FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Exchange for Characteristics Scrolls - Topic of the Month (May)

By SilentRevenge - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - May 13, 2013, 10:46:31

Hey everyone

Our apologies for the delay of this thread seeing the light of day, we hit a small complication regarding it's creation.

In the April voting thread (Click here) DragonmasterLance's suggested topic of re-introducing the exchange of resources for characteristics scrolls received the most votes.

Unfortunately, this topic was halted by one of the rules -

if the topic is an idea that the devs have already made their final decision on, we will provide an explanation regarding it, in such a case the #2 topic will be created instead.

So first we had to run this idea by the devs to see if there is any hope for discussion to take place.
Sadly, the initial reaction was "The feature will never return" BUT they also said "We are open to discuss about improving the current ways to obtain scrolls".

So, seeing as we are allowed that much, we will be making the discussion:

[size=15]"How can we improve the current system for obtaining characteristic scrolls."[/size]

Now, with the current system you can obtain scrolls through exchanging Doploons. Doploons are earned by killing the dopples, as well as through the quests and achievements linked to killing dopples.
Alternatively you can obtain scrolls by exchanging specific dragoturkeys with Mounded Ghard in Amakna Castle.
And in addition, you have different foods that boost stats and although they don't technically count as characteristic scrolls, they do count as a part of scrolling.

So, here are a few things to consider:
  • Do you think the current system for obtaining characteristic scrolls is inferior to the old one? If so, why and what should change to make it more acceptable?
  • If you could choose, would you prefer to receive larger amounts of scrolls but over a longer period of time (e.g. a monthly quest), or would you prefer to receive single scrolls that are more readily available (e.g. daily achievements)?
  • Would you like to see characteristic scrolls become obtainable from more sources? (e.g. achievements)
  • Would additional methods for obtaining scrolls make the current methods (e.g. Doploons) obsolete?
0 0
Reactions 38
Score : 13424

To be honest, the current way of getting characteristic scrolls is fine. Spell point scrolls on the other hand, take too long to acquire in relation to how many are needed.

It takes 4 days of dopples for 1 scroll. so about 2 months to scroll 1 spell for those who are not PvP inclined. This is in no way a feasable manner to handle this.

And on a server like the one I play on (Zato,) there isn't enough kolossium activity to fully support both the increased need for pebbles with changed frigost recipes and many new trophies as well as spell points.

The people that have a high win:loss ratio (kolossium), are the ones that have their spells scrolled. Yet the only way to feasibly get them, is through the very system that favors those who already have the reward.

I'm not asking for the diamond exchange back, but maybe a repeatable quest (Daily) that has a guaranteed spell point scroll reward. (With a minimum level and possibly other measures to prevent alt cycling)

Maybe I'm rambling after 2 days of no sleep, but hopefully I got the point across well enough.

3 0
Score : 2803

This is a very interesting issue because the Developers have made a decision regarding resource exchange (i.e. "the feature will never return", as Dedlaw explained) but at the same time they are willing to consider how to improve the system. sleep

In my opinion, there is sufficient variety in the methods that we can use to obtain scrolls. We have the dopples, which are advantageously linked to achievements, and we also have the mount exchange option and food that is capable of boosting characteristics. I do not believe that we need a new method, so I will concentrate on how to improve the most commonly used method for obtaining scrolls - hunting dopples. happy

At the moment, the biggest issue with dopples is the amount of time that it takes to complete the "Baker's Dozen" Quest. We could ask for the Quest to reward us with more scrolls, or for an additional Quest to be added (perhaps a monthly Quest) to increase the doploons that we obtain. However, neither of these suggestions would shorten the dopple fights - it would still take a considerable amount of time and repetition to raise a respectable amount of doploons. :unsure:

Would it be possible to consider having some sort of dopple arena, or dopple training ground, where it is possible to team up with other characters and carry out mass-dopple fights? Would the Developers allow us to challenge more than one dopple at the same time using one character, or to fight multiple dopples with multiple characters? The effect of this would be to offer an alternative to the "Baker's Dozen" Quest, especially an alternative that would be faster (but not necessarily easier) to complete. smile

I believe that this solution will also make dopple hunting more exciting. At the moment, each fight with a specific dopple in the "Baker's Dozen" Quest is a carbon copy of the last fight against that dopple, even when challenges are taken into account. The variety that we would get in an unpredictable fight against multiple dopples with different friends/allies each time would actually make dopple-hunting fun. cool

Alternatively, if we become ultra desperate, we could petition for a Dopple Dungeon tongue *runs away before the masses stone him to death*

