FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Osamodas whipped into shape

By Electricotter - MEMBER OF THE ZENITH - May 27, 2012, 14:59:16
Reactions 464
Score : 6149

Just gonna point out here that the tame system in wakfu will probably be taken down in favor of static summons. It's highly unlikely that they will do it in dofus.

0 0
Score : 563

Not a osa myself but a spell named something like 'Evolve' would be super awesome wink

For example if i use it on a gobbal it turns into a Super macho gobbal 2000 which is controllable and have different abileties similar to the sadidas spell 'Sylvan power'

(if this suggestion is added please let the evolved version of gobbal be called Super macho gobbal 2000)

0 0

It's more likely it would be a gobbal warchief. And either way, it probably won't be controllable, since ankama doesn't want that (yes, there are controllable summons, but neither of them deals damage, nor it lasts more than it's own turn).

0 0
Score : 30

Osa needs 1 more chance and strength spell with good damage. Enough damage so there'll be cha and str osas. Summons need more hp. There has to be a spell called something like "Summoner's Wrath" which makes all summons aggroe on a specific enemy. SELF HEAL SPELL FOR OSA NEEDS TO BE A THING. 'Nuff said.

0 0
Score : 739

Yeah, I'd like to see a self healing spell,or a healing summon. Osa(and Feca) is the only class that can't self heal/steal hp.

0 0

I wouldn't say rogues, iops or pandas have a self heal, because let's face it, those suck. But here is the thing: fecas and osas don't have self heals for a reason. Hiding behind the summons while healing would either require the summons to be terrible (which we don't want) or would make osas waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too annoying to kill. They already don't need to do much more than standing behind and supporting from a safe distance; they could easily go full vitality/resistance, summon spam, and run around self healing. Which would be boring and unfair. For osas to have self heals, they would need a revamp in most of their abilities, either making support worse, or making summons suck.

A healing summon is more plausible...but it shouldn't be very powerful or resistant. Depending on the AI to heal would be punishment enough for summon spammers. But overall, osas were quite hard to kill when summons were good, back a few years ago. If summons are good, and support is good, osas can't have a good self heal, because that would make them too hard to kill, since they already rely on indirect damage and don't need to risk themselves.

As an alternative, a low range lifestealing spell is a good idea.

0 0
Score : 1278

Recent changes to the Osamodas class have been aimed at reducing summon spam, so it's safe to say that any implementation of self-heals will only come with a revamp that discourages summon spam to quite a large extent. Looking forward to what new system the devs have come up with, since the current Osamodas design is just thematically unsatisfying.

0 0

Summons are already terrible,I don't think it can get any worse.. and using the excuse that would be too hard or annoying to kill Osa with that is unacceptable.
When I suggested the healling spell/summon I was considering to the new Osa, not the current one + the healing stuff.

Yeah, looking forward for a non-spam osa, never liked that biggrin 

0 0

Exactly, summons are already terrible! That's why I want the revamp to make them viable. And once they ARE viable, self heals will not be. And I'd rather have better summons than self heals.

Also, I'd rather see summon spam osa than a buff bot one...

0 0

Agree that summons are terrible! But it's the summoning system that is terrible (in comparison with the more interesting systems that other classes have) -- boosting the stats of the summons is not the answer.

The osa and eni revamps are coming, and that should change the landscape of both summons and healing at about the same time.

I would rather see a summon-based osa than a buff bot osa. Not sure how the strength and utility of the summons could be made to scale with the skill of the player, but if summoning were improved I'm pretty sure the devs will introduce some drawback mechanism at the same time.

0 0

I highly doubt that the eni revamp will bring huge changes to the healing system, since enis are to healers what iops are to damage dealers: they need to be the simple, reliable support class. But this is the osa thread, not eni one, so I'll shut up.

About the summons system...the system in itself is not bad. You don't need to change the system, but rather, giving limitations to the spells so they can be stronger already solves the issue. Limiting the amount of summons in the field allows for the individual summons to be stronger. Maybe a mechanic that makes summons weaker the more you summon could be done, but that would be hard to code.

Same goes for buffs: increasing their power/AoE (preferrably AoE) while also increasing the cooldown would make it so that you don't need to spam buffs every turn, and can focus on other stuff, which would be greatly appreciated.

In my opinion, osas need to fight alongside the summons, rather than just supporting them from far away while they do the dirty work. In which case my suggestion of a close combat lifesteal spell would be pretty good.

0 0
Score : 13416

I could see dofus taking a page from wakfu here with regards to osas...

Wakfu has a stat called control. it is (or at least was) pretty much equivalent to the +summons stat on dofus.

Recently wakfu had a spell overhaul. Osas there can now only have 1 summon out at a time, and the buffs they can use on it are limited by the amount of control they have. However, the summons are much stronger than dofus summons. (there is 1? capturable mob from each area in the game. It's stats are also somewhat dependent on the osas stats, IIRC an osa can have 5 different monsters captured at a time, but that may have changed with the recent overhaul)

I would not be surprised by something similar happening to osas in dofus. Summons becoming more powerful, but more limited, and actually requiring the osa to have offensive stats for their summons to have them as well.

