least. But why was this new world here? It hadn't been, before. And what could be wrong? Her head spun from the multiple questions. 
"Anyway...I should probably go find something useful to do..."
       "PERHAPS FINDING OUT MORE ABOUT THIS WORLD WOULD HELP?" Death suggested.
Rhyanna turned. "Perhaps. Maybe a better explanation is in order. But not here, not now. An introduction, however, is due. I am Rhyanna Bredlau, The Imaginer. I have tons of other names, but spouting them out would just be...too much. It'd take too long, trust me."
"YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW, BUT I MIGHT AS WELL TELL YOU JUST IN CASE. I," said Death, drawing himself a little higher, "AM DEATH. TERRY PRATCHETT'S, IN FACT."
Rhyanna looked at the other two. Water started lapping at the blood, making the stains slowly dissapear. Rhyanna sagged a bit, breathing ever so slightly harder. 
"So. Who're you, then?"

0 0

Xenos winced slightly as the voice entered his head without bothering to greet his ears on the way in.
"Er... Yes. I'm aware of you. Always wondered what that felt like, and I have to say it's not an entirely pleasant sensation."
He paused for a second, then pushed a hand through the leg of his armor. After a few moments of rummaging, he extracted the hand, holding a small book bound in green leather.
"This should have most of the information you need. It's my own notes on this world, even though I've never actually been here... I'll need it back later, since the book holds a lot of other information as well. And on the subject of introductions, my name is Xenos Infinity... Lord of Chaos of the world of Allandria, probably the most powerful mage living on present-day Earth and Immortal, at least to some extent. That's more or less everything interesting there is to tell you about me."
The mage turned to the other figure, who still seemed to be fairly upset by the now-absent giant robot.
"And you, I believe, are a Masqueraider. I know a little about your kind, but I'm far from an expert."

0 0
Score : 288

A cloaked figure walked up to a dismal tavern, he moved to the wanted posters on the tavern wall until one caught his eye.

(this is my bio)

Name Arorkdern

Class NA

Inventory He has all four of the Bandit weapons, the sword, bow, healing wand andvstaff. He carries the staff as a walking stick, the bow strung around his shoulder and the sword wrapped in a cloth which is held in a sheath behind his back.(there is another one, but noone has ever seen it in use) the wand is in a side sheath. He usually wears a hooded robe which he wears for its effect, and our informant says that this is his 30th cloak, because he sometimes forgets to take them off before fighting. Under the cloak is very powerful runed armor, but we do not know what armor it is exactly. He also has a white bird with blue circles around its eyes. (FYI all of weapons change his figure, so nobody knows exactly what he actually looks like

Personality (a new part for our wanted posters) He keeps mostly to himself, but enjoys the effect of the hooded cloak a lot. Most of the times he appears in public where he gets attacked or attacks other people is when it rains or storms, which has led to a recent lack of activity due to the drought. He is a good strategist and is intelligent, but thinks himself wiser then he actually is. He is loyal to his friends, but those that are actually friends of him, he pretends a lot to trick many victims. He is paranoid around strangers.

Fighting style a swordsman, archer, healer and mage, and can switch from one to another with ease. He matches his physical prowess with strategy, and rarely loses his cool while fighting, but again, fakes it often. He has no sense of honor. He enjoys having enemies being hurt by their own attacks, which is why he lost against an army of sacriers.

Bounty 5,000,000kk or 5,000,000,000 kamas

should only be attacked by a very experienced group seen in desolate places in bad weather,

0 0

Rhyanna nodded. "Thanks. I think, though, that Iv'e heard of this. I forgot to bring my flashdrive...ah, well." She took the book, and stuck it into a pocket in the air next to her. 
"So," she continued, "shall we get out of the open now?"

0 0

"Yes, why don't we?" enquired the Masqueraider, his mask a mask of irritation. "The woods are full of monsters, however, and the only other way is in the city, where the people are bound to notice you two. I vote we stay here. Anyone else?"

"Objection!" rang out a voice. "There is a serious flaw in your argument. Monsters," the owner of said voice stated, his finger aimed at Majora and his hair slicked back in a rather odd style, "cannot understand the matters which you appear to discuss."

"Ah, Luke, this reminds me of a puzzle." said a quieter, British-accented voice on the other side of the trio. "There are five people in a clearing, and one of them has a ball hidden in one of three cups. Say each of the other four gets to choose a cup, the contents of which will then be revealed. What is the minimum number of people who could choose the ball?"

