FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Shika - how hard do I have to poke you to get a response?

By xzaosllama3 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - March 13, 2016, 05:07:07

I've not played Dofus at all for... probably almost 2 years now. I wasn't really active when the proffession changes came in, and I've not even had it installed for at least the last 6 months or so. (8 months ago I did the new incarnam dungeon, there's no other recorded activity on my character page)

I don't know why, but... I just kinda missed the game today, so I reinstalled it (Was so much faster to install than I ever remember it being) and logged on... None of my characters are in guilds any more. No friends online, the system couldn't even tell me when they'd last been online.

I know people have been going on about Shika being dead for years (and honestly, that's why I stopped playing), but how dead really is it? Are there any guilds that I could join if I came back which have at least a dozen or so players on at peak times? Or is it even worth coming back if I'm not going to transfer server? (I've got 6 characters on Shika, all 170+ so I don't really feel like starting anew)

What are your thoughts people? (And what happened to Ancient Spirits, out of interest?)

0 0
Reactions 16
Score : 153

Hey, I've not been playing for probably 4-6 months now. But im sure there hasnt much changed since ive stopped actively playing.
AS - well, dont think anyones active in there now at all.
Most of people have moved to Rushu, whoever is left will be in Alpha Centauri and Cygnus alliance. You might want to speak to Chay, or whoever else is in there now. They should be quite active in game, past that not sure if anyone else are.

Hope you have fun, if i finally decide to come back I'll be sure to drop you PM.

Kind regards
Sinh.

0 0
Score : 3485

My Shika character is still new and mostly hangs out in Incarnam, so I don't really know how it is in the rest of the world, but I see other people when I play. Haven't found any friends yet but I trust I will.

Hope you find the kind of people you're looking for! happy 

0 0
Score : 7480

Thing is, I'm not gonna resub until I find some people, so it makes finding people that much harder heh.

0 0
Score : 2380

Hey there mate,

So I saw a spreadsheet somewhere on the forums recently that said Shika had roughly around 1000-2000 characters between level 20-200 in the previous 3 months.

Obviously this means individual characters, so take into account profession alts, teams, players such as yourself who poke their head on every now and then... Also the trend was that numbers continue to fall on Shika but rise on Rushu.

0 0

Mhm, I'm not really worried about how many people there are who play, more of how populated it is, if that makes sense.

If there was 500 people who are always active in guilds, using recruitment channel etc. I'd prefer it to a silent 5000 man server.

0 0
Score : 2380

In that respect yeah, it's very dead, and end-game content is unachievable, the few who can do it will charge anyone else to be run through the dungeons.

0 0
Score : 11367

Oddly, though, I've had much more luck getting into dungeon groups on Shika than I ever did on Rushu. I've mentioned before how it took me literally months to finish the Vaccine Monologues on Rushu because nobody would help me (at best, the only response would be from level 50 characters who wanted me to help them fight "cats n rats", not from anyone who actually wanted to do what I was asking for help with), and how my Frigost dungeon progress stalled for more than two years (since early 2013) for the same reason (but now I've gotten several more done in a couple of months, thanks to people actually being helpful).

And I'm not really an outgoing player. (I prefer to solo when I can, but I've reached the point where I can't) I'm just in an active, talkative guild and alliance, as opposed to the dead guild and alliance I was on on Rushu. (And it was dead because everyone else had moved to Shika)

So I've found that Rushu has the most population, but that doesn't always translate to having the most activity. Having an active guild is far more important than just being in the middle of a larger crowd.

0 0
Score : 3247

Just few words about Rushu, I think one must literally be able to adapt to this server, it's just its community is a bit different from other servers. You need to now how to "ask for help" here, you need more investment in what you do for people to consider siding with you (so that people don't think helping you is a waste of time). I'm myself a solo player and I got myself friends, I have reached such heights in game I'd never do on other smaller servers.

0 0
Score : 11367

I was on Rushu from the time the game opened until late last year. How much more time would I have needed to adapt? biggrin

How do you "ask for help" other than asking for help?

0 0
Score : 3247

That's a question I often hear, so I'll quote my own answer from Imps forums tongue

"Here on Rushu you should know how to ask for help. Its population is high which means too many people might need any kind of help. And majority of players, even those with relatively good personality, can't help every single random person as if they were a charity.
You should give them a good reason to help you. One of traditional reasons is ofc paying kamas, but you can use ppl's pcychology to convince them. For example, if you buy moowolf stuff and also add it's the last resource for you to craft full equipments, ppl are more likely to check banks for you, than if you only mention single moowolf stuff. If you're recruiting ppl for standing on tiles, always give them full info about the quest/place, show them that you know what to do and won't waste their time too much.
Whenever you ask for help, 1st of all always try to understand ppl who you ask."

But well, if you did play on Rushu more than average player possibly can, it just means either you did something wrong or you are one of those players who enjoy slow game pace and casual contents xD
Thought I damit I just speak everything according to my own solo experience, so far I like Rushu more than smaller servers.

0 0
Score : 1547

Heya,

I think it's been around 6 months since I've transferred my 4 chars from Shika to Rushu for a total of around 45m. Best money I ever spent.

The feeling I got when logging in after I had quit, only to see that none of my friends are on and there wasn't a single person in sight made my skin crawl.

Making money in Shika also isn't an option since nothing sells and most of the end-game gear is either still not crafted in the server or its being sold for a ridiculously high price. Merchants are almost non-existent too by the way, even in merchant maps.

Rushu is well populated, markets are intact and booming with items. I'd suggest you transfer there if you want to re-live the Dofus experience once again.

0 0

Okay, so it turns out I actually have 1500 Ogrines on my account; anyone want to let me know when they'll be on with a guild I can join? I'd rather find a guild straight off rather than sub and then spend a week unable to find one :/

(I'm sitting at [-2,0] atm... There's no one here, nothing in any of the chat channels... It's kind of sad.)

0 0
Score : 3485

I haven't been invited to any guild yet either, but I'll try to look for you and send you a message if I see you online. happy 

0 0

Most likely not going to be on until I do find a guild haha.

0 0
Score : 105

The server is pretty dead, the Cygnus alliance is your best chance. There are usually at least a handful of players on at any one time. You'll just have to try catch someone in game and ask for an invite.

0 0
Score : 234

Firstly, the server is NOT dead... despite many people insisting it is. I log in everyday and there are always people on. The reason why you might not see people, is because Shikans tend to just get on with stuff. A few people might like to Zap sit, but mostly people are busy playing the game.

However, you may be happier on a server like Rushu if what's important to you is population. Shika is a smaller community, which is desirable to some people. But you need to be self-motivated and be able to just get on with things as opposed to always asking for help. People do help others alot here, but I suspect not always new people they don't know.

With regards to making Kamas, it's much more difficult for some and can be slow. I seem to be ok, and am able to make enough to sub 7 accounts with ogrines. But you can't rely on the markets to get "fast" kamas. Rushu definitely has a much more buoyant market.

In all honesty, you don't sound like you'd enjoy Shika... If I were you, I would create an alt on Rushu and check it out.

Goodluck with the game, hope you find the server that fits your game play.

0 0
Respond to this thread