FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Divine Dimensions Feedback

By Aldarana - SUBSCRIBER - May 17, 2014, 10:26:28

Update 2.19 brings several changes to the world of the 12, most notably 3 new mechanics for dungeon fighters.

Modification One - dynamic dimension portals
* There is one dynamic entrance portal per server, and its exact location varies from server to server.
* The portal is limited to 32 uses and after that automatically moves location (or if the portal isn’t used within 24 hours.
* There are no dungeon teleports, save points or bunches of keys.

Modification Two - waves of monsters
* There are 5 waves of monsters, similar to a dungeon, but without break between mobs or the need to move rooms.
* If you die in a dungeon you leave the Divine Dimension and have to start again from the beginning, but won’t need a new key to access the dungeon again.
* Teams need to balance healing, damage, protection and support.
* The modular dungeon function will be kept - the number of monsters vs. players and the difficulty - will change with the size of the group.

Modification Three - combat modifiers
* These are supplementary effects that are applied during the entire fight. They pairings of one positive and one negative effect that may make fights easier or harder.

We welcome your feedback and thoughts on these new modifications. Have you encountered any problems? Do you like these new ways of fighting creatures?

Dynamic dimension portals
* How easy is it follow the ‘visual clues’ for the access quests to unlock the divine dimensions?
* How long does to take to complete the access quest? Is this an appropriate amount of time to unlock a complete area?
* Is it possible to complete the access quest on any character, regardless of level, class etc?
* Is the limit on usages for the portal access acceptable, not enough or about right for your server?
* Are there any places where portals should not spawn?

Waves of monsters
* Have your team completed the ‘survival mode’ and beaten all 5 waves of monsters?
** Which dungeon level did you complete? (100, 150 or 200)
** What level was your team?
** Which classes and builds did you use?
** Which classes are essential to use?

* Similarly, if your team did not complete ‘survival mode’, why do you think this might have happened?
* Are the quantity of mobs (HP, spells, AP/MP) appropriate for the player levels?
* How did you find the wave of monsters mechanic? Did it work as you expected?

Combat modifiers
* Were the modifiers combinations acceptable? Did they make the fights easier/harder?

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 6161

Dynamic dimension portals:
-That really depends on the area the hunt is in. It is pretty easy for the most part, but, in some areas, like Bonta and Brakmar (which have a LOT of details and it is hard to find everything), it can be pretty difficult. Also, some of the clues are hard to figure out, and there seems to be some bugs in these hunts in general (a clue that is 13 maps away instead of the 10 the game says it is the limit, pointing the wrong direction, telling the player to go x maps in a direction that the player has no way to follow, so on). In general, it is possible to find the portal, and it is possible to even bump into it accidentally, but it would be nice if some of that was changed. Also, it is very annoying when the portal appear on areas that not everyone can go.

-Any hunt usually takes about half an hour. It's ok, since when 1 party member finds it, all of the other party members can just go to the portal.

-Never saw the limit matter. Then again, I don't see many people going there.

-Again, they should only spawn in areas everyone can go with a simple quest.

Waves of monsters:

-Yes.

-100. But I'm pretty confident we could take on the 150 one...we had a hard time on the first dungeon, but mostly for not understanding the monsters there.

-At the time, 2 190+ characters, 1 165, and 1 110. I think. There might have been another character, and I just can't remember.

-Str/agi sacrier, int feca, int/agi panda, cha enutrof.

-No class was essential in the lvl 100 dungeon, really. The 150 monsters also didn't really require a specific class, though I don't know the 150 boss.

-I don't think the monsters are too problematic in the lvl 100 and 150 areas. They are annoying, yes, but not really strong. Their damage is pretty tame for their levels, in comparison to how it has been in other areas (Kanigrula with a party of 160's, anyone?). Their hp might be a bit too high in the lvl 100 area for a lvl 100 party, though...especially with the boss taking only one hit every 2 turns.

-Yes, it worked well. But there is a problem...classes with self induced erosion. Sacriers will have a hard time in these dungeons, due to their eternal erosion debuffs. That is a huge problem. I understand they need the self inflict erosion, but I think making it so that it will only last for a couple of turns as opposed to lasting forever would be a great improvement.