0 0
Score : 4479

(i think i'll join into this since it looks like it'll be fun XD Aidan's a planeswalker, and being from present day earth, Xenos (should) recognize the references he's made. if i'm missing anything, let me know, food and game are potent distractions)

Suddenly the clearing was bathed in negative light as a tear ripped through quantum phsyics, upending most known laws, to dump a man through the opening. As quick as it appeared it was gone, and the man groaned as he sat up, holding his head against a pounding headache. A glowing sphere popped into existence and started circling him with the sound of chittering laughter. "You're answer's none, as the ball never existed in reality. Or one if you're a fanatic for mathmatical conundrums." Suddenly he gave a half-hearted swipe at the orb. "And you Soibhan, warn me next time there's going to be a planar wind."

Getting to his feet, he dusted off the black leather he was clad in as best he could. With an outstretched hand, he willed his other constant companion into reality, a simple quarterstaff of smooth black ironwood. Leaning against it, he turned his attention to the others in the clearing. "My name's Aidan. I'm a traveling... librarian of sorts, and I've managed to accumulate a rather extensive collection. Oh, you should visit my library sometime Xenos, you'd love to find out some of the stuff people have written about you. Some of it happens to be quite entertaining. Just dont ask me about Ravnica. Nasty place to be these days, especially if you like Walking."

1 0

"Oh, people write a lot of things about me. It's very rare that any of it is actually correct, though... It's frequently the case that the action of writing it down makes it wrong."
That reminds me, the citadel library's just recieved a new shipment. Did you order any of the books?
...Zerea, what are you doing in my head. I thought you couldn't do that across worlds?
I can't, normally. Solís is transmitting it.
Great... Solís, the next time she wants to make a long-distance call get her to use her phone. I've told her before the signal reaches anywhere.
Sorry.
Xenos sighed and poked Solís in the third eye, closing his mind as he did so.
"Incidentally, please try not to make too many holes in the world. Things have an annoying tendency to fall through them when I'm around, and they're usually angry about it."

0 0

Majora sighed. Three of them? That was altogether too much. He would have to very politely ask them to leave him alone. He removed his current mask, one he had recently stolen from the dead body of the former provincial governor, and slipped on the Preachers' Mask. Time for the bell, book, and candle.

Bell: Check, that tiny one from the Trool Fair.

Book: Check, and--wrong book! No! Don't look at that book! Good! New book! Not that book!
Candle: *Steals* Check.

"We declare him--"

"Hey! Hello! Listen! Hey! Watch out! Listen! Hello!" A small blue orb of light with fluttery wings floated down and interrupted the Masqueraider's oath, disrupting SPACE AND TIME! Reason took out a fancy katana and sliced it in half before it could do any more damage, then told reality that it could emerge from the Navi shelter.

"Don't ask." boomed a voice. Was that God, or maybe Din, or Ceiling Cat or Palutena or the Flying Spaghetti Monster? No one will ever know. The voice cleared its throat, causing a local tribe of natives to suddenly go extinct. Funny that, they would have gone on to achieve world peace and invent the Internet, but they didn't.

The voice continued to clear its throat.

OOC: Yes, this was just a plot point to get rid of Navi and introduce the main plot. Reena, take it away.

0 0

OOC: Thanks. Now, then, for the fun part. Oh, and I might have to pretend to be you guys for a sec. Nothing but a nod. That's it. I'll just make you nod. I promise.

"Well. That's exciting. Since we can't go into the forest, and the city isn't really an option, let's go sit down on that warm-looking wall in the sunlight, and I will cast a bubble around us so no one knows what we're talking about us, shall we?" Rhyanna said. Everyone nodded nervously and walked over and sat down on the wall. She then said, "No remus noré anserai. Now, then. You wanted an explanation, I seem to recall. So, here goes. I am the Imaginer. You have probably never heard of me. I am the protector of the most important person in the universe. This is not decided by me. The universe itself decided this. Trust me. I didn't even know what was going on until I was stuck with it. The universe tested to see who should be his protector. It simply chose the person who would believe they could, and thus serve the best, and that was me. I have way too much faith. That's a good thing.

