FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

2.21 Spoiler - Taken from the French Official Forums

By Makutu - SUBSCRIBER - May 28, 2014, 17:05:42

Dear community,

Please find below the translation of two posts we felt would be of interest to you all. My sincere apologies for any typos or errors in translation.

Posted today, by Sylfaen on the French OF

As explained here*, the redesign of Fecas must be postponed because the timing is not appropriate for an extensive gameplay change to a class.
However, the 2.21 update is not completely devoid of class changes, in preparation for the upcoming Goultarminator. We were able to work on expected adjustments, for classes that raised concerns, without altering gaming habits.
The changelog of the beta version is not yet ready to be published, but I wanted to extract information from the game designers as soon as possible, so that you can prepare for this summer!
Of course, and as always, these changes are not completely definitive and may be modified during the beta test phase.
Here's a first look at the changes we will bring to Ecaflips, Osamodas and the Archetypal Bow .

Ecaflip
  • Ecaflip's luck can no longer be unbewitched.
  • Topkaj is limited to 2 cast per target and 4 casts per turn.
  • Rough tongue no longer deals damage to allies. On allies, the +range gain is applied during the current turn, whilst the range malus is applied during the following turn.
  • Repercussion - the cooldown is increased by one turn.
  • Feline Spirit - if the spell isn't recasted, the HP loss is replaced by a reduction of 1 turn to the Ecaflip's spell duration. This spell is no longer affected by the "Lucky Devil" state.
  • Reflex - The applied erosion is now 15% at lvl 6. Whilst in "Lucky Devil" state, the erosion is no longer applied but the spell becomes a life steal and its damages are increased.
  • Playful Claw - Whilst in "Lucky Devil" state, the damages are increased.
  • Rekop - Spell damages are further increased when they take effect 2 and 3 turns after being casted.
  • Felintion - The HP heal on allies is based on a percentage of its maximum vitality (12% at level 6).

Osamodas:

• Natural Defence and Toad no longer affect resurrected characters.
  • Spiritual Leash:
    • Revived characters no longer go through an unhealable state.
    • The AP cost is now 3 across all levels of the spell.
    • The range is now of 3 across all levels of the spell.
    • The HP percentage of revived targets has been increased - 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, 40%, and 50% HP at levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 respectively.
    • When a character is revived, all allies suffer a 30% resistance malus while said revived character is alive. This penalty is not applied when a summon is revived.

Archetypal Bow
  • The minimum range of this weapon is now 4, the maximum range is now 7, the CH rate is now 1/45 and the CH bonus is now of 10.

* - Other post written by Sylfaen, dated today

Hello everyone,

The redesign of the Feca class is ready since 2.19 but had to be postponed because the spell animations were not finalized. We have then promised repeatedly to the last 2.21 days , because we were sure that everything was ready this time .
However, we decided not to deploy the redesign immediately.
This is a decision we obviously regret in part, because we are convinced, as much as you all are, of the need for this reform... but the exceptional situation won't allow us.

Ankama has recently encountered some difficulties, as explained by Tot, and we do not want to release changes that could lead to a loss of subscribers, even if only temporarily .
Such redesigns, as necessary and positive for the game (medium to long term) as they may be, inevitably results in changes in the habits of players. Thus, some who are satisfied with the class as it is today, with its imbalances and weaknesses of gameplay, could very well lose interest after the overhaul.

In a difficult time, when we need the unanimous support of the players, we can not afford to divide our community. We will come back to this once we find ourselves in a more favorable time for significant changes.
We assure you, we are as disappointed with this as you all are, and we thank you in advance for your understanding .
3 -1
First Ankama intervention

Giant blocks of texts have been mod-edited many-a-time for those with short memories, but usually, the team focuses on posts that are enormous walls of text with only one sentence of response, or something like "I agree" at the end. Nero's been taking it to the next level of enforcement, and it's greatly appreciated. =)

This is not a hard-and-fast character limit type of rule, but if you're quoting several "PgDn"s of text, it might be a good idea to consider condensing.

And now, I think it's time that we get back on topic. smile 

See message in context
Reactions 149
Score : 5262

I am extremely disappointed. What is with them changes to Spirtual leash? Especially with the 30% res malus and Toad and Natural Defence no longer effecting a revied character.

