FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Newbie

By January 15, 2011, 02:34:38
Reactions 44
Score : 71

OOC: Love the incorporation of Death Note, DWKmaster. I could almost taste the bitterness of your voice as you mentioned Kira's defeat by a mere 10-year-old. A brilliant one, but a ten-year-old. L's succesor. You know what this means, though: L time!!

Rhyanna doubled over, hands to her chest. God, it turned out that heart attacks really did hurt--for that was surely her affliction. A tall, pale man in a white, long-sleeved t-shirt and jeans, with a constant but slight hunch to his shoulders, ran over. His eyes had dark shadows underneath, and his hair, a blue so dark it was often mistaken for black, stuck up to the left of his face, and fell in front of his eyes.

"Rhyanna, hold in there. You'll be fine," he said, reaching out his hand and putting it on her shoulder as she fell to her knees. Seeing that she would, in a few more moments, be dead, he yelled, "Don't you dare let go on me, you hear?!? If you don't come back, I swear...I am--was--not the head of the Kira investigation just so that some crazy follower could kill my fiance!"

Rhyanna smiled grimly, and fell. For a moment, she was floating in a black nothing, just waiting, not caring. She saw a horse rear, and a name floated into her head: Binky. A tall figure in a black cowl, carrying a scythe, got off.

"HELLO, DEAR," said Death.

"Hiya," she replied, the fog over her mind lifting. She became more and more aware, and felt her life and body tugging, gently but insistently, on her soul. "I think I have to go now. See you later."

"ACTUALLY, I NEED TO COME WITH YOU. IT SEEMS A HUNTER WILL DIE IN A FEW MINUTES, ONCE YOU WAKE BACK UP." Death got back on the horse and continued, "SO, SHALL WE GO?"

Rhyanna nodded, and suddenly she was lying face-down on the ground, dirt in her mouth.

Standing, she looked over to where her opponent lay. He seemed quite dead. The body shimmered, though, and dissapeared, and Rhyanna knew that wasn't the last she would hear of him. L smiled at her revival, and pointed.

"See the man with a mask on and the strange one with messy hair?" he asked. "That's where the Death Note is. I saw the masked one give and order to the other after pulling him out of a bridge. I would guess that they are working together. Or the other is being ordered by the masked one."

Rhyanna nodded, the swept her arm around his waist, spread her wings, and flew over. When they both had touched down and gotten their footing, she let go of L and stalked over the Majora Descole and Teru Mikami. "I am disgusted by the likes of you," was all she said. Then her eyes lit upon the Death Note, and she held her hand out, narrowing her eyes and concentrating. It burst into flames, and Mikami dropped it in shock. She then made him burst into flames.

"So, Majora, do you want to be evil and fight me, or simply stop fighting me, I say it was ignorance that made you attack, and I don't kill you very painfully and with amounts of blood usually only seen on Baccano! (which I am no longer allowed to watch due to too high of a rating most likely because of the amount sof blood) on the spot? Hm? Which sounds better to you?" she asked pleasantly. Though her voice was soft, the knife forged of ice against his throat was not, and her eyes showed that she would not wait long, nor hesitate in killing him once he decided.

"Don't trust him. He will most likely lie to save his life and then kill you," L advised her.

Rhyanna nodded. "That is a good point, but it will be hard to get any help if I kill everyone right off the bat, right? So I'll give him the choice. He tries to kill me again," she turned back to Majora, malice filling her face as she continued, "and he dies. Since I don't have to worry about such petty things, I think it will all turn out right." She wondered, though if the tall one with the staff (who never introduced himself, by the way. Ahem!) would turn against her as well. She wanted to fight my his side, not against him. As promised, however, a hunter showed up. Rhyanna made a lazy circle with her finger and metal closed over everyone's throats. She immediately moved the knife over Majora's heart, since a collar of iron would be harder to cut through, though she shouldn't have been concerned--the knives she made over her hands could easily cut through bone, after all. "Don't worry, those collars with keep you from being taken over by the Hunters. You don't have to struggle; they'll be off in a moment." With that, the Hunter was incinerated, and the collars disappeared. The knife was suddenly at Majora's throat again. Rhyanna sent life at Xenos, (AKA the Tall One with the Staff until she knows better) hoping that he wasn't dead.

