By #[Izmar] - ADMIN - July 02, 2013, 00:01:00
Announcements
Reactions 53
Score : 7481
InuzukaKiba|2013-07-03 06:57:07
Revil-Nunor|2013-07-03 06:34:54
Danny-manster|2013-07-03 06:04:20
you guys could try google translate..
Doesn't work. It misses a lot of nuances in a conversation.

To add, Google Translate is a special version of *awful* at French, to the point that it'll butcher slightly complicated sentences. Or miss obvious negatives.
To add to that point:
" To add Google Translate is a special version from * terrible French, so that it will fill a few complex sentences. Negative or miss obvious."

That's what I got from translating that from English > French, then back to English. Word order is messed up, it's missed out a few words, and changed the meaning...
0 0
Score : 6184

Its something i'd like to do. I would love to see for myself if anything actually changes because of the zenith. From this side of the table all I can see is a list of things which are 'supposed' to have came from us but i know for a fact some of the list has been suggested way before the person it says did it.

I'm pretty known on here for ankama bashing (apart from izmar, she deserves more, from putting up with me alone). I have strong opinionated feelings that they really don't care for most of us, and the fact the support for anyone non french overall is very poor to say the least.

Well, i would apply too but I have a real life too, I have a little 3 year old boy and another on the way, a full time job and real friends to see. Dofus is simply a part from couple of hour a day thing for me. I wouldn't have the time.

0 0
Score : 2952

As much as id love to do my part and be a member of the Zenith team,it pains me to say that I am not suitable for the task at hand,due to the fact I am not exactly a member of the community (In the sense I don't talk to others often in game) and I am a rather single minded person when it comes to community opinions.

Good Luck recruiting!

0 0
Score : 1936

Good luck to all the applicants and represent our Community well smile 

0 0
Score : 2

good afternoon, my name is sam I m 17 and I m from morocco I would love to be one of the translation team members I speak fluent French and English . I m currently living in los Angeles . please inbox me if you guys need a member

0 0
Score : 7481
Xx-baby-summon-xX|2013-07-06 02:04:13
good afternoon, my name is sam I m 17 and I m from morocco I would love to be one of the translation team members I speak fluent French and English . I m currently living in los Angeles . please inbox me if you guys need a member

If you want to apply, you need to send an annabox message to the account that is stated in first post in this topic smile 
0 0
Score : 3

what is the reward for created application?

0 0
Score : 757
jea-beibi|2013-07-06 13:22:28
For Christ's sake people, it tells you everything in this post/in the application explanation.

You don't get a "reward" for creating an application. Just like you don't get a cookie for applying to a job. The "reward", should you surpass the other applicants, is that become part of the Zenith...Which is the whole point of the thread.
0 0
Score : 2952
jea-beibi|2013-07-06 13:22:28
Your 'reward' is the ability to feel good about yourself for helping the community.
0 0
Score : 724

I would like to apply since I can speak both English and French but i think i dont master the English langueage good enough, too bad.

0 0
Score : 1112

I think I left becoming active again a little too late. smile

0 0
Score : 2920

The size and skill of our Zenith team will determine how much of our community's feedback can reach the Devs and how quickly we can respond to new changes they propose to the Zone and Zenith teams.

Right now, the active Zenith team is only a small handful of people. With these few, we can only handle one topic at a time. As you can see from the public Zenith threads, there are a lot of active topics out there.

Our method is simple in concept but time-consuming in execution. We look at the official forums, Imps Village, test servers, and our own servers for discussions and concepts for feedback. We take that feedback and summarize it. This part can be time-consuming, as we like to discuss and debate over the quality and completeness of the feedback to ensure the viewpoints of everyone are represented and the excess fluff removed.

Then our summarizers take these bullet lists and draft a document for submission to the Developers on the private Zone 48 forums. The summarizers work with the translation team to make sure the intent behind the document is accurately portrayed.

Once the feedback is submitted to the Devs, they almost always comment and start dialogue with us. It's worth noting this does not happen for each of the french players posting on the Zone 48! Our feedback is usually so complete and varied in its presentation that the Devs choose to respond to it. This can be time consuming as well, because our translators have to quickly translate the responses so we can provide counter-points, disagreements, or agreements with the Devs' points.

Once the conversation is essentially complete and we are given permission to notify our own community of any discussions occurring, we draft up a copy of the back and forth on the public Zenith threads.

With all this activity, I'm sure you can see why we need people that not only have time to talk to our own community, but also have time to craft responses, translate, and carry on the conversation.

It's not all work and no play mind you. We have meetings on teamspeak with Izmar to discuss the topics at hand and we have a lot of fun discussing upcoming changes as well as what we think our community wants when we can't share information with the community at large. It's also exciting to see when the developers agree with our community and decide to change upcoming content to suit our requests. It has happened several times now, and will only continue if we have fresh volunteers wanting to join the ranks.

I know the application is a bit lengthy, but that was partially by design. People unwilling or not having the time to fill out the application certainly won't be a good fit for the work of the Zenith. But those of you with some time to donate to your community, it's much appreciated, and you will have the extra goodies of knowing what's happening before it does, as well as being able to steer the development of the game.

Thanks for your consideration and applications!

-Whadda

0 0

That's it, folks! Applications are officially closed for the moment.

Thanks to all the people who took the time to send in an application. The team will be reviewing the applications and contacting people for interviews soon!

Best of luck to you all. =)

Score : 1890

Aw! I wanted to apply but ran out of time. Sh*t happens I guess! sleep

-Yen.

0 0
Respond to this thread