WinterHeart

2 0
Score : 1601
Winterheart|2013-05-13 13:03:46
At the moment, the biggest issue with dopples is the amount of time that it takes to complete the "Baker's Dozen" Quest. We could ask for the Quest to reward us with more scrolls, or for an additional Quest to be added (perhaps a monthly Quest) to increase the doploons that we obtain. However, neither of these suggestions would shorten the dopple fights - it would still take a considerable amount of time and repetition to raise a respectable amount of doploons. :unsure:

How about an equivalent of zaapis which allow you move from one temple to the other as this will at least reduce the running time. At the moment, I find that obtaining the potions is far too difficult as on Shika there are rarely any in markets and I cannot gather mats for those potions, and do dopples and gather mats for sets and level my characters without playing 24/7 and seeing as the temples are actually quite spread out this could cut down some time.

But there definitely needs to be more methods for obtaining the spell point scrolls. Having Kolossokens as the only available method seems overkill. They should be hard to obtain that is true, but I think that there should be more options. Although I will probably get my head bitten off for it, I would even be happy to see tiered Spell Point Scrolls. For example small ones can be used up to level 3, medium to level 5 and then powerful for level 6 (perhaps only needing 3 like powerful characteristic scrolls. This means that the lower scrolls could be made avaliable using easier methods and it would ensure that levelling a spell to 6 still takes a bit of time, but if the obtaining was independant of each other, you could considerably reduce the time needed.

But to focus on the questions after that ramble:
  • Do you think the current system for obtaining characteristic scrolls is inferior to the old one? If so, why and what should change to make it more acceptable? I do think that the current method is inferior to the old one particularly because the old method appealed to me as you knew that the time you invested would pay off, whereas now particularly for Kolo, you dont always win so time is not proportional to success. Well I guess some of that ramble above kinda answers this one. My emphasis would be that characteristic scrolls take too much time to obtain, whereas Spell Scrolls are having to compete with something equally necessary in the form of pebbles.
  • If you could choose, would you prefer to receive larger amounts of scrolls but over a longer period of time (e.g. a monthly quest), or would you prefer to receive single scrolls that are more readily available (e.g. daily achievements)? Personally I think that somewhere in the middle is better in that you get a modest number of scrolls in a short time, for example say the equivalent of 15/20 small scrolls a week or something. However, I would be perfectly happy to see either one introduced.
  • Would you like to see characteristic scrolls become obtainable from more sources? (e.g. achievements) Simple answer yes. I think that there need to be more ways. It used to be possible to get the scrolls you wanted from many different types of resource, now it is pretty much dopples, kolossium (and that is only spells scrolls), breeding and I suppose Krosmaster as well. Dopples are not efficient enough, Kolossium has to compete with the necessity for pebbles, breeding takes a long time to set up and Krosmaster is really not ideal either.
  • Would additional methods for obtaining scrolls make the current methods (e.g. Doploons) obsolete? I don't think that it would do. Dopples will always have their place, and if you can do Dopples as well as something else then that would work perfectly. But I feel that even with the introduction of a new method, the current methods would deserve a revamp to ensure that they don't become obsolete.
--Ex--
1 0
Score : 15681
Do you think the current system for obtaining characteristic scrolls is inferior to the old one? If so, why and what should change to make it more acceptable?

Personally I think that the current system is much superior to the old system of exchanging resources. The old system gave an unfair advantage to classes like my int cra with AoE who could more effectively gather mats faster, and it made bots too profitable.

If you could choose, would you prefer to receive larger amounts of scrolls but over a longer period of time (e.g. a monthly quest), or would you prefer to receive single scrolls that are more readily available (e.g. daily achievements)?

I think smaller more regular rewards are better, because people like instant gratification. However, it would be interesting to offer both and those who are willing to be patient will end up getting a bit more scrolls in the long run than those who do a daily quest. However, another factor to keep in mind is that not everyone is capable of logging in and playing every day, but they may still want some sort of way to get scrolls.

Would you like to see characteristic scrolls become obtainable from more sources? (e.g. achievements)

Characteristic scrolls no. I think they are already easy enough to obtain. It is spell point scrolls which are way too expensive. I remember when they used to be 200,000 kamas each, and now they go from 800,000 to 1 million kamas each, which is way out of most people's price ranges, and is crippling to some classes which need a lot of spell point scrolls to be effective. It shouldn't cost 12 to 15 million just to scroll one spell.

