FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dofus Obtaining System -- Topic of the Month (July)

By Nikto July 04, 2012, 00:25:07
Reactions 98
Score : 61
Poseidonstrident|2012-08-22 05:34:36
pirotekno|2012-08-20 15:46:09
The problem with quests is that multiclient teams can get 8 in 1 runthrough. While I believe multiclienters should be able to get things easier, that is a tad overkill. EternalHarvest isn't doable by multiclients 'cuz monsters aren't easy to find and only 1 char can soul. That being said, tokens or anything of the sort will not work. a # of dp/SO souls would be fair, however, absolutely no fun. it'd have to be a completly unique quest...
I pay 8x as much as you and I have 8x the expenses to gear my characters.
ACTUALLY... you pay half me, and have half the expenses to gear your characters wink (I run 16 active accounts, 2 full teams)
That being said, yeah, a team of 8 should get it way easier, but after you get your 1st dofuses, then the ability to farm 8 of them is just way too high profit, and would result in total over flood of that particular dofus. i think multiclienting is pretty good as it, and doesn't need much a change on power. EH is set up so you can't run like that, but dolomanx or w/e i will get a ton of all at once (however, that's not sellable)

What exactly is the problem with the current system for obtaining a dofus?
it's luck reliant. 1 person works their tail off and does hundreds of fights, gets nothing. a newcomer gets it on a random run his first time through. the work you put into has 0 impact on wether you get an egg or not.
What is the least amount of work you are wiling to put forth to obtain a dofus?
repetative grinding? near none. i hate it. however, if it's reasonable and not mindkilling, i'm all for something that takes ~20 hours of work to get (being the min)
What is the most amount of work you are willing to put forth for a PERFECT dofus?
grinding would be.. 50 runs+souls. otherwise, i'd say about as much as eternal harvest is (currently) but not just a knock off of it.
How much time would you consider putting into obtaining a dofus?
an hour a day for 3 weeks sounds appropriate.
What would the ramifications of disassociating obtaining a dofus from the PP system be?
would have 0 reason to do dragonpig? i like the ability to get it lucky, i hate it being requires.
What method of obtaining a dofus would appeal equally to the PvP and PvM players?
who cares? *against basing things on pvp* but really... i'd say something that has to do with the lore of the game. quests in this game suck because traveling sucks, but if it was an interactive quest that didn't require miles of running, but instead actually thinking and DOING things, it'd be good. doesn't necessarily have to KILL anything.
How would making a dofus easier to obtain effect gear? (Ogivol set?)
don't even MENTION that set.... i'm still fuming over the -mp... mainly a turq would mean you need less critical hits to be useful, a vulbis... is only really major in ogivol set... ochre is basically the thing to get 12ap, so people adjust their set to accomidate, and crimson... is just a thing to have and has no impact on equips.
0 0
Score : 3856

The current Dofus obtaining system needs changed in my opinion. If it were made into one where you obtain the desired dofus after a quest say story related it would actually be much better. Making the game that much more interesting after all the game is called Dofus and not so hard to get only the super rich have them.

The way it is now the efforts of the people to obtain a turq are basically going unrewarded. Experience isn't a sufficient reward and can be gotten else where so that's just a bonus the real reward if the dofus itself. So as it has already been said by other posters the efforts of any one willing to fight the dp should be rewarded and it should not take 50-100 souls or runs of the lair.

Each quest should be story related but like the Eternal Harvest quest just not as long. Making Dofuses obtainable for everyone and not just those that were lucky.

My suggestion is to make each quest based on the characters level, unrepeatable, and gives you a challenge that if you complete you while in battle you get a perfect turq and if you don't then you get one less than perfect but +10 crit hit minimum. Of course the challenge will be something like scanty, barbaric, contamination, or two for the price of one. Something that will make the fight that much more challenging

0 0
Score : 11138

There's been no feedback on this? It's obvious that the community believes that the system is flawed.

Btw, after 469 souls I dropped a 12 ch dofus. Nuff said.

0 0
Score : 2702

Ok, I know that this may be considered necromancy; but I hope that I will be forgiven in the long run.