As for the potential for the healing system being changed: I think it is somewhat interesting that osa and eni (largely regarded as heal/support characters) are slated for revamp at the same time, especially since there are other classes that could definitely use it more. I have a wager with someone about why that is and my money is on some fundamental change to the healing system. (this does not necessarily mean it will be more complex, just that something major will change regarding it)

0 0

Turretz, is that similar to Foggernauts' evolutions?

0 0

The thing is, Nerd-Tease, that osas are not the second most prevalent healer to get to that assumption. Sadidas, ecas, eliotropes and foggernauts are closer to that claim. I think the problem is: osa, eni and sacrier (the 3 next revamps) are the ones that saw the least amount of changes over several years. Up until last year, xelor and feca was there too. They are simply changing the most outdated ones. Plus, which classes need it more? The devs didn't think sacriers needed a revamp until after eni and osa revamps were announced; rogues kinda need one, but they have a unique niche that is hard to mess with; all of the other classes are fine, powerful with their respective roles.

0 0
Score : 13416
Turretz, is that similar to Foggernauts' evolutions?
Not really, though the summons are similar to fog turrets in dofus in that they inherit caster stats(well, mostly anyhow)

@Lynn-Reignleif

I'd place sacriers on that list of needing it before osa and eni.

While sadidas, ecas, elios, and fogs may have higher healing potential than osa, I specified healing/support, not just healing. Osas really don't have that much going for them other than summon spam, heal, buff. Their attacks really aren't anything special. Sadida,eca,elio, and fog all fulfill more roles than this, and are generally more interesting classes. (at least IMO)

And rogue needing a revamp? I hope you are kidding. Rogues are currently top tier.

I also wouldn't say enis need a revamp so badly. They are exactly what they need to be. The Iop equivalent healer.
0 0

As I said, the devs only changed their minds about sacriers AFTER announcing osa and eni changes...before that, they thought sacriers were fine. And now it is a moot point, since they will be next anyway.

Well, what changes should be done to healing/support, then? I don't think there is something that would be good, balanced, and wouldn't need large changes to the game's system to work.

About osas, I think both them and sacriers are in a similar spot...they need a complete overhaul. Even their core stuff needs changes. Both of them also share a similar story, so to say...both were top tier in 1.2x PvP, and have been nerfed continuously year after year. They were either very powerful or not powerful enough, because their core is very hard to balance. Sacrier punishments, especially, are hard to balance. They really need a complete overhaul.

About rogues...yeah, as I said, they have their niche. But outside of their niche, they can't do anything. If there is a rogue in the party, either the whole party focuses on bombs or the rogue is nearly useless. What rogues do, they do really well, but I just think they are very limiting for the whole party. Which makes me think they are kind of...incomplete. I just think that there should be ways for rogues to play that don't require them to be the center of the strategy. Also, new incarnam with a low level rogue is hell.

About enis, no, they don't need a revamp due to weaknesses. But technically, neither do osas, as buff bot osa is pretty effective. Enis just have many useless or redundant spells, and there's no real reason for an agility eni (agi/cha is a bit more plausible, but even then I'd argue that heals are better than a bit more range).

But let's keep this discussion on private, and talk about osas here^^

1 0

Don't know if anyone mentioned this already but any thought about the Sacrifice of Summons ? It's just a raw idea.
It's basically a fusion between two summons in order to create a stronger one,with new spells/functions.

The summon with a higher level(to unlock) absorbs the lower one, e.g:

Gobball + Tofu = a gobball with more HP,MP,resistance and his damage changes from neutral to agility. 1-2 attack range, like tofu.
Red Wyrmling + Crackler = a dragon with better stats and his damage changes from fire to earth and can remove ap like crackler.

Again it's just a raw idea, just wanted to know what people here thinks about it, was talking with some friends and they liked it so decided to post here.
And last but not least, I bring up again the need of a Partial control through Whip. Hit X target with whip and summons will focus on it.

We need that,relying on summons AI is suicide.

1 0

I doubt both of those would happen. How would you code the fusions? It would be hard to do, so it makes the idea unlikely. Though giving new properties to summons is cool. And ankama doesn't like the idea of giving osas a controllabe summon (again, all controllable summons die in a turn and are only utility).

0 0

How so? It's very similar to how Fogg improve their turret. We'd have a summon in field, a gobball for e.g, and then in the cell where the gobball is I'd use another summon ''inside'' it, tofu for e.g and fusion completed. Pretty simple I guess.

And that's why I said Partial control, we wouldn't directly control summons, they'd only try to focus their attacks in the target we want, but they are still free. This way the time of the fight would be the same.

0 0

Is it? Because turrets only have one way of evolution. Your idea would have...6 ways of evolving each summon? 7 if you could use the same summon again. Plus, turrets only get simple buffs, and your idea is a lot more complex.

Also, yes, I know you said partial. Probably not happening anyway.

0 0
Respond to this thread