Would additional methods for obtaining scrolls make the current methods (e.g. Doploons) obsolete?

No, I don't think so, unless these additional methods were so fun and engaging that no one wanted to waste time on the old method.
0 0
Score : 11138

Characteristic scrolls are the main source of income for many breeders like myself. With the old systems and with scrolls costing half the price it wasn't really worth it because of the cost of the breeding items. Also characteristic scrolls are easy enough to get or those who don't want to pay. Spells scrolls are the main issue imo.

0 0
Score : 7481

Quote (Winterheart @ 2013-05-13 13:03:46)
Would it be possible to consider having some sort of dopple arena, or dopple training ground, where it is possible to team up with other characters and carry out mass-dopple fights? Would the Developers allow us to challenge more than one dopple at the same time using one character, or to fight multiple dopples with multiple characters? The effect of this would be to offer an alternative to the "Baker's Dozen" Quest, especially an alternative that would be faster (but not necessarily easier) to complete. smile

(My partial quote didn't work... sad )

I would love to be able to do this. Instead of being stuck killing the dopples one after another, it would be amazing to be able to fight multiple at once. Possibly with a bonus depending on the combos you fight (e.g. Feca + Eni, Sac + Eni would give more xp/doploons/kamas) Could also make it more of a challenge where you can choose to fight any number of dopples with any number of players (up to 8 ofc), and the reward scales with the challenge (level based maybe?)

Would be much more fun, easier and more social to get scrolls if you could just take on all 15 dopples in an 8 man fight. "easier" here being slightly subjective based upon the players you have.

0 0
xzaosllama3|2013-05-15 09:43:10

I would love to be able to do this. Instead of being stuck killing the dopples one after another, it would be amazing to be able to fight multiple at once. Possibly with a bonus depending on the combos you fight (e.g. Feca + Eni, Sac + Eni would give more xp/doploons/kamas) Could also make it more of a challenge where you can choose to fight any number of dopples with any number of players (up to 8 ofc), and the reward scales with the challenge (level based maybe?)

Would be much more fun, easier and more social to get scrolls if you could just take on all 15 dopples in an 8 man fight. "easier" here being slightly subjective based upon the players you have.
Perhaps though a level limit should be set alongside a mechanism such as that to ensure people don't leach through dopples for the extra doploons acquired from the 8 man fight. Maybe similar to the Kolo group system, but instead of 50 level gaps make it much closer e.g 20.

--Ex-
0 0
skultaker|2013-05-15 11:22:05
xzaosllama3|2013-05-15 09:43:10

Perhaps though a level limit should be set alongside a mechanism such as that to ensure people don't leach through dopples for the extra doploons acquired from the 8 man fight. Maybe similar to the Kolo group system, but instead of 50 level gaps make it much closer e.g 20.

--Ex-
Yea, what I was thinking was that you all have to be within say 1 dopple on either side (so a level 90 could be with a lv 70 and 110. Level 100 with 80 and 120 etc.), and then enemy dopple levels are based upon those you have in your group.

(The dopples do update every 20 levels now, right? Not rounding up, so a lv 30 fights lv 40s, lv 90 vs. 100 etc, as it used to be. It's now 80> fights 60, 80 and over fight 80 etc?)

And also possibly do what they're doing for the Gobbowl event - limit it for IP addresses to encourage more sociality (Maybe limit it to 2/3 chars per IP instead of 1 tho?)
0 0

I don't know whether what they are doing for the Super Gobbowl would in fact work because I think that the prizes are being awarded once they have checked every team that did it and what their IP was, so with that in mind it is unlikely that they could do that every day for dopples, would have to be coded into the client.

And yes I believe that the dopple does now update every 20 levels.

--Ex--

0 0

Yea, if they had to do that in the long run would take forever. But that said, it's probably quite complicated trying to limit characters on just 1 fight...

0 0
Score : 1119

I believe the current characteristic scroll system is far better than the old system. It used to take me entirely too long to gather the thousands of mats needed for a set of scrolls (even with a 2 or 3 person team with AoE characters). It also did indeed make the botting extremely profitable. It was monotonous and boring...very boring.

Now, I can do dopple tours and save up doploons for the scrolls. I'd rather do dopple fights for decent/good xp than fight 1000 mobs of crabs for "crabby" tongue xp. And dopple fights don't take an unreasonable amount of time.

