FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums
Score : 1673

Ecaflip Balancing

By Frunupulax August 13, 2012, 10:48:31
Reactions 495
Score : 17
Frunupulax|2012-08-18 19:13:49
Do you int Ecas out there find the spell useful for healing?

As a pure Int build, All or nothing and Felinition are my main healing spells. I use Heads or Tails rarely and would use it more often if it had a better healing aspect without plus heals.
Score : 1834
gameproIII|2012-08-19 10:46:43
Do you int Ecas out there find the spell useful for healing?

As a pure Int build, All or nothing and Felinition are my main healing spells. I use Heads or Tails rarely and would use it more often if it had a better healing aspect without plus heals.
While my Int Eca is a much lower level, I'd have to agree here. I usually only use Heads or Tails when I can't get to someone with Felintion or I think they won't make it until All or Nothing kicks in.
Score : 2573
Perhaps HOT should just not heal enemies and only heal allies... Since there is no switching from sacrifice, there isn't too much of a need to hit allies. A buff to the spell wouldn't be too bad.. it looks rather weak compared to all other eca spells.
Score : 164
There are more ways to implement luck instead of just being lucky. In my opinion spells like feline spirit, wheel of fortune and rekop are perfect for ecaflips.
I you are lucky you can attack an enemy again(the damage is nice), but otherwise feline spirit will give its negative effect, making this spell a luck spell but also a tactic spell wich involves guessing your enemies tactics.
Wheel of fortune gives nice %damage but it will hit you after some turns, making this a risky spell but still reliable.
Rekop is random as its effect is activated after a random number of turns, but it increases the damage for ecery turn.
If more spells of Ecaflips have both a positive side and a negative side, you have to choose wisely if the damage or buff is worth the risk.

I think this is the way how 'randomness' n dofus should work, as it is a tactical game.

An overhaul to critical hits could also help this.
One of my ideas is making a crit meter wich you fill by completing simple 'random' challenges every turn. This way you can still make a set or character focused on critical hits but without the whole 'I can win as long as I crit' thing.
SniperViper|2012-08-19 20:33:42
Perhaps HOT should just not heal enemies and only heal allies... Since there is no switching from sacrifice, there isn't too much of a need to hit allies. A buff to the spell wouldn't be too bad.. it looks rather weak compared to all other eca spells.
I can still think of a couple of situations where I'd want my Heads or Tails healing to count as an attack. Moreover, if this is implemented, I'd like to see the Ecaflip himself not counted as an enemy like he currently is.
Score : 2
  • Gambling and a reliance on luck is what's supposed to define the Ecaflip. How well does this background translate into gameplay? Do you think the spells should be more or less luck-based?

[blockquote] Currently the critical hit system is fail. Ecaflips NEED to be 1/2 it's not a choice. The ecaflip at every levels is IMO weaker then the other classes, and the only people that are happy about this class are high level people abusing the critical effects. Without major changes to core systems I believe Dofus can't achieve the gameplay it deserves. Let me give few exemples : Jobs, Monsters area, groups of monster in an area should not be able to be under or over X-Y lvl, with solo areas (totally can't play this game solo, it's anti-solo in every way) and items, mostly early items need changes, not just new items that no one crafts and costs infinite money. This is not what has been asked but I couldn't repeat it enough times. It's okay for the spells to be luck based, as long as it benefits the caster and or it's team in every way. That's the purpose of a spell.

[/blockquote]
  • How does the Ecaflip compare to other classes in PvM? How about PvP? Are they a valuable team member?

[blockquote] Weaker, less useful. Does not have a real role besides [average] damage dealer and luck-NEEDING character. More equipment dependant.

[/blockquote]
  • Do Ecaflips have abilities that are underused? Why do you think these are not used more often?

[blockquote] Bluff, All or nothing, Summoning claw, Smell, Reflex, Rekop. Most of the spells needs to be more versatile.

[/blockquote]
  • Do Ecaflips have abilities that are broken or overpowered? What makes them broken?

[blockquote] Lengths of effects from criticals, then again remove that and the Ecaflip is left with pretty much nothing.

[/blockquote]
  • What do you think about the elemental diversity of the class? Are the different builds balanced?

