FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Guild Management - Topic of the Month (March)

By vagabaka - SUBSCRIBER - March 04, 2013, 15:41:42
Reactions 31
Score : 6477

I agree with that.

However, lower level guilds require their points being put into Pods, PP, ect more.

What good is a Perc that can attack well if it has little to no gains?

Being a lvl 200 Guild allows for you to put points into spells more freely.
(Though being such a large guild a strong defense is also more likely.)

0 0
Score : 2986

Not to mention a lower level guild's attacks do WAY more. Your perc has +200 damage. Lower percs don't have near that. Not to mention the lower amount of points.

I don't think a level 200 shoudl be able to solo a level 200 perc unless theyre like elite. But that's just me. Make defending better, since you don't have as much preperation.

0 0
Score : 430
Kyruu|2013-03-05 13:44:11
Been waiting for this thread for years! smile Yay... loads of ideas. Here we go.

• Are the existing guild rights fine-grained enough? Are there any rights you wish to be added, and any rights you feel are useless?

I think rights need to be more valuable and perhaps have additions that are more meaningful and related to specific ranks so one doesn't have to sort through everyone's rights that are in the guild. Right now a lot of them are a bit lack lustre.

The ability to group characters more specifically to identify whose chars are whose and whose alts are whose, would further assist the ease in giving rights to specific people. Maybe being able to assign a colour to each group's character names? or something to this effect. Each team can then be identified effectively.

Rights have lost their "privilege" tag and therefore lost their meaning. Most do not really care as long as they have access to percs.

• Ranks are currently mostly a cosmetic feature, and you can basically assign any set of rights to a guildie of any rank. Do you prefer the current way, or for rights to be bound to ranks (for example, if you assign the rank of Protector to someone, they'll automatically get a fixed set of rights)?

Ranks need to be customizable and a leader needs to be able to assign rights to certain ranks and or groups, instead of/as well as to individual characters.

• How do you feel about the property sharing in paddocks and guild houses?

I feel this is fine but in larger guilds it would be preferential to assign users to each paddock so people are not bickering over which paddock they want to use and which they bought etc etc. One can then differentiate breeders and less conflict arises as a result and the need for breeders to create their own alt guilds to have private paddocks, will not be as necessary. Also assigning users to specific house chests so that a limited people have access for specific reasons? (e.g. I have a chest with random items included for events - would like whoever is managing event or my sics to have access but not the entire guild) - This would be nice, not as a guild management option, but as a general option for each individual house owner, but fits into the guild scope as one would need to assign the house to the guild. Maybe this could be a privilege of some sort? Needs some fine tuning but I am throwing this out there anyway.

• What kind of improvements do you want to see in the guild user interface, including Ankabox?

Ankabox fails to be utilized except to contact Moderators, in my opinion. Hardly anyone bothers to use this function at all and you cannot send a mass guild message to more than 25 people. I would prefer an in-game Guild notice board and pm option which could be used to inform all guild members of any changes/kicks/new members/events, etc, to get hold of individuals or groups of members who are not logged in currently, etc. This would really be useful and I imagine that many guild leaders would love to be able to communicate more effectively with their members and also bring communication back into the game rather than forcing people to use external means like skype/forums/facebook, etc.

• What other input do you have on the topic of guild management?

Obviously with the new overhaul of alignment in relation to guilds coming in June, there will be changes regardless. Would like to see how this will affect guild management.

I would really like to see the following implemented:-

• Way to identify the date on which people joined the guild.
  • More customizable options for guilds - maybe extras that can be bought using ogrines.
  • Guild achievements and ornaments.
  • The guild page interface on the website corrected - very buggy and doesn't display activity correctly.
  • Allow for a ABOUT US section on website for a brief description of the guild or recruitment message.
  • In-game search option to search for members via name or appropriate filter
  • Window that lists all char's professions and levels on guild tab.

Will add to this if I think of anything else. smile
I pretty much agree and really love the ideas that are in there, also, I know that Ankama wants to keep the difference between Dofus and Wakfu but I really think that they should adapt Wakfu's friends list and guild system on Dofus, Thanks in advance. ~Woobot
0 0
Score : 1936

Has there been any feedback from devs about this yet? Would really love to know what is planned for June so that we can make appropriate guild management suggestions to support the update. Please keep us posted!!! smile 

0 0
Score : 6691

I have a suggestion for guilds which is the inclusion of Concepts and a revision to how perceptors work:

Concept Guilds (from this topic)
I have started some guilds based upon certain concepts: a scouting guild called The Sentinel Alliance and a professions guild called Free Professionals. I think that giving a guild certain features related to their concept would be more suitable.

A guild would determine which concept (or type) it is when the guild leader forms it with the guildalogem in the Guild Temple.

Guild Concepts and Features

Each type of guild allows its members to display a respective ornament on their name that identifies their guild's concept. At the end of each guild concept, I mention what role perceptors have.

Regaring territorialism, each sub-area can have one of each type of perceptor: a scouting guild's perceptor, a profession guild's perceptor, and an imperial guild's perceptor, all at the same time. The perceptor would be dressed according to the guild's concept: in steel, bellicose armor for imperial guilds, in courier uniform with a telescope for scouting guilds, and in an apron, etc. for professions guilds.

- Scouting Guild: On each coordinate rectangle of their map, a member of the scouting guild sees an overlay of the mobs at that location with level and stars. For example, if there are three mobs with 8* 1040, 2* 200 and 0* 750 at a location, when the player in the Scouting Guild hovers their mouse pointer over that location on the map, they see in a tool tip next to their mouse with a list of all three mobs and the number of stars each has. They would also be able to see the quantity of available resources at that location. Alternatives would be to show the average number of stars and average level of mob, or to have a search filter at the top of the map window which lets you search for mobs by choosing a sub-area, a level range, and the number of stars. This feature will only work for a guild who has their perceptor in that sub-area.

