FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Server Economics

By Relious - MEMBER OF THE ZENITH - October 27, 2012, 22:01:35

With the introduction of server transfers came the convenience of taking your character and some of its wealth to a new server to experience new, fresh territory, grand new guilds, hook up with friends you only knew from a test server or IRC, and one small side effect:
Grand-scale economic turmoil.

We have faced a lot of swift fluctuations in prices and individual servers have experienced booms and crashes.
The sudden shift of high-end gear from popular servers to non-popular servers caused a high availability of gear thus causing those markets to crash somewhat. Combine this with the number of people who had gathered massive amounts of resources over time only to dump them cheaply on the market to make as many Kamas as they could before they left the server

Typically speaking, the Developers like to follow a "Hands-Off" approach to in-game economies to some degree. So we’ll have to do our best as a community to develop a thorough analysis of what’s wrong with our servers’ economies and why.

So by discussing it, we might be able to dig down to the biggest sources of the problem.

• Which server do you play on?
  • Do you multi-account? Or are you a single-accounter? (While this might appear to be a loaded question, it is important to discern feedback from each group so we can best represent each type of player)
  • What do you think of the prices of gear at different levels on your server? Have the prices gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers?
  • What do you think of the prices of drops and gatherable resources on your server? Have they gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers?
  • Do you find the equipment or materials available on the market on your server? Or do you often have to hunt for items that are not on a market? Have these materially changed since the introduction of server transfers?
  • Do you have many ways of generating Kamas? Or do you depend on one or two activities?

Hopefully we can use these questions to springboard into an assessment of economic health on each of our servers and develop some suggestions together to better foster exchange of goods and Kamas.
0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 3850
1. I play on Solar primarily, used to play Zatoishwan a lot, miss it sometimes ohmy

2. I'm pretty much a solo-accounter to be honest which is a lot harder for me to get certain resources, items, and gear since my computer can't handle many accounts at all.

3. The prices has definitely gone down since server transfer. I even remembered before when leaving Zatoishwan to Solar that Mopy hat/cape were 3-4mk a piece and the ring itself was 5-6mk. Now the mopy cape is 600kk-1mk, the mopy hat is about 1mk-1.5mk, and the ring is about 1mk-1.5mk as well. Celestial Bearbarian pieces were 7-10mk a piece easily now the value depreciated so much incredibly probably because of the server transfer reason and because the so called nerf of the set with dodge, lock, and its resistances reduced. Celestial Bearbarian pieces are now usually between 2-4mk. These are a couple examples.

4. Most gatherable resources and drops went down since the server transfers, buts some still remain high or even increased a little bit in price.

5. There seems to be enough equipments on Solar, but I do check Zatoishwan at times since it was my old hometown and forever will be. For Solar there is Danathor, allister, broucey, and other decent end game items and lower level items on the market. So to a degree, there is still equipments available and not entirely scarce. As for Zatoishwan, I recently checked and there's no inky veils especially and lacks some end game equipment. The Allister and Broucey on Zatoishwan is insanely expensive, quite amazing lol.

6. For generating kamas, I usually depend on one or two activities since I'm a solo accounter. Makes it harder to find more ways to generate kamas. When you have a team, you're pretty much opened to many options to make kamas.

(One quick notice: Good luck on your Halloween Avarice Event for Zatoishwan smile Way to stimulate the players smile Not just the economy biggrin)

- Bochi
0 0
Score : 1431

Don't get me wrong, but....

Why do you ask this? All these questions (except maybe the last one) should be answerable by Ankama's statistic records right away. Don't they do record such statistics already? If not, then maybe instead of asking these to us, you should suggest that they should start recording market statistics like prices over time!

0 0
Score : 13423
MamoChiba|2012-10-28 01:08:42

Why do you ask this? All these questions (except maybe the last one) should be answerable by Ankama's statistic records right away. Don't they do record such statistics already? If not, then maybe instead of asking these to us, you should suggest that they should start recording market statistics like prices over time!
I agree with this, however, if it will help the econonmy, i'll answer the questions anyway.