[blockquote] No, there is nothing balanced about dofus. [/blockquote]
Score : 92
Ecaflips need repercussion to end at the end of their turn so their not ignored or automatically said gg before their turn starts, especially in kolossium so they dont just go past the eca and hit the other ally knowing the eca can do some damage before he dies or even survive
Score : 5
I think that FoE Definitely needs to be nurfed, especially when they can get me down to 2MP do large push back, then jump merrily to the other side of the map with Felines leap. A possibility would to make it an effect that lasts on the character like a poison which is dodgable rather than 100% -1mp but the poison effect would last 8 turns(Like a prolonged Paralizing trap effect that only does -1mp). Also the fact that a level 5 FoE is 1/25 base is unbelievably overpowered as it doesn't take that much to get it down to 1/2 with Clover giving 10 Crits. I play as a Sac and I can barely touch an Ecaflip once it starts to use FoE+Felines leap.
Score : 484
dylan-sos|2012-08-25 23:39:36
I think that FoE Definitely needs to be nurfed, especially when they can get me down to 2MP do large push back, then jump merrily to the other side of the map with Felines leap. A possibility would to make it an effect that lasts on the character like a poison which is dodgable rather than 100% -1mp but the poison effect would last 8 turns(Like a prolonged Paralizing trap effect that only does -1mp). Also the fact that a level 5 FoE is 1/25 base is unbelievably overpowered as it doesn't take that much to get it down to 1/2 with Clover giving 10 Crits. I play as a Sac and I can barely touch an Ecaflip once it starts to use FoE+Felines leap.

Congratulations for finding the class tht has an advantage over sacriers

Being more serious FoE fits the class and if you want to beat ecaflip tht does foe spam ftw, you should invest making yourself stronger at range
allisama|2012-08-25 23:07:37
Ecaflips need repercussion to end at the end of their turn so their not ignored or automatically said gg before their turn starts, especially in kolossium so they dont just go past the eca and hit the other ally knowing the eca can do some damage before he dies or even survive
While I think it would be nice to have one more turn with the Vitality buff active from Repercussion, this is actually more of a function of how spells with durations function. If a spell has a duration measured in rounds, a round is defined as over when the caster's turn begins. Clover and Wheel of Fortune work similarly, as does a Iop's buffs, a Cra's buffs, a Sadida's Soothing Bramble and Sylvan power, a Feca's shields and glyphs, and all poison effects as well.

So while one more turn of Repercussion would be nice, it would require a complete overhaul of how spell durations are measured, so it probably won't happen. =/
Score : 7
Am I the only one who actually enjoys the risk that ecas have involved with every move they use? This is the way that the class was designed. It was meant to be a change from the delicately planned strategies that every other class (should) use. Ecaflips are one of the most fun classes in my opinion, and I'm sure there are others that agree.
Score : 17
Another spell I would like to see changed is the kitten summon. I think it either needs a more consistent damage or healing ratio, or higher vitality. It is a great summon especially with the -dodge it gives to enemies, but with only about 300-450 vitality at lvl 6, it dies way too often. The cooldown on it is a tad too long as well. Changing any aspect of it whether it is the vitality, cooldown, or damage ratio would make it a more balanced summon.
Score : 3879
thenewguy|2012-08-26 01:04:30

Being more serious FoE fits the class and if you want to beat ecaflip tht does foe spam ftw, you should invest making yourself stronger at range
No. Claw of cengal and FoE are both very powerful spells. It should be a 4 turn duration not 8. 8 is far too much.

gameproIII|2012-09-03 18:06:34
Another spell I would like to see changed is the kitten summon. I think it either needs a more consistent damage or healing ratio, or higher vitality. It is a great summon especially with the -dodge it gives to enemies, but with only about 300-450 vitality at lvl 6, it dies way too often. The cooldown on it is a tad too long as well. Changing any aspect of it whether it is the vitality, cooldown, or damage ratio would make it a more balanced summon.
It is a useless summon now adays. I remember back in 1.27 I used wheel of fortune on the cat and sent him in and he K.Od the person attacking me wink The eca class is a VERY fun one.

I agree to a buff towards the cute little guy wink 
Score : 3504
greekg|2012-09-03 19:02:38
thenewguy|2012-08-26 01:04:30

No. Claw of cengal and FoE are both very powerful spells. It should be a 4 turn duration not 8. 8 is far too much.

gameproIII|2012-09-03 18:06:34
It is a useless summon now adays. I remember back in 1.27 I used wheel of fortune on the cat and sent him in and he K.Od the person attacking me wink The eca class is a VERY fun one.