Combat modifiers:

-I think they were ok. It always had a good side and a bad side. A party can make use of the good side, and work around the bad side. Sometimes, they will make the fight a lot easier. Sometimes, they can be a pain (like the one that makes everyone unhealable...extra vitality doesn't compensate for that, I think granting a small lifesteal to every damaging spell would be better). But for the most part, it's ok.

0 0
Score : 15681

The portal hunt is challenging and does seem a bit buggy. For example one hunt had a clue to find a "thorny plant" and had to retry about 6 times because I was looking at plants on the ground, when it really meant a thorny tree. Overall, the hunt for the portal entrance isn't too bad though.

With regard to the wave dungeons I haven't been able to access any of them yet. The fact that the key bunch doesn't work to give me access is extremely annoying. I've been working on gathering mats to make keys for my characters but its a huge barrier to entry for me, especially when I consider that if I die then I've got to gather mats and make keys again.

The combat modifiers have been fun so far. I like that they change up the combat quite a bit and make fighting the same monsters a fresh new experience. The downside is that if you mess up when learning a new combat modifier and die then you have to hunt for the portal again (if it has moved since you last used it).

I feel like there should be a respawn point (not a zaap) in the divine dimensions so that dying isn't so much of a penalty. You would still have to hunt the portal to get in, but if you died you would respawn inside the dimension instead of outside.

I like a challenge but generally speaking I feel that between needing to farm keys for the wave dungeons instead of using the keybunch, and needing to find the portal again if you die these divine dimensions make dying way too annoying for them to be an ongoing place to enjoy playing. I'm probably going to do the quests and achievements but once I'm done with that I'm probably not going to be going back, because the penalties make it more chore than fun.

3 0
Score : 1777

I absolutely love the divine dimention.

I like the combat modifiers, wave system, the fact that when you die you have to look for it again... Honestly, it all lays well with me.

I have to say though, that making keys is really annoying. It'd be better if there was a mashine in the dimention that'd allow you to craft the key without the help of a handyman; if that would be the case, removing any other res but those that you obtain from monsters would be cool too. Additionally, I thought it would be pretty cool if you could bribe dungeon keepers with kamatrix to let you in.

The best part of the divine dimention is the fact that it's a self-contained area. You can do every quest (at least to my knowledge) without leaving the place, monsters and mechanics are unique and interesting and the design is just insanely good, even by Dofus standards. Because of that, all the difficulties connected to getting there only add to the feeling of detachment from standard world and the adventure.

So to conclude, please keep releasing these areas and make them self contained as much as possible! biggrin 

1 0
Score : 4476
Aldarana|2014-05-17 10:26:28
We welcome your feedback and thoughts on these new modifications. Have you encountered any problems? Do you like these new ways of fighting creatures?

* How easy is it follow the ‘visual clues’ for the access quests to unlock the divine dimensions?
* How long does to take to complete the access quest? Is this an appropriate amount of time to unlock a complete area?
* Is it possible to complete the access quest on any character, regardless of level, class etc?
* Is the limit on usages for the portal access acceptable, not enough or about right for your server?

Some of the clues are pretty terrible. Also the limit of 2 tries on the portal hunt doesn't make sense since you will get the same set of clues when you retake it. It simply forces you to take the quest on a separate character or waste like 10 minutes until you can retake the hunt on the same character.

Edit: A little anecdote...please bear with me: So yesterday after finally convincing my team mate (who now can't even stand hearing the word dofus...) to log on and try the easiest Enurado dungeon with me, I proceeded to start the portal hunt. It was in Incarnam so I was thinking sweet, won't take too long. However, in the second stage one of the clues was go down until you see a bench. And regardless of how well I followed the clues I would keep getting it wrong. And after several attempts and wasted time, my team mate ended up just logging. I relogged on several hours later and still no one had found the portal even though there were several high levels running around Incarnam earlier, presumably looking for the portal as well. I had to ignore the first bench I came to and go down quite a few more maps to proceed and make the portal visible. When the clues are just that blatantly wrong it gets really frustrating and really makes one not want to do it.

The access quest is fine, all my characters are around the same level and they were able to do it just fine regardless of class.

In my opinion the portal should only be tied to the 24 hour limit rather than 32 uses. When the content first came out 32 uses were no where near enough, and portal was constantly changing, now it seems like people have to waste the uses just to change the combat modifier. Perhaps the combat modifier can be tied to something else, rather than the access portal.

