FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

PvP and the Community

By Private-Prinny - SUBSCRIBER - August 20, 2012, 16:27:27
Reactions 46
Score : 7815

Smack talk is a mind-set problem, not a Dofus problem. A rather large portion of the current gamer generation is under the impressions smack talk is the way to go. Short of muting everyone or turning off chat, there's no real way of avoiding it

0 0
Score : 480

yes people that is obvious. lol Note the wink xD

0 0
Score : 2952

It's not the smack talk i have an issue with, its the egos,the elitism,the team killing and the fact everyone blames everyone else but themselves for their own screw-ups.

Pvp may be the place where elitism fits in,but its still a very undesirable aspect.

0 0
Score : 569

Hello there, I am very glad that there is a thread for this as I do enjoy PvP.
I will try to awnser each of your questions in kind as listed above.

Accessibility: I think kollosseum is THE step to make, I would far prefer ALL pvp to be conducted outside of the "normal" realm of 12 via queues.

IE: 1v1 Queue, 3v3 solo queue (1 person wishing to be queued with 5 other solo queuers) 3v3 premade teams (teams of exactly 3 per side) and a tweak to the AvA system which i will touch on in my one wish. Also this "selection" of queue type would mean players are "CHOSING" to go it alone, they don't MIND that they might get queued with non-english speaking players. And subsequently I think the solo queue rewards (1v1 and solo 3's) should be the greatest.

Balancing: firstly I love dofus, it's a great game. Secondly: Ankamas frequency of class updates is pretty poor. even 3 monthly updates would be welcome, we seem to get total OVERHAULS every 6 months+ that's not what we need, we need balancing in a higher frequency and more appropriatley rather than taking a hammer and chisel to a class and working it over almost entirely every time. It is due to my opinion on this matter I do not feel I can awnser your question fairly, sorry.

Compensation: I do feel there could be more unique ornaments, the introduction of petsmount and new kolotoken reward system (higher value) has remedied any issues I had with the current system.
Nuggets also being available for AvA;ers is nice too. With the addition of new rewards regularly to both reward systems I think ankama are on to a winner.

Which type of pvp appeals to me most: 3v3 Its fast, its fun, its kollosseum.

One thing i would change: Queue for AvA fights, KOTH is terrible It couldn't be any worse in my eyes. 0 skill, 0 fun, now very unvaluable rewards due to easily abused system. A proper 3 team fight (5+ per side) giving each guild an hour to prepare who will be in which team defending which area in a kollosseumesque fight (stil using the time of vulnerability and weakened fight state system) would be far funner. The system would work exactly the same however only those selected players would be able to participate in the AvA battle.
However I realise this is unlikley to happen and am happy to leave AvA to the people who enjoy it.

Thanks again for posting it.
Here's to inter kollo and hopefully a stunning set of ornaments and achieves for pvp'ers in 2014!

1 0
Score : 202

the grid spawns enemy's too close together now, more than half the time I attack somebody the map creates the red and blue squares clustered together, which is very unfair for long range classes that are really only efficient starting at mid range, I think the red and blue squares need to be more spread out like before when people would be switching around constantly trying to get the best strategic location, idk why ankama would want to make pvp easier for close range considering their damage and locking potential, just seems unfair to me.

0 0
Score : 1088

I would love to share an idea that i believe will hugely balance 5v5 PvP. makign a +2ap Limit from spells on all classes, this will stop the abuse of Eniripsa, Xelor, Osa teams. just those 3 alone, create an 16-18 ap team who steals and reduces their enemies ap. throw a feca in there to Shield and fraction everyone, while placeing ap reduction glyphs... 16-18 ap team , vs 12 ap team who also loses around 4-5 ap on each character ends up being a 16-18ap team vs 7-8 ap team.... (depending on if its 3v3 or 5v5) .

0 0
Score : 1601
Jinxsterr|2014-05-19 23:36:57
I would love to share an idea that i believe will hugely balance 5v5 PvP. makign a +2ap Limit from spells on all classes, this will stop the abuse of Eniripsa, Xelor, Osa teams. just those 3 alone, create an 16-18 ap team who steals and reduces their enemies ap. throw a feca in there to Shield and fraction everyone, while placeing ap reduction glyphs... 16-18 ap team , vs 12 ap team who also loses around 4-5 ap on each character ends up being a 16-18ap team vs 7-8 ap team.... (depending on if its 3v3 or 5v5) .
So how does precipitation fit into that 2ap limit?
0 0
Respond to this thread