I agree to a buff towards the cute little guy wink
The spells should be 4 turns, however the cat should not be buffed. I see it deal 250-500 damage normally. If anything then reduce its MP and increase its health, but that's kind of counter intuitive to the fact that it's a cat.
Score : 6
I think the cha/agi res should be as good as the others ;P
Score : 10
Most of what i've seen here is people bitching about how weak Heads or Tails is ... As a Vit/Str eca (4.5k hp 7XX Str/power combined , I find heads or tails does low minimum damage but can do insane maximum damage at the same time with wheel of fortune on, if you went for a build with 1-1.1k str/power then wheel of fortune on top you could pull off over 400 max damage easily with HoT ... as even my set allows me to hit high 300's with it.. Heres a list of my dmg spells w/ brokle used

Negaflip casts Playful Claw. Critical hit!Poutch Ingball: -546 HP.
Negaflip casts Felintion. Critical hit!Poutch Ingball: -475 HP.Negaflip: +237 HP.
Negaflip casts Fate of Ecaflip. Critical hit!Poutch Ingball: -1056 (939 + 117) HP.Poutch Ingball: -1 MP (8 turns)

Negaflip casts Claw of Ceangal. Critical hit!Poutch Ingball: -1 AP (8 turns)Poutch Ingball: -585 HP.

Negaflip casts Heads or Tails. Critical hit!Poutch Ingball: -363 HP.Poutch Ingball: +18 HP.

I'm not entirely sure how you can say these spells are too weak really, because if they change the power, they'll change the ap or the range or something and just totally screw the spells altogether. Remember, this is from an eca with 4.5k hp and based on vit + mishish staff wink I don't think thats weak damage considering my strength, so stop whining about the minimum damage and focus on the effects these spells have and the damage that can be done, because you could do an extra 10% + on these if you were full strength.
Score : 85
4 turns to ceangal and fate of ecaflip is..silly (lack of a better word) they are both 1-1 spells and NEED a critical. And any Ecaflip knows all about how reliable 1/2 is. I will go and say that rough tounge can be cut to maybe 6 turns, due to the fact that it can be casted at range. Other than that, 8 turns if fair since you need 1-1 and a crit imo.

Also please dont change my kitty summon, with the new range nerf..ecas will need that cat to catch cras and hurt them.
Score : 3504
knutsnuts|2012-09-04 17:40:28
4 turns to ceangal and fate of ecaflip is..silly (lack of a better word) they are both 1-1 spells and NEED a critical. And any Ecaflip knows all about how reliable 1/2 is. I will go and say that rough tounge can be cut to maybe 6 turns, due to the fact that it can be casted at range. Other than that, 8 turns if fair since you need 1-1 and a crit imo.

Also please dont change my kitty summon, with the new range nerf..ecas will need that cat to catch cras and hurt them.
1ap stolen for 4 turns is still hell of a lot... And the Ecaflip spells are outdated. You used to be able to unbewitch them, but then the unbewitchment spells got changed but the Ecaflip spells remained the same.
Score : 430
kakisuka|2012-09-04 18:40:09
knutsnuts|2012-09-04 17:40:28

1ap stolen for 4 turns is still hell of a lot... And the Ecaflip spells are outdated. You used to be able to unbewitch them, but then the unbewitchment spells got changed but the Ecaflip spells remained the same.
I wouldn't classify -1 ap for 8 turns is a massive amount , considering xelors can constantly keep you at low ap for far longer , wearing you down to nothing, the accumulation limit was changed to 3 rather then infinite , it is way less severe then it once was, its also critical hit reliant.
Score : 271
I'd be interested to hear what use other builds get out of it - pure str Ecas can surely get high amounts of str and earth damage with low heals. Do you think it's a good damage spell (surely it is unique in its long range).
I'm 75% str 25%agi, lvl 200 Eca. I use HoT in most of my fights. My usual damage range is 250ish per hit, so clearly I find this spell very useful. I often find myself with 11 ap (after the use of my very safe level 2 smell) and so this leaves me with 2 of my main hits (CoC, Playful or Rekop) which I then follow up with HoT. I think in general the damage for the ap is pretty good, but not OP.

I rarely PvP so can't comment on this area, but use Rekop a lot in my PvM game. It does require some tactics (but then this is a strategy game) in deciding what target to hit. If you randomly cast it on an enemy that will be dead next turn anyway, then it's pointless, but I tend to target the enemies with higher hp and with the ability to stack several rekops before damage is taken, I usually hit between 1k to 2k. In general i'm pretty satisfied with my spells.

In my opinion, the useless spells are feline spirit (same reasons as everyone else) and repercussion (have not once found a use for the hp buff as it runs out so fast). I would suggest that summoning claw needs some attention. It's a kind of fun idea, especially as it is a luck based summon, but it seems pretty useless after lvl 100. It would be great to have a reason to use it, but it always dies so fast it's a waste of ap as it is.
Respond to this thread