FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Shika is empty!! Izmar respond :)

By Jdunford - SUBSCRIBER - October 18, 2015, 22:26:47

Sup peeps

I have been an on and off member since 09 in Shika when it was flourishing with tons of people where there were trades constantly happening, the markets were full and competitive , guilds were respected with fierce rivals and most of all there was people to actually play the game with!

I resubbed yday after about a year without playing as I thought why not Dofus is one of those games you can just come back to and chill on tongue but within 2 days of playing I can conclude Shika is empty . The main zaaps where it used to be flooded with people chatting away and enjoying the game are now ghost towns.

I've asked the few people on Shika about it and they have all said its been pretty empty and quiet for quite some time, it seems alot of people are migrating to other servers and Shika is suffering bad.

I think there NEEDS to be a merge or there needs to be an incentive for people to join/re-join Shika otherwise everyone will just leave the server as the population is so low and it will snowball untill its empty? :/

A response from the admin staff would be nice .

Thanks smile

Maverick

0 0
First Ankama intervention
I've recently discussed similar issues with Zatoishwan on this thread. The information available there hasn't changed much, with the exception of the announcement of the Inter-Server Kolossium arriving.
See message in context
Reactions 24
Score : 27370

Ankama does not do serve merges. They don't have the capability for doing it, all they can do is dump people on another server (which has only been done in extraordinary circumstances), forcing them to lose their names, houses, banks and so on.

When people join the game with new accounts, the game automatically selects the lower population servers for them to go to.

0 0
Score : 402

In all honesty they do need to do something about the emptiness of the server. Maybe make it international instead of just a UK server?
Im on shika right now and theres nothing to do, no XP groups nothing sells in the markets, this is why people are quitting that server.

Some kind of action needs to be taken here

0 0
Score : 27370

Shika is no longer a member of the "UK" community, it lost that designation years ago when they were taken off their own private forums and moved onto this one with the other English community servers.

0 0
I've recently discussed similar issues with Zatoishwan on this thread. The information available there hasn't changed much, with the exception of the announcement of the Inter-Server Kolossium arriving.
Score : 501

Most of Shika went to Rushu when the #trannymovement occurred a lot of the higher ups of shika came to rushu and everyone followed basically smile Click here show in this link a bunch of people have left to rushu! If you came to rushu i am sure you would find a bunch of people you knew or know smile!

0 0
Score : 119

The inter-kolo server thing is very cool but it wont solve the problem of the extremely low population in Shika.

Is it technically possible to combine say Zato and Shika together? Call it Shatoihwan or Zhika xD

Its so hard to play the game on Shika when no one buys your stuff in the markets and theres no one to xp with. I may be forced to transfer to Rushu and another Shikan lost defeating my purpose of this thread.

King Regards

Mav

0 0
Score : 361

I think I spoke to you ingame Maverick about this.
(Either that or it was someone else who has the same opinion like many in Shika do).
But I really agree with the idea of a merge.

People who think that kolo ratings and houses, paddocks etc would get screwed up, I have a simple solution:
Kolo ratings are wiped on the servers that are merged as the good Kolo players on each server will regain their rating anyway.
Houses and paddocks could be instanced, as in if two people on the different servers own the same paddock then they become instanced on the merge.
The players could also be refunded the value of the house/paddock and they lose the house and you'd be given the value of the items in the storage facilities in the house.

Also; there'd be a warning before the merge so players could remove items which have more value due to maged stats or something similar.
Thanks, and please merge Shika and Zato.

Or offer character, guild and alliance transfers onto a more populated server FREE OF CHARGE to anybody on these servers with little to no population.
(Maybe the guild and alliance transfers wouldn't be possible but it's worth a try biggrin)

0 0
Score : 119

yeah i remeber mate! You got some good points there but its highly unlikely they will do anything like that .

I'm going to stick with Shika and just enjoy the high stars i guess and hope the server will repopulate some day! smile

0 0
Score : 55

is there a rough population number of Shika please

0 0
Score : 3997

There's an unofficial one on Imps Village. According to that Shika had about 3500 active players back in September.

0 0
Score : 361
darkeneddraco|2015-11-03 01:22:57
is there a rough population number of Shika please
There isn't any official numbers on how many people are on Shika but if you jump on the server you'll see that the majority of the popular spots to chill or xp just aren't populated at all.

enduroppal|2015-11-03 07:28:00
There's an unofficial one on Imps Village. According to that Shika had about 3500 active players back in September.

