FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

Class Improvement - Masqueraider

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - February 20, 2019, 17:58:48
AnkaTracker

This topic is intended to gather your ideas and suggestions on improvements to the Masqueraider class.
Please, keep in mind that class balancing focuses on both PvP and PvM at once.

First Ankama intervention

The accompanying graphic allows us to view the results of this first survey for the Masqueraider class.

• Dommages - Damage
  • Survie (soin, protection, et tanking) - Survival (healing, protection, and tanking)
  • Amélioration - Improvements
  • Placement - Placement
  • Entrave - Debuffer
  • Vision actuelle - Current vision
  • Vision idéale - Ideal vision

In red, you can see the ideal vision you have for each class role. The blue profile presents the current vision and feeling in the game.

Masqueraiders seem to be unique in their category in the survey results – the class as it is today corresponds almost exactly to what players expect. There is no significant divergence between the ideal and current visions, based on the criteria measured here.

The diagram represents one of the elements taken into account upon reflection; your comments allow us to provide a more-concrete vision that is closer to the in-game reality.
We'd also like to remind you that in order to solve perception divergences, nerfing and upping aren't the only tools we have at our disposal.

You can see the class comparison on the main topic.
See message in context
Reactions 11
Score : 561

Nice class lovely theme.
but i feel bad with one think - shield+dmg sharing summon synergy.. Also when i hit summon it doesnt break masq's ivory.. IT makes him immortal, also it let mask to sacrifice some res form set to pull up dmg and stil survie a lot. Hm.. Mayby u should add same shield delete mechanick like ougi have? But push is to easy here.. Mayby "summon give dmg sharing but when he get dmg by all 4 elements in 1 Tour he destroying his and mask shields".. Or
"sumons eating 2% of his and caster shield for each hit"
IT is hard to balans it without destroying "crown" of masq abilites - shielding system. But Mayby its worth to think about IT a bit.

1 -5
Score : 72

Saying this as a masq main.

Masq is at the moment at a stong point, altho i don't think its the dmg spells or the schields that is "OP" its the buffs the masq spells give to the other players ( Only in PvP tho ) 

2 0
Score : 548

I feel that Masqs are fairly balanced in PvP as long as your team has Erosion. As a Pushback Ecaflip main I've never had issues with them, as I have Erosion and can ignore the damage sharing. I do think that the Summon is extremely difficult to kill, though. Perhaps prevent it from receiving shields, to give enemies a chance to focus it?

1 -2
Score : 66

Damaged dealed by hitting the summon, that shares damage MUST break ivory dofus effects. It seems to be just a bug.

3 -1

The accompanying graphic allows us to view the results of this first survey for the Masqueraider class.

• Dommages - Damage
  • Survie (soin, protection, et tanking) - Survival (healing, protection, and tanking)
  • Amélioration - Improvements
  • Placement - Placement
  • Entrave - Debuffer
  • Vision actuelle - Current vision
  • Vision idéale - Ideal vision

In red, you can see the ideal vision you have for each class role. The blue profile presents the current vision and feeling in the game.

Masqueraiders seem to be unique in their category in the survey results – the class as it is today corresponds almost exactly to what players expect. There is no significant divergence between the ideal and current visions, based on the criteria measured here.

The diagram represents one of the elements taken into account upon reflection; your comments allow us to provide a more-concrete vision that is closer to the in-game reality.
We'd also like to remind you that in order to solve perception divergences, nerfing and upping aren't the only tools we have at our disposal.

You can see the class comparison on the main topic.
Score : 88

since everyone in the game gets a shield now, it feels like masqs identity is a bit blurred, not sure what the solution to this would be tho, also, it would be nice if ankama replied to these threads once or twice just to know we arent being ignored and put under the tabble of the french community.

2 0

Regarding Masqueraiders, while most modes are seen as fun and effective, the fire mode is described as weaker and less fun to play for both PvE and PvP. The air mode also received this criticism to a lesser extent. Finally, the water mode alone is not viable in PvP.

In the forums:
Many of you asked for more fluidity in using masks, especially at the first levels. In addition, you also think that the Iop water branch has a system that would suit Masqueraider gameplay well.

Score : 1701

Please change the look of the Masks' summon. I looks like a giant clown head.

0 0
Score : 180

0 0
Score : 17

In my opnion the masqueraider update should be arround his masks.
What I mean by this is make it so his elemental and support spells would change depending on his masks.

Example:
Plastron > Classic Mask ( Same (Shield in a 2 cell circle) / Psicopath (Shield twice the power, circle 1 cell, the zobal takes 50% more dmg from all sources) / Coward (Same power of Tortuga, resets his colddown to 1 turn) removing tortuga and trance from the game

Reinforcement > Classic Mask ( Range 1 - 3, Dashes towards the target + dmg ) / Psicopath (Range 1 - 1, Pushes the target 2 cells + dmg) / Coward ( Range 1 - 1, Dashes away from the target + dmg ) 

Make it so psicopath deals dmg while making him squisher , classic focus on entrave / team synergy and coward have all the means of running away from the target by pushing him away or pushing himself away, without having any ap removal, dmg removal, like he has now, the ap removal should be on the classic mask, mp removal on coward.

So he can be used at his full potential instead of what his mechanics are right now.

0 0
Score : 2

First of all in my opinion the masq right now does make fun to play. It is the reason why I change from playing xelor main to this class. 

It is well belanced between his offense and defense. While it does sound nice, in reality it doesn't. Due to the fact that the class is balanced, it is not outstanding in any area. It can deal decent damage, but there are lots of other classes, which are more superior. It can cast helpful shields to sustain himself but more useful to support other, but nowadays a lot of other classes can cast decent shield as well, and  additionally some of them has access to heal themself more efficient than the masq. A major flaw is the fact, that you have to run an earth build in some way, because the other elements are either not efficient enough on their own or  just simply unplayable. 

Sure right now, you can have fun with the class , cause I surely do. Playing PvE is sometimes very challanging for me if I encounter mob with high res or immunity towards earth. PvP only viable playing in Team as support either for defense or offense while trying to keep up shield for teammates.  Personally for 1on1 I'm struggling hard on that, maybe due to my mediocre playstyle. 

0 0
Respond to this thread