FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Market Interface Improvements - Topic of the Month (January - February)

By vagabaka - SUBSCRIBER - January 24, 2013, 15:42:03

We apologize for the late posting of this month's topic. As January is almost over, this will also act as February's topic of the month.

In December's Topic of the Month voting thread, MamoChiba made suggestions for improving the market user interface and received the most votes (7):

MamoChiba|2012-12-11 09:39:02
I improved my suggestion about market and combined it with another idea of an auction house to make it more appealing.

Short version:
  • Improve market by removing 1/10/100 and add buy orders
  • Provide an interface for searching / buying specific overmaged items
  • Add an auction house and make selling of multiple items in one bundle possible there
  • Add funny auction modes like Live Auctions or Dutch Auction mode.

Here is the long version

What do you think of these suggestions? What other interface-related annoyances do you encounter when selling and buying items on Dofus, and what other suggestions for improvement do you have?
1 0
Reactions 16
Score : 1857

This suggestion is probably going to get rebutted so hard, not even the Fuji Snowfoux could heal it.

Have an area that is filled with various markets where there are no fees at all. However, there is a fee to access this area (perhaps a city or small town) per entry. This way people that want to sell exotic-maged items valued at 40mk-70mk can attempt so without paying a ridiculous fee. It also means you have to pay regardless of whether you buy or sell anything or not. If you log off or disconnect inside this area you will be teleported to your save point and merchants are forbidden in this area. There will be no houses or paddocks too.

0 0
Score : 13423

how about allowing for other item quantities and having a checkbox to allow partial buys.
For example, when i go to put up for sale 1000 red piwi feathers, i can select a checkbox that allows people to buy how ever many they want from the batch.

Then when someone goes to buy, they can go into market, find the red piwi feathers, type in 735 and it shows the price of that amount.

I figure if they can deal with multiple prices with ogrines by taking the lowest cost first, then they can do the same with other things such as resources.

3 0
Score : 5640
Nerd-Tease|2013-01-24 19:17:02
Then when someone goes to buy, they can go into market, find the red piwi feathers, type in 735 and it shows the price of that amount.

I figure if they can deal with multiple prices with ogrines by taking the lowest cost first, then they can do the same with other things such as resources.
I really like this idea; wonderful suggestion.
1 0
Score : -18

I wish I could place stuff on sale directly from my bank.

0 0
Score : 15681
LaughinGhost|2013-01-24 16:20:35
This suggestion is probably going to get rebutted so hard, not even the Fuji Snowfoux could heal it.

Have an area that is filled with various markets where there are no fees at all. However, there is a fee to access this area (perhaps a city or small town) per entry. This way people that want to sell exotic-maged items valued at 40mk-70mk can attempt so without paying a ridiculous fee. It also means you have to pay regardless of whether you buy or sell anything or not. If you log off or disconnect inside this area you will be teleported to your save point and merchants are forbidden in this area. There will be no houses or paddocks too.

I second this idea. My suggestion was for this "duty free" zone to be a sort of black market run by rogues and srams. It could be located somewhere in the secret tunnel connecting Astrub, Amakna, and the Rogue Temple. Accessing the black market would require completing a mini dungeon and/or a quest to gain the trust of the rogues so that they let you in.

This market should be able to sell dofus eggs and AP and MP maged items, but nothing more.

I also think it is crucial that "buy orders" be added to the game. With a buy order a person who wants say 10000 ash wood can put an order on the market for 10000 ash wood at say 20k each. So they spend 200,000 kamas in advance to put this order on the market and whoever wants to can fill part of it. If someone has say 100 ash wood they can fill 100 units of the order to instantly receive 2000 kamas.

This makes the market more efficient by allowing people who want to make money to easily see what buy orders are out there so they have an understanding of what they should be fighting/harvesting to make money. It also makes it easy for people with money to passively "order" items which may not be on the market.
3 0
Score : 812

I would like to see more quantity options like 1.000 , 2.000 and 5.000.