- Professions Guild: Professions work in such a way that you cannot gain experience from 2 slot recipes beyond 60, and so on, and that you cannot exceed level 100 in a profession. With members of a profession guild, the experience that is gained when it no longer applies to the character in these ways is given to their guild as guild experience. Profession guilds are also able to invest points into leveling core guild professions. Each point invested in a core guild profession increases the percentage of experience a player in that guild receives when working on a character with that profession. For example, I have a lumberjack level 82 with 50% experience given to the guild. Since 2-slot recipes no longer give me experience, any 2-slot recipes I craft will give 50% of their experience to the guild, as if it were now where I were to fight a mob and give 50% experience to the guild. My professions guild received 5 points when it reached the next level and decided to invest the points into the lumberjack core guild profession. That means that my lumberjack receives 5% extra experience with each tree that he cuts down. The perceptors of professions guilds also allows the guild to get experience based upon the resources harvested at their perceptor's coordinate, and the perceptor also collects some extra resources that were harvested there like they collect extra loot from mobs fought there now.

- Imperial Guild: This type of guild works just how guilds work now, where players invest experience based upon the mobs they fight, and their perceptors collect experience and loot based upon the mobs they fight.

Each guild can only have one perceptor in a subarea, and multiple perceptors can be found in each subarea -- one for each different concept type. So if there are only 3 concept types, then up to 3 guilds of different concept types can have their perceptors in a subarea.

When a guild is formed with a guildalogem, the player gives it a name, an emblem, and a concept. A guild cannot change its name, emblem, or concept, except by using the ogrines service. There is an ogrines service that lets a guild leader change its guild's details, and changing the guild's concept can be added as one of those changes. But just like a guild only has one name and one emblem, it will only have one concept. Therefore, it can only have one perceptor in a sub-area.

The scouting guilds would gain experience based upon the number of mobs that were fought in an area where their perceptor is located.

So the perceptors would collect experience for the scouting guilds, not their players.

In consideration of the different methods of gaining experience for each concept of guild, the experience gain should be somewhat balanced between all three concepts, so that a guild does not grind mobs as an imperial guild and then spend ogrines to switch to another concept at a high level in order to avoid the relevant difficulty of gaining experience from that other concept type. So the experience gain earned for each mob fought in a controlled sub-area should be gained in a unique but balanced way for the scouting concept, so that it works properly even if the perceptor were placed in a bot-swarmed sub-area.

0 0
Score : 40

Would it be feasible to have a 'message' board in guild houses
that can be written on by those with rights to do so.

Also, another question to ponder.

What if guild xp contributions traveled with the character (less a transfer tax)

for example, If a char with 40 million xp left a high lvl guild for a lvl 1 guild.
The lvl 1 guild would hit lvl 47 with the addition of that character while
the higher lvl guild might drop a few lvls.
{there might be a need for an xp tax of 5-10% either removed from play or left with the orphaned guild}

Making it easier for seasoned adventurers to lvl a new guild in combination
with the alliance system could make a much more dynamic experience.

0 0
Score : 89

The problem with this is that people sometimes stop playing for some time and theya re automatically kicked from the guild they're in, thus using this method coauld seriosuly affect guilds. Also there will always be people that would try to "sell" their guild xp to the best bidder.

0 0
Score : 3389
Agrophile|2013-07-10 06:19:02
Would it be feasible to have a 'message' board in guild houses
that can be written on by those with rights to do so.

Also, another question to ponder.

What if guild xp contributions traveled with the character (less a transfer tax)

for example, If a char with 40 million xp left a high lvl guild for a lvl 1 guild.
The lvl 1 guild would hit lvl 47 with the addition of that character while
the higher lvl guild might drop a few lvls.
{there might be a need for an xp tax of 5-10% either removed from play or left with the orphaned guild}

Making it easier for seasoned adventurers to lvl a new guild in combination
with the alliance system could make a much more dynamic experience.

No thank you, I don't want to see my guild's level doing the harlem shake (going up and down constantly)
0 0
Score : 7481

I agree.

However, the message board type thing is an idea that's been suggested many times before I believe. However, if I'd say that it would be better to just stick this as another tab in the guild tab, sort of adding a mini-forum in-game for guilds?

And then expand this to cover alliances too?

0 0
Score : 1936

Well, so far nothing much has changed since the Alliance update with regards to guild management tools. Are there going to be any overhauls in the near future? Bearing in mind I am aware of significant deadlines Ankama has set themselves for completion of various expansions this year.

0 0
Score : 5640

I think it'd be wise to add for guild rights two three more options:

• May defend guild's perceptors
  • May defend alliance's perceptors
  • May defend alliance prisms
The first option allows members to defend the guild's perceptors when they're attacked, and the second option allows members to defend the perceptors of other guilds in the alliance. The third option gives permission for guild members to join prism defense. Could be a handy way to prevent spies from blocking important fights.
2 0
Score : 6401
Disgustus|2013-08-13 23:41:07
I think it'd be wise to add for guild rights two more options:

• May defend guild's perceptors
  • May defend alliance's perceptors
  • May defend alliance prisms
The first option allows members to defend the guild's perceptors when they're attacked, and the second option allows members to defend the perceptors of other guilds in the alliance. Could be a handy way to prevent spies from blocking important fights.

Yes yes and yes. The alliance defense options especially are needed.

They should be toggled off by default as well.
0 0
Respond to this thread