Thanks for this little sneak peak though Chay. Really appreciated.

0 0
Score : 6418
Sackrace|2014-05-28 17:25:21
I am extremely disappointed. What is with them changes to Spirtual leash? Especially with the 30% res malus and Toad and Natural Defence no longer effecting a revied character.

Thanks for this little sneak peak though Chay. Really appreciated.

The changes to Leash are an overall buff, in my opinion. The spell only costs 3 AP, gives them more health back, and doesn't make the revived ally unhealable. This means you can revive them and heal them, and then your team's Eni can WoR them when they go next.

Question, though: Will the range be boostable or no?
0 0

I would much prefer to have unhealable for 2 turns and able to use toad/nat defence and then not have a 30% res for all my team mates.

And with the range being 3 across all levels, i wouldn't imagine it being boostable

0 0
Score : 4477

The Leash nerf is too harsh. The lower AP cost and being healable no way compensates for the -30% resistance for all allies....if this stays the way it is I don't even see a point in reviving a character now.

1 0
Score : 6161

Let's see this here.

Ecaflip:
Eca luck: didn't change for the better or gotten worse. You can't unbewitch the penalties, but you also can't avoid the heals, so, it's ok.
Topkaj: yay, yet ANOTHER nerf on eca range. Will something else get a boost in range? Because for the class to keep it's versatility, it needs to have ranged damage too, and our range has been consistently nerfed.
Rough tongue: interesting. Does the spell consider eca as an ally, or will it still take damage?
Repercussion: don't really care. They could take this spell off for all I care.
Feline spirit: now this one got a major boost, and it will need a damage reduction. For starters, the unbewitch can work in our favor if used correctly, so it isn't necessarily a weakness. The high damage was OK because it was possible to screw us completely, but now, it will only be a minor setback at best, and a really strong spell at worse.
Reflex: don't care about erosion. The lifesteal, though, is REALLY nice, and will give agi ecas a lot more of survivability.
Playful claw: again, nice.
Rekop: wait, shouldn't it do that already?
Felinition: yay, NOW people will have reason to complain. Now, any eca can be a decent healer, without gear or stat sacrifice. While it will be nice for ecas, it will render the int build almost useless (since topkaj will be nerfed, str will be better at ranged combat; and since any build can heal, int isn't really necessary), and now, ANY eca can heal, which will make the class a lot more problematic in PvP. Even if 12% max hp heals mean a nerf in felinition heals (from 500 to 360 in a 3000 hp character...or 600 hp in a 5000 hp character, which is becoming more and more common, so it's not even a heal nerf at all).

In conclusion: this isn't a nerf. This is a buff, except for int ecas. NOW it is overpowered. NOW it will be a real problem, because any build will be able to deal lots of damage and heal, not worrying about int stat and sets. Int ecas will get way weaker, and not really as relevant. Still good healers, though, so I guess the build can still be good, just not really a necessary stat.

About osas: really didn't like it. At all. This is a HUGE nerf for no real reason. No one will use leash again, it's better to go on without that character and honestly, leash is the main reason osas are used in teams. If the resistance debuff was, say, 10%, I would be OK with it, but as is, it's better to leave the dead people buried.

1 0
Score : 194

More buff for ecas... makes me feel sad.. ecas already strong

0 0
Score : 3

Personally don't like the changes, just going to share my opinion. Especially don't like the nerf to reflex when compared to other characters such as the rogue. I think the nerf is a bit heavy for that spell. 4 AP for 15% erosion, unless the effect was extended for 1 more turns, is a bit much I think. What they've done here by looks of things is halve the erosion that can be applied by this spell. The reduction to 15% means that instead of applying 50% erosion (45% + 10% base = 50% maxed erosion) you now only achieve 25% erosion. Not to mention that for Agi ecas they need to get real close to make that spell work well anyway so there is always risk to using it.

As a pure strength Eca I used reflex a lot when needing to play eni, sac, osa, feca teams - erosion becomes vital to balancing out the game play. I've seen other builds such as intel do the same.
Intel eca's get a big nerf with Topkaj - a potentially significant reduction in their damage potential per turn.

