FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Improving the New Dungeon System--Topic of the Month (August)

By Electricotter - MEMBER OF THE ZENITH - August 01, 2012, 22:12:52
Reactions 28
Score : 6477

Thank you very much for your input to my questions thus far.

I appreciate any feedback, but at this point I would really like to see more focused feedback on the 4 specific points I mentioned in my last post.

Thank you very much for your time and contributions.

0 0
Score : 401

Are there any other souls / Area's of comparison i can give you? the prices for Rosal alone should highlight the difference you wanted on 4man vs 8man profitability, at least on the souls value, and while i cant provide screenshots (im now f2p untill the soul market sorts out what the hell is going on - i cant afford kama anymore to p2p) - i'll try and get you the data from Rosal if you want it.

0 0
Score : 6477

You have been rather helpful in this matter and I appreciate it greatly.

I am hoping for similar feedback from maybe 1 or 2 more servers.
(In terms of souls.)

A couple more players feedback on the other points, regardless of server, would also be good.

0 0
Score : 41

Hi, my name's Hakuna. I will give a feeedback about Spiritia, Brazilian Server.

• Has the new system changed accessibility of dungeons? If so, how?
Yes, they are more accessible to groups of a few players and only one player. They were relatively easier and faster.
  • Are there any changes for full teams, i.e. 8 character teams?
Hardly, people are seeking alternatives to gain experience. The population of our server is small and usually composed of students and workers, no time nor enough people to form large groups.
  • How has this new system impacted group composition?
The groups of end-game dungeons remain the same. However, the dungeons mid / low level are without the need for specific classes of support.
  • In what ways, if any, does the new class design model (removal of set roles for a more broad coverage/class)exhibit synergy or dysergy with this system?
Do not quite understand the question. But regarding the utility of each class, I will use the example as Gob Dungeon: Even in small groups, people always seek to have AoE damage, the more the better. The dungeon is completed faster, use AoE's good she gets even faster, thus classes as my Enutrof low level are neglected. :/
  • What are the pros and cons of the new system in general?
Pros: It's easier to do the dungeons with small groups. It is easier to make groups less composition (in the sense of quality and not quantity) and still finish the dungeons.
Cons: I thought the part about the profit was much worse. (When playing solo) I do not get the same experience more, not I capture the soul, not collect the same resources. There is more attractive to me, since I play primarily alone.
  • Do these pros and cons apply equally to low through end game dungeons?
I can not speak for myself. Since everything we've been here my friends who spoke. But I think the low level dungeons suffered more.

I think they could improve our experience in the game leaving us choose if we use the current system or the old.
0 0
Score : 960

Quite frankly some dungeons should have been left the hell alone. Has anyone tried leveling hunter in the tofu or gobball dungeon recently? If you're lucky, you'll finish tofu dungeon with 10 bird meat. Gobball dungeon is worthless to farm for meats until you're level 20-40 hunter and can get meats from more of them. The haloween event exacerbates this problem making it impossible to level hunter by hunting outside of the dungeons. So for the tofu and gobball dungeon, I suggest creating a 2nd 'mode' for them that allows players to run the full 8 monster dungeon for 1/2 the experience gain, while keeping it a 4 loot dungeon. An additional change is to make it so that meats are exempt from the loot limits, this way a hunter CAN get the full 8 meats from dungeons.

0 0
Score : 41
Digitized|2012-11-06 16:24:58
Quite frankly some dungeons should have been left the hell alone. Has anyone tried leveling hunter in the tofu or gobball dungeon recently? If you're lucky, you'll finish tofu dungeon with 10 bird meat. Gobball dungeon is worthless to farm for meats until you're level 20-40 hunter and can get meats from more of them. The haloween event exacerbates this problem making it impossible to level hunter by hunting outside of the dungeons. So for the tofu and gobball dungeon, I suggest creating a 2nd 'mode' for them that allows players to run the full 8 monster dungeon for 1/2 the experience gain, while keeping it a 4 loot dungeon. An additional change is to make it so that meats are exempt from the loot limits, this way a hunter CAN get the full 8 meats from dungeons.
Room 2 on Tofu Dungeon has an endless Spawn of Tofus. But again, uou lose the profit that you can make with resources and drops that you get from running the complete dungeon. That update really hurted me too.
0 0
Score : 960
HuKuNaBr|2012-11-06 17:55:01
Digitized|2012-11-06 16:24:58
Room 2 on Tofu Dungeon has an endless Spawn of Tofus. But again, uou lose the profit that you can make with resources and drops that you get from running the complete dungeon. That update really hurted me too.
Yea, at one. teeny. tiny. ball. of. chicken. flesh. at a time. It wasnt so bad when they had 1 to EIGHT tofus in that room. Now, there's the basement in the tofu dungeon as well, but that's pretty bad as well. But even so, the lack of numbers for mobs in those two dungeons (and later on the kwakwa dungeon), is a loss of profit no matter what.
0 0
Score : 2

I believe it has helped in higher level dungeons to increase speed and still maintain good experience but I believed it has nerfed lower level dungeons. I believe that to get 8 players for a lower level dungeon is much more inconvient. I would suggest that you implement system on 100+ level dungeons.

0 0
Score : 1216

This seriously needs to be amended.

I, as well as several other end game teams that I've talked to, find that the current 8 team system for end-game dungeons has dramatically swayed us from running said dungeons.

Not only do the fights take far too long - taking away enjoyment of the game (no one wants to be in the same PvM fight for 20 minutes for no reason), but the increase in monsters is completely unnecessary.

These fights have, and never will be, hard. However the sheer amount of time it takes discourages people from running them, and personally has brought me one step closer to saying goodbye to dofus once and for all.

I'm speaking up about this now due to the soon-to-be CC nerf, which is - even with it's hp reduction - going to slow down fights significantly. So combined with the current 8v8 PvM will make dungeons unbearable.

I would honestly like to see the first 4 rooms of all dungeons revert back to the previous days (as all teams SHOULD be able to handle them, from 4 to 8) and just have the final room be influenced by the size of the player group. This will help reduce times, and breath life back into the end game dungeon system, which (again, as far as I and the people I've talked to are concerned) has long been tedious and boring.

0 0
Respond to this thread