Zato.
  • Do you multi-account? Or are you a single-accounter? (While this might appear to be a loaded question, it is important to discern feedback from each group so we can best represent each type of player)
I'm single account currently, though I'm considering subscribing at least one more account
  • What do you think of the prices of gear at different levels on your server? Have the prices gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers?
Well, low level gear (lv 1-100) seems to have gone down in price. mid level gear (lv 100-160ish) seems to have gone up in price (substantially so). anything above I cant compare pricing as I started looking ahead for those levels quite recently
  • What do you think of the prices of drops and gatherable resources on your server? Have they gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers?
Somethings just aren't available in market at a reasonable cost. As someone who looks to make a profit, if I go to drop something, I will try to drop a few extra to put in market.
  • Do you find the equipment or materials available on the market on your server? Or do you often have to hunt for items that are not on a market? Have these materially changed since the introduction of server transfers?
Most of the things I've needed are hard to find. Hunting for drops is important. I havent seen too much of a change in this with regard to the server transfer.
  • Do you have many ways of generating Kamas? Or do you depend on one or two activities?
Hunting works pretty well. Crocodyl steaks seem to sell quite quickly, and i've become efficent enough to get make 100+ a day. Frig meats sell too, though the frosteez oil will be a challenge until my farmer is lv 100
In additon to this, just clearing out my bank every so often can be profitable.
Selling scrolls is decent income when I can find a buyer. And i get the meager addition of 50kk in the process.
Almanax can be profitable If i already have the materials or can drop them (or if I can sell extras)
Between all of these I still make much less than I want
0 0
Score : 960
MamoChiba|2012-10-28 01:08:42

Merely asking them to start doing this would mean any possible problems would take far longer to get resolved, as ankama does not have as objective a view of the markets as actual players.

Relious|2012-10-27 22:01:35

• Which server do you play on? Solar
  • Do you multi-account? Or are you a single-accounter? Both, just depends on if I can afford subscriptions
  • What do you think of the prices of gear at different levels on your server? Have the prices gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers? They've gone down, but this isnt necessary because of server transfers. Basic economics states the higher the supply, the lower the price.
  • What do you think of the prices of drops and gatherable resources on your server? Have they gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers? Many have gone down, others gone up, for the same reason as gears.
  • Do you find the equipment or materials available on the market on your server? Or do you often have to hunt for items that are not on a market? Have these materially changed since the introduction of server transfers? It's a large majority of low level materials that are completely absent from the markets.

Mostly professions and selling old gear.
0 0
Score : 857
Which server do you play on? Rosal.

Do you multi-account? Or are you a single-accounter? I have 6 accounts right now. Just started my 6th a few weeks ago, Panda Lvl 137. smile

What do you think of the prices of gear at different levels on your server? Have the prices gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers? Low level gear like Wisdom adventurer pieces were quite hard to find now there's tons of it. Mid level gear like Ceremonial, Moowolf, and Cantiles is quite easy to find. The most noticeable to me was when moowolf sets before the S-T's were like 6-7 Mk now are 3-4 Mk. High end like inky is very easy to find. As a matter of fact currently Tailors market on Rosal has tons of inkies. Broucey/Allister/Danathor/Lethaline/Otomai/CB/Tengu/Obsi and Fuji prices have all decreased dramatically after the S-T's. Availability is quite high.

What do you think of the prices of drops and gatherable resources on your server? Have they gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers? They have gone down because of server transfers no doubt. But the change to how to get scrolls affected it too. Over time prices fall anyway but they went down very quickly after S-T’s were implemented.

Do you find the equipment or materials available on the market on your server? Or do you often have to hunt for items that are not on a market? Have these materially changed since the introduction of server transfers? Like I said before availability is high. On certain high demand items/materials I have to hunt for it. Good example is certain keys, and runes, mostly the newly added elemental damage runes. There have been changes to items like runes being hard to find before S-T’s and now for the most part plentiful. I.e. Ap runes and Mp runes were highly sought after. Now the price has dropped to its lowest point in years on Rosal.

Do you have many ways of generating Kamas? Or do you depend on one or two activities? I have about 3 different ways to generate kamas. Dopples for scroll selling, Kolossium for spell scroll selling and selling rare items/collectibles to interested collectors. I have 2 other ways but I fear if I say, it won’t be making me money anymore.smile

Over all, there just isn’t enough ways to make money in Dofus. Jobs are a good money maker depending on how many others have the same profession. For the most part jobs haven’t been very good at making money. I have no idea how, but new money making strategies are desperately needed in the game. Trade chat for the most part seems to take forever before you see a truly interested buyer. It can be very frustrating to have to wait days and days before your item sells. As it stands buying Ogrines is becoming more and more expensive on Rosal anyway.

