By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Enutrof Balancing

By Relious - MEMBER OF THE ZENITH - May 23, 2012, 17:49:13

The Enutrof class follows the theme of a treasure hunter. From the lore of Dofus, they are disciples of the covetous dragon deity Enutrof.

Thematically, this is displayed in their use of shovels as a primary weapon and manifested in their spells. They also have shovel, loot-sack, and treasure chest summons to further demonstrate this theme.

Mechanically, this is expressed in an innate prospecting bonus, chance soft caps that encourage investment (and consequently higher prospecting), and a treasure chest that adds an extra set of drops for the Enutrof. An Enutrof also has the spirit of the earth and mining running through them, which could be expressed through its strength soft caps actually being better than the chance ones. Their covetous nature for gold and treasure being legendary, when their fortunes are threatened, they cast greed; a spell to make them sharper (int boost) and stronger (str boost) in combat.

It’s also worth noting the Enutrof is a class of sneaky, cheap tricks. Spells like Bribery, Ghostly Shovel, Pull Out, Clumsy, and Acceleration conjure to mind the image of a crazy or prospector paying off, tripping up, and dropping crap in the way of their enemies as they bolt away with their loots.

They also serve a powerful role in combat by unbewitching enemy targets.

Lately though, the Enutrof experienced a buff/nerf cycle that has left many players of this class dissatisfied.

Of the controversial spells, here are a few listed:

Living chest: The glorious promised land of an Enutrof where they earn an extra set of drops from any fight. It was the hallmark of what made these greedy little skinflints so powerful in the treasure hunting business. It was changed to be a moveable creature that has an attack and aggressive AI, and later changed so that no two chests could be out at the same time. The way they generate extra prospecting also changed.

Ghostly Shovel: Once the spell to have for breaking the enchantments of enemies and friends alike, this spell has been changed to have a minimum range and remove 1 round of active effects. It does better damage and costs less AP than before.

Living Shovel: This one has had a few adjustments through its life as well, but the current incarnation of the spell summons an aggressive shovel that can knock an enemy target back 1 to 3 spaces and lower their MP loss resistance. Its AI has been a boon and bane for many Enutrofs.

Pandora’s Box: A spell that can give a small heal or a crit boost at random. While the idea of a mysterious treasure box may fit the theme of the class, it has been a source of frustration to some.

From a combat role standpoint, an Enutrof is an MP destroyer. Spells like Clumsiness, Pull Out, Shovel of Judgement, and Prime of Life all serve to steal/drop the MP of an enemy target. They also have a summon that weakens an enemy's defense to MP theft. Bribery also stops a target dead in its tracks.

They also serve to manage active enchantments on allies and enemies through ghostly shovel.

Lastly, they can function both as hit-and-run tactical strikers, or in-your-face fighters depending on the build.

How would you rank/define the Enutrof’s class roles?

What hinders or facilitates these roles (spells/mechanics/other)?

What catalyst is needed, if any, to balance out the classes main flaws?

Chance, Strength, and a few hybrid builds have been popular in the past. Which build is your favorite and why?

Lastly, I’ll add one question:

How would you recommend changing the Living Chest to allow the Enutrof to cast it regardless of any other chests on the board? Do you think it should or should not generate an extra drop roll? What changes to its prospecting ability do you think would be fair?

While I realize this could lead to a greater topic of how prospecting is handled in the game, let’s try to keep in mind this thread is here to discuss the Enutrof and any suggestions to balancing it.

I look forward to your feedback!

0 0
Reactions 141
Score : 5612

The first comment I'll make is one I've made a few times already: Pandora's Box has got to be buffed. It's been made clear in more than a few places that the Enutrof is the "Jack of all trades, master of none," so I don't expect Pandora's Box to buff critical hits the same as other +CH spells given to other classes, but I really, really, really want the spell to be changed. Even considering the "master of none" aspect put over the Enutrof, the +CH from Pandora's Box is quite low. It's also quite unpredictable and, for the majority of Enutrofs who play a Chance/Wisdom build, relatively useless 50% of the time. Even if Pandora's Box is not buffed, I think it would be a dramatic improvement if it gave both +CH and heals on every cast. I don't think it'd be overpowered since the buffs it provides are rather low compared to other classes. I think this change would be greatly appreciated by Intelligence- or Intelligence/Hybrid-Enutrof players who with their low Intelligence caps struggle to be a useful element on a team.

