FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Spell Point Scrolls - Topic of the Month (November)

By vagabaka - SUBSCRIBER - November 07, 2012, 23:40:50
Reactions 225
Score : 6161

I don't think I am overestimating the demand at all, for 2 reasons: leeching and multiaccounting. I have seen many people who leech to 190+, and this number is increasing, as well as endgame players who rush their alts to high levels. Also, as hybrids are more popular in endgame (due to most sets giving 2 elements anyway, plus the need for versatility), more people need spell scrolls.

BUT don't get me wrong. I don't quite agree with spell scrolls for kolotokens being an entirely stupid idea at all. It can work. It is just a poorly executed idea for now, that needs to be fixed. It can be fixed with interserver kolo (which should have been done before AvA, but that is another story), better exchange rates, better gains in kolo, and so on. But whatever they do, they should do it quickly, and not keep pushing it.

Also...700kk for a spell point, so...10.5mk for a spell. With 10.5mk in my server, I can get a set for a 180 character. And I would probably have 1.5mk after that. I would say that this is not an accessible price for most people. Only multiaccounters are able to do that much money fast enough to be worth it, and single accounters are kept in disadvantage. As always.

By the way...when I am in my main account only, I can make 2.2mk per week...by doing dopples in 3 characters and selling scrolls. Which would mean 6 weeks for 1 spell, as I would need to pay for premium access too, working 4 and a half hours per day, and that ONLY because I have multiple lvl 140+ characters, so the work to get at least 3 140+ characters equipped well enough for dopples should be taken in account too.

I wouldn't say this is accessible at all. It just gives one more advantage for people who are multiaccounters (I am not complaining, as I myself have 3 accounts, even if I rarely use them at the same time... just saying that it is unfair) or who are VERY rich.

0 0
Score : 6477

Boss/Dungy mats doesn't have a place in this discussion.

Multiaccounters don't really benefit....

If spell point scrolls are as important as the people on these forums say they are, that just translates to MORE spell point scrolls needed.

You can kolo with a full team of alts sure, but many multicounters do so for PvM reasons...not PvP.

0 0
Electricotter|2013-08-26 00:40:47
Boss/Dungy mats doesn't have a place in this discussion.

Multiaccounters don't really benefit....

If spell point scrolls are as important as the people on these forums say they are, that just translates to MORE spell point scrolls needed.

You can kolo with a full team of alts sure, but many multicounters do so for PvM reasons...not PvP.
What I was talking about was that multiaccounters are the only ones that can get kamas quickly enough to buy spell scrolls without wasting more than a month on it. So, they are benefited by not having to waste a lot of time to get spell scrolls.

The example I gave talking about kamas was also to reinforce the argument that spell scrolls are tedious to get and not acessible for most players.
1 0
Score : 2031

I think your assessment is not a fair one because as you yourself said, you're using lvl 140 characters to try and acquire endgame items (which is highly inefficient). Personally, on a single endgame character and with a play schedule similar to yours, I can make at least 15 mk a week easily (I know players that can easily make even more), and compared to other endgame items (ochre dofuses, exo mages, lvl 199-200 pieces of gear) 700kk-1 mk per spell point actually seems fair to me.

I do agree Kolo could use a lot of work though.

0 0

Actually, I am using 1 endgame character plus 2 mid leveled characters, so I can kill dopples 3 times/day. Which gives me 6~7 scrolls/day. Which is more than what I would get with 1 character.

Post edited because it didn't helped with the discussion. Anyway...that over there was an example, let's not focus on it (and believe me, if there was a better method in my server to get kamas, I WOULD use it...dopples multiple times/day is the better you can do in my server without multiaccounting).

0 0
Score : 454
Cute-Fire|2013-08-25 18:33:27
Scientiavore|2013-08-25 17:47:55
I could never understand the, "We're forced to do Kolo" argument. There's always the option to simply buy the pebbles/spell point scrolls. I mean I like to try a bit of everything, and honestly I've found that way more kamas are made through pvm than pvp; so technically, the most efficient way to get these pebbles/spell point scrolls right now is to do pvm as not only will you get the items, but you'll also enjoy your time more (if you absolutely hate pvp) and have spare kamas on the side.
We are forced to kolo. One way or another, we have to do it in order to get our stuff. For one new set, I need up to 15 sparking pebbles. I don't know the prices on other servers, but on my server they are 800-1000kk each. So I would spend around 14-15mk for some stupid pebbles. I just refuse to wast so many kamas for a few pebbles. There are items, CB set for example, which are sold for like 2mk for every piece. Ofcourse not exomaged or something like that, but still.. I need 3sparking pebbles to craft it. So that would cost me 2.4-3mil ONLY for 3 the pebbles.

Personaly, I would get rid of pebbles in items (maby leave them in trophys) and the dungeonboss drop rewards from achivements. Recently, this game is more about pebbles than doing dungeons (unless you want fri3 gear, which forces you to do the dungeon) Deff. a bad thing IMO
you said almost all go kolo and when we lost, we lost time and dont win the tokens some ppl dont like it and dont go kolo thats all and hunting monsters we can make cash and buy spell scrolls its sure...

maybe they need put reward for ppl who loose too or spell scroll linked to account with better way to get u.u
0 0
Respond to this thread