"Anyway, so this guy did something so great that the universe decided he couldn't die. If he did, everything else would, too. Every living thing, on every planet, in every galaxy, in every version of the universe. Now it has developed to the point that because I am so good at my job everyone stopped going after him and started going after me. And also because I am so good at my job, I am now just plain ol' protector of the multiverse. So I go around whenever there's trouble and keep everything running. I got dumped here because something's going wrong. Picture the multiverse as a big clock. Each universe is a cluster of gears. If one of the gears inside of that cluster slips, or cracks, or anything, the cluster breaks, and the entire thing goes 'boom.' I stop that. Before the entire thing starts to fall apart, hopefully. And something's wrong with one of your gears. As soon as I figure out what's going on Ill fix it and I can take a three-second vacation and go to another universe and fix that. I really love my job. Sincerely."

Any questions?" Rhyanna finished.

0 0

"Hmm... In that case, I'm surprised I haven't run into you before. Continuing with your clock metaphor, the universe around me usually looks like an explosion in a time machine, and not in a good way."
Xenos waved a hand behind him as he spoke. The overly curious Prespic attempting to sneak up on them suddenly found itself in the middle of the Cania Plains.
"Interesting, too, that you say you're basically the universe's personal roll of duct tape. I've been to a lot of places, at a lot of different times, and never detected anything like you... Hell, with some of the stuff I cause, you should have a tracker bracelet on me or something by now. But I do have a question."
The mage leaned back slightly, his weight apparently supported by the air behind him.
"Characters I would otherwise have considered fictional seem to be all over the place. I'm here because I picked up a surge of magic beyond anything I've previously seen and thought it might be worth investigating. Exactly what in the nine eternally danged circles of heck is going on here, and is there anything I can do to help?"

0 0

"Well, this is actually how I got my title. I imagine something from a work of fiction and so use it, thus making it real. Most of the time they only exist around me. Usually I only think up people. I couldn't do my job alone. And so I bring out people to help, as well as to just have someone to be around. If you think about it, the multiverse is so vast that we only know of one tiny portion of it. Authors find other parts. Inspiration, you may call it. So they write. And as they write, they let others with open minds to access those parts of the mulitverse, thus letting us converse with those parts, if you have enough power. Which it actually isn't to hard to have. Most people do, without realizing it. They just never utilize it. So I just access different areas and so project the people from there. It is very complicated, and I am not sure myself how to explain it." Rhyanna smiled, "But I do know that I enjoy it."

Rhyanna sighed. "As for what you can do to help, the best you can do right now is to maybe clue me in on something that could be jeopardizing this place. It would like to fix it, but fixing an unknown problem is, well, almost impossible. You could tell me this: is there anywhere where natral disasters are appearing out of nowhere, or crime is suddenly picking up? If nothign is going on, it's only a matter of time before the person responsible for the danger here shows up to kill me. In which case you could help me to fight them off. I don't really know much else. Nothing that could help here, anyway."

After a long silence, she spoke again. "Actually, there is something you could do to help. Who is this Zant person, and what have his activities been over the past few months? He might be the source of the problem."

0 0
Score : 288

Arorkdern noticed the three(?) people plus a blue creature in a floating bubble nearby. "That has to be breaking some sort of traffic regulation, and it is blocking the path if that tofu", he pulled his bow out and launched it at the blue creature, popping the bubble and leaving a burning arrow in its jugular, the humanoids were dazed by the fall. Arorkdern pulled out his staff and summoned a metiotite, the ball of fire and rock steamed toward them as he laughed. Ragged laughter was soon ceased, annoyed that they had not blocked the metior, whether they escaped or not, their blue friend was dead in a giant crater were the hill was. He quickly sent the creature to Rushu and continued on his path