I'm (slowly) building a strength/intelligence Enutrof and am scrolling Intelligence to 100 because in my opinion the caps are too low to build an effective Enutrof without scrolling. The Enutrof has some really fun Intelligence spells, but I think it's quite a mistake that Ghostly Shovel has a minimum range. I'm aware that in the past Enutrof players abused this spell by casting Pull-Out and then debuffing themselves with Ghostly Shovel, but this has been fixed since Pull-Out imposes a debuffable state. I think it would be a dramatic help not just to Intelligence-Enutrofs but to all Enutrofs to give them back the ability to debuff themselves.

Izmar seemed quite specific when she said that the developers eventually want to remove the loot bonus given to Living Chest because in hindsight it turned out to be overpowered, but without a loot bonus I think it would really destroy the "treasure hunting" role of the Enutrof. For Living Chest I suggest the following:

• The developers remove the limitation on only one Enutrof summoning one chest at a time.
  • The Living Chest does not get a second roll for extra loot at the end of the fight.
  • The Living Chest may buff its Prospection Points by 50 points each turn, for four turns, for a maximum +200 Prospection Points.
Perhaps +50 PP for four turns for total +200 PP added to the Enutrof's PP is too much (+150 PP instead?) but I still think the idea is a good compromise: remove the second roll for extra loot and in compensation give the Enutrof player a much greater prospection bonus.

To answer your questions:

I've always seen the (Chance) Enutrof as a "Sniper / Supporter." All the Chance-based spells are single-target, generally have a strong economy of action points, and are quite good at picking off enemies from afar. Without some seriously overmaged gear and a lot of scrolls, the Enutrof will never hit as hard as the other tanks and bruisers, but as a support role used to reduce AP, MP, and range, is a serious danger to any foe. The Enutrof is good at escaping and with the right gear can litter the battlefield with summons. The ability to frustrate and harass the enemy is an absolute pleasure.

For the most part, I think the Enutrof is well balanced. My biggest gripes are that a few of the Enutrof's spells (Pandora's Box, Ghostly Shovel) leave something to be desired. I'd also like to see something done to buff Mass Clumsiness. The spell has terrific potential, but a 20-turn cool-down is just ridiculous.

I'd like to see the soft-caps adjusted, but we all know the developers have already said that will never, ever happen. I'd like to see Pandora's Box and Ghostly Shovel buffed, but I'd also like to see Mass Clumsiness revised to make it useful more than once per fight.

Chance, Strength, and a few hybrid builds have been popular in the past. Which build is your favorite and why?

I've played a Chance/Wisdom-Enutrof since I started Dofus, but I've also tried several times to build an effective Strength/Intelligence-Enutrof. The Chance/Wisdom-Enutrof is the easiest to play (and also the most profitable!), but I've found the Strength/Intelligence-hybrid to be quite a bit more fun not just because I get an area-of-effect spell in Mound but can enjoy attacking from behind walls with Shovel Kiss and seriously buffing an Osa's summons with Greed. Strength/Intelligence is my favorite, but without scrolling and the right gear it's a serious challenge to remain strong.
0 0
Score : 2696

For the most part, I rather enjoy playing the Enutrof as depicted; the treasure hunting fiend. While Chance increases overall PP, I have decided to build my Enutrof as a Chance and Wisdom hybrid, focusing her gear primarily on +PP so that she can be that 'Drop *censored*' that I use for breaking all PP locks. I can attest that I only run 1 Enutrof, and don't feel the burn of my Living Chest, but with the current state of affairs I can say without a doubt that another Enutrof will never be entering the confines of my team.

I don't see the problem with Pandoras Box, I have it leveled and rarely use it; and even when I do... the effects tend to go to some one else and not the Enutrof. I absolutely hate the change to Ghostly Shovel; and find it a completely useless spell, and I wish I would have read the spell before releveling it; -1 turn duration when I loved and hated it being1/2 and hoping for crits? Least they could have done was given a crit a -2 duration. Still completely trash of a spell in my opinion, but it functions as they wanted with the 'less random' attitude. I dislike Living Chests aggressive AI, primarily because it can't take a hit more often than not, and it does no damage unless it gets hit. The extra drop roll is all I want out of it in light of that. Living Shovel I can't say much about; it reduced MP res and does a pushback; but it doesn't keep things at bay 100% of the time; so I never leveled it.