I had an in-game conversation with a friend of mine concerning the Turqs, Crimsons, Emeralds, and Vulbis. I had the random thought of why isn't added into the Achievement System that we now have?

Looking at it in this perspective: We all have to redo the dungeons, none of that information was saved. But each dungeon now has 4 challenges, which upon completion of those 4 completes a 5th. Why can't the 5th achievement grant a player an account locked Dofus?

I was regarded to how easily spammed some of those dungeons are, and there are people who can do all of them in a single shot. I can agree that it is very easy to complete some of the challenges for some, and incredibly hard for others. But, then the argument goes from an idea to the war between SC's and MC's. In my mind, it would be a boon to every last SC that has tried and failed to drop a Turq to be able to get one. It would definitely be overpowering when a MC turns around and does it for giggles just to have 8 at once shot.

This creates the a problem just as fast as it solves one. Making it locked to the account eases some of the stress associated with it, but then the next problem is the actual size (bonus) of the Turq. I would aim it for a low roll, if not a flat out +11. I feel it is better to at least have one than it is not too. Especially considering how some walk into that fight never having done it, and walk out with a +20. Rare, but true. So a low rolled and locked Dofus would appease the *need* to have one, the way it is gathered doesn't make it too easy, nor too hard; and makes it impossible to spam (since achievements are a 1 shot deal).

If a player wants a better one, they would still have to resort to the grind like most people, or buy it like the other people. This way they would at least have one. But this is only good for some of the Dofus. Doing this to Vulbis would be equivalent to dropping Little Boy on the servers, they would be flooded as those challenges are not entirely hard to complete. I am truly unsure how to work with this particular Dofus because it has a static bonus while the rest have a ranged bonus. Perhaps excluding it from consideration would be best?

Places where the Dofus could go, in my opinion would be the respective end challenge of the bosses that can drop them. Turqs could go into Dragon Pig and Soft Oak. Crimsons could wind up in Minotoro and Minotot (since Minotoro is found in both fights). Emerald alongside Dark Vlad.

Just a randomly late thought. Still some feedback would be nice.

1 0
Score : 1216

I personally am still opposed to changing the dofus system, regardless of the means.

One major problem with the achievement route, is the fact that it would practically kill the dofus market for those lower turqs (assuming the reward is always a +11), seeing as anyone wanting to buy one, is more than likely going to be able to complete the challenges themselves. The other problem I have with this, is that some people only need a +11 to complete their set, while others need a +16, +18 etc. So while this isn't entirely luck based, it still doesn't fix the so-called "problem" everyone has been whining about for years.

Dofus' aren't supposed to be some normal piece of equipment that everyone and their mother has equipped, especially not the vulbis dofus. So to make it so laughably easy to acquire by literally anyone quite honestly pisses me off. Life isn't fair, some people get it on their first one, some don't drop one in their first thousand runs, but that doesn't mean that we should change the system. People don't get handed a CEO job at a major corporation paying millions of dollars a year, they work their way up, and while some people may have an easier time doing that for whatever reasons (luck), they still had to do the same journey.

And before anyone goes on a rant about "you know how aggravating it is to do hundreds of runs, and not drop a single one?" I've done nearly 100 runs without any luck so far, certainly without lack of challenges or pp, and with nearly 50 runs and 80 souls ahead of me in the next few weeks, perhaps I'll finally see my long sought after dofus. But if I don't, I'm not going to look for the system to be changed, I'll pick myself up again, and start the grind again; like how it should be.

Anywho, enough of my ranting, the point is: luck is an element of life, and an element of dofus. I don't believe that taking out any semblance of randomness left in this game will benefit anything, regardless of how hard people struggle to get them.

0 0
Score : 13424
discarder|2012-12-26 16:51:06
Ok, I know that this may be considered necromancy; but I hope that I will be forgiven in the long run.

I had an in-game conversation with a friend of mine concerning the Turqs, Crimsons, Emeralds, and Vulbis. I had the random thought of why isn't added into the Achievement System that we now have?

