FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dofus Obtaining System -- Topic of the Month (July)

By Nikto July 04, 2012, 00:25:07

In June’s Topic of the Month Voting thread Dofus Obtaining System topic won with 45 votes. This thread is devoted to discussing it. Feel free to share your concerns, thoughts regarding the existing system, and improvement suggestions.

The original topic suggestion was:

XehanordHeartless|2012-05-29 16:00:56
Redo the dofus obtaining system. Currently obtaining a dofus is more dependent on luck than effort and hard work. Players also have to rely on others in order to get their dofus. The only way a single accounter can hope to get a turquoise dofus right now is grind to DP, earn a ton of souls and then do the souls with other people hoping they will give him the dofus if they drop it. A player can do more than 300 souls and drop nothing while another one may drop it on their first try. This system is NOT fair. Ochre was a step forward but no work has beem done to fix the others.

P.S. You can suggest and vote for new topics in July’s Topic of the Month Voting thread. 
2 0
Reactions 98
Score : 11138

This is a "tokens" system which I think that would help with making the dofus obtaining system be more based on efford. The boss would drop tokken/quest item depending on the number of players fighting the boss. The more people you would fight with, the more you would need. This is so it won't be abused by multiclienters.

Now there are 2 possibilities.
The first one is making these items/tokens tradable for a dofus, with more tokens allowing for a more powerful one.

The first one could be something among these lines:

Fighting with 1 char 128 tokens per char
Fighting with 2 char 64 tokens per char
Fighting with 3 char 32 tokens per char
Fighting with 4 char 16 tokens per char
Fighting with 5 char 8 tokens per char
Fighting with 6 char 4 tokens per char
Fighting with 7 char 2 tokens per char
Fighting with 8 char 1 tokens per char

The roleplaying could be something among the lines of the NPC having been robbed by the monster and you having to help him get back his stolen items for a reward.

Another possibility is them increasing the dofus' drop rate. Maybe a 1 token per char for this.

Here is a possible description for that:

It is said that :randomitemsnamehere: increase their owner's luck however they are very fragile. They will turn to dust if a great magic source is near.

These could increase the drop rate. For example with 5 you would have a 0.1% drop rate, with 10 a 0.15% drop rate , with 15 a 0.2% drop rate and so on.

If you droped a dofus the "tokens" would dissapear.

2 0
Score : 3959
XehanordHeartless|2012-07-04 01:28:31

Another possibility is them increasing the dofus' drop rate. Maybe a 1 token per char for this.

Here is a possible description for that:

It is said that :randomitemsnamehere: increase their owner's luck however they are very fragile. They will turn to dust if a great magic source is near.

These could increase the drop rate. For example with 5 you would have a 0.1% drop rate, with 10 a 0.15% drop rate , with 15 a 0.2% drop rate and so on.

If you droped a dofus the "tokens" would dissapear.
I like this idea best.
0 0
Score : 3343

I touched on this on the Enu thread so excuse me while I quote myself lol.

"So if they want to cut down on the groups of Enus/chance pandas doing souls and dungeons to drop a Dofus make the ability to get a Dofus fair and predictable.Notice I said fair and predictable not easy.Lets take the Dragonpig as an example.

A player goes to the NPC and gives them the key to the dungeon and is asigned a quest called "Fry the Bacon" kill the Dragonpig 200 times reward level based kamas and exp and a Turquios Dofus.Now unless the developers feel like handing out perfect Turquios Dofuses (which I doubt) the quest needs to be repeatable but as a new quest.Don't like the crits you have on that Dofus talk to the NPC get another quest called "Pork chops anyone" kill the Dragonpig 350 times same rewards.Still don't like the crits "Bake the Ham" kill the Dragonpig 500 times, you get the idea.Maybe make it repeatable 6 times then your stuck with what you have.

No dofuses dropped in fights or from souls but souls count towards the quest.It is fair and predictable but not easy.This would probably eliminate 80% of the groups of enus/chance pandas running dungeons and doing souls.There would still be some(there are rare mats needed for equipment)but it would go a long way towards eliminating the problem."

I think making getting a Dofus part of a quest is the way to go with all Dofuses.