How would you rank/define the Enutrof’s class roles? I see Enutrofs as a Drop *censored*. That's why I built one, and have one in the team; to drop things. The soft caps for Enutrofs generally suck when you compare them to other classes that can have the exact same build (Chance, Strength, Intelligence, Agility). I find the damage output on Enutrofs to generally be on the low side, but they excel in supporting abilities.

What hinders or facilitates these roles (spells/mechanics/other)? The availability of Chance/PP & Wisdom gears greatly encourage my specific build of an Enutrof. Since other classes of similar builds can out damage my Enutrof, I don't mind the drop trade off. I greatly enjoy being able to play the support role in a fight and trying to slow down the advancement of my enemies; but dread anything needing to be unbewitched (like Minotot when he starts self healing... come on, -1 duration?! 1 cast per target?! fffffsssss).

What catalyst is needed, if any, to balance out the classes main flaws? I don't notice any flaws in the class myself, but that could be the manner in which I play my Enutrof, and the build/aspirations I have set forth for my Enutrof. I have mine for a specific reason, and I enjoy it like that.

Chance, Strength, and a few hybrid builds have been popular in the past. Which build is your favorite and why?PP/Chance & Wisdom. I prefer the high amounts of drops, the utilization of my Wisdom based MP reducing, and generally being support.

How would you recommend changing the Living Chest to allow the Enutrof to cast it regardless of any other chests on the board? Do you think it should or should not generate an extra drop roll? What changes to its prospecting ability do you think would be fair? I would like to see Living Chest reverted to what it was in like 1.29 or something? As many chests as you had summons for a level 200 Enutrof. Knowing that won't happen, let's just get rid of the limitation that is in place now; and adjust it to be on a per machine/IP address basis. However, after reading some of the aspirations that Lichen has for this class, I am dreading what will become of my Enutrof. I am ready to incorporate a whole new class that can pull off the same build, with the general same PP bonus, but do a hades of a lot more damage.

-----
I don't think it is fair to single out specific groups for using a mechanic to the best of their abilities. I can see the logic of why, but I still don't find it to be fair when compared the 'specialties' of the other classes. I really hope that a PP build won't be discouraged more than it already is.

0 0
Score : 1165
discarder|2012-05-23 20:47:29
I don't see the problem with Pandoras Box, I have it leveled and rarely use it
Right here is the problem with Pandora's Box.
1 0
Sljm|2012-05-23 22:17:40
discarder|2012-05-23 20:47:29
I don't see the problem with Pandoras Box, I have it leveled and rarely use it
Right here is the problem with Pandora's Box.
Eh, clipping it doesn't make the case any stronger. I have rarely used it because I don't need the crits, and I have Eniripsas to heal. When I do use it, it goes to either the Pandawa, Sacrier, Cra, either of the two Eniripsas, the Osamodas, or the Ecaflip; as they can use the +crits more than the Enutrof; that might change if if my Enutrof decides to get into a 1/2 mode like the Cra, Osamodas, or the Eniripsas. It's healed when I needed it to, it's handed out crits when I needed that; but very very rarely does it ever go to the Enutrof. The majority of the Enutrofs utility spells are easily made 1/2 (Shovel of Judgement, the old Ghostly Shovel), or extremely out of reach for *my* particular build.
0 0
Score : 1165

No my point was that a spell which is rarely used is probably in need of adjustment in some way.

0 0
Score : 15603

1. Disabler (Reduces MP/AP of its foes.)
2. Prospector/Treasure Hunter (Increases the chances of finding rare treasure.)
3. Support (Buffs other characters)
4. Fighter (The weakest role, enu's are pretty pathetic fighters.)