0 0

Rhyanna stood, prying herself from the ash. She hadn't known that she had started to levitate them...maybe that was why everyone was so quiet?...but now they seemed to be dazed from the fall. Ax lay, a formerly burning arrow in his throat, dead on the ground.
"Ok, I don't know who did this, but they will pay. No one kills my friends and gets away with it," she muttered.
Closing her eyes, she reversed time in her head. The meteor had come, and she had fallen, spiraling. Which was had the meteor come from? Ah, yes, over by that big building.
She nodded, then searched through the space, looking for the waves of power from the strike. It seemed to be from a ways off.
"OK, guys, I gotta go. Be right back. No one moves, got it? I just have to find the person who fired that. And do something in return. Then I will be back."
As she took off, she felt something off. A...pressure in the air. Almost as if...as if something was there that shouldn't be. It wasn't close, and it wasn't looking for her--that much she could tell--but it wasn't good. It seemed as though she had found the problem. Now all she had to do was analyze it...after she finished finding whoever it was that put off that blast.
She rocketed past the signal area. The blast had originated from a tavern, it seemed. Odd. Not many people would just fire off like that, or people would notice. Hmm....
Turning around, she landed. Who had the person been? They were powerful...that was for sure. Then she spotted someone staring at her. They glanced at the crater of the meteor, and back again. She noticed a bow in their hand.
Landing, she said, "Hi, nice to meetcha. My name's Rhyanna. I just happened to notice this meteor crashing down on me and an arrow killing my friend. I wanted to tell you, impressive spell. Oh, and what made you attack me? Just as a question. And be careful--if you seem to be evil, I won't pause in killing you. You'll revive, of course, but not here. And it would still be painful, the dying bit. And as you've obviously noticed, I am a bit unhinged. So you know. Good spellwork, though."
Rhyanna leaned against the wall and played with a flame she conjured onto her fingertips, waiting for an answer.

0 0
Score : 2

Arordern frowned, this creature was annoying him. He decided not to leave traces anymore, they caused to much trouble. Oh, the creature was still talking, it had become very annoying. He decided to deal with the two dazed figure first, and then kill this "thing". He was slightly worried about that fight, it was possible the thing may try to sell him insurance. He then wondered if they had cleaned the sewers of the last human that tried to sell him insurance, oh well. He smiled at the talkative one as a lance came through the wall, and its neck. Arordern watched as the crafer lancer began stabbing the thing. He grinned, despawned his minion and cast the thing to Rushu. He fired a volley of arrows at the two humans in the crater. As he moved toward Klatch he wondered what the fight would have been like if she had shut up.

0 0

Rhyanna frowned. So, he was one of those kind, was he? Oh, well, if he resolved to be the person who threatened the well-being of life at the moment, then so be it.

He started to head to the city, and she followed. Halfway there, she forced the air into a solid state, making a wall right in front of her attacker. The moment he flew close, she closed the air in around him, and with a gesture the walls of air caught on fire--oxygen was handy like that--and she said, "You have crossed The Imaginer. You have threatened the well being of all version of the universe, and every world in them. You have threatened life itself, and, as the protector of this force, I must stop you. You will have one more chance, to turn back on the path you walk. Otherwise, you will die. Fool. You do not know the powers that you toy with, even now. Are you ready for the life that my enemies lead?" Her voice had turned...strange. She spoke with the whisper of a thousand voices, the sound of sand flowing through an hourglass and the sound of sandpaper rubbing against itself in a continuous stream. Everything seemed to be the voice she spoke with; the harmony of the universe was her voice. Life passed through her, and those nearby heard the toll of their own death bells, and remembered suddenly that they would die. Still, it was a voice that inspired nothing but life.

She waited for a response, wings outstretched, holding a fireball in front of her; this was a majestic pose for sure.

OOC time: so you guys understand, this is a god-modding lovers heaven. In other words, yes, I am god modding, because god modding is allowed here. Everyone does, and that is what makes it a level playing field. Also, MagicalNobody, DWKmaster, talith, if you still read this post, please continue--I don't want it to die, it's actually of influence here. Plus, I really wan to see more of your characters. They look like it would be fun to have fights with--on their side or against it.
So please, guys, post.

0 0

Majora Descole woke up.

He continued to be in a state of having woken up for several seconds. About then, he noticed Rhyanna and the strange personage in some sort of combat. It looked violent.

And that meant Fun!

Quiet!

Sorry. Now:

The Masqueraider snapped his fingers, and Teru Mikami appeared out of the River--or was it not more of a Bridge--Ankh, Death Note in hand.

"God?" He looked around. "Where's God?"

"Your god is dead. He was defeated by a ten-year-old boy, and I possess the last remaining vestiges of life he has in my bag. Therefore, you will obey my orders."

Mikami nodded blankly without seeming to understand the implications of Majora's statement.

"Yes."

Majora smiled evilly and pointed at the two figures.

"Kill them both."

And with two quick sakujos, Rhyanna Bredlau and the mysterious archer fell dead upon the ground forty seconds later.

1 0
Respond to this thread