FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Hybrid Rog critique please.

By Lolitsneal - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - June 29, 2011, 00:00:16

First I will start by saying the Rogue is such a cool class. Very strategic and slippery with his rogue skills.

So I am still low level at 30, but I was wondering how your alls experiences where with different stat specs.
Right now I am splitting stats mainly int with a splash of agility and vit.

For damage I am using fire walls/bombs and will soon be using Pulsar. With int I am expecting the damage to be very decent with these.

What would be the point of going more into agility? The air bombs dont do as much damage, and carbine is not as powerful as pulsar. Is the main reason to spec full agility to improve your locking skills while standing next to someone? Also with the MP steal of the bombs, cant I just put 3 or so points into the air bomb and have the same desired effects even as int as main stat and agility as secondary?

Basically I am just trying to build an all around awesome build with good everything and wanting to know the advantages to going full agility as opposed to int/agi hybrid.

Anyone here been able to compare agility with intelligence?
These seem like the two main rogue builds.

Water seems like there is not enough oomph besides stealing a few ap at close range.
Also seen some people say to go wisdom.... but isnt this just for more xp? That seems silly.

Is hybrid int/agi viable?

Thanks for your time!

0 0
Reactions 3
Score : 5058

Int/Agi appears to be one of the best combination for a Rogue. Intel gives you a high damage potential while Agi allows you to lock your opponents in your walls. Locking requires good HP because you will take more of a beating compared to a ranged build. But high HP also means your bombs may survive longer.

You compare Pulsar and Carabine, stating that Pulsar is more powerful. This isn't actually correct. Pulsar can be used only once with a limited range. However, it is not linear in any way, which makes it very versatile. However, it will leave you stranded, as it takes all your MP. Carabine can essentially cover the entire map and is a spell that affects an area of effect (AoE). Assuming you can get diagonal (give or take one) to your opponent, you could reach them on the other side of the map and still do high damage, twice a turn. Overall, I'd consider Carabine more powerful as a spell.

0 0
Score : 468
Blimy|2011-06-30 15:25:11
Int/Agi appears to be one of the best combination for a Rogue. Intel gives you a high damage potential while Agi allows you to lock your opponents in your walls. Locking requires good HP because you will take more of a beating compared to a ranged build. But high HP also means your bombs may survive longer.

Pulsar can be used only once with a limited range. However, it is not linear in any way, which makes it very versatile. However, it will leave you stranded, as it takes all your MP. Carabine can essentially cover the entire map and is a spell that affects an area of effect (AoE). Assuming you can get diagonal (give or take one) to your opponent, you could reach them on the other side of the map and still do high damage, twice a turn. Overall, I'd consider Carabine more powerful as a spell.
Thanks for reply. I am still going mostly int in my stat points points and am now level 40. Pulsar is GREAT so far. Huge damage numbers when I can pull one off with full MP. It is not as hard as you would think once you get used to the range and being non linear. Does Pulsar damage scale pretty well? If intelligence is % based then it would seem like the scaling of Pulsar is going to be insane considering it has over twice as much damage than any other of our moves base damage. Also even though it takes all your mp you can still use dirty trick or rogue to make a good escape.

Seems like Carbines damage would not scale as well as Pulsar. I will admit it seems like Carbines range is much more useful. But the AE effect seems minimal. I cannot remember the AP usage but if it is 4 then casting it twice will take all your ap if you even get 8 ap. I can however see how locking people inside your walls would be VERY handy. Is it worth it to splash a stat like agility? Will I still have a chance to lock people and not be locked as badly? Or will it just go mostly to waste and I will not notice any locking difference? If I just splash agility I could still use Carbine do a decent effect? Since agility does seem like it scales as well with damage?

So many questions! =P

And just to add another one without starting a new thread. Where do I get the quest for the Boombot spell? Is it that quest in the main little rogue temple in Astrub?
0 0
Score : 5058

I'd definitely scroll Agi to 101. Usually, your gear will provide decent Agi if you choose the right gear for that purpose. Carabine will still do decent damage even with 101 scrolled and rest only from gear. It just won't do anywhere near as much as it could but that applies to everything. 2x 4 AP will become reasonably cheap the more you level up. Casting Carabine twice will eventually get a similar damage output to Pulsar PER TURN, as in 2x Carabine ~ 1x Pulsar. So depending on your strategy it'll work out even the same cost if you have to use Trick or Rogue to make your escape.

Pulsar is pretty much only dependent on your actual stats. The more Intel and %dmg you have in your set, the higher damage will be. +dmg will also make a bit of a dent but not too much due to the high base damage of the spell. Carabine is similar but will benefit a bit more from +dmg because the base damage of the spell is lower.

To get Boombot, you will need to go to your class temple and fight your class dopple (and win). You can then trade in the doploon that you gained for the class spell.

0 0
Respond to this thread