The disabler role is helped by:

Clumsiness (strong and very useful)
Mass Clumsiness (the cooldown is ridiculously long on this. I think it would be better to have a 1 AP spell like clumsiness but for reducing AP.)
Pull Out (Very nice, but I don't usually get to use it, especially at high levels when so many people want to CC, they don't want to get stuck with no MP and unable to attack.)
Shovel of Judgement (pathetically weak, I would recommend either increasing damage, or making it steal MP every hit not just on crits, or decreasing the AP of this spell)
Prime of Life (Utterly useless. I don't think I have ever seen someone using this spell)

The support role is helped by:

Greed (One of the enu's best support spells.)
Acceleration (I really like this spell since the update which made it 1 AP. It is useful for helping someone get out of trouble quickly, or get in for CC quickly.)
Bribery (Very nice when combined with Greed and Ghostly Shovel to give someone a massive emergency heal and then debuff the skipped turn.)
Fortune (Super weak, almost not worth it, especially since the enu's attacks aren't that great anyway.)
Pandora's Box (Very unreliable, and the cooldown period is too long to be very useful.)

There are a few spells that I feel need to change:

Living Shovel

This spell is currently pretty useless. In PvP it is easy to trick it into pushing you toward your enemy, rather than away. In fact despite the enu dopples old school OP acceleration I can often still get in CC with it because I trick its living shovel into pushing me toward the dopple. I would rather see the living shovel either serving as a high vit (1000-1500) high lock tank which has an AoE MP reduction spell similar to Sadida Madoll, but not as strong. One option would be for it to have high lock, and AI that causes it to travel toward enemies. When it is attacked it reduces MP in an AoE around it.

Shovel of Judgement

Either reduce its AP, or increase its damage, or making it steal MP with every hit, not just on crits.

Fortune

Would be better replaced by a percentage damage buff, or at the very least made as strong as the greed buff.

Pandoras Box

Either reduce the cooldown, or make it only buff crits. The healing is fairly useless.

Mass Clumsiness

Either reduce the cooldown or better yet replace it with a new AP reduction spell similar to Clumsiness (1 AP spell that can be cast once per turn per target.)

Chance/Wisdom is the best build for an enu. It is the only build which has at least mediocre spell damage with Slaughtering Shovel, and the wisdom is good for reducing MP. I do like to keep a little int on my set to increase bribe heals though.

How would you recommend changing the Living Chest to allow the Enutrof to cast it regardless of any other chests on the board? Do you think it should or should not generate an extra drop roll? What changes to its prospecting ability do you think would be fair?

I think that it would be fair if multiple enus were once again allowed to summon chests. However, the chests should not get drops themselves. Instead they should have a spell which increase the prospecting of all allies on the map for a few turns, similar to the greed buff. In this way having an enu or two along in a group helps everyone else get better prospecting instead of just giving the enu an unfair advantage in getting drops.
0 0
Score : 6471
Mishna|2012-05-24 20:50:41

Shovel of Judgement

Either reduce its AP, or increase its damage, or making it steal MP with every hit, not just on crits.

Mass Clumsiness

Either reduce the cooldown or better yet replace it with a new AP reduction spell similar to Clumsiness (1 AP spell that can be cast once per turn per target.)

I would instead have Shovel of Judgement grant an MP Dodge malus.
Perhaps still take MP on a crit.

So Enus should have Clumsiness and Slowdown?

Perhaps when an Enu casts his/her Living Chest onto an allies Living Chest they gain the Chests accumulated PP. After the cooldown, with this PP state on, they can cast their own Chest which would only have the damage component? Complex I know.
0 0

I like the idea of -MP dodge, and take MP on a crit.

You are right, giving enus a slowdown spell would probably be too powerful. However, mass clumsiness with reduced cooldown might be useful.

I don't really understand what you mean by your idea of the living chest. My idea is to keep the chest just as is, but instead of a +50 prospecting bonus for the chest, and the chest getting items that only go to the enu, instead it gives a reduced global bonus to prospecting, say +10 prospecting for all allies. The chests will not drop anything themselves, but because they increase the prospecting of other members of the team those members will drop more items.

Because the prospecting bonus applies to all on the team it is more fair than having a enu get all the good drops. (Although enus will probably still drop a few more items due to higher base prospecting, which seems reasonable since they are the primary treasure hunter class.)

0 0
Score : 3949

Lichen already wants to kill the chest and the enus PP bonus. We should be taking about replacements for those, not how to change the PP because Lichen does what Lichen wants ultimately.

0 0

I've read the summary of Lichen's thoughts on the enu, but I don't realistically see him completely getting rid of the treasure hunting aspect of enus. That is the enu's main attribute. Are they going to change all the written lore about enus, and the enu temple, as well? Not to mention that prospecting buffs are essential to drop some resources due to the insanely low drop rates. Getting rid of enus prospecting abilities would just hurt the game, and make end game equipment even more expensive and out of reach for the average single accounter.