"I'm still waiting for an answer, you know," she said to Majora. "You don't want to keep me waiting, I promise."

And she waited for an answer as Death retrieved the charred Hunter's soul and left.

She waited....and waited...and, finally, she decided to wait no longer. She stepped back, the point of the knife barely touching Majora's throat, and said, "Majora. You have been named as a spirit of evil. You must now die!!!"

She stepped back again, and lifted Majora into the air. He felt a pressure as his blood vessels rose to the surface, and suddenly they all ripped out at once.

0 0
Score : 288

The Infinite Chess Generator' has made it's move Ne2, please make yours." His internal memo stated.

Arorden, no it wasn't, he was only limited by the black knight's sword when he played chess. Arorden was all 5 limits. What was this one called again? Oh yeah, Diacomple sighed, "oh well, this was just getting interesting" he then brought the observer to the chess game, letting his body just fall down. He looked at the chess board," it's over"he thought and created a chess sprite and gave it the next 20 moves for it to play

He watched as the scene unfurled. Oh good, I finally figured everything out except why I'm still Diacomple. Either a glitch in the spell or someone figured out a way to kill the bandits are the most likely for that, but the rest he knew. Time for an intervention! Diacomple took a step down. The creatures knife shattered. He spaced unto thy creature, " 1a The being Romulus is guilty of the massacre of millions for his survival, 1b the fact that universe will end when he dies is a given, as it ends every moment anyway" by now the spell of the godly statement had ended but the lecture continued "2a the fact that Death is actually Bill Door is also true.2b The fact that all of your spawns are smitten with you is that they gain your self absorbedness..." By now he was passing with an open book and drawing diagrams and pointing with his sword.

ooc This is the third time I typed this and it grot shorter every time, and the fiancé part went to far. and this from a cafe in the pyrannees on an IPod Touch, I'll editit later

0 0
redpip|2011-07-23 01:58:02
The Infinite Chess Generator' has made it's move Ne2, please make yours." His internal memo stated.

Arorden, no it wasn't, he was only limited by the black knight's sword when he played chess. Arorden was all 5 limits. What was this one called again? Oh yeah, Diacomple sighed, "oh well, this was just getting interesting" he then brought the observer to the chess game, letting his body just fall down. He looked at the chess board," it's over"he thought and created a chess sprite and gave it the next 20 moves for it to play

He watched as the scene unfurled. Oh good, I finally figured everything out except why I'm still Diacomple. Either a glitch in the spell or someone figured out a way to kill the bandits are the most likely for that, but the rest he knew. Time for an intervention! Diacomple took a step down. The creatures knife shattered. He spaced unto thy creature, " 1a The being Romulus is guilty of the massacre of millions for his survival, 1b the fact that universe will end when he dies is a given, as it ends every moment anyway" by now the spell of the godly statement had ended but the lecture continued "2a the fact that Death is actually Bill Door is also true.2b The fact that all of your spawns are smitten with you is that they gain your self absorbedness..." By now he was passing with an open book and drawing diagrams and pointing with his sword.

ooc This is the third time I typed this and it grot shorter every time, and the fiancé part went to far. and this from a cafe in the pyrannees on an IPod Touch, I'll editit later
OOC: Sorry, but it's true...in fact, as of the 21st, wife. biggrin joke's on you guys. I know it's odd, but I told you she's a hopeless romantic with five husbands at the beginning...you knew about Death...and honestly? If L did watch his fiance nearly die...you don't think he'd be a bit mad, eh? I mean, really? Do you think he's completely apathetic? Have you watched ANY of the Death Note eppisodes with L in them? Or read ANY of the manga with him in them? JEEZ!!!
Oh, and I do not understand the chess thing at all.
Anyway, time to go back to Rhyanna!
Rhyanna ran over to Xenos. "Are you alright?"
She revived Ax, who had somehow gotten caught in the blast after he was caught in the blast.
"Hey, tall guy. With a staff...you still there? Helloo...." She realized he was most likely dead and quickly revived him. If he didn't die, it would stack anyway, after all...
"I think I came up with the problem. Care to help me?"
0 0
Score : 3123