Something needs to be done. I hope I was of help. ^.^

DarkReaperSaika
0 0
Score : 3877
Dark Vlad

Multi-account (I've 8 accs)

The prices are much higher than on rosal/rushu etc. But the prices are going down due to server transfers.

I never buy drops etc. so I don't know (but I think still the same)

[*]Do you find the equipment or materials available on the market on your server? Or do you often have to hunt for items that are not on a market? Have these materially changed since the introduction of server transfers?
    There are almost no items in the markets at all, but I don't have to hunt anything because I saved everything I hunted. (exept some boss drops like kolosso claw)
I don't need many kamas because I hunt everything myself. All the kamas I've are from scrolls/mounts and sometimes stuff that I don't need anymore.
0 0
Score : 2986
  • Which server do you play on?Solar
  • Do you multi-account? Or are you a single-accounter? (While this might appear to be a loaded question, it is important to discern feedback from each group so we can best represent each type of player)I use 16 accounts. every class, and a 2nd osa.
  • What do you think of the prices of gear at different levels on your server? Have the prices gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers?literal numbers, prices have gone down. however, not to the extend that everyone feels. in inflation/deflation is factored in, and if you exclude things lik cb set (which everyone wanted/had, and after the nerf, everyone sold, resulting in sky high availability) prices aren't AS crazy as people originally think. yes, prices have gone down, but only a little. (also you can't compare an item's current price to it's initial price, like AMG when it first came out was 40mk cuz noone had em yet, and they were SO powerful)
  • [*]What do you think of the prices of drops and gatherable resources on your server? Have they gone up or down since the introduction of server transfers?
    gatherable resources have been pretty ballanced, if you only refer to the ones based on professions. the demand on them is constant, and supply is always going, in addition with the fact that someone can clean a mine, and you have to wait on it to respawn before you can get that same ore. competitive professions have that benifit.

• Do you find the equipment or materials available on the market on your server? Or do you often have to hunt for items that are not on a market? Have these materially changed since the introduction of server transfers?equipment is for the most part available, unless you want something that's not commonly used (dagger doo for a good example) and if you do, the materials for it are near impossible to obtain. the price of materials are often massivly over the cost of the finished product. normally it's more expensive to buy the materials and make it yourself.
      [*]Do you have many ways of generating Kamas? Or do you depend on one or two activities?

I hunt requested orders for primarily endgame items. I also loan money out a lot, and make investments in varrious places, which prove to be benifitial to me. I like economics. biggrin

What do you feel is the primary reason for the market crash? (yes I added this one)

the fact that items are made, and after that they are permanent. especially mid-level equips. moowolf set has been around for a while, and many many sets have been made, so supply keeps going up, while demand hasn't been as high. ankama could make a major decision on this and do somethign that would result in equipment not being recycled as much, however binding equips to a characters or account seems like a bad idea, especially for people like me who like to swap sets between characters. maybe make items degrade over time?`
  • 0 0
    Score : 490
    Rushu, ditched everything, starting fresh.

• Do you multi-account? Or are you a single-accounter?
    Used to be single-accounter, now decided to play 2.

Not sure, but prices are way lower on Rushu than on Rosal.

Pretty much the same.

Haven't experienced any shortage so far.

Basically, I do my 4 professions and I hunt resources and sell them.
    0 0
    Score : 634

I play on Shika

Yes and no. I do 'multi account' I guess. One account has a full set, while the other has a bunch of professions.

Gear prices, umm no I haven't really noticed a massive change in exotic mages and high kamas dofuses. But strangely our turq dofus prices have raised 10-20mk (depending on the CH) in a few months, and no-one really knows the reason. Also mp/ap runes were 40kk/100kk, now 100kk/200kk, so I have no idea what happened then (this was within the last 2-3months)

Drop prices have changed a fair bit due to the achievement system, but server transfer didn't affect it. Collectable resources are pretty stable.

To be honest, markets are empty here. I have to order every equip I want via a impsvillage thread, our markets are empty. It has always been this way though.

Yes I do have multiple ways of making kamas which I prefer not to share here. Normally revolving around professions, so server transfer didn't affect me.

So overall the server transfers didn't affect Shika much, and our economy is really bad. Some of the new, new equips are already down to 800-1000kk. I swear we have more 8man teams than single/duo accounters.

0 0
    Respond to this thread