I think it is fair to modify Living Chest so that it doesn't drop items for the enu, but rather helps everyone on the team drop items, and I think it is fair to take measures to limit the drop power of 8 enu teams, but I think that if Living Chest was removed from the game completely it would be very bad for Dofus.

Of course is the removal of enu's drop abilities was supplemented by some ridiculous change like bosses always dropping a set number of resources in every fight, and those resources being distributed across the team then I would approve of course. But I don't think destroying the enu's drop ability will work without a huge change to the way drops work.

0 0
Score : 2598

I don't really know how they plan to mess up the dropping even further, but...
As far as combat goes:

I have a wisdom based enutrof with the main role of taking mp and we are definitely one of the best mp takers due to the spell clumsiness. Pull out is rarely used as it messed up your team as well. Prime of lime (life) is sort of handy? but one cast per target and the range makes an agi build unpractical. SoJ is weak damage for a 4ap spell and only takes mp on criticals.. it should be corrected to take 1-2 mp on non-crits as well.

The chance build has fair hits with slaughtering. Fortune is a good buff on crits, but not so much on non-crits. Pandoras box as mentioned is simply the worse out of all the crit enhancing spells and should be fixed to consistent crits. Because of lower buffs than other classes (and shovels-the primary weapon for enutrofs being rather weak for a single target weapon) we normally get destroyed in close combat. Greed is nice but buffs the enemy as well... and we lost the ability to completely remove buffs with ghostly...ah... ghostly...

We have fair range... but are no cras. We have no range buffing spells and our damaging spells are mid-range. Imo, they should remove the minimum ranges on ghostly and bribe (feel much more strongly on ghostly shovel as it was painful to lose the ability to self lift). This silly minimum range stuff has made us even more defenseless in a close combat battle which we are losing.

Maybe suggestions:

Mass clums- neat spell. It's useful once a fight and that could be enough to make the spell worth it if the other enutrof spells were stronger. The long cooldown and high ap cost are definately the drawbacks of the spell... perhaps increasing it to an even larger AoE would make it good enough.

Unsummoning- the agility build is rather weak and perhaps this should be traded for a better ranged agility attack that could hit non-summons. Would love to trade this for a whip at 1/10 the base damage...

SoJ- mentioned to make it take a mp or two on non-crits

Pandoras box: mentioned to make it consistently +crits

Ghostly- mentioned to remove minimum range. Would also like to see it castable twice per target per turn or -2 durations. Before ghostly was 1/2 as effected as insolent (since you needed a crit) and now it is 1/4... and before you could even try again if you miss...

Prime of life - castable twice per target per turn

Shovel throwing- rather weak spell compared to all the other 4ap strength spells. Scrap, additional effect (wis steal?) or steal damage.

Living shovel- AI problem, although this goes for most summons. It should always push away if it has the choice. Perhaps make it so it doesn't push at all and only locks and gives the -mp res.

0 0
Score : 1893

I don't believe we can seriously explore the future of the Enutrof until we have a definitive answer from Development regarding the future of the class. As you can see in this thread (and many others recently) there is a serious confusion in the community regarding whether or not Development does intend on completely removing the PP and drop advantages of the Enutrof class.

If this is a discussion about how we can recreate the Enutrof to be a team-based and non-exploited treasure hunter - IE, keeping the class with a significant drop advantage while taking away the 8-enutrof exploitation that, I assume, led to the fall of the class - I'm sure there are plenty of good ideas out there.

If this is a discussion about how the Enutrof can be brought into line with other support classes - in essence, be the MP version of the Xelor - that is another discussion entirely, and I'm sure that again there are plenty of great ideas.

We have to have a concrete answer on this before we can go forward.

0 0
Score : 2598
SensualWetfart|2012-05-25 04:38:41
I don't believe we can seriously explore the future of the Enutrof until we have a definitive answer from Development regarding the future of the class. As you can see in this thread (and many others recently) there is a serious confusion in the community regarding whether or not Development does intend on completely removing the PP and drop advantages of the Enutrof class.

If this is a discussion about how we can recreate the Enutrof to be a team-based and non-exploited treasure hunter - IE, keeping the class with a significant drop advantage while taking away the 8-enutrof exploitation that, I assume, led to the fall of the class - I'm sure there are plenty of good ideas out there.