0 0
LordGreyDragon|2012-07-04 05:53:30

"So if they want to cut down on the groups of Enus/chance pandas doing souls and dungeons to drop a Dofus make the ability to get a Dofus fair and predictable.Notice I said fair and predictable not easy.Lets take the Dragonpig as an example.

A player goes to the NPC and gives them the key to the dungeon and is asigned a quest called "Fry the Bacon" kill the Dragonpig 200 times reward level based kamas and exp and a Turquios Dofus.Now unless the developers feel like handing out perfect Turquios Dofuses (which I doubt) the quest needs to be repeatable but as a new quest.Don't like the crits you have on that Dofus talk to the NPC get another quest called "Pork chops anyone" kill the Dragonpig 350 times same rewards.Still don't like the crits "Bake the Ham" kill the Dragonpig 500 times, you get the idea.Maybe make it repeatable 6 times then your stuck with what you have.

No dofuses dropped in fights or from souls but souls count towards the quest.It is fair and predictable but not easy.This would probably eliminate 80% of the groups of enus/chance pandas running dungeons and doing souls.There would still be some(there are rare mats needed for equipment)but it would go a long way towards eliminating the problem."

I think making getting a Dofus part of a quest is the way to go with all Dofuses.

I have thought about this as well. It's just that this system would be very abusable by multiaccounters. Not sure if this is a bad thing though and if it should be prevented but 8 people getting a dofus every 200 boss fights doesn't seem right. I fully agree with your last sentence.
0 0
Score : 6477

I personally like this suggestion the most.
However there are a few things I would change:
  • No quest XP, but a higher kama yield for the quests. A guaranteed Dofus is a good enough reward.
  • 10 Quests total. 1 for each roll (11-20 Crits). Starting at 100 DPs for an 11 ending at 1000 DPs for a 20.
  • You would have to present your Dofus to the NPC to start the next quest and get a new, better, one.
The higher kama yield would compensate for the loss of sales on Turqs.
You would have to make a total of 5,500 DP runs (souls don't factor in the quest), to get a perfect, 20 crit, dofus.
This makes it incredibly hard to abuse.

By presenting the NPC with your +11 dofus to start working towards your +12 dofus, this keeps the server from being flooded by dofuseseses'.

Alternatively however, you could take your +14 dofus you already have, and turn it in to work for a +15. (this would take 500 DP runs.)
In this way, if you manage to drop one while doing your 5,500 runs, you can either trade it to jump ahead in the quest chain, keep it, or sell it.

Please note however, you lose your dofus. You turn it in to initiate the quest...your dofus is gone. Period.
You get the new one when the quest is complete.

This is where you must make your cost/benefit analysis.

0 0
Electricotter|2012-07-04 09:58:23

I personally like this suggestion the most.
However there are a few things I would change:
  • No quest XP, but a higher kama yield for the quests. A guaranteed Dofus is a good enough reward.
  • 10 Quests total. 1 for each roll (11-20 Crits). Stating at 100 DPs for an 11 ending at 1000 DPs for a 20.
  • You would have to present your Dofus to the NPC to start the next quest and get a new, better, one.
The higher kama yield would compensate for the loss of sales on Turqs.
You would have to make a total of 5,500 DP runs (souls don't factor in the quest), to get a perfect, 20 crit, dofus.
This makes it incredibly hard to abuse.

By presenting the NPC with your +11 dofus to start working towards your +12 dofus, this keeps the server from being flooded by dofuseseses'.

Alternatively however, you could take your +14 dofus you already have, and turn it in to work for a +15. (this would take 500 DP runs.)
In this way, if you manage to drop one while doing your 5,500 runs, you can either trade it to jump ahead in the quest chain, keep it, or sell it.

Please note however, you lose your dofus. You turn it in to initiate the quest...your dofus is gone. Period.
You get the new one when the quest is complete.

This is where you must make your cost/benefit analysis.

5500 dp runs for a perfect turquoise dofus is a it of an overkill imo. The point of this thread is to change the way the dofus are obtained not necessarily make it "harder". Sure it is a more reliable system but 5.500 runs are too much.
0 0

Purchasing via tokens will flood servers with dofuseses'.
Doing a repeatable dofus quest (for a random roll) will also flood servers.

