FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Anyone? Hello?

By ImaKitteh April 21, 2011, 20:00:16

Does anyone know when Ankama is going to make bombs 2 casts per turn? Or even IF they are going to? Because to me it seems pretty pointless. You're a bomber class. Aight here's how my first three PvP fights went; Grenado, *he runs*, kick back and another grenado, *he runs and uses punitive, *detonates bombs so I make more* Grenado. I die.
AM I THE ONLY FREAKIN ONE WHO AGREES THAT IT SHOULD BE TWO BOMBS PER TURN?
Lend me your feedback.biggrin ohmy tongue 

0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 516

I agree. But bombs aren't the only things avaliable. If you're agi shouldn't you be hiding and carbining around corners?

0 0
Score : 25846

It seems that bombs are more manageable at pvm, and direct damage spells are for pvp. While having both of them might be good, you will need a lot of spell points to accomplish that. Rouge are bomber build for pvm and gunner build for pvp IMO. As a pvm player, my level 9-15 bomber rouge on a regular adventurer set and maxed gobtubby pawned all the dooples using a 1 time detonate 3 bomb combo (70+70+xx damage). I don't expect that strategy to work on pvp.

0 0
Score : 1320

They should allow you to cast 2 bombs a turn...allowing you to create your wall every turn (allowing you to be more strategical)

0 0
Score : 25846
Psychomantiss|2011-05-12 23:18:20
They should allow you to cast 2 bombs a turn...allowing you to create your wall every turn (allowing you to be more strategical)
2 bomb a turn is way too OP for PvM. Did you see the damage of a level 11 rouge with a 3 bomb combo? 70+70+XX damage add to that the glyph damage of 30+ on 2nd and 3rd turn and the glyph activation damage of 30+ (300 damage in 3 turn = 100 damage per turn). I don't see any other class giving that much damage at level 11 with an adventurer set + gobtubby. That is a 3 turn fight on dopples (+1-2 turn for getting close to the dopples). Just imagine how easy it is to set up a 3 bomb combo if you can place 2 bomb per turn. Even if the monster kill one bomb, next turn you can complete the combo.

Maybe it would be ok for PvP because setting up 3 bomb is very difficult against a thinking opponent.

Maybe make the rouge cast 1 bomb/turn on PvM and 2 bombs/turn on PvP.
0 0
Gunnerwolfang|2011-05-13 06:19:42
Psychomantiss|2011-05-12 23:18:20
2 bomb a turn is way too OP for PvM. Did you see the damage of a level 11 rouge with a 3 bomb combo? 70+70+XX damage add to that the glyph damage of 30+ on 2nd and 3rd turn and the glyph activation damage of 30+ (300 damage in 3 turn = 100 damage per turn). I don't see any other class giving that much damage at level 11 with an adventurer set + gobtubby. That is a 3 turn fight on dopples (+1-2 turn for getting close to the dopples). Just imagine how easy it is to set up a 3 bomb combo if you can place 2 bomb per turn. Even if the monster kill one bomb, next turn you can complete the combo.

Maybe it would be ok for PvP because setting up 3 bomb is very difficult against a thinking opponent.

Maybe make the rouge cast 1 bomb/turn on PvM and 2 bombs/turn on PvP.
Even in PvM setting up a 3 combo is rather difficult due to the low hp on bombs...even setting 2 each turn will result in both bombs being killed unless you throw them in a seriously nonsensical direction...but then what good are they?...so either 2 a turn, or drastically increase hp for bombs
0 0
Score : 5058

That's where strategy comes into play. Bombs gain a lot of HP when you reach levels with good HP equips. But even early on, a Gobball set will make your bombs usually survive a single attack. What stops you from tossing out your first bomb away from the monster, then the second bomb next to it and using Dirty Trick to build a wall? Or why not count the MP of the monster and place the first bomb just outside reach so next turn you can build a wall right in front of it or around it and detonate both bombs for double damage? There are plenty of options even with low HP bombs.

0 0
Blimy|2011-05-16 18:32:22
That's where strategy comes into play. Bombs gain a lot of HP when you reach levels with good HP equips. But even early on, a Gobball set will make your bombs usually survive a single attack. What stops you from tossing out your first bomb away from the monster, then the second bomb next to it and using Dirty Trick to build a wall? Or why not count the MP of the monster and place the first bomb just outside reach so next turn you can build a wall right in front of it or around it and detonate both bombs for double damage? There are plenty of options even with low HP bombs.
I do count the mp...and all this other stuff, however...with this new bs AI...you almost HAVE to get them to hit your bomb in order to line them up right...which if you are a lvl 20-30 that doesnt just hunt gobballs...tends to make it rather difficult to keep your bomb alive first hit...
0 0
Respond to this thread