FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Guild Management - Topic of the Month (March)

By vagabaka - SUBSCRIBER - March 04, 2013, 15:41:42

In Janurary-February's voting thread, ZEROxz's suggested topic of guild management received the most votes (25):

ZEROxz|2013-01-25 16:55:28
There should probably be a guild management thread, I'm extremely surprised no one has mentioned anything about it, but the guild system seriously needs a new system and overhaul.

Guilds provide a primary way for many of us to interact with other players. They also play a role in the game economy through perceptors and paddocks. Most guilds use ranks and rights to reward their loyal members. Throughout the years, there have been enhancements and expansions to the guild management tools available to us, such as being able to grant the right to "collect only your own percs", and listing of guild members in Ankabox. However, there is no doubt still room for improvement.

• Are the existing guild rights fine-grained enough? Are there any rights you wish to be added, and any rights you feel are useless?

• Ranks are currently mostly a cosmetic feature, and you can basically assign any set of rights to a guildie of any rank. Do you prefer the current way, or for rights to be bound to ranks (for example, if you assign the rank of Protector to someone, they'll automatically get a fixed set of rights)?

• How do you feel about the property sharing in paddocks and guild houses?

• What kind of improvements do you want to see in the guild user interface, including Ankabox?

• What other input do you have on the topic of guild management?
0 0
Reactions 31
Score : 681

Regarding guild rights, I think a set of more detailed options (ex SiC may kick other members but not other SiC) would be a improvement. Keeping the current system of manually assigning rights instead of making them rank-bound seems better.

Another thing that guilds need is some form of notification to all members or at least some type of notice board for members. In larger guilds many players are on at different time-zones so keeping them up to speed with any changes/decisions/announcements would be much easier.

A idea regarding ranks would be adding the option to customize your char name with whatever rank you have (ex. Leader/SiC/etc all have a icon or some form of decoration or even a title you can add to signify your rank in the guild)

2 0
Score : 2111

I would prefer that rights be linked to guild Rank. That way I actually know who in the guild can do what (basically who's most important.) How was I supposed to know the Mascot or Dogsbody below me was able to ban people, as an example.

1 0
Score : 6418

All they really need to do is make ranks customizable and everyone will be beyond happy guaranteed.

A way to set a guild "message of the day" would be neat too, such as something that appears to guild members when they log in, or a textbox in the guild pane. Those are really the top two requests for guilds in general... I feel like they wouldn't even have to look at guild management that much for a very very long time if they just added those two features!

0 0
Score : 2111

I say, cut the perceptors HP and makes its spells/AI more deadly to compensate. It should take more than one person to solo a Perceptor. You're attacking a guild. The attackers should act like they're getting ready for war by bringing more people to fight with them.

You could actually buff the percs spells and keep the HP the same, honestly. Make it worth leveling more than just level 1 Rock and level 1 Unbewitchment..

1 0
Score : 6477
bizznizz|2013-03-04 20:12:12
I say, cut the perceptors HP and makes its spells/AI more deadly to compensate. It should take more than one person to solo a Perceptor. You're attacking a guild. The attackers should act like they're getting ready for war by bringing more people to fight with them.

You could actually buff the percs spells and keep the HP the same, honestly. Make it worth leveling more than just level 1 Rock and level 1 Unbewitchment..
This brings up an interesting point.

The same points earned to level spells are used for Pods, PP, Exp gain and the like.

Can spells reasonably rival those stats?

0 0
Score : 3

As a leader of a guild, I would definitely love a way to leave a message for the guild that only a few people can access, or you can also make it into a right. But this alone would be an incredible feature because most people would love to know more about the guild, ranks, rights, etc. I could also write down the Guild Recruiting message so we can be more productive at recruiting players.

Another thing that could be of great use, would be a way to add little notes to every single character in the Guild, even in Friends list would be nice. To help us remember their Proffesions, time zones, other characters and other little things that are actually a huge factor in managing guilds smile

Please do not take this lightly, this would increase the love for accessing the Guild Tab and being able to manage these important things simply.