I won't defend or justify my suggestion beyond this, as it is merely a suggestion.

For those that are wondering however we have Dev commentary on this.

Back in 2010, during a "Letters to the Developers" episode, a similar question was asked and here is the answer Sylfaen gave:

Question: Do you have any plans for any quests to get Dofus, apart from the Ochre, so that those of us who are eternally unlucky can finally get our hands on them without having to redo the same dungeons hundreds of times?

Sylfaen: For the next Dofus, getting the loot from the bosses is over. Farming’s over. You can get them after a quest such as 'An Eternal Harvest' or other similar method. In other words, you have to successfully complete certain missions to get the Dofus. All the old Dofus that are already in the game will most likely remain loot, but it’s possible that you’ll be able to get them as a result of quests later.

0 0
Electricotter|2012-07-04 10:31:27
Purchasing via tokens will flood servers with dofuseses'. I don't see how. The average 3k pp team drops a turq in 30 souls average.
Doing a repeatable dofus quest (for a random roll) will also flood servers. Same with above

I won't defend or justify my suggestion beyond this, as it is merely a suggestion.

For those that are wondering however we have Dev commentary on this.

Back in 2010, during a "Letters to the Developers" episode, a similar question was asked and here is the answer Sylfaen gave:

Question: Do you have any plans for any quests to get Dofus, apart from the Ochre, so that those of us who are eternally unlucky can finally get our hands on them without having to redo the same dungeons hundreds of times?

Sylfaen: For the next Dofus, getting the loot from the bosses is over. Farming’s over. You can get them after a quest such as 'An Eternal Harvest' or other similar method. In other words, you have to successfully complete certain missions to get the Dofus. All the old Dofus that are already in the game will most likely remain loot, but it’s possible that you’ll be able to get them as a result of quests later.
Exactly. This was posted in 2010. 2 years later no improvement. It should be changed.
0 0
XehanordHeartless|2012-07-04 12:38:48

Exactly. This was posted in 2010. 2 years later no improvement. It should be changed.
There have been no new Dofus implemented in the game.

All Dofuseses' that have been loot haven't been changed as they said.

It will be good to bring this topic back up to see if 'likely' and 'possible' have changed at all.

It is most likely safe to say, however, that whatever the quest might be, it will be a difficult one.
0 0
Electricotter|2012-07-04 12:47:53

It will be good to bring this topic back up to see if 'likely' and 'possible' have changed at all.

It is most likely safe to say, however, that whatever the quest might be, it will be a difficult one.
This suggestion got voted which means that this is infact a serious matter for players. Like Sylfaen said, it's possible that they will add a quest in the future.

As for the last line, 5500 are still too much. I would rather do the eternal harvest 10-20 times than run DP 5500 times.
0 0
Score : 80
XehanordHeartless|2012-07-04 13:02:57
Electricotter|2012-07-04 12:47:53

This suggestion got voted which means that this is infact a serious matter for players. Like Sylfaen said, it's possible that they will add a quest in the future.

As for the last line, 5500 are still too much. I would rather do the eternal harvest 10-20 times than run DP 5500 times.
5500 DP is just silly. If i were to run 100 DPs with a team of 8 alot of people would drop at least one dofus. 100DP for a dofus seems fair. Why? Well keys are not free. Dungeon runs take about 30min so 3000min of play time or 50h or a little over 2 days. is MORE then enough for a dofus. If 5500 DP runs was it would take 825,00 hours or 3437 days of straight play time making a turqs impossible to obtain. The math is here on why 100 DP runs is sufficent. Possibly 200 for a random turq roll. This doesnt even include the cost of keys..
0 0

It only takes 100 runs for a Turq in my suggestion.

I know people that have fought over 200 DPs and never gotten a Dofus.

0 0
Electricotter|2012-07-04 20:32:30

I have done more than 400 souls but still as it is now acquiring a dofus is way easier than with your suggestion. What we want to do is make the dofus be based on efford not make them harder to obtain.