Unfortunately, there is nowhere near that number of people who actively play from what I've seen. There is rarely anybody on in most guilds on Shika.
There may be 3500 active accounts but that really depends on how long the term 'active' stretches. A lot of people haven't been online in a few months on my friends list.
0 0
Score : 255

Things are getting worse every week for Shika and smaller servers alike. Dozens of people are leaving every Tuesday, including my 4-man team. Yes, after roughly 6/7 years of Shika even I am forced to leave. If I cannot make money to sustain my accounts' membership, then I'll have to migrate elsewhere.

Shika is dead. Full stop. Even -2,0 is deserted. The few people that I've met in these past 4 days from when I've returned, all say that they're (planning on) leaving. Everyone is migrating away. Shika is hitting rock bottom now and people who defend Shika's current horrendous status are part of the problem. Things aren't fine. They never will be for Shika now.

Rest in peace my beloved server. On Tuesday I will salute you and what's left of my few friends that still play on this server. My condolences.

The Golden team.

0 0
Score : 1154

If you manage to get into every alliance and you can check online counts, theres an average of 15 different people online at every moment on the whole server(different people so 15 alts don't count).
(this number is between 5 and 25 so i picked 15 as an avg)

At peak moments the online count can go from 15-100 different people altho, it mostly stays on the low side, when we reach 100 its with old players logging back in and people that transferred checking shika again.

The poorest thing is the village merchants, it's either people trying to sell there stuff before they quit/transfer or people from other servers selling spell point scrolls and making a big buck out of the fact that shikans can get 1 kollo/week.

(the above numbers are things I have experienced in the past month)

0 0
Score : 42

Well if I had more money in game i would go straight to Rushu. But the problem is that transfering is god damn expensive and there are no chances to get money in shika anymore where nobody are playing, nobody buying items. Shika is DEAD and something must be done. Maybe transfer all the players to other server. I dont think thats really hard to do for you

0 0
Score : 3512
enduroppal|2015-11-03 07:28:00

Hey, I made that thread and would like to update that today Shika is at 2425 characters (21-200) that are subscribed and logged in the past 3 months. That's a 21% decrease in overall characters in less than 3 months.

For the user above me, you can always pay for transfers using real money if things dont sell on your server and you are broke in-game. It's 20 quid though.

Here's Shika active (past 3 months) character list from ANKAMA themselves incase anyone stumbles upon this thread later and is curious where I got my numbers -

Click here
0 0
Score : 42

OMG. Is it hard to give shikians free transfering for 1 char? ( if they want to transfer more than one : 9000 ogrines ) . Or just let people play any server they want !
Am I supposed to play in dead shika for whole year till something will be done? C'mon... Its christmas time and we deserver a present! ohmy

0 0
Score : 5496
Jdunford|2015-10-18 22:26:47
I think there NEEDS to be a merge or there needs to be an incentive for people to join/re-join Shika otherwise everyone will just leave the server as the population is so low and it will snowball untill its empty? :/

That won't happen, I've played Shika since day 1 of it's opening and I left for Rushu yesterday. The result? For the first time in years, I've enjoyed playing my Iop without the need for logging my 4 man team.
0 0
Score : 11367

The funny part is, I just transferred to Shika, and I'm finding it easier to find teams than on Rushu. On Rushu, I spent literally months trying to get a group together for Snowfoux's Lair, and the most I could ever manage was people inviting me to their team to fight "cats n rats" in Frigost Village, and my guild and alliance channels were almost always completely dead (and they weren't very active when they weren't). On Shika, I'm already in a big guild and the majority alliance (and their respective channels are much more active), and so teaming is much easier.

Plus I'm leveling much more quickly due to all the 10-star mobs around. I was lucky to get more than 200-300k on Rushu, but here I'm easily finding groups worth 1 million or more xp.

Admittedly, it is harder to find gear on Shika, but that's the only problem I've had.

0 0
Score : 6322

^I'm in that alliance as well. I logged on just now and saw 2 or 3 groups form to fight stuff in Frigost. Fact is, being in a good guild does wonders.

I transferred to Shika a good while ago (around the end of the first exodus to Rushu) and the community in this alliance has always been great. The economy might be terrible, but I've had no shortage of people to play with since coming here.

0 0
Respond to this thread