Also a small question in relation to feline spirit and the ecaflip's spell duration. What does this mean exactly? I don't think I'm understanding whether it is for all spell durations or just Feline Spirit.
And with Rekop what change is there sorry, I don't use Rekop but I always thought that the spells damage was increased the later they take effect? Maybe I misunderstood the spell but it already says that the later the damage is dealt the more significant it will be.

As for Osamados I think 30% resistance penalty on all allies for as long as the revived character is alive is simply going to make the spell redundant - you'd need to have a feca with you all the time.
Not looking promising for the future of ecaflips nor Osa.

As for Archetypal Bow I assume the AP cost is remaining the same? I don't see it mentioned anywhere. Sorry if I missed anything obvious and if I'm long winded, been a long day xD

EDIT: Just seeing Lynn's post and have to agree with much of what you're saying. Int eca's are taking a hard hit.
Without the strong erosion I don't think agi build will be worth it anymore.

0 0
Bell-Cross|2014-05-28 18:45:30
Personally don't like the changes, just going to share my opinion. Especially don't like the nerf to reflex when compared to other characters such as the rogue. I think the nerf is a bit heavy for that spell. 4 AP for 15% erosion, unless the effect was extended for 1 more turns, is a bit much I think. What they've done here by looks of things is halve the erosion that can be applied by this spell. The reduction to 15% means that instead of applying 50% erosion (45% + 10% base = 50% maxed erosion) you now only achieve 25% erosion. Not to mention that for Agi ecas they need to get real close to make that spell work well anyway so there is always risk to using it.

As a pure strength Eca I used reflex a lot when needing to play eni, sac, osa, feca teams - erosion becomes vital to balancing out the game play. I've seen other builds such as intel do the same.
Intel eca's get a big nerf with Topkaj - a potentially significant reduction in their damage potential per turn.

Also a small question in relation to feline spirit and the ecaflip's spell duration. What does this mean exactly? I don't think I'm understanding whether it is for all spell durations or just Feline Spirit.
And with Rekop what change is there sorry, I don't use Rekop but I always thought that the spells damage was increased the later they take effect? Maybe I misunderstood the spell but it already says that the later the damage is dealt the more significant it will be.

As for Osamados I think 30% resistance penalty on all allies for as long as the revived character is alive is simply going to make the spell redundant - you'd need to have a feca with you all the time.
Not looking promising for the future of ecaflips nor Osa.

As for Archetypal Bow I assume the AP cost is remaining the same? I don't see it mentioned anywhere. Sorry if I missed anything obvious and if I'm long winded, been a long day xD

EDIT: Just seeing Lynn's post and have to agree with much of what you're saying. In eca's are taking a hard hit.
Without the strong erosion I don't think agi build will be worth it anymore.

Reflex erosion stacks. We will get 40% erosion with 2 casts of reflex. With the lifesteal in place, agi ecas will have better survivability when needed too, so...as you can see, it's actually a buff. It will just not be very good to use just for the erosion, so...it's a nerf only for non agility characters, which is fine. You don't see rogues casting blunderbuss when they are not chance based, do you?

About feline spirit: I would guess it is for all spells. Which can be used to your advantage.

Rekop basically got a damage buff when it takes longer to activate. Rekop activates at random between 1 and 3 turns...and it was supposed to get stronger each turn, but the difference is small. That will be changed.
0 0
Score : 3
Lynn-Reiginleif|2014-05-28 18:57:01
Reflex erosion stacks. We will get 40% erosion with 2 casts of reflex. With the lifesteal in place, agi ecas will have better survivability when needed too, so...as you can see, it's actually a buff. It will just not be very good to use just for the erosion, so...it's a nerf only for non agility characters, which is fine. You don't see rogues casting blunderbuss when they are not chance based, do you?

About feline spirit: I would guess it is for all spells. Which can be used to your advantage.

Rekop basically got a damage buff when it takes longer to activate. Rekop activates at random between 1 and 3 turns...and it was supposed to get stronger each turn, but the difference is small. That will be changed.

Well I'm glad you agree Reflex is a nerf for non agility characters as that would be the vast majority of ecaflips as far as I'm aware.
And I do see rogues casting blunderbuss when they are not chance based. Blunderbuss has been used against me many times by Int rogues and plays big part in the outcome of the game. But I don't have an issue with that - I'm just trying to show the comparison in erosion values for AP cost and duration.