Majora Descole sighed as the blood returned to his body. He put on a new mask and shot a lazar beam at the annoying bandit's diagram and informed him of a possibility involving Jesus and three bishops. "Ja4 will pin his queen to the king so you can do that thing with the q-bishop." He then turned to face Rhyanna, Xenos, and Ax.

"Lord Ghirahim! You can take off the red thingy now!"

The aforementioned Lord Ghirahim started to laugh and spread his hands out as the aforementioned red thingy around his neck started to turned into a bunch of floating diamonds, and he ripped Xenos' staff out of his hand with two fingers, tossing it six throusand miles away. Majora busied himself with Reena's various summons.

"The cake is a lie!" he called to the British detective in the upper-left of the screen, who promptly died of a broken heart.

"Hey, look, a plague in Pseudopolis!" he exclaimed at Death, pointing to a nearby plague-ridden town and hoping the skeletal skeleton wouldn't notice that it was not, in fact, Pseudopolis.

"Oh, Miss Bredlau! Your boyfriend's dead!" Majora pointed to L's corpse, still struck with an expression of pure sadness and dismay, coupled with anger. Ax, having been caught in a convenient blast, disintegrated.

OOC: The q-bishop is the bishop on the q-file.

0 0

"He's lying," she said to Death. "Although there is a plauge there, it isn't the city he mentioned. Look, his hands are shaking. Anyway, L, the cake is NOT a lie, get up." She threw life in L's direction with a sigh. This was the problem with having a detective that, well, people want dead. And who did die as part of the plotline. At least she had revived him...she shook herself from her reverie, and sent life to L--both physically and mentally, saying into his mind, She conjured up a plate of shortcake in his hand, and he awoke, shoveling it in hungrily.
"Sorry. Did I die?" he asked.
"I don't know. You might have, but you aren't dead now, so I am not worried. Now, for you. You attack with range. I do too. But I want you to know: chess will not solve all of your problems. And nice spell going with that 'the cake is a lie' thing, but you are seriously a dummkopf, a bakka. You idiot, you fool, just cake isn't enough to kill L. I mean, a shinigami was required. Kira couldn't do it on his own. Bakka."
She closed her eyes, lowered her head, and transported him to a place in the middle of a yeerk breeding ground.
"I have a feeling I will regret that later, once he's a host--but it'll be fun to listen to him scream as the yeerks fight to crawl into his ear, and then once one does, and wraps itself around his brain and takes over completely. She revived Ax, then went over to Xenos. Best to wait. The day had already slipped by, and the sun was now setting. If, by next morning, he wasn't alive...she might have to step in. Meanwhile, she wondered, where was that staff?
she said to Ax.
Ax nodded, and replied, He trotted off and disappeared.
Death turned to her and said, "I SHOULD GO TOO. THERE IS A PLAGUE, AFTER ALL, AND SOMEONE IS ABOUT TO DIE. GOOD LUCK."
"Good bye, then, and see you later. If you see Susan, say hi for me."
He nodded, and Binky trotted off.
L sighed, and leaned against a tree. "We should sleep now, while we have the chance. Be glad it's summer--we might not be indoors for the night in a while."
She nodded, sat next to him, lay her head against his chest, and closed her eyes. It took her half an hour to get to sleep, but she went over everything in the meantime. Who was the masked presence? Was she right in thinking that the problem here was a power balance? Or was this something more. These worlds shouldn't be together, that was for sure. Earth and the world of books and movies known as Fastreena. This wasn't right...

