By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

Who's Who? - A Guide to Devs, CCMs, and Zenith members

By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - April 17, 2012, 18:41:19
DevTracker

In order to help everyone stay informed about who might be doing the talking about specific DOFUS issues, here's a brief guide to some of the devs that might be rendering opinions on the suggestions and comments of our community. This post is updated regularly, so check back now and then for changes in the team.

[size=24]-= Development Team =-[/size]

Lichen
: Head Designer of DOFUS and lead of the DOFUS Game Design team, does lichen really need any introduction? wink Well, we'll give him one anyway. Lichen is the big cheese, he's responsible for the overall balancing of the game. He's a very thoughtful person and appreciates logical arguments.

[Korri-garou]: Dofus Game Designer. Wrote a devblog about Vulkania. Mysterious!

[Simsoft]: Head of the DOFUS Client Development Team and lead of the entire DOFUS project. Simsoft works on the DOFUS client and all its many functions. The DOFUS client is where things like maps, item sprites, monster sprites and animations, and other player interface assets are kept. The client is used to interact with the DOFUS servers, which are managed by the server development team.

[Sili]: Dofus Interface expert. Sili is responsible for the buttons and menus and other UI elements that give us control and management over the world of DOFUS. If not for Sili, we would have things like the Kolossium, but no way to get to them! So they'd just sit there on the server, unused and unloved. Sili also works on things like the toolbars and market interfaces. You can tweet client bugs to her in English at her Twitter handle: @Sili_

[BillFR]: Head of the server development team for DOFUS. While the client is mostly the visual elements that present DOFUS to the player, the server is where what most would consider the "meat" of the game lives. The servers contain databases that track player inventories, they calculate damage and track breeding, all those crunchy parts of the game. Bill has been with Ankama for a long time, and he's got a very informative twitter feed where he often reports server issues as they're happening.

[Lorko]: Head of the Dofus Art team. This team interacts with the client team by making all of the art assets for DOFUS. They create the sprites for character, monsters, pets, mounts, petsmounts, etc; item icons for weapons, resources, potions, and any other type of in-game item; background elements for maps; animations for characters and monsters; and UI elements like buttons and windows for Sili to work her magic on. They are the team most likely to be accused of wasting time while doing what they are paid to do... create artistic assets for the game... instead of balancing classes, creating new game systems, or fixing bugs. That's their punishment for taking a liberal arts degree instead of majoring in programming.

[Briss]: Developer in charge of DOFUS Bug reporting. [Briss] is a relatively recent addition to the development team, and he holds a new position within the team as well. He is currently in charge of maintaining the Known Bug List on the French forum, which Muniamx has kindly translated for us. If you encounter a bug within DOFUS that is not present on either of these lists, you may send [Briss] an Ankabox message with your bug report in English. Briss also works within the Game Design team, so feel free to send him your opinions on class balancing.

[Ourson]: Developer of the Dofus Updater and Installer. If you have any problems with installing or updating the game, you can send him a message. He speaks English quite well.

[size=24]-= Community Team / Others =- [/size]

[XyaLe]: Xy is the French version of Izmar, or Izmar is the English version of Xy, it all depends on your point of view. Formerly Sylf's assistant, she will be taking over in his stead by the end of the year as French Community Manager.

[Izmar]: Your English Content and Community Manager! I've outlined the bulk of my job in my forum profile, which also has a link to my twitter account, should you feel you need more of me for some reason. ^^

[Nerodos]: Assistant English Community Manager, and forum magistrate. Nero has been helping out the English community by helping with translation, events, and responding to/moderating forum threads. He is also a quota hiree, as he is a worshiper of The Wind Walker, the Sea Horror, The Eater of Dreams, and other Great Old Ones. An invaluable member of the team, but I recommend refusing any tracts he might try to give you.

[Redfish]: Head of Ankama Support/CM team. Together with the Ankama legal team and the general managers, he is responsible for setting Ankama's support policies and practices.

[Satochan]: Former (infamous) English support agent.

The Background Team: This team is responsible for the overall storyline of the entire Ankama universe. They oversee projects like the introduction of the Foggernauts in Dofus, Wakfu, and through a new Ankama Comic series. They are also in charge of continuity throughout the Krozmos.

