FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Profession Systems Evolution

By MsBellOberon September 26, 2012, 19:30:59
Reactions 48
Score : 4476

Keep the limit per character then, but still make the professions linked to the account for better utilizing profession runes. If anything that should increase player to player interaction since hopefully people will be able to find crafters easier.

0 0
Score : 5640

I'm thinking about coming back to Dofus since I left last year. I still don't have a computer that can run the game, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten the World of 12!

September of last year Lichen took feedback from the community and the #1 concern for me (and, apparently, other players) was imbalance between Farmers/Bakers and all other consumables professions. The devs mentioned in passing that they wanted to revise these recipes, but...

... has anything happened with that? I don't see anything about changes to the consumables professions in any of the change-logs and I'd love to see something happen.

0 0
Score : 4519

The Zenith has not received any update from developers on their plans to balance food recipes.

0 0
Score : 26

Wasn't sure whether this should be in suggestions or in here, sorry if i decided wrongly, but here we go.

- Dofus to take on the Wakfu way of professions, which is for all of them to be obtainable on one character (Thats how i remember it anyway)

- Maging proffessions to maintain the same %success rate from level 1 to level 100, the deciding factor on what level magus you go for is that a magus can only mage an item of no more than double its magus level. With the current system a anything other than a lvl 100 magus is just not needed.

- Recipe balances

- Thought put into what proffessions complement eachother, and build them relationships,

Farmer/Baker,
Hunter/Butcher,
Fisherman/Fishmonger etc etc,

While those listed go really well, some don't have as much use as others. And honestly, how many people made fisherman that wasn't for the reason to hope for rare fish.. I think this needs some attention.

Professions i believe need attention the most:

- Fisherman

For the reason made above and also because it has no crafts

- All Magus'

For the reason made above

- LumberJack

The crafts of a lumberJack are all (in most part) 1 slot, resulting in 0 xp from them, making it more difficult than the rest to level (minus Fisherman)

0 0
Score : 1226

Seriously, either let lumberjack and fisherman gather faster or let their crafts actually give a decent amount of exp for 1 slot :/

0 0
Score : 3684

On Spiritia, hunters can make several mks on the almanax, but it is just this. One day of the year as far as I remember. I still use it because i got too lazy to go grind some breads with my farmer, but seriously, they need something else to be important by besides pet food.

0 0
vagabaka|2014-09-20 22:58:37
The Zenith has not received any update from developers on their plans to balance food recipes.

It's been over a year since the devs queried the player-base about what they want fixed in the game, and the #1 voted issue still hasn't received any attention? That's really astonishing. So long, Dofus.
0 0
Score : 4519

The promise of "Dev Query", which took place last year, was that developers would answer several questions from our community, which they did. It was not that they would implement the suggestions given in the questions, or even provide a timeline for implementing them. While developers agreed that there need to be changes to balance the food recipes, and they outlined their plan to do so, it's understandable that this is only one issue out of hundreds or thousands on their agenda.

In the past year, developers did work to address some of the questions raised by our community, such as decreasing domination by single alliances, adding rewards for KOTH, and making village resources non-exclusive. They are still working on inter-server kolossium although it has been challenging. They increased effort to fight bots, which is also a factor that affects bread vs meat and fish production. Although request for new content was not one of the voted questions, it is obviously on many people's minds, and this year we have been showered with new new areas, dungeons, and equipment.

Back on topic, I hope you will remain positive and make suggestions to improve the profession system. It may take a long time for things to change, and we may not know how long, but your suggestions do make a difference.

0 0

Just a note from a long-time (Dofus) professional: Why do so many mandatory ingredients for consumables have such low drop rates? Example: I have over 400pp and two loot rolls, and I can farm Kanniball mobs for an hour and drop ZERO bags of spices. This is insane. Either these bags of resources need to be dropped by more monsters, or they need to have a higher drop rate. It doesn't matter what the developers have done to revitalize the profession system if they turn around and make mandatory ingredients too difficult to gather to even craft the consumables professionals are supposed to be able to sell. 400pp and I can't drop a single bag of spice in an hour - that's essentially a four-player team of newbies. If a veteran with +400pp (not counting bonuses from completing challenges) can't drop a single bag of spice in an hour, it's even worse for newbs. Seriously, devs: increase the drop rate of the bags of resources, because you're requiring consumables crafters to spend so much time hunting mobs that their recipes are a waste of effort compared to any other profession.

0 0
Respond to this thread