Also fix the default quantity of item to 1 and if you want to put more change it.Right now when I have the same item more than 10 times but I want to sell only 1 , the market by default it puts quantity at 10 and I put price for 1 and it ends selling 10 items at the price of 1 if I am not careful.

The other suggestions I read here are impractical and have huge opportunities for scams and cons. Also dont forget most dofus players are like 12-16 years old and will hardly understand more complex markets. Simple example:A lot of times I sell something and I say that I sell for like 15.000 kamas.They reply to me asking "if 15.000 kamas is 15kk?".rofl? if you cant understand that how you can use complex markets...

About the fees.I too found the fees ridiculous.Sometimes the fees are over 1,5M kamas for exotic mages or very expensive items or 100 medium priced items.

0 0
Score : 13423

Also, if the average price could be adjusted to only include recent data (like 50 sales of equip or 1 year whichever is shorter and 1000 of resources)
That would be great.

Awmigawd band worth 26mk? Blasphemy.
Tengu parts worth 5-10mk each? Heresy.

There are plenty of other things like this but I don't feel like finding every example.

0 0
Score : 1857

How about the fee for selling an item kicks in once it is sold, not when it is put up in the market. This way the very large fees for exotic-maged items and such will be more reasonable as you get 98% (or 99%) of what you sell it for and it is worth your while.

Think of it like a tax.

1 0
Score : 73
Disgustus|2013-01-25 01:49:47
Nerd-Tease|2013-01-24 19:17:02

I really like this idea; wonderful suggestion.

Yes, I like this too. It is one of the suggestions in my longer posting, linked above wink. Technically it should be easy to implement even with the current 1/10/100 slot system still in place, although I prefer this gets removed ASAP.

I have a couple of other small improvement suggestions to the Trade and Market interface:
  • In market search, hide entries not on market or at least give an option to do so.
  • Add the advanced exchange (Move visible/All/existing) to player-player trade window
  • Forbid to put breeding items into the market with 0 activations left
  • In shops (e.g. grocery store), pressing enter while amount is selected should activate the buy button.

0 0
Score : 162

There is also the problem of the number of slots available on the markets. Many people (including me) usually end up just throwing away the low level items which can bring very little kamas and placing on sellrooms only the valualbe ones due to the lack of space. Sometimes, when my guildies or I want to buy some of these "trash" items for crafting or quest purposes, they are nowhere to be found. It's simply because lots of people simply won't bother wasting their slots on placing for sale some worthless junk when they can use them to sell something much more profitable. The solution to this problem can be adjusting the number of slots to our character level (as it works with the merchant mode) so we no longer have to decide what is worth selling and what we should throw away. You can say "why don't you just put these cheap items in the bank and gradually sell them by sacrificing 1 or 2 slots each time?" The answer would be "Because I don't want to waste a few hundred kamas each and every time I enter my bank account." "But you can use the merchant mode to sell those items". "Well, I could, but running around with a few thousand pods occupied is also not very convenient". Then again I could subscribe another account and make a character which only purpose would be standing somewhere in permanent merchant mode, or simply just use other character on the account with my main character each time I log out, but again, it is not very convenient. I'm not a programmer so I have literally no idea wheter icreasing the number of slots in sellrooms would affect the server efficiency, so I'm looking forward for feedback and opinions on this suggestion.

1 0
Score : 6395

I would like to add a small idea to this topic:
Make it possible to send your bought items directly to your bank.
CCi proposed amounts of 1.000, 2.000, ..., but the problem here is your inventory, it's not unlimited.
So being able to send the items you bought to your bank would make it nice.
For example you want to buy 5k bronze, that's 25000 pods, no one has that amount.

Ofcourse you should also be able to sell directly from your bank to have this big amounts in the markets.