As for places the portal shouldn't spawn the only few I can think of would be are maze like areas such as Evil Forest or Nauseating Swamps, simply because the clues can get wonky when one map has two or more distinct parts to it that you simply can't waltz across to; the maze areas tend to have quite a few of those maps.

Waves of monsters
* Have your team completed the ‘survival mode’ and beaten all 5 waves of monsters?

* Similarly, if your team did not complete ‘survival mode’, why do you think this might have happened?
* Are the quantity of mobs (HP, spells, AP/MP) appropriate for the player levels?
I have yet to try any of the dungeons, simply because I can't be bothered to craft the keys. Make things a challenge, sure, but there's a difference between something being challenging and something being just a hassle that serves no other function but discourage people from trying the content. My handyman made quite a bit of kamas the first few days but honestly I would much rather have the key on bunch. And since there's no save point, if you die, you would still have to actually craft keys if you don't want to wait another week to retry.

Edit:
So I finally got around to making a few keys and trying the level 100 dungeon. So I can give a little bit of feedback based on that. Our team was all 200s, Str Iop, Int Eni, Cha Enu and an Astrub Knight. It was, as it should have been, pretty easy and I couldn't really judge what classes would've been necessary. Plus we had that modifier that increases damage every turn so .-. I can see how the dungeon might be difficult for level 100 characters though.

I thought the wave mechanic was interesting. I can see it becoming a real problem when the monsters are much more difficult and harder to kill. If I were to be honest, I didn't really know what to expect. Dofus is pretty much the only game I play so if there are other turn based games that integrate monster waves into the fight I wouldn't really know. I thought it was cool though, just because it was something new and it was interesting to see how the monsters just integrated into the fight's pace.

Combat modifiers
* Were the modifiers combinations acceptable? Did they make the fights easier/harder?
They are interesting. Some make it harder some make fights easier.

Overall, I can understand the sentiment of wanting to make the divine dimensions challenging and it is in a lot of respects, however I feel that some of the mechanisms are really just nothing but a hassle, especially when you have another mechanism already in place to make the situation challenging. Specifically: no bunch and no save points, and not having a save point in the dimension itself yet still having two limiters on the access portal. Those are the things that seem kind of overkill to me.
1 0
Score : 2387
Dynamic dimension portals * How easy is it follow the ‘visual clues’ for the access quests to unlock the divine dimensions? * How long does to take to complete the access quest? Is this an appropriate amount of time to unlock a complete area? * Is it possible to complete the access quest on any character, regardless of level, class etc? * Is the limit on usages for the portal access acceptable, not enough or about right for your server? * Are there any places where portals should not spawn?Add Quote Here
I really like how you have to go portal hunting in order to reach the area - it really sets itself apart from the rest of the game.

However - I think there's too much of a difference whether you're searching for the portal in Incarnam, Astrub, Brakmar or Frigost, with the last 2 being a lot more difficult then the first mentioned. I don't mind the difficult searches, but it would be nice if the areas such as Brakmar and Frigost would only require 2 steps of clues rather then the usual 3.

I think the limit of usages might be too high actually. Now that the thrill of going to Enurado has taken off, people don't use it as much - and if you're stuck on a bad modifier, you sometimes just opt to leave Enurado entirely and try another day.

Waves of monsters * Have your team completed the ‘survival mode’ and beaten all 5 waves of monsters? ** Which dungeon level did you complete? (100, 150 or 200) ** What level was your team? ** Which classes and builds did you use? ** Which classes are essential to use? Add Quote Here
My team, consisting of 4 characters, Sram (200), Panda (18x), Eni (11x-18x), Feca, (17x-18x), have completed Brutatax and Drheller dungeon, I have yet to try out Nidas.I've died horribly in Drheller on multiple occasions, until I learned how to deal with boss. The dungeon is tough if you can't keep up with the spawn rate, but the map layout works in your favor which is really nice!

When fighting Dhreller it's essential to use MP raping (in my case MP rape AoE from Sram and Feca).

* Similarly, if your team did not complete ‘survival mode’, why do you think this might have happened? * Are the quantity of mobs (HP, spells, AP/MP) appropriate for the player levels? * How did you find the wave of monsters mechanic? Did it work as you expected?Add Quote Here
The first few runs I died in the dungeon because i didn't know how to get around Drheller. Only on 3rd or 4th run I realized that there was a countdown on that KO spell ;-)

The quantity of mobs is just perfect in my opinion. It's often not until the very last few rounds of the fights that I get to fight fewer then 5 mobs.
It's a challenge to fight them off, but neither impossible nor too easy!