Rhyanna jolted awake in the full sunlight. She realized that it was noon, 24 hours after the attack. After the fire bolt. She had fought him off, twice, and then...what? She had stayed up thinking, as usual, for a half hour, but...what had it been? She had stayed up until midnight...and it was important...

Suddenly, it all came rushing back. Her theory on the colliding worlds, everything. She had drawn a line and arrow in the direction the staff had flown for later reference, and now she knew what a plausible problem here was. But the tall one...was he dead? Would he be irreversibly? And what, pray tell, was she supposed to do about the colliding worlds. She had never encountered anything like this before. Most of the time it was a power balance, or Romanius was in danger, but most of the time...it was almost nothing. She stayed around, kicked some villain butts, and left. But something here was VERY wrong, and Rhyanna couldn't help but wonder if it was because of a mistake she made earlier. Had she missed something?

But that could wait until after breakfast. She stood and started to wander around, wondering what was edible here, wishing she already knew everything, the system of the universe, so that she could have a persona, and maybe she would know, but for some reason it was blocked off to her.

She continued to wander, looking for food. Meat would be best, since it was least likely to be poison...she thought.

An hour later, and still no food. There were small birds, but...well, they were so small they wouldn't constitute as food, it seemed, and they were so darned cute. And she didn't have any money, so she couldn't buy food...ah, well. At least Nafar could live with no food from the stocked supplies they kept, but L and the rest...well, if he wasn't able to eat, she wasn't sure what would happen. He would probably worry about a decreasing IQ...

But right now, she thought she could live. And she could let him go to HQ to eat, then come back. So long as he didn't get himself killed--yet again--she would be fine. Now, as for that staff...maybe it was important?

She looked at the arrow and flew...and if it turned out that it reappeared on his person when it was separated from him, she was going to positively scream. Right now, she had enough problems, what with the Apocalypse seemingly looming over her head. If the flight was wasted effort...well, she couldn't waste any time right now.

OOC: If you still look at this forum at all, MagicalNobody, at I mentioned in the last post (an hour ago story-time), it has been 24 hours. You can wake up now.

Rhyanna realized that the tall one with the staff wasn't going to wake up. He was too dead. So she went off to find his staff. Maybe that would help?
Flying in the direction the line in the sand showed--at least, what she thought it showed, since she had forgotten to draw an arrow--she looked down to see if the staff was anywhere in sight. She used a magic sense to see if any power residue was available to point her in the right direction, but to no avail.
Finally, when her wings could barely lift due to exhaustion, she found something. It was a long way off, but she would still try to make it...
An hour later, feet away from the signal, she crashed. Tumbling in the dirt and dust, rocks bit into her skin and bruises formed almost instantly. She stopped and rolled one final time, face down in a patch of mud. Wait...mud? Like the hill--the amount of power from the landing...! She found it! Or...she could have. She wasn't sure.
She lifted her head, straining from the effort--and saw what looked to be a caduceus, with a silver ring in between the heads of the two snakes.
Was this the key to Xenos' life? Could it be that simple? But...he had seemed so...powerful...
She lifted it, and started to flap her wings, when her hands burned. She took in the heat, and used it--but then it turned to something more powerful than she could contain.
She opened the claudication pocket that opened at her side always, and threw it in. The blisters on her hands tried to heal, started to close up, and then stopped. It seemed that this damage, if reversible, would have to take a normal amount of time to heal. She flapped her wings and began to rise, gaining speed despite the feebleness of her movements. The blast of heat that had scorched her hands had hurt, yes, but it had given her strength. So she flew, and just as she was about to get to the perfect speed and altitude for flight, she felt herself weakening. She flapped, and flapped, determined that she would travel back and get the staff to Xenos--who knew what time restrictions there were?--and so she kept trying, even though she was thousands of miles from the starting point.
Suddenly, all of her strength gave out, and she plummeted to the ground.

0 0
Respond to this thread