FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Pandawa Balancing

By Tropical-Ace - SUBSCRIBER - May 31, 2012, 02:19:35
Reactions 51
Score : 13423
Ardulk|2013-03-06 21:01:35
Main problem is we NEED (can't emphasize more than that) the constant change in states. We have very limited spells, no reliable self buffs, sober spells are linear/awkward ranges, sober spells are medium ranged and moderate damage. A 12ap int panda can cast flask once > go drunk > cast 3 blazing fists. In the next turn that same panda can't do that anymore, since he will have to go sober, then cast flask, then go drunk again, totalizing 4ap. With 12ap we can cast blazing fist thrice. We already can only go sober once per turn, while going drunk has no cast limitation, and sometimes that bamboo milk cooldown can really f*ck up a game, if you don't plan it carefully. Having a boozer cooldown would destroy pandas... If it's the case, then we'd need to get rid of casting restriction on sober spells, or go for 3/turn on sober spells and 4/person on drunk spells, to heighten our flexibility as drunken attackers
I never said I wanted a cooldown on boozer, just a restriction that excludes using boozer/Wrath of zato in the same turn as using bamboo milk. You could still make use drunk and sober spells in the same turn that way, just not drunk sober drunk in the same turn
0 0
Score : 329

This is necroing a very inactive thread but I felt like asking/suggesting something biggrin

Would it be reasonable to change Alcoholic breath so that it doesn't hurt allies? Many people use it as a mobility spell when they don't want to go sober, and judging by some of the more recent changes (Masqueraiders Furia, Boliche, Capering, Decoy, Distance. Foggernauts Backwash, Torrent, Froth) of arguably "mobility" or "map manipulation" spells it would be more than justified. (It's even directly comparable to what Distance is, basically).

I am in the minority of using an agility panda, and if I was any other element I honestly probably wouldn't even care about alcoholic breath hurting my allies for 20 damage, but in my case it's a decent damage spell...

0 0
Score : 6161

Use terror for that. Even at lvl 1, it should have about 7 range if your pandawa is geared properly.

0 0
Lynn-Reiginleif|2014-06-01 15:40:14
Use terror for that. Even at lvl 1, it should have about 7 range if your pandawa is geared properly.

That requires pandawa to go sober, lose his buffs, go back to drunken state though. That's why people are already using alcoholic breath to move targets while in the drunk state.

My suggestion is less about pandawas playing strategies, and more about other similar purpose serving spells being modified to not hurt allies (because they can be and are used on allies aswell).
0 0
Score : 5262
Pillbug|2014-06-01 15:53:17

That requires pandawa to go sober, lose his buffs, go back to drunken state though. That's why people are already using alcoholic breath to move targets while in the drunk state.

My suggestion is less about pandawas playing strategies, and more about other similar purpose serving spells being modified to not hurt allies (because they can be and are used on allies aswell).
Well swapping from Sober to drunk and back again is part of how a panda is played. Both have a different purpose. It's just part of the the panda is, which Bamboo milk having an unbewitch, is good and bad.
0 0
Sackrace|2014-06-01 18:16:20
Pillbug|2014-06-01 15:53:17

Well swapping from Sober to drunk and back again is part of how a panda is played. Both have a different purpose. It's just part of the the panda is, which Bamboo milk having an unbewitch, is good and bad.

I understand what you're saying, and I understand this game design mechanic of playing a panda. This however isn't what I was suggesting. My question is: "Should Alcoholic breath be changed so it doesn't hurt allies because Foggernauts, Masqs, Iops mobility spells got modified this way also?"

I may have worded it poorly before ^^

I'm fine if the answer is a "no", I just wanted to make sure my message was received the way I intended it smile 
0 0
Score : 194

Would be nice if carried barrel could heal like 25%~ of maximum hp

0 0
Score : 6161

25% is WAY too much. Especially since it's AoE, in a class that is already very powerful and very useful, with the only drawback being spending 2 AP/turn, and in a class that can stand and keep itself VERY far away from the enemy. Barrel is fine as is.

0 0
Score : 26
  • What do you think about the balance of the 4 builds? Why does it appear that the majority of Pandas choose to be strength?
I think Strength, Chance, and intel are all leaps above Agility, And believe that strength offers cheap gears, easy to play and nice damages.
  • How do you feel about the difference between the Drunk and Sober spells? How would you change them?
I dont feel this section needs attention, as while drunk spells are weaker, you get either %res bonus, or the damage and AP bonus depending on which method you used to go Drunk
  • How do you feel about the new Stain? Is it still a staple panda spell, or has it been pushed to the side?
Though i didn't use the panda often when old stain was here, i think the current stain is perfect. Though just one change (Which will make more sense later) is to be castable on themselves to remove all effects, minus Boozer or Wrath effects.
  • Do you feel that Karcham and Chamrak should be merged? If so what do you think will be born out of the merger.
I think they should be merged, but i have no ideas of what could fill the left over slot right now.
  • How do you feel about the Pandawasta? Are its amount of abilities too vast?
I find that while having a nice amount of capabilities, the constant transitions from Sobre/Drunk states balances it nicely
  • In your opinion, what role does the Pandawa play? Is it support, damage dealer, or maybe both.
While mainly a supporting role, i think it has the damage there when needed
  • Boozer Vs Wrath of Zatoishwan. Which one do your prefer? How would you change them?
Im more a fan of boozer, though perhaps thats because im playing Chance panda right now, and the cast limit on Tipple is too limiting, so i know im going to either go back to Sobre this or next turn. If i was playing a strength or Intel panda, the cast limits are more appropriate so i could go a couple of turns without needing to go back to sobre, so would use Wrath of Zatoishwan more, I think.
  • How would you change Bamboo milk?
I would have it so it only removes the effects on the panda, which are caused by the panda (E.G Pandinuras) But buffs from ally's, and as a balancing matter, debuffs from enemys, are kept. (This is the reason for the Stain change)
  • How are you dealing with the new limitations on Damage spells (Melancholy, Pandatak etc..) How would you change these?
I find the limitations of these 2 spells fine, although the limitation on Tipple should be raised to 3x per target and no cast limit per turn
0 0
Score : -144

Not much action going on here. So I made a thread. Click here
It addresses my concerns with the imbalances between builds and antiquated spells.

Amey

0 0
Score : 2735

why does stain even exist as a spell? its so horrible x__x atleast make it Los and moore range

0 0
Score : 108

Pandawasta needs more lock ImO. His purpose is to distract and lock opponents, but he only has about 50 lock on lvl 200. Most monsters of this level just dodge him and don't lose more than 1-2 MP.

My suggestion would be to give him 100 lock at the end, and therefore remove his power debuff spell. Alternatively, just change his lock debuff spell into a dodge debuff. In almost any situation, his lock debuff is useless, a dodge debuff would make much more sense.

1 0
Respond to this thread