Looking at it in this perspective: We all have to redo the dungeons, none of that information was saved. But each dungeon now has 4 challenges, which upon completion of those 4 completes a 5th. Why can't the 5th achievement grant a player an account locked Dofus?

I was regarded to how easily spammed some of those dungeons are, and there are people who can do all of them in a single shot. I can agree that it is very easy to complete some of the challenges for some, and incredibly hard for others. But, then the argument goes from an idea to the war between SC's and MC's. In my mind, it would be a boon to every last SC that has tried and failed to drop a Turq to be able to get one. It would definitely be overpowering when a MC turns around and does it for giggles just to have 8 at once shot.

This creates the a problem just as fast as it solves one. Making it locked to the account eases some of the stress associated with it, but then the next problem is the actual size (bonus) of the Turq. I would aim it for a low roll, if not a flat out +11. I feel it is better to at least have one than it is not too. Especially considering how some walk into that fight never having done it, and walk out with a +20. Rare, but true. So a low rolled and locked Dofus would appease the *need* to have one, the way it is gathered doesn't make it too easy, nor too hard; and makes it impossible to spam (since achievements are a 1 shot deal).

If a player wants a better one, they would still have to resort to the grind like most people, or buy it like the other people. This way they would at least have one. But this is only good for some of the Dofus. Doing this to Vulbis would be equivalent to dropping Little Boy on the servers, they would be flooded as those challenges are not entirely hard to complete. I am truly unsure how to work with this particular Dofus because it has a static bonus while the rest have a ranged bonus. Perhaps excluding it from consideration would be best?

Places where the Dofus could go, in my opinion would be the respective end challenge of the bosses that can drop them. Turqs could go into Dragon Pig and Soft Oak. Crimsons could wind up in Minotoro and Minotot (since Minotoro is found in both fights). Emerald alongside Dark Vlad.

Just a randomly late thought. Still some feedback would be nice.
So how about for the ones that have multiple dungeons that drop them, the harder one gives a medium roll. (ex. Dragon Pig achievements would give a +11, Soft Oak, a +14) Still account locked on these of course.
0 0
Score : 1890

I like the quest obtaining idea to be honest!
Also I'd like to see a Dofus market, like we used to have on the Test Server in the Duty Free zone, but hey, that's just me! (and this is crazy so here's.. okay nvm) ph34r

-Yen.

EDIT: Also I like Brakmarian-roses- idea.. as in, you can get a Dofus with random stats, but you can only get it once by the achievement system, after that, if you want another one you just have to drop it like we used to.

0 0
Score : 2702

To me it really doesn't matter. I am fine spending hours on end trying to drop one. I rather enjoyed (yes I loathe you Ankama for the ADDS for this dungeon) doing Dragon Pig. So it's all fine by me.

Coming from the SC's point of view, this might be a great boon; as they can actually get one rather easily (when compared to the average time spent running the dungeon and doing the souls). That's the upside of it. The downside of it would be that it is locked to the account. It needs this kind of restriction; or the already powerful MC's will just flood the field; yet again.

I say to keep the rolls on the low side; be it for Dragon Pig, or Soft Oak, Minotoro, or the Minotoro and Minotot combo. The reason why is this: a player (SC & MC alike) are getting one guaranteed. No questions asked. Not a whole lot of effort or luck involved. Very little work involved. It becomes a case of "I want one, I can now get one in a couple of runs". If a player wants a better one; well then they will just have to suffer through the grind.

0 0
Score : 1216
discarder|2012-12-27 19:27:45
I say to keep the rolls on the low side; be it for Dragon Pig, or Soft Oak, Minotoro, or the Minotoro and Minotot combo. The reason why is this: a player (SC & MC alike) are getting one guaranteed. No questions asked. Not a whole lot of effort or luck involved. Very little work involved. It becomes a case of "I want one, I can now get one in a couple of runs". If a player wants a better one; well then they will just have to suffer through the grind.
This won't fix the so-called problem then. Very few sets need an 11 turq, unless you're agi or have a 1/40 weapon. Therefore this will only pander to that section of the community, meaning we either A. need to scrap the idea in total to make it fair throughout the builds (which I'm in favor of), or B. make getting a perfect an available option for people (without the spam of the dungeon), which I think is preposterous.
0 0
Score : 1815

11 crits is far too powerful for "I want one, I can now get one in a couple of runs." I'd be okay with a baby turq that gave 4 crits and couldn't be used in conjunction with a normal turq as a reward for the final dragon pig achievement, but anything more is way too much.