I appreciate your time in reading this! smile 

0 0
Score : 1402
Diamond-reborn|2013-03-05 07:30:54
As a leader of a guild, I would definitely love a way to leave a message for the guild that only a few people can access, or you can also make it into a right. But this alone would be an incredible feature because most people would love to know more about the guild, ranks, rights, etc. I could also write down the Guild Recruiting message so we can be more productive at recruiting players.

Another thing that could be of great use, would be a way to add little notes to every single character in the Guild, even in Friends list would be nice. To help us remember their Proffesions, time zones, other characters and other little things that are actually a huge factor in managing guilds smile

Please do not take this lightly, this would increase the love for accessing the Guild Tab and being able to manage these important things simply.

I appreciate your time in reading this! smile
Can't you already do this with the Ankabox in the guild section?
0 0
Score : 38

Custom rank names and priority levels
Notice board
Search function

Thank you.

0 0
Score : 1936

Been waiting for this thread for years! smile Yay... loads of ideas. Here we go.

• Are the existing guild rights fine-grained enough? Are there any rights you wish to be added, and any rights you feel are useless?

I think rights need to be more valuable and perhaps have additions that are more meaningful and related to specific ranks so one doesn't have to sort through everyone's rights that are in the guild. Right now a lot of them are a bit lack lustre.

The ability to group characters more specifically to identify whose chars are whose and whose alts are whose, would further assist the ease in giving rights to specific people. Maybe being able to assign a colour to each group's character names? or something to this effect. Each team can then be identified effectively.

Rights have lost their "privilege" tag and therefore lost their meaning. Most do not really care as long as they have access to percs.

• Ranks are currently mostly a cosmetic feature, and you can basically assign any set of rights to a guildie of any rank. Do you prefer the current way, or for rights to be bound to ranks (for example, if you assign the rank of Protector to someone, they'll automatically get a fixed set of rights)?

Ranks need to be customizable and a leader needs to be able to assign rights to certain ranks and or groups, instead of/as well as to individual characters.

• How do you feel about the property sharing in paddocks and guild houses?

I feel this is fine but in larger guilds it would be preferential to assign users to each paddock so people are not bickering over which paddock they want to use and which they bought etc etc. One can then differentiate breeders and less conflict arises as a result and the need for breeders to create their own alt guilds to have private paddocks, will not be as necessary. Also assigning users to specific house chests so that a limited people have access for specific reasons? (e.g. I have a chest with random items included for events - would like whoever is managing event or my sics to have access but not the entire guild) - This would be nice, not as a guild management option, but as a general option for each individual house owner, but fits into the guild scope as one would need to assign the house to the guild. Maybe this could be a privilege of some sort? Needs some fine tuning but I am throwing this out there anyway.

• What kind of improvements do you want to see in the guild user interface, including Ankabox?

Ankabox fails to be utilized except to contact Moderators, in my opinion. Hardly anyone bothers to use this function at all and you cannot send a mass guild message to more than 25 people. I would prefer an in-game Guild notice board and pm option which could be used to inform all guild members of any changes/kicks/new members/events, etc, to get hold of individuals or groups of members who are not logged in currently, etc. This would really be useful and I imagine that many guild leaders would love to be able to communicate more effectively with their members and also bring communication back into the game rather than forcing people to use external means like skype/forums/facebook, etc.

• What other input do you have on the topic of guild management?

Obviously with the new overhaul of alignment in relation to guilds coming in June, there will be changes regardless. Would like to see how this will affect guild management.

I would really like to see the following implemented:-

• Way to identify the date on which people joined the guild.
  • More customizable options for guilds - maybe extras that can be bought using ogrines.
  • Guild achievements and ornaments.
  • The guild page interface on the website corrected - very buggy and doesn't display activity correctly.
  • Allow for a ABOUT US section on website for a brief description of the guild or recruitment message.
  • In-game search option to search for members via name or appropriate filter
  • Window that lists all char's professions and levels on guild tab.