The Web Team: The web team is a multi-facted team tasked with a wide range of jobs. They control the webpages seen on all Ankama sites, but they also manage some in-game tools like the Ogrines market and the Ankabox. When the character pages aren't working, it's the Web team that must fix them. They are also responsible for the functionality of many of the internal tools that Ankama employees (including your CCMs) use to complete parts of their job.

The Marketing Team: The marketing team makes the final call on many of the major game decisions in areas such as future marketing features, special offers, certain events (both in-game and on our sites), and other decisions that are not related to game balance or technical systems.

The Testing Team: Also known as Quality Assurance, the Testing Team is Ankama's internal bug-finding and fixing crew. As of 2013, there are discrete testing teams for DOFUS and WAKFU.

[size=24]-= Zenith Translation Team =-[/size]

Makutu: Also called Chay in-game, Makutu has been playing a Cra since 2007, but is experienced at Sacrier, Enutrof, and Rogue as well! She enjoys running a guild, breeding, doing quests, and spectating as many PvP battles as possible. While a confessed lurker on the forums, Makutu/Chay isn't ashamed to contribute to important discussions.

Muniamx: Or Alardun in-game, started playing in 2009, mainly as a Feca. He enjoys PvP, but nonetheless is generally knowledgeable about most in-game mechanics. He was also a very prolific fan-translator before being tapped as a Zenith Translator.

[size=24]-= Zenith Members =-[/size]

Relious: A.K.A. Whaddafeck (Or Captain Whadda), loves to role-play as a Pirate on his Enutrof, though he also knows how to play Eniripsa and Cra. He enjoys "pillaging" Perceptors, as well as Kolossium and dungeon runs. He's a Lumberjack, and he's okay! Cap'n Whadda also likes to help other players, old and new, and has a particular passion for a fun community and fun game. He does his best to reach out to loud dissenters and offer them an ear and encourage their thoughtful suggestions.

SilentRevenge: Known as Chaos-Reign in-game and [email protected] on ImpsVillage, he's been around since 2005, usually as a Cra, but he has a stable of 100-ish alts to draw experience from as well. He considers himself a very laid-back player, open to do pretty much anything be it zaap-sitting or helping friends get materials.

Tropical-Ace: Or, Llama-King, has been playing on Rushu since 2007. While his main is a Panda, he's a Feca at heart! He enjoys zaap sitting or showing Kolosso's Cavern who's boss.

surgray: A.K.A. graydoo, has played since 2005. He's experienced with Feca, Panda, Sadida, Enutrof, Sacrier, Rogue, and Iop. He usually plays with Frunuplux/Ala, and lives by the old adage, "A Dungeon a Day Keeps the Boredom Away." He enjoys Kolossium as well on both his Rogue and his Feca, but he misses the golden age of Prism Conquest.

Electricotter: He's one of the Zenith members who are more active on the Official Forums than ImpsVillage. He's played since 2006, and although he considers his Osamodas "NurseOttawa" to be his main, he's been spending more time lately on his Masqueraider. He loves a good challenge in PvM, and loves to discuss game design and class balance.

ColiWobbles: Also known as Spirit, his main character is a Sacrier. He's been playing since 2008, and can usually be found hunting, koloing, dungeon grinding, maging, and helping his guild. He has a keen interest in the occasional breeding; to no success...

-= Retired Devs/Community Team=-

Seyroth: Dofus Game Designer, he worked with lichen on class balancing, but his main responsibility was items, particularly equipment (he created nearly all of the Sakai equipment, for example). His other responsibilities included monster creation, internal scheduling, and monitoring the quality of game play.

Sylfaen: Former CM of the French Community. Creator of the Goultarminator. Well known for the geeky t-shirts he wears on Inside Ankama. He has a twitter account you can follow, if you so desire.

Troyle: Former Community Manager of the Wakfu English community and regular host on Inside Ankama On Air, he was the Lead Community Manager at Ankama. Hi boss! wink

-= Retired Members =-

Bujax: Playing since 2007 on Rosal, Bujax plays a Feca and an Eni, his wife plays a Sac and is a compulsive dragoturkey breeder. He considers himself a casual player, spending less than an hour per day in-game. He enjoys easy PvM fights and occasional dungeon runs with guildies. When he has more time to play during the summer or over holidays, he likes to run quests. He dabbled in some gentlemanly PvP (Headhunter and Kolossium), but has no great ambition for it.