What about an achievement for killing a special version of DP 100 times that had an 11 crit turq as a reward? The special version couldn't drop a turq. This would give you the option of trying your luck on the normal version, or playing it safe and working toward a guaranteed outcome. Turq dofuses are rare and they need to stay that way. What would be the point of crits if everyone was 1/2? 

1 0
Score : 3959
SiberianCreeper|2012-12-28 00:46:52
11 crits is far too powerful for "I want one, I can now get one in a couple of runs." I'd be okay with a baby turq that gave 4 crits and couldn't be used in conjunction with a normal turq as a reward for the final dragon pig achievement, but anything more is way too much.

What about an achievement for killing a special version of DP 100 times that had an 11 crit turq as a reward? The special version couldn't drop a turq. This would give you the option of trying your luck on the normal version, or playing it safe and working toward a guaranteed outcome. Turq dofuses are rare and they need to stay that way. What would be the point of crits if everyone was 1/2?
Everyone is already 1/2. Just want some of the lower players to maybe be 1/2 too.
0 0
Score : 1890
greekg|2012-12-28 19:33:33

Everyone is already 1/2. Just want some of the lower players to maybe be 1/2 too.
Im not 1/2 and I don't really see it as a must have (to be 1/2) either.

-Yen.
0 0
Score : 6477

I also don't care about being 1/2 either.

For me getting a Turq is more of a 'completionist' thing.

0 0
Score : 6
wonderous-yenthe|2012-12-28 23:34:24
greekg|2012-12-28 19:33:33

Im not 1/2 and I don't really see it as a must have (to be 1/2) either.

-Yen.
Your not in the 19x yet. Wait till high 19x and you will see everyone as 1/2.
0 0
Score : 976
Spartan-Apples|2012-12-29 23:52:25
Your not in the 19x yet. Wait till high 19x and you will see everyone as 1/2.
Whether or not other people are 1/2 isn't that important. I don't place importance on 1/2 either, unless it is for my weapon. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.
0 0
Score : 1815

Preference aside, it is fact that critical hits are more powerful than normal ones.

0 0
Score : 4089
SiberianCreeper|2012-12-30 10:39:05
Preference aside, it is fact that critical hits are more powerful than normal ones.
Except when you wear the new sets with -crit damage. My crits can hit up to 100 less than my normal hits depending on what I use...
0 0
Score : 3959
Giga-Biga-Bowser|2012-12-30 11:30:51
Except when you wear the new sets with -crit damage. My crits can hit up to 100 less than my normal hits depending on what I use...
Mkk you keep using that set. The point is 1/2 is pretty common for all endgameplayers, stop picking on technicalities and just agree that 1/2 is alot more powerful than someone who is not 1/2. Your set might be more powerful when you dont crit but if you were 1/2 in a different set you would do ALOT more damage then you currently do.
0 0
Score : 4089
greekg|2012-12-30 17:48:36
Giga-Biga-Bowser|2012-12-30 11:30:51
Mkk you keep using that set. The point is 1/2 is pretty common for all endgameplayers, stop picking on technicalities and just agree that 1/2 is alot more powerful than someone who is not 1/2. Your set might be more powerful when you dont crit but if you were 1/2 in a different set you would do ALOT more damage then you currently do.
No, I know, I hit as much as anyone else non-crit. I see no point in this set when I get a Turq, not even better than the other sets AND it comes with penalties; That's what I'm pointing out.

Just the best Int/Cha set out there and it won't even let you crit decently. Nevark is the same and it's completely out-done by Fuji. Both are harder to craft than anything else in the game, yet come with penalties. I fail to see the logic.

I think this argument/topic belongs somewhere else.
0 0
Respond to this thread