Also if it is for all spells why could that be an advantage? It's not saying the cooldown is decreased too far as I understand.

And thanks for clearing that up about Rekop, that makes more sense. smile 
0 0
Score : 4519
Lynn-Reiginleif|2014-05-28 18:23:27
Topkaj: yay, yet ANOTHER nerf on eca range. Will something else get a boost in range? Because for the class to keep it's versatility, it needs to have ranged damage too, and our range has been consistently nerfed.

Topkaj has 50% higher base damage than Heads or Tails, and around the same damage as Destructive Arrow, while costing 3 instead of 4AP. Even considering the short (boostable) range and bad softcaps, the spell is too strong with new high level equipment and Wheel of Fortune.

Feline spirit: now this one got a major boost, and it will need a damage reduction. For starters, the unbewitch can work in our favor if used correctly, so it isn't necessarily a weakness. The high damage was OK because it was possible to screw us completely, but now, it will only be a minor setback at best, and a really strong spell at worse.

I think currently, all Ecaflip builds frequently use Feline Spirit for mobility, but str Ecaflips have the most to lose from the recoil damage. This change makes it somewhat more fair. The short range of Feline Spirit means that using it to deal damage will still come with great risk. Now that Ecaflip's Luck, one of the most important Ecaflip buffs, is not unbewitchable, perhaps the penalty is insignificant compared to the former recoil damage on a full str Ecaflip. However the possibility of losing important team buffs like Immunity, Sacrifice, Toad etc could still be something Ecaflips need to consider when using Feline Spirit from now on.

Felinition: yay, NOW people will have reason to complain. Now, any eca can be a decent healer, without gear or stat sacrifice. While it will be nice for ecas, it will render the int build almost useless (since topkaj will be nerfed, str will be better at ranged combat; and since any build can heal, int isn't really necessary), and now, ANY eca can heal, which will make the class a lot more problematic in PvP. Even if 12% max hp heals mean a nerf in felinition heals (from 500 to 360 in a 3000 hp character...or 600 hp in a 5000 hp character, which is becoming more and more common, so it's not even a heal nerf at all).

Felintion still has awkward range, and having a damage dealing build spend AP to heal is always a sacrifice. The int build still has more flexible and efficient healing with Heads or Tails and All Or Nothing.
1 0

Eh, I don't really care about erosion, since I don't PvP. That's why I said, "don't care about erosion" =p And I have never even seen a rogue cast blunderbuss...except for rogue dopple, that is. Not exactly a popular class =p

It's an advantage because you can cast it to get rid of debuffs too. Like, say, vulnerability from a pandawa or the -resistance effect from wheel of fortune, and so on. If you want to keep your buffs, keep casting it, but this can easily be a debuff prevention.

0 0
Score : 27373

I don't care for the Osa changes much. They may trifle PvPers a little bit, but lets be honest when you are using Treadfast and you have 5,000 hp and a shitload of resistances already you won't really care and you will simply work around it meaning that lichen's grand designs really won't have any impact on Goultarminator. The winning team won't have an Osa anyway, so what is the difference?

But when you get around to the PvM aspect of this, it is devastating. Most people who are in the PvM side of the game aren't the hardcore Rodney Dangerfields who spit in the face of adversity, and this sort of a malus will have an awful impact on fights. If your Eni dies and you need it to win, but now it comes back with much lower health and you can't protect it, you think the ability to heal it and save 3 extra ap makes up for the loss of Toad and Natural Defense?

I realize lichen won't deign to reply, and probably doesn't really care about our opinion here, but it doesn't take a wizard to figure out this was PvP motivated and we are getting the short end of the stick yet again.

Separation of PvP and PvM is becoming more and more necessary.

3 -2
vagabaka|2014-05-28 19:21:29
Lynn-Reiginleif|2014-05-28 18:23:27

Topkaj has 50% higher base damage than Heads or Tails, and around the same damage as Destructive Arrow, while costing 3 instead of 4AP. Even considering the short (boostable) range and bad softcaps, the spell is too strong with new high level equipment and Wheel of Fortune.

