FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Topic of the Month Voting - April

By vagabaka - SUBSCRIBER - March 04, 2013, 15:45:55
Reactions 30
Score : 3684

Hmm... With some guild changes I heard the developers are planning... Why not make something to small guilds? While I understand big guilds are organized and all, some like me usually like smaller ones, and they're crushed by the bigger ones, not being able to use functions like Perc etc...

1 0
Score : 457

How about renewing the dungeon system? I think that many dungeons are very rarely done, due to their low benefits. I also think that the mechanism that reduces the number of monsters in a mob depending on the number of people in a group should be made optional. I believe that many characters wish to (let's say) fight all the Gobblies in Gobball Dungeon, in order to get drops. Same goes for other dungeons.

0 0
Score : 2

Revitalisation of forgotten areas in The World of Twelve. When was the last time you visited Otomai's Island? What about the Trool Fair?

1 -1
Score : 17

Reintroducing the old music pack. Players would be given the option of choosing which music pack to use.

1 0
Score : 3543

Dungeon bonuses and benefits.

There needs to be more of a "point" to running dungeons. Even fun things would make these dungeons more worthwhile.

1 0
Score : 4083
DragonmasterLance|2013-03-09 10:21:53
The re-introduction of Resource Exchange for Characteristic Scrolls as stated in my post in Suggestion Box.

Don't really think i need to say more than that really.
The only thing I'm not seeing about this is because you can still get Characteristic Scrolls from dopples. It's just as grindy as resources (except you can't buy doploons) and you still have access to all 4 versions.

Maybe an outside way for spell point scrolls could be reinstituted however. Maybe a repeatable quest that takes a little devotion and commitment to complete (although, not as long and boring as Eternal Harvest)?
0 0
Score : 6183

Have to agree with dungeon bonuses and benefits

0 0
Score : 214

It's nearly mid-April. Is there a thread for this month's topic yet?

Keep forgetting to suggest this if you are still taking suggestions for April - the introduction of more livis and especially chamo livis - obtainable in-game instead of via subs?!

0 0
Score : 2952
HatedOne|2013-04-09 19:33:54
DragonmasterLance|2013-03-09 10:21:53
The re-introduction of Resource Exchange for Characteristic Scrolls as stated in my post in Suggestion Box.

Don't really think i need to say more than that really.
The only thing I'm not seeing about this is because you can still get Characteristic Scrolls from dopples. It's just as grindy as resources (except you can't buy doploons) and you still have access to all 4 versions.

Maybe an outside way for spell point scrolls could be reinstituted however. Maybe a repeatable quest that takes a little devotion and commitment to complete (although, not as long and boring as Eternal Harvest)?

Not everybody can farm dopples, my suggestion benefits newcomers to dofus,servers with low population and people who don't have the time cause of work and other real life situations to farm Nine Thousand (I spelt it out just so you can grasp the amount of doploons it takes fully) doploons just to fully scroll one stat.

Dopples for scrolling is the slowest and most painful method for scrolling a character, second only to paying 6m to scroll wisdom,chance or agility itself.

Also,because of the removal of resource exchange for characteristic scrolls, a majority of the bots who were farming resources for sale shifted their 'focus' if you can call it that to professions,thus taking away a valuable source of income for both new players and old players who spent weeks,if not months leveling Miner/Farmer/Alchemist or Lumberjack to 100 in the first place.
Resource exchange also gives new players a source of income,you can ask a lot of people and they will say when they first started they used to sell Prespic Peaks for kamas to pay for zaaps and bread back in the old days of dofus.

I couldn't care less for spell scrolls, I want to have fun on dofus,not be the best pvper there ever was.
0 0
Score : 7685

Newcomers aren't meant to be scrolling from day 1, so that's not an issue.