Greetzzz

~Aura

1 0
Score : 175

I would like to second the suggestion on "not being able to sell breeding items with 0 left on the item". It is ridiculous and is only used to scam low-information players. I would further the suggestion (though I do not know if it is feasible) by making those items with under 25% left on the item unsellable in the actual handyman market.

I would also suggest some "generic marketplace" for low level items which most people will not sell, as it isn't worth the time/effort to do so. Say you have 2,000 magical cures. Someone will find them useful, but maybe you don't. Having the option of selling them to some NPC, who would give appropriate kamas for them, would be handy. But that NPC should retain the ability to sell that stock to other players who are buying/selling, until the stock runs out. This would save needless grinding and benefit lower level/profession players greatly. Of course, this is completely contrary to the current market set-up, but maybe some variation of it could be used. Though, I recall that selling Ethereal Weapons at the market at a low price would result in the game buying the weapon from you at that price, so maybe this suggestion is relatively feasible.

0 0
Score : 139

Like all ideas.

For 1, should work on resources best, since they do not differ in stats. But for gears, current market is good.

For 2, would be nice to able to search by stats. For example, I want a ring, between level 100-120, gives 30-40 wisdom, 50-100, vit etc, and all such rings on market will show up.
Hope this also works for dragoturky. Right now, opening each mount interface to check stats is very annoying and makes that market inefficient. For example, if I want to see all breedable reproductive female dragotueky, priced between 1mk to 3 mk, I can just input those parameters and they will all show up.

For 3, make this bundle market only for complete sets maybe? Again able to search by total stats of the complete set. For example, if I want a complete soft oak set with over 2000 vit and over 500 int, system can auto search for them.

And one more suggestion. Many high level gear has many stats, so it is easy to miss one or even two when they got maged off the item. Maybe put a different color line in item stats interface to warn buyers that a certain stat between x and y is MISSING completely from the item. Or maybe a pop up box to warn that. This also helps the bundle market purchase in suggestion 3.

0 0
Score : 1431

I want to add, that some of the suggested features are quite possible to realize by third party plugins once the plugin API got finally released. This is true for most of the requests "filter/highlight all items with ... (0 breeder activation, not in market, specific overmaged stats, stats missing, ...)".

A bit harder, but maybe still possible with 3rd party plugins could be auto-buy ideas like "buy me 1000 wood up to 100 kamas per piece". Or "auto sell these and that and this as soon as I enter the market square". These would probably pop up some confirmation, but may still be possible somehow (the developers trying hard not to allow any kind of botting in plugin API).

So... a somewhat related wish to the developer would be: Higher priorize the release of the plugin API wink

1 0
Score : 168

Three things I think could get added and sum up a lot of the current thread:

Remove the current 1/10/100 and just set up a price per piece with unlimited stock set. So I could set up an order for 735 bones and buyers could buy them in whatever quantity up to that amount. This would also promote more price competition since you could actively see other people's price per piece.

Add buy orders so that there is no guessing on what people need and when. Buy orders would result in half the fee of tax being paid by the buyer and half buy the seller so that both sides share in the burden of this luxury. Buy orders would also be the same as sell orders in the unlimited quantity settings and priced per piece.

Finally, add a market overview screen where a player can open up a window that shows all their market orders, the places they are presented on market (bonta, brak, etc, the prices and the remaining time left on market. This prevents players from having to go to a specific market to find what they are selling and remaining quantities. The overview would also show market history for your personal sales so that you can track what has happened during time away.

If allowed to go further:

Market statistics. Charts showing flowing averages, high and low prices of the day/week/month, market activity for the items that day/week/month, etc. Right now, there is just no information out there for players to see what kind of volume a particular item is being traded at... and it negatively affects how and what we sell and the prices as a result.

Examples from Eve-online:

0 0
Score : 5640

I think as part of any market interface improvement discussion we should include the suggestion that when a player purchases items which don't fit into his or her inventory (100 diamond stones or a zillion planks of wood, for example) the items be automatically transferred to the player's bank account.

0 0
Respond to this thread