FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Rogue and Stuff

By ArchMatrix - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - October 03, 2011, 22:11:29

In my humble opinion rogue could use a little restructuring. For each element they have 2 attack skills and one bomb and the rest of the skills are buffs for bombs or ways to maneuver around the grid. In my personal experience battles take way too long as a rogue. A battle that may take all other classes a maximum of 5 minutes might take some rogues around 10-15 minutes. Our skills do not become powerful at anytime and our bombs are easily destroyed and avoided in pvm and pvp. Plus only one bomb can be placed per turn per element. Often a rogue is restricted to a narrow range of independence in some battle situations while in other occasions they can be as efficient as other classes.
Bombs and Damage skills:
If we could place 2 bombs of the same element per turn I believe that alone would solve several problems with battle time and give rogue a more realistic appeal damage wise.
As for the battle skills boomerang daggers and carbine perhaps they could have a secondary effect to compensate for their low damage and 1 ap cost cut from each one with the limitation of 2 casts per turn. Modifiable should be redone to allow only a certain amount of range to be removed.
Buffs and nonDamage skills:
For the buffs that lie in the rogue skill case: Kaboom could give a +bonus of stats (Intelligence, Agility, and Chance). Example-Kaboom renders the target immune of allied bombs and adds a bonus depending on the type of bomb explosion and +100 intel/agility/chance for the duration of the Kaboom state (for affected allies also) which is currently 2 turns.Kaboom is a final skill and should be deserving of waiting 100 levels for it. All other buffs could be allowed to be cast on self as well as on allies and some on enemies-Countdown/Powder:RA=0--X range.
The unmovable state could be similar to a guaranteed mp steal on enemies that makes them unmovable for x time period, and unable to be knocked back by moves such as fear and intimidation for allies; not to mention unable to be transposed by skills such as transposition/cooperation/ect. Countdown should be allowed for + damage buff just as iops have increase and mutilation.

This is for the rogue players out there with genuine experience, speak freely. (Not to those who often find themselves accusing a class of being overpowered without playing it first)

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 117

In all honestly I dissagree. Sure it will make the rogue more effective/powerful. But honestly almost too powerful in the wrong ways.

With the two bombs, seems like a lovely situation but 7ap and 0 tactics one could place a wall over the monster then blow the bombs dealing 40% combo twice over plus the wall damage. This totals a 4.8 times unbuffed single bomb damage. The only way to balance it back out is to drop the base bomb damage. Making almost every combo that does not include at least 7ap to suck.

Kaboom is fine as it is as well imo. It already can give Damage/MP/AP boosts, whats wrong with that?

-Gib-

0 0
Score : 141

Brah, the rogue is a rogue coz its got tactics, what you're proposing is turning it into an Iop with bombs, that aint gonna fly

The reason why buffs cant be cast on self is to ensure that rogues dont become Iop, Self buff and attack, but instead use bombs like they're supposed to, I agree with Gibbie on not allowing 2 bombs to be placed in a turn and Kaboom is nice already.

Carbine and Boomarang daggers have "low" (it aint even that low) damage to ensure bomb use, if you want damage, get an Iop

I understand that fights take long, but the way i think of it is: Rogues are for people who enjoy tactical situations, and dont mind long fights. Sure, we dont do powerlevel, but we enjoy the fight, not just the victory.

Sorry if i sound insulting, don't mean it like that...

0 0
Score : 1848

Duuuuude, learn to set up a combo and mobs will take 3minutes where other classes take 5-7.

0 0
Score : 2267
ArchMatrix|2011-10-03 22:11:29
In my humble opinion rogue could use a little restructuring. For each element they have 2 attack skills and one bomb and the rest of the skills are buffs for bombs or ways to maneuver around the grid. In my personal experience battles take way too long as a rogue. A battle that may take all other classes a maximum of 5 minutes might take some rogues around 10-15 minutes. Our skills do not become powerful at anytime and our bombs are easily destroyed and avoided in pvm and pvp. Plus only one bomb can be placed per turn per element. Often a rogue is restricted to a narrow range of independence in some battle situations while in other occasions they can be as efficient as other classes.
Bombs and Damage skills:
If we could place 2 bombs of the same element per turn I believe that alone would solve several problems with battle time and give rogue a more realistic appeal damage wise.
As for the battle skills boomerang daggers and carbine perhaps they could have a secondary effect to compensate for their low damage and 1 ap cost cut from each one with the limitation of 2 casts per turn. Modifiable should be redone to allow only a certain amount of range to be removed.
Buffs and nonDamage skills:
For the buffs that lie in the rogue skill case: Kaboom could give a +bonus of stats (Intelligence, Agility, and Chance). Example-Kaboom renders the target immune of allied bombs and adds a bonus depending on the type of bomb explosion and +100 intel/agility/chance for the duration of the Kaboom state (for affected allies also) which is currently 2 turns.Kaboom is a final skill and should be deserving of waiting 100 levels for it. All other buffs could be allowed to be cast on self as well as on allies and some on enemies-Countdown/Powder:RA=0--X range.
The unmovable state could be similar to a guaranteed mp steal on enemies that makes them unmovable for x time period, and unable to be knocked back by moves such as fear and intimidation for allies; not to mention unable to be transposed by skills such as transposition/cooperation/ect. Countdown should be allowed for + damage buff just as iops have increase and mutilation.

This is for the rogue players out there with genuine experience, speak freely. (Not to those who often find themselves accusing a class of being overpowered without playing it first)
Even if I don't agee with you with the solution I agree that something needs to be done. I have two L.160 characters, a feca and a rogue. I can easily make a comparision and I must say, it's like night and day in performance. Even the old feca version (2010) is better than the rogue class. That should describe the crises well.

1. Feca does more overall dmg
2. Buffs his alllies better (teamplay)
3. Doesn't need to do much puzzle work to maximize his dmg. The puzzle consist for a feca to hit as much enemies as possible with burning glyph every 3rd turn. For a rogue.. for a rogue... it's so complicated I rather pass on explaining it.

All the other offensive classes does more dmg. Iops, sacriers, masquraiders, ecaflips and etc. Does around 1000dmg per turn. While, (at least mine) rogue does around 500. When 3 set combo set does 1000-2000dmg. But that happends rarely. If the rogues can't help their team with offensive powers, what can they do?
0 0
Respond to this thread