Say there is an average group of 8 people

1. 200pp chance of droping is 0.1% without challs or 10 dofus per 10000 runs
2. 300pp chance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs
3. 300pp chance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs
4. 200pp chance of dropping is 0.1% without challs or 10 dofus per 10000 runs
5. 200pp chance of dropping is 0.1% without challs or 10 dofus per 10000 runs
6. 300pp chance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs
7. 300pp chance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs
8. 300ppchance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs

Or else a 1.05% chance of dropping a turq without a chest. This is about 100 souls on average. Less with challenges and chest. Just so we have something to compare.
0 0
Score : 3959

Yes but it takes 5500 runs, (AKA impossible) to obtain a +20.

XehanordHeartless|2012-07-04 22:02:12

I have done more than 400 souls but still as it is now acquiring a dofus is way easier than with your suggestion. What we want to do is make the dofus be based on efford not make them harder to obtain.

Say there is an average group of 8 people

1. 200pp chance of droping is 0.1% without challs or 10 dofus per 10000 runs
2. 300pp chance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs
3. 300pp chance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs
4. 200pp chance of dropping is 0.1% without challs or 10 dofus per 10000 runs
5. 200pp chance of dropping is 0.1% without challs or 10 dofus per 10000 runs
6. 300pp chance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs
7. 300pp chance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs
8. 300ppchance of dropping is 0.15% without challs or 15 dofus per 10000 runs

Or else a 1.05% chance of dropping a turq without a chest. This is about 100 souls on average. Less with challenges and chest. Just so we have something to compare.
Dont use such high number of runs as it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach those numbers of runs.
0 0
Score : 137

Accruing universal tokens from fighting boss monsters then exchanging these (at high volumes) with NPC's for dofuses is something I'd personally love to see. I've never actually bothered getting past step 2 of the ochre quest because I have 0 patience for quests in general, if they were obtainable via ice kamas or an equivalent I'd be much happier. Trawling merch's endlessly is not my idea of an experience worth paying for.

0 0
greekg|2012-07-04 23:59:13
Dont use such high number of runs as it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach those numbers of runs.

I was just refering to the probability of dropping one. What I wanted to prove is that an average dropping group like that has about 1% chance of dropping a turq per soul without challenges or chest. That means that the average number of runs needed to drop a turq with such a group is about 100.
0 0
Score : 2702

I don't think that making a quest that features a grind fest for tokens, or number of kills; would be the way to go. Turning in a Dofus to initiate a new quest for something that the populace feels should be a repeatable quest and having to do without a Dofus until the 'correct' amount is rolled; isn't the way to go either. These suggestions just feature more of the 'hack and slash your way to victory' as this is what people are doing right now for these Dofus.

People want it to be made easier to obtain these Dofus, not make it more of a grind to obtain them. A quest feature would be nice; but making it repeatable and having a turn in cost to start the next one just feels counter productive to me. If there is going to be a quest, it should have the feel of An Eternal Harvest, but without as many steps. My proposal would be more along the lines of this:

Talking to Fwed to begin the quest. He is looking to breed more docile versions of the Dragon Pig. He requests that you bring him 50 souls. Upon handing Fwed 50 souls, he gives you the Turquoise Dofus that he stole from one of the Dragon Pigs. He will give you a random roll from between +15 to +19. The Dofus is henceforth linked to the character/account. This quest can not be repeated; you get what you get and that's that.

How I see it, if you want the +20 version, you had best be ready to grind for it; if you don't drop it on your first roll. Doing the above quest which is fairly easy (people can buy souls, can farm them, trade for them), nets a player an average to above average Dofus for minimal effort overall. It can't flood the markets because it can't be sold or traded, so destroys the abuse that people fear from MC teams. But in the grand scheme of things, you get a Dofus; it has been made extremely easy to obtain.

Players can continue grinding Dragon Pigs for more Dofus, to get a better one, or for kamas for a lesser one; but they will always have just that one, that no one can take due to it being linked to the character/account. This can then be done for the Crimson and Emerald, again using a high average to just below max of the stated Dofus. Perfection has to come at a cost; that cost should be the grind it takes to get it. For the Vulbis; because there is no range, it would need to be significantly higher in terms of soul costs. Perhaps 100 souls, but still linked to the character/account. The only way to get a trade-able one would be to get lucky enough to drop it. This would prevent that MC abuse, and favors the SC overall. Makes more work for a MC, but with popular opinion being what it is; we will be able to drop the trade-able ones a lot more often....

