FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Topic of the Month Voting - April

By vagabaka - SUBSCRIBER - March 04, 2013, 15:45:55

In January-February's Topic of the Month Voting Thread, The topic "Guild Management" by ZEROxz got the most votes: 25. You can now share your thoughts in March's Topic of the Month thread.

This thread is for suggesting and voting for the next (April) Topic of the Month.

General Rules:

• this is not a discussion thread: if you do not like an idea, simply do not vote for it.
  • if you have any questions regarding how this works, feel free to ask.
  • flaming and insulting posts WILL be removed.
How It Works:
  • thread is open the entire month and locked at the end of the month;
  • anyone can make suggestions and they can all be voted for;
  • a separate discussion topic is created for the winning topic suggestion in the Zenith sub-forum after voting is closed ;
  • at the start of the next month a new voting thread is created that includes the announcement of the #1 topic of the previous month and a list of the most popular topics from the previous month if anyone wishes to re-suggest them.
Requirements to Topic Suggestions:
  • one, and only one, topic per post
[blockquote]We know there are a lot of ideas that you want to see being discussed, but if you make multiple suggestions in one post, we don’t know what topic is being voted for. Please note that the forums have a auto-merge function to prevent double posting. If you are having problems with this function, please just wait for another person to post before making another suggestion.[/blockquote]
  • threads already in discussion in Zenith sub-forum (for example, class balancing threads) cannot be suggested
  • if the #1 topic is a topic already under discussion in Zenith Discussions, the #2 topic will be created instead. Both will be treated as #1.
  • topic suggestions must be summarized: only a few lines to outline the idea
[blockquote]If you want to, you can create a discussion thread in the Suggestion forum and explain the idea in more detail and then link the thread to you post. Already existing topics may be linked in your suggestion in the same way.[/blockquote]
The #1 Topic:
  • the topic that gets voted as #1 will be created in the Zenith Discussion thread in the month after it was voted as #1;
  • this topic will be open for discussion to everyone;
  • by the end of the month the opinions of the community will be summarized, translated and sent through to the develoopers;
  • the thread will be left open for further discussion and may receive feedback from the devs to be discussed as well;
  • if the topic is an idea that the devs have already made their final decision on, we will provide an explanation regarding it, in such a case the #2 topic will be created instead.
Voting:
  • to vote for the topic click the green smiley icon above the post
  • negative votes
    won’t be counted nor will they be subtracted from the total.
  • “Supported” and “+1” posts will not be counted as votes.
  • there is a limit on the forums of 5
    per day, so if you run out just wait 24-hours to keep voting!
0 0
Reactions 30
Score : 4083

The dungeon mazes could use some insight really. Anyone ever notice how Minotoror, Minotot, and Dragon Pig dungeons aren't run too often solely because of the mazes? Even if DP is run, there's alot of groups that end up quitting because they can't get through within 5 hours.

15 -3
Score : 681
Well with an eye on the upcoming updates and the anticipation of the not-yet-determined-when weapon nerf, how about a discussion regarding monsters in PvM (most notably dungeons) and how they should be re-balanced?

Fair enough, suggestion withdrawn.

I would recommend both the Weapons thread and/or the ADDS Topic of the Month thread for a conversation like this.

Basically we as a community would have a hard time influencing the overall balancing of monsters.
(And in Lichens statement about nerfing weapons, he even touches on this point.)

Otter
0 0
Score : 6418

We've recently entered what I'll call an era of sweeping class changes. For awhile now classes have been experiencing sweeping changes to their spell repertoires, forcing them to adjust their strategies to remain effective in battle.

Training dopples, however, have not experienced such changes. As the updates fly on by, training dopples are becoming more and more outdated, and I think we've hit a point where training dopples aren't representative of what their respective classes can actually do. I believe all training dopples should be broken down, analyzed, individually evaluated for balancing, and should receive new spells in order to better align them with their respective classes.

Analysis can go beyond simply looking at their spells and updating them. Let's have a look at the numbers: Which dopples are most popular? Which dopples are least popular? Which dopples have higher rates of winning? What about higher rates of losing? Any glaring outliers?

6 -1
Score : 2111

Gathering profession overhaul.

The resources have a low demand and a high supply, causing prices to plummet. It takes a very, very long time to level a miner, let alone a lumberjack, and the rewards for the time invested should be increased.