Will add to this if I think of anything else. smile 
1 0
Score : 480

I agree with the poster who requested the perceptor attacks be buffed. Yes please.

0 0
Score : 151

As people above has suggested, Guild members professions and profession levels would be highly useful. This would make it easier to help each other out.
I also approve of the idea of having a "Bulletin Board" for the guild where Guild Leader and SiC's could post messages or recruitment template for recruiters to use. Or whatever the guild feels could be useful to set out there.
Customizable ranks and/or rights determined by rank would make ranks more interesting as people have already suggested.

I already love the guild system, but at the same time there's so much potential. I hope great things will come out of this thread! smile 

0 0
Score : 4477

+1 for the Guild bulletin board idea, a separate tab inside the guild interface and only people with the right to post on the bulletin board may leave messages. Posts should be visible to all members.

Also as Nixie mentioned already guild achievements and ornaments would be awesome.

In regards to perceptor spell points, I honestly think there should be separate points for stats and spells, like how players have characteristic points and spell points.

1 0
Score : 724

Would like to see something to hide perc's location from new members invited to guild. Have alot of ppl wanting to spy on your perc location for attacks. Some type of options to allow only certain players to see the perc's.

1 0
Score : 214

Agree with you about this. I also feel only those with access to perc rights should be able to view locations but this may bring up some other issues with having to limit rights to an extent. I wonder if any of this feedback has been given to the devs yet. Would be interesting to see what they come with for us with the guild update later this year.

0 0
Score : 447

I didn't read all the messagens, but (as a guild leader too) things would be more easy if we had "tabs" or a way that we can see each rank in a group, so my SiC and I could organize things better :p

A mute system could be nice too ph34r

See ya.

0 0
Score : 2952

I would have to suggest taking away the ability to give SiC's and other members the right to boot people from guild and only the leader should be able to remove people from his/her guild.

There have been multiple times I have been kicked from a guild because a SiC or another member has been less agreeable with me than others,and giving people the opportunity to remove people they don't like,either for personal or guild reasons can in fact lead to incredibly childish behavior.

I know there will be some debate as to whether or not this would be a smart idea,but I speak only from personal experience,and it is rather irritating to be kicked cause a single person is having a bad day.

0 0
Score : 2987
DragonmasterLance|2013-04-17 09:49:55
I would have to suggest taking away the ability to give SiC's and other members the right to boot people from guild and only the leader should be able to remove people from his/her guild.

There have been multiple times I have been kicked from a guild because a SiC or another member has been less agreeable with me than others,and giving people the opportunity to remove people they don't like,either for personal or guild reasons can in fact lead to incredibly childish behavior.

I know there will be some debate as to whether or not this would be a smart idea,but I speak only from personal experience,and it is rather irritating to be kicked cause a single person is having a bad day.
what stops the leader there? tongue

i oppose. if theres that issue they shouldnt have the right. but it should be up to the leader..
0 0
Score : 2952
pirotekno|2013-04-17 20:23:56
DragonmasterLance|2013-04-17 09:49:55

what stops the leader there? tongue

i oppose. if theres that issue they shouldnt have the right. but it should be up to the leader..
The problem is,when the leader is away,the children were play,and hell, I have joined a lot of guilds with HORRIBLE people in it,just for the sake of a friend who wanted me there with him.
Anyway,as for "It's up to the leader" the reason the person at fault could kick me was because............... oh bummer this is a public forum,i can't say this in front of the kiddies sad

Also,I respect your opinion,thanks for that.
0 0
Score : 4089
Electricotter|2013-03-05 00:06:13
bizznizz|2013-03-04 20:12:12

This brings up an interesting point.

The same points earned to level spells are used for Pods, PP, Exp gain and the like.

Can spells reasonably rival those stats?

My guild, currently the highest level guild on Rosal (200 as of Febuary), has all the Perc spells leveled. Our Perc can hit or heal about 300, twice a turn. That damage alongside its huge hp and resists makes it a formidable opponent (it's no replacement for a real character though). People underestimate Perc spells far too often
0 0
Respond to this thread