I would also like to mention some thoughts regarding the spell point scroll system (though I am not clear if this is "officially" part of the discussion). Currently we were gifted with an undisclosed "limited time" that we can exchange doploons for kolossokens...and of course those kolossokens can be spent on pebbles, emotes, or spell points. This is immensely better than the normal "kolossokens only" when you couldn't exchange. But I hope they can figure something else out for spell point scrolls. I find kolo fights generally irritating (unless I find a team that is cordial to team members and opponents). It takes the fun of the game away (for me, as I'm a player focused on PvM...I'm sure those focused on PvP feel differently). I have no problem fighting dopples, as they are guaranteed to find and for the classes I use I have not seen any situations where the odds are stacked against the player (while in Kolo...some of the matches are complete landslides).

Maybe they could create a new dungeon to earn spell point scrolls. Possibly set up some tougher dopples on Frigost and make a dungeon there with each dopple in each room, accessed from a central hub with different doors: one for each so you can do them in any order. Heck, with something like that, they could even then have a last room only accessible once you beat the others so you could face a random pair of them for a more substantial reward. It shouldn't be hard to limit this to once per day per character, as the current dopple system works this way and even the daily offering works this way. That would hopefully keep it unattractive for bots, because dopples are one-on-one and by definition not time efficient from an exploit standpoint.

1 0
Score : 1936
  • Do you think the current system for obtaining characteristic scrolls is inferior to the old one? If so, why and what should change to make it more acceptable?
No, in the way in which it has increased the ways in which scrolls are obtained. Yes in the way that it takes a lot way from low levels who used the previous method as a means of income. This is specifically true for not only char scrolls but spell scrolls as well. Diamond hunting used to be a lucrative way for lower - mid levels to improve their characters and make a bit of income.

There is less stock coming from lower levels these days and its incredibly troublesome to have to weigh up using our pebbles for gear, trophies, scrolls or spell scrolls. Too little pebbles in play and too many things require them so it ends up very grindy and repetitive.It takes longer to hunt doploons and pebbles than it used to take to hunt resources imo. Kolossium is very slow still on smaller servers and as a result, pebbles are incredibly expensive and as much as I wasn't a fan of it, Head Hunter also played a large role in boosting supply for scrolls, which we obviously do not have access to anymore.

• If you could choose, would you prefer to receive larger amounts of scrolls but over a longer period of time (e.g. a monthly quest), or would you prefer to receive single scrolls that are more readily available (e.g. daily achievements)?
Both options would surely be viable? We need to find more ways to obtain scrolls.

• Would you like to see characteristic scrolls become obtainable from more sources? (e.g. achievements)
Yes please.

• Would additional methods for obtaining scrolls make the current methods (e.g. Doploons) obsolete?
No. Some people enjoy running dopples every day however most find dopples an incredibly unexciting chore, rather than something that boosts their gaming experience. If we didn't have to do them as much and had more options available to us, this aspect of the game would become much less grindy. Instead of making dopples obsolete they would be one option of many ways to gain scrolls.

I find the ways to obtain spell scrolls incredibly annoying and expensive for smaller servers, and I feel that along with characteristic scrolls, more ways to obtain spell scrolls should also be included in this discussion.
1 0
Score : 2952

As this was a suggestion I voiced I feel I should say why I suggested the idea in the first place.

The reason I suggested resource exchange make a return is not only the fact it would give a lot of the older resources a use again (Namely Mush Sporms,Moskito Wings etc etc) therefore creating a demand for the resources which new players who are casually leveling through the lower leveled areas of dofus could use to start making enough money to fund their future sets,bread,zaap and zaapi fares and also paying craftsmen who provide a service for said new player.

Another reason is the cost of characteristic scrolls is disgusting on my current server (I cannot speak for any other server as rushu has, and always will be, my home) and not everyone can afford to scroll their characters,which would be an incredible waste of a wonderful system (especially for players whose class caps are atrocious).

The Doploon cost to fully scroll a single stat is 9800, which I'm sure a lot of you will agree is a very high amount considering at the very least a person will scroll (Provided he/she takes part in pvp and wishes to scroll) 2 stats,if not 3 resulting in a total cost of 29400 doploons for a SINGLE character,let alone multiple characters.

Characteristic Scrolls coming from Achievements,Monster Drops,Resource exchange or Doploons would also be an excellent way to make Scrolling achievable by pretty much everyone instead of having to rely on a dedicated bunch of people who do dopples or breed dragoturkeys in order to make money.

The only possible downside (If you can even call it a downside) would be a decrease in price of scrolls on the market and a potential loss of a money maker for high end players would be easily swallowed by the benefit for almost everyone,from lower leveled players to high end players,newcomers to Dofus (In regards to being able to make money via selling the resources they acquire by leveling)
There will always be a demand for characteristic scrolls,and there are also people out there who would rather buy the scrolls than gather resources or continuously do dopples each day,so selling scrolls on the market will still be a viable source of cash.