If this is a discussion about how the Enutrof can be brought into line with other support classes - in essence, be the MP version of the Xelor - that is another discussion entirely, and I'm sure that again there are plenty of great ideas.

We have to have a concrete answer on this before we can go forward.
They already nerfed the dropping abilities without introducing better combats skills like they said they would ... (and before that nerf they nerfed the combat skills). We could still offer suggestions on how they could increase the combat skills of enutrofs as they are currently needed to keep the class balanced.

If they plan on decreasing the drop advantage further, then hopefully they would include a few more of these suggestions to keep it balanced.
0 0

I agree. If PP bonuses and Living Chest are removed completely the class will need one hell of a buff to get viable again. If the end goal is really to turn enu into a MP xelor then it might be cool (and potentially way OP) to see something like an MP version of the Enu's devotion spell.
0 0
Score : 6471

Would it be viable to consolidate Greed and Fortune into a single +Power buff?

Perhaps an AoE like Smell (0 range) which buffed enemies in the AoE as well?

This would open up room for a new spell, but wouldn't increase PP or Heals.

To explain my concept for Chest as mentioned earlier.

Enoob casts Living Chest.
This Chest has no global cooldown and works like a Chest would right now.

Enub, if she casts Living Chest on an empty cell, would either get an error message or waste AP on nothing (error message preferred).

If she cast her Chest on Enoob's Chest, she would steal the accumulated PP of Enoob's Chest as a permanent PP boosting state.
"Enub enters the Horder State: infinite duration"
Once Enub's Chest is recastable, she can now cast a standard Chest, but PP and extra drop rolls are disabled. Thus damage only.

Enoob having not cast Living Chest on another Chest wouldn't gain this state, so his Chest would function as normal.

Now if Enoob's Chest were to die, Enutrogdor could cast Chest and it would function as it does now.

Enoob could then steal and lock in an increased PP from Enotogdor's Chest like Enub did or simply wait for the new Chest to die.

Its a little too complex perhaps, but I like complex.

So you trade off an extra drop roll for more PP for yourself.
An extra drop roll is more risky, as another Enu could just kill or wait for your Chest to die, then cast Chest and steal your extra drop roll BUT, you can also lock in an extra 150PP for yourself, forgoing the extra drop roll.

Granted the PP taken should be dependent on the casters Living Chest level and lower than what the Chest would gain itself, but this is just a theoretical spell anyways.

0 0
So you trade off an extra drop roll for more PP for yourself. An extra drop roll is more risky, as another Enu could just kill or wait for your Chest to die, then cast Chest and steal your extra drop roll BUT, you can also lock in an extra 150PP for yourself, forgoing the extra drop roll. Add Quote Here

I think the whole idea of the extra drop roll is too much, and if anything should be nerfed about living chest it should be the fact that living chest causes enus to get two drop rolls. However, living chest should still be able to buff prospecting for the entire group so that other people in the group drop more items.
0 0
Score : 3328
greekg|2012-05-24 23:56:40
Lichen already wants to kill the chest and the enus PP bonus. We should be taking about replacements for those, not how to change the PP because Lichen does what Lichen wants ultimately.
As I see it most players that don't play an Enu argue using the "Chest envy" argument.Which is "It is not fair that Enus get a second drop reduce what Enus get but let them boost what I get".

The fact is Lichen said that the trade off for Enus drop ability was reduced abilities compared to other classes.
So if they want to continue reducing Enus drop abilities they better start increasing our other abilities.
That means increasing damage for spells(slaughtering shovel is O.K. as it is)and increasing our ability to buff,reduce MP and AP etc.
They could also give Enus some shovels worth using there is a reason most enus use hammers or swords even after water maging them and with penalties for using them they are better than shovels.
0 0
Score : 2791

I've got 4 Enus, one for each element and for me, pure Int build is the best by far. I use Pandora's Box every time its cooldown reaches 0 and I would not like to see it being changed. I'd like to see a change to Int soft caps instead, though.

0 -1

I think people are too focused on the spell Living Chest. I also think that too many people are focused on what a very small minority did. It is not feasible to me to create, and maintain an Enutrof Army unless it is for the sole purpose of fighting in the Arena with souls of these mobs: Mintoro, Dragon Pig, and Dark Vlad (or his respective Dopple).