5 -2
Score : 4519

Just bumping here because someone posted in the previous voting thread by mistake. Again, this is the current voting topic, to decide the topic of the month for April.

0 0
Score : 2952

The re-introduction of Resource Exchange for Characteristic Scrolls as stated in my post in Suggestion Box.

Don't really think i need to say more than that really.

22 0
Score : 2476
HatedOne|2013-03-04 22:28:48
The dungeon mazes could use some insight really. Anyone ever notice how Minotoror, Minotot, and Dragon Pig dungeons aren't run too often solely because of the mazes? Even if DP is run, there's alot of groups that end up quitting because they can't get through within 5 hours.
What? DP's maze is just a zig-zag pattern, it takes 5 minutes tops. The Minotoror maze, though, sure.
0 0
Score : 5648

I agree to dungeon maze updates. Dragon Pig's design is fine as is since Dragon Pig dungeon has a definite route, or if by some fault you get lost, it is easy to find room thirteen. Minotot, however, is just beyond stupid. The variables are always different, to the point where running the dungeon is a chore rather than something you do for fun. The position od the Mumminotor (etc.) are just too random, and when you have more than one team in the maze... -shudder-

1 0
Score : 2111
DragonmasterLance|2013-03-09 10:21:53
The re-introduction of Resource Exchange for Characteristic Scrolls as stated in my post in Suggestion Box.

Forget my suggestion, I'm +1ing this.
0 0
Score : 1119
bizznizz|2013-03-11 02:53:01
DragonmasterLance|2013-03-09 10:21:53

Forget my suggestion, I'm +1ing this.
Putting a "+1" in your post doesn't count...you need to click the green smiley in the post that has the idea you like.
0 0

I've never been able to get a single group in DP to stick around and figure out the pattern, so that's why I included it. I've been to Minotot and Minotoror however. Literally fell asleep while my group quit after 6 hours of running around aimlessly.

0 0
Score : 6184

Am I the only one who never has a problem with dp and mino mazes? I have no issue with them. I spend no longer than 20 mins in each. I find them quite fun to be honest. Its just simple trial and error.

I am plus 1ing the scroll exchange to come back. Absolutely disgraceful that they went in the first place.

My personal suggestion though.

Fix the damn map between the guild temple and the masq temple entrance. It was MEANT to be fixed the last update!!! Its stupid that you can only travel 1 way. Such an easy bug to sort out so why isn't it hmmmmmm? We were told it couldn't be done till the next update... which was the last update...

0 0
Score : 6477

This isn't the place for discussion.

0 0
Score : 6161

How about a service that makes possible to get back scrolls spent on a character upon deletion of the character? For instance...I made a xellor and scrolled wisdom and chance (halfway). But with the upcoming changes, I might reroll her, to relearn how to play as her-and possibly not even caring about her wisdom that much. But I spent much money and effort to scroll her, so I am turned off by the though of deleting her. Also, it would be great for those who made a mistake in their scrolling. But to prevent abuse, it could be a ogrine service, and it would only work upon the deletion of the character, so people are punished for the lack of though in their builds. Also, it would make possible for ankama to change classes softcaps, I guess, and they need to do it in some classes.

2 0
Score : 6184
Electricotter|2013-03-12 22:05:00
This isn't the place for discussion.
It was a suggestion... hence why i said... this is my suggestion
0 0

Please redirect all discussions on this Topic to here in order to avoid misconduct of the rules.

0 0
Score : 1216

Re-evaluation of the dungeon system as it currently stands, in regards to the recent update pertaining to so-called accessibility (4 fight 4, 5 fight 5 etc. etc.).

Currently this system causes teams of 8 to take FAR too long to finish an end game dungeon, and as such discourages players to do so. The times were dramatically increased where before you fought 4-6 regardless of group size, you are now forced to fight 8 in every fight (assuming you're in a full team).

These fights are not challenging, nor are they necessary with the new achievement mat giving system, and as such should be removed or changed in order to make dungeons more appealing and less-time consuming.

Please feel free to just post in this thread.

Otter

0 0
Score : 1175

AP and MP remove system.

2 0
Anabone|2013-04-03 23:46:36
AP and MP remove system.
Wasn't the AP/Mp system revoked because it was far too easy to get like 100 or more resistance???
0 0
Respond to this thread