Now to add a personal note to my insane wall of text so it doesn't sound like some 'Fighting for Justice' speech.
When I first started Dofus,I didn't have a single thought of scrolling my own main,till around level 130 or so when I collected the resources to scroll my agility and wisdom, I sold all my resources and made enough money to buy and/or make my set's all throughout my Dofus career,and I felt damn proud of my hard work,and it shows because I still play that character as my official main.

I fought against people who collected those resources using bots and occasionally members of guilds we were at war with agressing me while I was hunting,and when all my hard work paid off the feeling of working for it myself instead of just buying the scrolls outright was great and it is in my personal opinion that other players should be able to work for their scrolls and kamas if they so wish to as well.

Stryke~

Edit: Also forget to mention now that pebbles are required for all Frigost Gear recipes and can be exchanged for Kolossotokens the price and availability for characteristic scrolls will suffer.

2 0

I believe on Shika the price of a powerful or great scroll is around ~50kk each, while a small is ~10kk? I've never scrolled my characters nor have I tried to make money, so I'm not entirely sure.

But considering I've got plans to hybrid my cra str/cha, I really need scrolls to scroll my vit,cha,wis,str. At the moment, that would take me ages to gather all those scrolls, even if I used all 6 of my characters (2 of which fight lv 160 dopples, 2 fight lv 140s, 2 fight lv 120s). What did you say, 10k of doploons per? So that's 40,000 doploons I would need, and I think on my eca (lv 157 or so) I get 14 doploons per, bonus of 360 or so, maybe slightly more (can't be more precise as I haven't done them in ages). So that's about 600 a day. Assume all my characters were fighting lv 160 dopples, and I did them all each day (which would take me ages and leave me with not a lot of time to do much else) I would be gathering in 3,600 doploons a day.

That's 3 days to scroll one stat, and not having a life outside of dopples. A normal dopple run takes me maybe 3/4 mins per dopple, a few mins to run between them... About an hour or so overall I think. I don't want to be spending 6 hours a day on dopples, just to be able to scroll 1 stat after 3 days. For my cra, that would take me almost 2 weeks to scroll (assuming I haven't grossly over-estimated the amount of doploons I get) 4 stats, which would be 72 hours of Dofus play time spent on dopples.

I think an easy way to add more scrolls into the game would be to add more drops off monsters, as well as increasing the drop rates that some currently have. I believe that Kanigers have a chance to drop Great Strength scrolls at the moment (or they used to), with something like a 0.01% chance of doing so.
I think that all dungeon bosses should have a chance to drop a scroll of whatever type of damage they do. So Moowolf could drop strength scrolls, Skeunk drops Int scrolls etc. And if there's a monster with no specific elemental type, it can drop vit or wis scrolls.

I think that scrolls shouldn't just be a "reward" for those who grind for hours to get them. They should be available to normal players who just want to play the game and beat up random mobs with their friends. On the downside, this could increase grinding of a specific monster... I suppose most ideas are gonna have downsides as well, so it's just a matter of finding a method which helps players, and is hard to abuse by bots/those who have 8 accounts. (no offence to anyone intended)

0 0
xzaosllama3|2013-05-16 14:57:46
I believe on Shika the price of a powerful or great scroll is around ~50kk each, while a small is ~10kk? I've never scrolled my characters nor have I tried to make money, so I'm not entirely sure.

Really? The Prices of Great and Powerful (cept for Str) is anywhere from 80kk~300kk depending on who is currently in charge of the supply for that day/week/month.

I haven't even bothered making a healer to go along with my main when I do dungeon runs cause of the inability to scroll it.

SilentRevenge|2013-05-13 10:46:31

if the topic is an idea that the devs have already made their final decision on, we will provide an explanation regarding it, in such a case the #2 topic will be created instead.

So first we had to run this idea by the devs to see if there is any hope for discussion to take place.
Sadly, the initial reaction was "The feature will never return" BUT they also said "We are open to discuss about improving the current ways to obtain scrolls".
My argument, albeit a worthless one in regards to that statement there is.

Jagex said they would never make the Wilderness a pvp zone again after changing it in the darker days of Runescape (Forgive me world for even uttering that word) But look where that got them lol.
In exchange for spot in the Guiness Book of World Records (Which they also lied about the purpose behind the poll) they brought back that so called 'Never again' addition to their game.