As for grindy.... the new system is far less grindy than the old way, especially since the old way relied on getting thousands of drops that were not guaranteed, while Doploons are always awarded when you win a Dopple fight (and more are awarded for beating all 15, plus one-time bonus Doploons for several Dopple-related Achievements)

For example, to scroll Wisdom to 101 using 25 Small, 25 Normal, 29 Great, and 11 Powerful scrolls, you needed to farm up 8100 Mushrooms, 4355 Wild Sunflower Seeds, 1820 Hemp Seeds, and 2200 Moskito Wings.

Now, for a "newcomer", with 100 Prospecting, that means killing over 16,000 Mush Mushes alone (since the Mushrooms are a 50% drop). Even at the impossible rate of one fight a minute vs groups of nothing but 8 Mush Mushes, that's going to take you over 33 straight hours. And that's just for one ingredient.

Those Wild Sunflower Seeds are going to be next. Oh, and look at that, the drop rate for those is only 18%, so you had to kill an average of over 24,000 of those suckers to get all the ingredients. That's another 50 straight hours of farming (again, assuming you get a fight once per minute against groups of 8 Wild Sunflowers, otherwise it'll take much longer. And since groups of 8 Wild Sunflowers are extremely uncommon if they exist at all, it will take much longer).

Hemp Seeds? Dropped by nothin'. You needed an Alchemist to pick 9100 Hemp Flowers, then have a Farmer turn those flowers into the 1820 required seeds.

Finally, 2200 Moskito Wings. They were the fastest, with a 85% drop rate (so you'll only need to kill around 2500 or so Moskitos to drop that many, a mere 5 hours if you fight nothing but groups of eight.

But say you didn't want to get that many scrolls, and just wanted to do it by using 1 Small and 50 Powerful Wisdom scrolls, and skip the middle man? That required 4500 Mushrooms (so you'd have to kill around 9000 Mush Mushes), 3750 Wild Sunflower Seeds (kill around 20,000 Wild Sunflowers), 3000 Hemp Seeds (pick 15,000 Hemp Flowers), 10000 Moskito Wings (kill about 11,700 Moskitos). Still a lot of painfully grindy farming, even for the way requiring the least scrolls.

And in those days, you didn't get the experience, quest completion, or Achievement bonuses you get now with Dopples.

No, anyone who thinks the old way was less grindy than doing Dopples every day has not really looked at how grindy the old way was.

0 0
Score : 2952

If you read carefully i say TO MAKE MONEY, i know 'newcomers' won't be scrolling right from the word go, but they can make kamas for zaaps/gear/potions and food like we used to do back in the earlier days of Dofus.

As they are now a majority of those resources are next to useless,and demand isn't high,and a new player would have to ask for kamas at zaaps,bank,shops to pay for anything they need,or they will get nowhere.
We don't want to encourage people to beg or leech,we want to encourage people to do things for themselves,to have fun in Dofus instead of shooting their way up with little to no effort.

Later on in the game they will try scroll,and if they have the opportunity to gather the resources themselves,they will feel much more accomplished in doing so, I know i did when i fully scrolled my first ever main's stats back in 1.29.
When i was in my 1~100 levels i sold all the resources i could,made enough money to gear up (Man i miss my old Toadey Set and Mad Tofu Cape) and when i was around 120 i spent all my time hunting resources instead of just zaap sitting like i do now.

Besides,the price of a lot of the scrolls on Rushu is absolutely horrible,no one should have to pay the insane prices to make their class better.
Strength is currently the cheapest because you can scroll with Meat,which unlike Intelligence (Four Starred fish) and Vitality (Random rare cereal drop from resource protectors and gathering) you have a significant chance of dropping the meats.

And sorry to the Zenith team for this post,but my suggestion was questioned so I had to state my reasons for offering my suggestion.

Schmendrick|2013-04-12 14:32:57

No, anyone who thinks the old way was less grindy than doing Dopples every day has not really looked at how grindy the old way was.
I have been around for a very,very,very,very long time, the grindy ways of Dofus were the most satisfactory.
0 0
Respond to this thread