Ilovebidou: Called Xu-Xu in-game and on ImpsVillage, she started playing Dofus with her boyfriend Nichon, when Rushu was fresh. She has played an eni, enu, sacrier, panda, eca, cra, osa, feca all into high levels. She likes every aspect of the game except 1vs1 PvP. Prism war remains her favorite Dofus activity of all time. She PvPs almost exclusively in pick-up mode in Kolossium and practices it on all chars. Never teams up with herself in Kolo because she finds teaming up with other people a lot more entertaining.

Sljm: Needing no other alias, Sljm is called that practically everywhere. A Xelor player since 2006, he's also experienced with Cra, Eniripsa, Iop, Sacrier, and Masqueraider, with observational knowledge of the rest of the classes. He loves random Kolossium, and running Dungeons, and is especially interested in class balance, and "the math" behind the game, including Damage and AP/MP loss calculation.

Nikto: Another who needs no alias, Nikto has several characters, but due to current real-life obligations, doesn't run dungeons as much as she used to. She is, probably, the only member of the Zenith who doesn't do any PvP. Her main interests are professions, breeding, in-game economics, and community dynamics. She also enjoys casual role-playing and would love to see more of it in-game.

Frunupulax: Known as Ala on the Dofus Wiki and ImpsVillage, Frunupulax is experienced with playing Cra, Eni, Feca, Masq, Sram, Panda, Eca, and sometimes Enu. She routinely plays alongside what's left of the 14 classes, however, and used to PvP a lot in the heyday of prisms, but nowadays prefers PvM. Also likes quests, bit of Kolossium, breeding and professions - a little bit of everything. She often contributed fan-translation skills previous to gaining a Translation Team position.
First Ankama intervention

I'm pleased to announce that we have three new Zenith members: Private-Prinny (from Rushu), vagabaka (from Rosal), and MsBellOberon (from Zato).

Please welcome them and treat them nicely as they are already piled down with assignments to help move the current landslide of Zenith projects forward (mwahahaha).

I am still vetting and reviewing applicants from the previous app period, and have recently sent out messages to some who I think have shown enough potential to be given a chance to see how the team works and make an informed decision on if they want to get involved. I have also sent out some rejection messages to people that I feel aren't ready at this time.

If you have not yet received either type of message, you are probably someone who sent in a good app, but who I don't know at all, and who doesn't have much of a record of posts on any of the official forums or fansites! Being in the Zenith requires an substantial amount of post-writing and a ton of work, so if you apped, but you're mostly a lurker, get out there and show us what you're made of!

The other possibility (if you haven't received a response yet) is that your application is in conflict with one of the goals of the Zenith, and I haven't yet had a moment to write you a more personal response. I apologize for the long wait.

If all goes well, we should see some other new Zenith members arriving in the days to come!

See message in context
Reactions 4

I've added some details about the Dofus Art team, as well as the Background, Web, Support and Marketing teams.

I'm pleased to announce that we have three new Zenith members: Private-Prinny (from Rushu), vagabaka (from Rosal), and MsBellOberon (from Zato).

Please welcome them and treat them nicely as they are already piled down with assignments to help move the current landslide of Zenith projects forward (mwahahaha).

I am still vetting and reviewing applicants from the previous app period, and have recently sent out messages to some who I think have shown enough potential to be given a chance to see how the team works and make an informed decision on if they want to get involved. I have also sent out some rejection messages to people that I feel aren't ready at this time.

If you have not yet received either type of message, you are probably someone who sent in a good app, but who I don't know at all, and who doesn't have much of a record of posts on any of the official forums or fansites! Being in the Zenith requires an substantial amount of post-writing and a ton of work, so if you apped, but you're mostly a lurker, get out there and show us what you're made of!

The other possibility (if you haven't received a response yet) is that your application is in conflict with one of the goals of the Zenith, and I haven't yet had a moment to write you a more personal response. I apologize for the long wait.

If all goes well, we should see some other new Zenith members arriving in the days to come!

Just a little notification that this thread is being updated regularly, and I've updated it today with additional information about contacting the client team about bugs via Twitter. Check out [Sili]'s entry up top. =)

Happy bug hunting!

I've re-written some information about the marketing team, as it has been restructured during the past year. Now, there is one marketing manager for all communities.