I really like the mechanic! It's a nice chance from the other dungeons. The only problem is that you often have to use a lot of time completing the dungeons. When I usually do dungeons, I like to sit and do stuff in-between rooms (like now, while I'm running Fuji dungeon).
I don't do the enurado dungeons often, not even on a weekly basis, but everyone once in a while I want a difference experience and then Enurado dungeons is my goto! smile

Combat modifiers
I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with the modifiers. More often then not, a hate relationship. Some modifiers are awesome and make for some fun different fights, while others just renders some classes completely useless (No heal ability for instance).

There are multiple modifiers I'd like to see gone, and many times have I reached Enurado, only to leave again because the modifier had too much of a downside.
Don't get me wrong - I like how I have to think differently, but if the modifier adds 15% resistance to the element I attack with and only -5% resistance in all other elements, the downside far overshadows the upside of the modifier. Although I hit with 3 different elements, the final damage output at the end of the round would have been bigger without a modifier.

Regarding the modifiers, I think there should be a way to either through a quest change the modifier, or perhaps change the modifier (still randomized) for a group for 1-5 fights. Waiting for the portal to run out of entries or time takes too long if you just want the modifier to change.

Oh and btw - a few of you mentions that if you loose you have to get new keys. That is NOT the case. Like previously mentioned, I have died in Dhreller dungeon a few times, but have been able to enter the dungeon again without a new key.
I however also vote for Enurado dungeons to be added to Bunch Of Keys!
1 0
Score : 15681
if you're stuck on a bad modifier, you sometimes just opt to leave Enurado entirely and try another day.

You can force the portal to move / modifier to change by just going in and out over and over again until it uses up, that way you don't have to wait a day.
0 0
Score : 6935

The ones that are mostly hidden behind something are kind of annoying, but I don't think anybody has found any that were impossible.

I can't remember, so it couldn't have been that bad.

See previous answer.

I agree (as stated in an above post) there should be no limit, it should be time based only. I also agree that the modifier should rotate based on time as well. With fewer people using the portal it's quite annoying to change it manually.

Any place that everybody cannot get to.

Waves of monsters

In the first two dungeons, yes. I do not believe anybody on Zato has beaten Nidas yet. And if that doesn't say it for you, I think that one was made too difficult.

The first two.

Cra, Eca, Feca, Sac, Fog, Eni, Panda,Osa

None that I noticed for the first two, and only the bomb walls seems to matter in Nidas, with the right modifier.

Nobody on Zato has in Nidas, not for lack of trying, I think it's just too hard.

Amob of 8 in the 200 are seems to be too much, at least for my group. And we are by no means beginners or undergeared.

It worked as I thought it would, but that doesn't make me like it.

Combat modifiers

A couple of them seemed to favor the monsters more than they should, but none were insurmountable.

Overall, I think it was very well done and cannot wait for the next one, but because of the high level of difficulty in the 200 area with the modifiers added in, my friends and I have not been able to complete Silence is Golden or the quests requiring a Nidas run. Allow me to qualify that by adding that we have/do run the Frigost 3 dungeons in the same grouping.

Perhaps we will find a way eventually.
1 0
Score : 1548

Probably useless but I'll share my thoughts on one aspect of the divine dimensions.

There are 3 parts to every dimension (lvl 100 area, 150, 200) and for each there are similar quests. Specifically, there is always a quest in which I have to kill a mob of monsters with the 'help' of an NPC. Now, my level 200 team of 4 manages to complete the quest in the first 2 parts (lvl 100, lvl 150) but I always fail when I have to battle lvl 200 mobs.

Like OhGurl said, my team is in no way undergeared or 'weak' since I passed almost every frig 3 dungeon yet I cannot survive against more than 3 level 200 monsters of any dimension. They have too much hp and they are ultimately too powerful.

Because of this, I always hit that ceiling whenever I want to complete all dimension quests since there's always this quest which requires me to kill an overpowered mob of lvl 200 monsters while trying to protect a clumsy NPC.

0 0
Respond to this thread