FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How do you sleep?

By ---gordeous-- June 19, 2010, 16:57:10

Taken from: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/what...nality-1338293/
* Fetus position - A whopping 41% of participants sleep in this curled-up manner. Women are twice as likely to rest like this and it is listed as the most common position. These sleepers are said to have a tough exterior but are still sensitive and may appear to be shy but warm up quickly.

* Log position - If you sleep on your side with both arms down, you are a social, easy-going person who is trusting, sometimes to the point of being gullible. The study showed 15% of people sleep like a log.

* Yearner position - A close third is the side-lying position with both arms out in front of the body, with 13% of partipants sleeping like this. Yearners are noted to be open-minded and still cynical, suspicious, and stubborn about sticking to decisions once they are made.

* Soldier position - These sleepers lie on their backs with arms down and kept close to the body. This 8% study is said to be reserved, quiet, without fuss, and hold themselves and others to a high standard. Soldier sleepers have a higher likelihood for snoring due to the flat-back position, which may not cause them to wake up often but may result in a less restful night's sleep.

* Freefall position - Those people who lie on their bellies with arms under or wrapped around a pillow with head turned to the side, make up 7% of the population studied. Freefallers are brash, outgoing, and are very uncomfortable with criticism.

* Starfish position - Sleepers who lie on their backs with arms up near their head or the pillow account for 5% of participants. These people are good listeners, helpful, and are uncomfortable being the center of attention. People who sleep in starfish position are more likely to snore and to suffer from a poor night's sleep more often.

Found this an interesting read. What's your position, and what does it say about you?

As for me, I'm a born freefaller/yearner
0 0
Reactions 58
Score : 3266

Actually, I usually sleep in yearner/freefaller too. That's probably because I have a big log pillow beside me which is very cuddly. Yay for log pillows!

0 0
Score : 1574
SilverAmphithere|2010-06-19 17:48:00
Actually, I usually sleep in yearner/freefaller too. That's probably because I have a big log pillow beside me which is very cuddly. Yay for log pillows!

where have you been all my life? smile
the same reason here smile
0 0
---gordeous--|2010-06-20 01:53:00
where have you been all my life? smile

... hiding in the cellar with my tin foil hat...
0 0
Score : 7475

xDD

Starfish/foetus, here :3

0 0
Score : 11138

Soldier.

0 0
XehanordHeartless|2010-06-19 18:32:00
Soldier.

personaly... I've never got it how people could actualy sleep as those... if I even think of it my back hurts and I don't wna sleep anymore smile
0 0
Score : 2475

I'm probably one of the rarest cases. None of the above.. I sleep in a pretty strange position. And I sleep in in one and wake up in another. The next evening I sleep in in the one I woke up etc.
The most common position I sleep in is a mix of uhh probably foetus and yearner (well it's not.. but it's the nearest to it I'd say)
Also, I've seen this on yahoo too ^^ it was on some weeks ago

0 0
tayathesummoner|2010-06-19 19:18:00
I'm probably one of the rarest cases. None of the above.. I sleep in a pretty strange position.

hehe, I once woke up with no pillow and with my head where my feet should be and vica versa ohmy
I also woke up in my own vomit once... but that's another story.... (including 4 litres of booz...)
0 0
---gordeous--|2010-06-19 20:21:00
hehe, I once woke up with no pillow and with my head where my feet should be and vica versa ohmy
I also woke up in my own vomit once... but that's another story.... (including 4 litres of booz...)

xD nice
I once woke up in the middle of the night and I didn't knew where I was.. I was hitting the wall and searching for the light switch :S but it was on the other wall -.-'' I was like WTF WHERE AM I!!!
I sleep the best when I sleep with my bf in his arms :3 (even if that's just like for.. 3 - 4 hours)
0 0

D'awww. That's always a nice feeling, it's absolute bliss. I'm single now, and it's probably what I miss most.

0 0

Yeah.. All of those sleep positions are interesting, but the best is the one you share with :3 not only is it nice and comfy, but also warm and it beats ^^ and it does whatever you want tongue

0 0
Score : 1726

Everything above except log and starfish for me.

0 0
Score : 1942

freefaller/yeaner can't think of any other way to sleep ohmy

0 0
Score : 3866

Soldier/foetus position. But mostly soldier.

0 0
hetslimsteteamindewereldvando|2010-06-19 22:21:00
freefaller/yeaner can't think of any other way to sleep ohmy

yay, welcome to the english forums, team ^^ nice to see you here also
(ps: I'm zarnal-ahkna)
0 0
Score : 11138

Edit: Soldier and Freefaller but with the hands under the pillow.

0 0
Score : 580

Fetal here. Wrapped around my long pillow haha. I'm a Pisces and oddly enough a Dragon so I get the double sensitivity.

0 0
Score : -199

All position.

I usually go thru all the position in one night.

I sleep on one position and wake up on another position.

My favorite is Frefall on a cold night and starfish on a warm night.

0 0
Score : 746

Can't fall asleep on my back. Using yearner and an occasionally freefaller smile

0 0
Respond to this thread