FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Shika Server Population Question

By Benja-might - SUBSCRIBER - January 18, 2016, 14:41:22

I’m not one to say ‘Dofus is dying’, because I honestly don’t think it is; however, I am curious if anyone knows if the Shika server population is down? I just came back after being gone for close to a year, and over the last week or 2, I’ve noticed VERY few people running around. I went to ‘The Village’ zaap, and found only a few merchants on all the maps that used to be maxed. I went to the Soul Market last night, and found only 3 Arch souls in there… no lie – 3! lol

I know a lot of people have been transferring to other servers, especially with the promo’s that have been going on – so I was just curious if anyone had any inside info on Shika? And if there is another English speaking server that is growing due to transfers?

Thanks so much,

Benjamight

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 1731

because shika IS actually dying lol. the only "helthy" servers in my book are rushu rosal solar hanging in there by a thread lol

0 0
Score : 11382

If you're in Cygni alliance, then the server seems a lot more active than it does if you're trying to go it alone.

I've had a lot more luck teaming on Shika through my Guild and Alliance than I had on Rushu with my Guild and Alliance there. (And forget trying to organize anything on the /r channel; that always ended in abject failure)

So, yeah, Rushu is great if you want to have loads of people running around completely ignoring you for years. (... I might be just a wee bit bitter) wink 

0 0
Score : 3485

I haven't experienced Shika yet but I've made a character there and am looking forward to seeing what it's like and hopefully make some new friends in the process. biggrin I've always been curious about Shika but it used to be UK only I think, so I haven't dared to go there before.

Previous experience on other servers leads me to believe that the rumours about server deaths tend to be exaggerated, but I can't say much about it until I've been there of course. Three arch souls does sound very little.

Perhaps I'll see you there! happy 

0 0
Score : 638

i recently also came back from a break

Alot of players have left to rushu..

But dont worry theres still tons of lovable people left smile

Try and join a guild in Cygni.. its where most of the people are.

0 0
Score : 1547

I once spoke to you BenjaMight, it was a very long time ago, good old Shika days.

I returned a few months ago and transferred all my chars immediately to Rushu, best thing I've ever done. Shika became a dead and depressing server in my opinion but other people might like the solitude. I don't know, seeing zero people at the zaap and trade chat unused except for one bot spamming all the time is pretty depressing to say the least.

0 0
Score : 13139

Hi Mendez,

You're right... as much as I enjoy the solitude - it kind of sucks when I place a bunch of stuff in the markets, and sell almost nothing! If it wasn't so expensive to switch all my characters to the other server, I'd do it in a heartbeat... but by the time I add up all my alts, it's going to cost me a small fortune...lol.

Thanks for the input,
Benjamight

0 0
Score : 1547

Hey,

Just to tell you that it cost me no less than 25mk (around 6m for each char) to transfer all 4 of my accounts. Was it worth it? For me, yes because I enjoyed playing on Rushu, even though I quit for a while because of my exams. Point being, you have to evaluate whether you're going to be playing long enough for it to be worth spending a small fortune to transfer your characters for a better game experience overall.

0 0
Score : 124

I just came back from ages off, I logged in to find....no-one I think I've only seen about 5 players so far who are not bots. The day this game died, or began dying was when they introduced server transfer.

What they should do to revitalize the game, is to create a new server, where no transfers are possible, so everyone can start from scratch...I miss those days, starting on a fresh server was the most fun thing, the gobball dungeon being full of people, being a god with a full set of scara ahh the nostalgia.

0 0
Score : 290
The-Overpowered|2016-01-28 14:43:49
I just came back from ages off, I logged in to find....no-one I think I've only seen about 5 players so far who are not bots. The day this game died, or began dying was when they introduced server transfer.

What they should do to revitalize the game, is to create a new server, where no transfers are possible, so everyone can start from scratch...I miss those days, starting on a fresh server was the most fun thing, the gobball dungeon being full of people, being a god with a full set of scara ahh the nostalgia.

The good old days you described are the reasons why I will be playing Dofus Touch. Its going to be a brand new server, with brand new players to the Dofus and Ankama world.

Also Shika is fairly dead, even in Cygni I see maybe 10-30 players on at anyone time. But some players wont leave (myself included), for the simple fact Shika has been our home since the day it opened its doors. I dont feel server transfer killed the game, i feel it was needed to keep players from qutting. The option is always there, you don't have to use it.
0 0
Respond to this thread