Personally, I think that Ankama has already gone overboard with the shotgun method of trying to balance things. They took a pop shot at killing off the proverbial Enutrof Army and also killed off groups that would have just 2 Enutrofs. What they could have done is limited the Enutrof Armies to having to be on separate computers. Restricting Living Chest to only 1 in play at a time only increases how many dungeon runs needs to be done, and how many souls need to be done, and as such really only hurts the single accounter more than it does a multi accounter. Sad but true, I know.

Lichen may want to remove all the 'treasure hunting' abilities in exchange for 'better damage roles' but he also said he would fear the outcry from the players (and the possibility of a lynch mob comes to mind). I feel safe enough to say that there will be changes (as there always is), but I seriously doubt that there will be a complete removal of all the 'treasure hunting' roles associated with the Enutrof.

I would be much happier if they reversed the Living Chest limitation, and instead of just making it 1 in play at a time; just limit it to 1 Living Chest per computer in play at a time. What this would mean is that multiple Enutrofs in a singular group could still be used; but the effectiveness is reduced and increased somewhat because of these factors:

• MC's would have to play on more than 1 computer at a time to maintain more than 1 Living Chest at a time. Should a MC engage in the use of proxies/virtual machines to bypass this restriction; well seeing as it is against the Terms of Use as set by Ankama... is punishable to include permanent bannings.
  • SC's would be able to get multiple Enutrof players together to do dungeon runs & souls, as well as normal fights for equipment material gathering.
Living Chest could then still retain it's own drop rolls, effectively making it easier for SC's to come together and do what only the MC's were doing.

I do not think that just changing Living Chest to just aid in increasing the group prospecting is a fair trade off, mainly because it would have to have a limitation on how much it can increase the groups prospecting, and this will probably be kept form the current state of Living Chest. A 2 turn duration for the prospecting spell just isn't appealing to me when looked at from the proposed suggestions of Living Chest just giving more prospecting to the group and not retaining its own drop rolls.

Now to the other spells that is in an Entrof's arsenal:
  • Fortune: I would like to see the critical hit rate lowered so that it is easier to get it to ½ , seeing as the Chance buff it gives isn't all that great unless it crits.
  • Coins Throwing: I would like to see the cast restriction lifted, and/or this spell getting a damage buff.
  • Ghostly Shovel: I would like to see the minimum range removed, and a duration added for the levels 5 & 6 (-2 duration) as well as a critical hit effect, perhaps -3 duration for level 5 and -4 duration for level 6?
  • Shovel Throwing: could use an increase in damage.
  • Pandora's Box: I would like this spell to merge it's effects. When cast it gives both the +crits and heals, since it heals very little overall and the added crits is rather low in all.
  • Prime of Life: could do without the casting restrictions to make it more viable as a spell.
  • Mass Clumsiness: the cool down definitely needs a reworking, as it is this spell is a single use per fight in most instances.
  • Slaughtering Shovel: I would like to see the per target per turn increased to 2, the 5AP cost would be the reason I feel this way.
  • Bribery: remove the minimum casting range.
On the whole, I find Enutrofs to be quite handy in a plethora of fights. The wisdom build or wisdom hybrid build lends itself very nicely to MP reduction, which slows down both PvP and PvM enemies from getting away or getting too close too fast. The mainstay of an Enutrof seems to be the 'drop ' and blends well with Chance for the increased base prospecting, and there are some great Chance and Wisdom gears available through all the level brackets.
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I feel that removing the function of increased drops when having an Enutrof in the group is detriment to the Enutrof on the whole. SC's and MC's alike chose this class not for their battle prowess, but for the drop prowess. However, the mechanics of obtaining drops would need a complete overhaul should any of the drop prowess of an Enutrof be reduced. It's not about the Dofus, but also the uncommon drops like Bwork Archer Scalps, Rotoflor Barks, and things of that nature. Even with my full team going after 'minor' materials such as these, I do not get them every fight with 1 Enutrof and having the team in the upside of 2800 prospecting.

For those that think this is TLDR: Remove the current restriction on Living Chest and do it on a per computer basis instead (1 Living Chest per machine, not per group). Increase the damage potential f several of the spells across the board, remove the minimum casting range, and increase the effects of some of the spells.
0 0
Respond to this thread