FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Is there a 'correct' way of playing a Rogue?

By December 24, 2011, 11:23:20

I was recently in a kolo match, in a team which included a rogue. As we played, the other team was criticizing his gameplay and said she plays her rogue completely wrong.

So I wondered, is there a preferred way of gameplay for you Rogues?

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 5250

I think there is no wrong way you an play any class unless its something like an vit cra. It's how ever you want to play your class.

0 0
Score : 1411

From what I have seen, rogue is probably the hardest class to play in a group. Your best attacks take 3+ turns to set up, and require support from your group to pull off. If the people teamed with the rogue haven't really played with one before, I'm sure it was a frustrating experience.....

I just hope the rogue didn't get too discouraged, and will continue to play.

0 0
Score : 3679

Well, if you do not have multi accounts, find a fixed group, it's getting hard to find it with the koliseum and big guilds... Try find low level friends, people you can trust, just one is enough and you'll kill a lot of mobs that you couldn't before at this level or such small team ^^

0 0
Score : 580
Coffeeandbowties|2011-12-24 11:23:20
I was recently in a kolo match, in a team which included a rogue. As we played, the other team was criticizing his gameplay and said she plays her rogue completely wrong.

So I wondered, is there a preferred way of gameplay for you Rogues?

I do have a preferred way of gameplay: Go with whatever works.

Sometimes, bombs are your best option. Sometimes, direct spell (or weapon) damage gets the job done. Some situations require a mixture of both.

You should take opponent's comments with a grain of salt. You can't know for sure if they are being serious, or if they are just blabbing away to get a psychological edge. Maybe they just like to hear themselves talk; who knows?

Playing a Rogue in a group doesn't need to be difficult; things can get very complicated if you want them to be, but playing a supporting role is easy. None of your buff spells really depend on line-of-sight, and you can use map manipulation (Kickback, Magnet, Boombot) to help your team. Unless you're facing enemies which can easily kill bombs (Osas, for example), it's good to throw a bomb or two out -- even if you don't plan on using them immediately. Human opponents may ignore the bombs or try to destroy them. Neither of these are bad, because most opponents will spend more than 3 AP to kill a bomb -- and bombs will stack bonuses if they aren't destroyed.
0 0
Score : 429

I don't have anything to say anymore CunningFiend didn't forget anything.

I agree with everything he said.

-Woobett

0 0
Respond to this thread