1 0
discarder|2012-07-05 21:46:08
I don't think that making a quest that features a grind fest for tokens, or number of kills; would be the way to go. Turning in a Dofus to initiate a new quest for something that the populace feels should be a repeatable quest and having to do without a Dofus until the 'correct' amount is rolled; isn't the way to go either. These suggestions just feature more of the 'hack and slash your way to victory' as this is what people are doing right now for these Dofus.

People want it to be made easier to obtain these Dofus, not make it more of a grind to obtain them. A quest feature would be nice; but making it repeatable and having a turn in cost to start the next one just feels counter productive to me. If there is going to be a quest, it should have the feel of An Eternal Harvest, but without as many steps. My proposal would be more along the lines of this:

Talking to Fwed to begin the quest. He is looking to breed more docile versions of the Dragon Pig. He requests that you bring him 50 souls. Upon handing Fwed 50 souls, he gives you the Turquoise Dofus that he stole from one of the Dragon Pigs. He will give you a random roll from between +15 to +19. The Dofus is henceforth linked to the character/account. This quest can not be repeated; you get what you get and that's that.

How I see it, if you want the +20 version, you had best be ready to grind for it; if you don't drop it on your first roll. Doing the above quest which is fairly easy (people can buy souls, can farm them, trade for them), nets a player an average to above average Dofus for minimal effort overall. It can't flood the markets because it can't be sold or traded, so destroys the abuse that people fear from MC teams. But in the grand scheme of things, you get a Dofus; it has been made extremely easy to obtain.

Players can continue grinding Dragon Pigs for more Dofus, to get a better one, or for kamas for a lesser one; but they will always have just that one, that no one can take due to it being linked to the character/account. This can then be done for the Crimson and Emerald, again using a high average to just below max of the stated Dofus. Perfection has to come at a cost; that cost should be the grind it takes to get it. For the Vulbis; because there is no range, it would need to be significantly higher in terms of soul costs. Perhaps 100 souls, but still linked to the character/account. The only way to get a trade-able one would be to get lucky enough to drop it. This would prevent that MC abuse, and favors the SC overall. Makes more work for a MC, but with popular opinion being what it is; we will be able to drop the trade-able ones a lot more often....

We don't want to make dofus easier to obtain. As it is now they can be very easy to get or very hard. What we want to do is make the system more reliable. I like the concept of this Quest though.
0 0
Score : 87

I have a suggestion:

Lets use DragonPig as an example,
At the end of the dungeon Fwed will ask an ''optional task'' that goes along the lines of ''Can you cook my dragonpig?''
Basically Fwed wants you to SOLO kill a DP on its own (no xp, or drops) and cook it in different ways for him.
The difficulty of DP will adjust according to the characters level (but should be capped at..lets say lvl 100)
The first task he could set is something like ''BBQ skewered DragonPig'' which is a task that you have to kill DP using a bow only.
The second could be ''Drago steak slice'' which you must use only a sword/dagger to kill DP.
The third can be something like kill DP using spells only.
These are only challenge that just came out my head so there will be some flaws perhaps.
Once you complete all allocated tasks (lets say 15 different tasks) Fwed is willing to give you a Turq dofus. Lets say the first one you obtain will be in the range of 11-14 crit (random chance). To improve this by +1 crit you will have to do a further 5 ''optional task''. So for example you have obtained a 11crit turq and would like to get it to +20, you would need to do a further 45 more optional task.
A total of 60 tasks will be needed to gain a 20 turq if you have bad luck.
I don't currently have 60 different tasks in my head but some ideas I currently have is:
*Time based task e.g (Time attack 1: kill in less than 10 mins, Time attack 2: kill in less than 8 mins...etc..etc..)
*Turn based task e.g (Kill in an even turn, kill within x amount of turns)
*Spell/CC task e.g (Spell only, mono element spells only, certain type of cc only etc etc..)
*Map/movement task (Attack only when adjacent etc etc..)

This is just a brief summary and it seems I have not gotten into much detail, and there is still room for improvment but that's my idea.

0 0
Respond to this thread