Back to a more reasonable comment, I would support the introduction of other ways to obtain scrolls,but on the condition that is has NOTHING to do with Player Vs Player.

PvP and PvM should never mix,which was already broken by the introduction of Sparkling Pebbles in a lot of Frigost Gear and the Pandala Villages.
0 0
Score : 6477

Well as it stands the Devs would like PvP only players to be capable of doing just that.

For that reason they will intermix.

In terms of how long and how tedious it is to scroll, that is a down side of having alts.

You have your alts, you want to scroll your alts, you need to invest more time.
Having multiple accounts allows you to get scrolled faster than a solo accounter on 1 character.

The resource exchange makes botting much less profitable, which is a great thing for everyone...aside from botters.

I can say that boss drops with a low % may be something the Devs would go for.
But even then, this would cause lower level Dungy farming by higher level characters to get these scrolls, which is frowned upon.

Dungy lvl up to 50=small
up to 100=reg
up to 150=great
up to 200= powerful

That may be a valid option.

In terms of use for lower level mats, I feel scrolls aren't a good solution for those.

0 0

As it is, there are already some bosses which seem to have a high drop-rate for scrolls.

In the past few months, I've run Wa Wabbit about 5/6 times. And every single time, without fail, I've had a Great Vitality scroll drop. That said, I may just be unusually lucky as then first Cawwot Dofus I got after one of these runs was 47 wisdom lol.

0 0
Score : 55
xzaosllama3|2013-05-16 20:13:22
As it is, there are already some bosses which seem to have a high drop-rate for scrolls.

In the past few months, I've run Wa Wabbit about 5/6 times. And every single time, without fail, I've had a Great Vitality scroll drop. That said, I may just be unusually lucky as then first Cawwot Dofus I got after one of these runs was 47 wisdom lol.
8.1% drop rate at 100 prospecting, so it's not that low, given the time it takes to reach Wabbit Castle, it seems fair enough..

I'm not too sure how prospecting works, however I think that it's 16.2% per character with 200 prospecting, 32.4% per character with 400 prospecting and 64.8% per character with 800 prospecting, and so on.

I'm not sure if there's a cap on how many scrolls can drop per run though, it's probably capped at 1 per Wa Wabbit kill.
0 0
Electricotter|2013-05-16 19:28:52
Well as it stands the Devs would like PvP only players to be capable of doing just that.

For that reason they will intermix.

In terms of how long and how tedious it is to scroll, that is a down side of having alts.

You have your alts, you want to scroll your alts, you need to invest more time.
Having multiple accounts allows you to get scrolled faster than a solo accounter on 1 character.

The resource exchange makes botting much less profitable, which is a great thing for everyone...aside from botters.

I can say that boss drops with a low % may be something the Devs would go for.
But even then, this would cause lower level Dungy farming by higher level characters to get these scrolls, which is frowned upon.

Dungy lvl up to 50=small
up to 100=reg
up to 150=great
up to 200= powerful

That may be a valid option.

In terms of use for lower level mats, I feel scrolls aren't a good solution for those.
My argument in terms of the lower level mats is when Ankama took away that specific use for resources, all the bots went straight to profession resources instead,making it almost impossible for people to gather resources such as Wood,Ore,Cereals and Flowers in order to level up their professions or to help friends and guildies out.

It also cut off a viable source of income for newer players who don't have level 100 professions or friends to help them out which stopped a majority of newcomers to servers like Rushu.
Resource prices dropped to abysmal amounts,Scroll costs skyrocketed and as far as I'm aware its also destroying Profession Resource Markets.

People are also starting to bot dragoturkey breeding in order to mass produce scrolls easily.
The old system was fine,resource prices were fine,it helped out lower leveled players,it helped higher level players,it helped people with alts,it stopped bots ruining gathering professions...there was absolutely no reason to change that system whatsoever.
But what has been done has been done,one can only hope Ankama sees the problems taking away that system has caused and at least do something to restore balance.

And as for "You have your alts,you want to scroll your alts" I have no alts,not till my main is all sorted and I find my reason to keep playing Dofus.

I also don't know why people keep mentioning Skill Point Scrolls,Skill Point Scrolls are not Characteristic Scrolls.
Its bad enough I lose out on some aspects of PvM for Pvp,I don't want to lose the purpose of my suggestion to PvP as well.

Also,as fair as the Dungeon Scroll drops sounds,it also means people who cannot do those high end dungeons miss out.
1 0
Respond to this thread