FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Inter-Community Transfer

By shadow1536 - SUBSCRIBER - January 18, 2015, 17:55:03
Inter-Community Transfer

Hello,

I have sent a ticket to Ankama support 8 days ago (longer than usual) about moving to the French Community and it still hasn't been replied.
What shall I do?

My maternal language is French and I have a friend on the server Sumens. I really would like to move to that server and carry on my Dofus journey with him.

I have moved to the UK since 2010 from France with personal reasons.

This is the third time I am trying to request them to let me transfer my character to the French Community and, it has already been refused twice. Another individual in Shika sent a ticket to Ankama with the same reason a few days after I did and they accepted his demand. I've spoken to him and we basically had the same reason.
How is this fair?

I have a strong reason to move to the French Community and I think I should have the right to do so.

What shall I do?
0 0
Reactions 15
Score : 27370

Once you have sent your request for a transfer you just have to wait for a reply.

These requests are viewed as the lowest priority by Support, so the response time may not be very fast as they only answer them when they don't have other tickets to take care of.

There is no law that says Ankama has to grant every request to change communities, no matter how compelling you think your argument may be.

0 0
Score : 2417

If you moved to the UK in 2010, what Server did you play on in 2009? A French one i assume? Then how did you end up on Shika?

Anyway, just be patient and even though your reason may seem valid, do not rely on your request to be granted.

0 0
Score : 193

I started Dofus almost 2 years ago. (one year and 6 months)
I didn't play in 2009.

But how is it fair that the other individual's demand got accepted?
We had the same reason.

0 0

It does not matter if it is "fair" or not. Dofus is a privately owned game, as such it is up to the discretion of the company whether or not they want to grant such requests.

0 0

Not sure, maybe there was more too it in his ticket.

0 0

If you phrased it as a demand then I wouldn't expect a favorable response either. You would be better off making a request, not a demand.

0 0

Well I wrote one letter in French and the other two in English.

I did make a request and not a demand (my bad) but they still refused the first two times.

Straight-Edge, did you get a chance to transfer to the English Community?

0 0

I do not play on Rushu or any other English server( not in a competitive way, i simply log in from time to time though), but similar to you, I happen to have moved to London quite some time ago and therefore I am able to send a ticket requesting to play on English servers. However I do not intend to do such thing since Dark Vlad is my home server

0 0
Score : 1047
shadow1536|2015-01-18 17:55:03
Another individual in Shika sent a ticket to Ankama with the same reason a few days after I did and they accepted his demand. I've spoken to him and we basically had the same reason.
How is this fair?
As mentioned before, it doesn't have to be fair. There are no strict rules that specify when a community transfer should be granted, it is totally up to the goodwill of the person that processes your request. Considering this, you should try to be as nice and polite as you can when writing your request.

Regarding the other person, maybe he/she had only one character on the account. This could make a difference, too, because for granting access to a French server the whole account needs to be converted. You seem to have several characters on your account, and it could cause problems if some of them would stay in English servers while your account is converted. It's only a guess, but possibly it could help to express that you're willing to transfer (or even delete) all the other characters on your account if that's necessary to have your request approved.
0 0

Okay, thank you for answering.

I hope I will get a chance to transfer to the French Community

Wish me luck!

0 0

I think luck isn't really a factor in this. They likely have a list of reasons they accept for changing communities, if you meet the criteria then you are approved, if you aren't then you are denied.

If it was luck based then you would see a lot more people getting transfers and a much more varied list of reasons being accepted as opposed to things like: "I've moved to France", "I live in France but I started on an English server" or "I am a native French speaker and want to play with fellow Francophones" being the most common reasons.

0 0
Score : 3514

Seems luck based to me.

I opened my account when I lived in the French side of Switzerland and started on Maimane. Moved to Australia and now I can move toons across from French servers to English or vice versa but conditions differ per account. The sad thing is I sent in tickets on 6 accounts at once (I used to play a lot of accounts) and I have 4 different types of accounts now.

Nobody really knows how their inter-community thing works as they do it so haphazardly it's impossible to know if you fit the criteria or not.

0 0
Score : 1047

Probably your account was created before different communities even existed, so it may not be bound to any community. If this is the case, you do not need a community transfer for accessing different servers of different communities. But most people have created their accounts much later, so they belong to a specific community, which is only allowing them to move between servers belonging to that community (and nowadays there is no way to create an account belonging to no community). That does most likely apply to your other accouts as well.

So if you aren't lucky enough to own a no-community account, you will need to ask Support to convert your account if you want to transfer to a server of a different community. But since there isn't an official list of acceptable reasons available, we can only guess what exactly makes them approve or reject a request. This may seem luck based to some extent, but unless you take even the slightest detail into account, you cannot be sure whether it really is.

However, it usually doesn't harm to wish someone luck, so in any case... good luck on your pending requests, everybody!

0 0

Right, it has been a month now and no answer from Ankama. sad

I'm getting quite frustrated now...

0 0

This is a low priority request, Ankama generally answers them only when all other tickets are answered.

As such, it may be a bit of a wait.

0 0
Respond to this thread