I think currently, all Ecaflip builds frequently use Feline Spirit for mobility, but str Ecaflips have the most to lose from the recoil damage. This change makes it somewhat more fair. The short range of Feline Spirit means that using it to deal damage will still come with great risk. Now that Ecaflip's Luck, one of the most important Ecaflip buffs, is not unbewitchable, perhaps the penalty is insignificant compared to the former recoil damage on a full str Ecaflip. However the possibility of losing important team buffs like Immunity, Sacrifice, Toad etc could still be something Ecaflips need to consider when using Feline Spirit from now on.

Felintion still has awkward range, and having a damage dealing build spend AP to heal is always a sacrifice. The int build still has more flexible and efficient healing with Heads or Tails and All Or Nothing.
Topkaj: still our only reasonable good ranged spell. Destructive arrow has a side effect, and heads or tails benefits from better range and softcaps. HoT will only be marginally weaker, with better range, coming from a build that is more versatile (now).

Feline spirit: I really don't use FS. Also, even if most builds use it, str ecas deal VERY high damage with it, while the others don't. The recoil was to make the high damage for it's low cost fair. Now, the spell has a very high damage and the weakness can even be used in your favor. Sure, it can be unbewitch stuff you want to keep, but then you just need to keep casting. When the good stuff wears out, or when you have a very bad effect on yourself, you can just let it get rid of your debuffs. Fair? No, I don't think so.

Felinition has a good range. Not all that awkward, especially pairing it with catnip. Also, the problem here is mostly the versatility it adds. You don't need to have inteligence to heal, and you don't sacrifice anything. I'm ok with other builds healing, but ecas are all about trade-offs: if you want to heal, either get a damage debuff or be intel based, for instance. If this was like..."when in lucky devil state, it heals 12% hp", it would still be a trade off. Now it is just a straight up gift.

And don't get me wrong, I actually LIKE the changes. I'd like to play with that. I just see it being too strong in comparison to other classes.
0 0
Revil-Nunor|2014-05-28 19:26:13
I don't care for the Osa changes much. They may trifle PvPers a little bit, but lets be honest when you are using Treadfast and you have 5,000 hp and a shitload of resistances already you won't really care and you will simply work around it meaning that lichen's grand designs really won't have any impact on Goultarminator. The winning team won't have an Osa anyway, so what is the difference?

But when you get around to the PvM aspect of this, it is devastating. Most people who are in the PvM side of the game aren't the hardcore Rodney Dangerfields who spit in the face of adversity, and this sort of a malus will have an awful impact on fights. If your Eni dies and you need it to win, but now it comes back with much lower health and you can't protect it, you think the ability to heal it and save 3 extra ap makes up for the loss of Toad and Natural Defense?

I realize lichen won't deign to reply, and probably doesn't really care about our opinion here, but it doesn't take a wizard to figure out this was PvP motivated and we are getting the short end of the stick yet again.

The new Spiritual Leash increases the HP revived characters will have, but lower all allies' resistances by -30%. It should make the choice of whether to revive or not to revive more difficult, but this applies to both PvP and PvM. In Kolossium an Osa's teammates will often take greater risks knowing they can be revived, but in PvM it is rarely part of the strategy to die and get revived. The offensive and defensive buffs Osas can bestow should avoid death of a teammate in PvM in most cases, and even when that happens, the team can still make use of Spirtual Leash if they take care to disable monsters, preventing them from taking advantage of the resistance penalty.
2 0
vagabaka|2014-05-28 19:45:29
The new Spiritual Leash increases the HP revived characters will have,
Nope. The % has gone down. My current lvl 6 leash will revive people to 60%. Now it will be 50%. 50% currently is lvl 5
0 0
Lynn-Reiginleif|2014-05-28 19:34:59
And don't get me wrong, I actually LIKE the changes. I'd like to play with that. I just see it being too strong in comparison to other classes.

Currently the most popular Ecaflip builds in end game are by far omni and int, and omni Ecaflips will usually use Topkaj as their ranged attack of choice due to the high base damage. The ability to combine low-risk tactics like Topkaj and healing, with 45% erosion from Reflex, and high mobility to switch between the two kinds of tactics, is what makes these builds powerful in my opinion. The changes appear to buff str builds, but will not make str Ecaflips as versatile as int Ecaflips are currently. Charging into the middle of enemies with Feline Spirit, and using Felinton to heal OTHERS, won't help the Ecaflip much.
0 0
vagabaka|2014-05-28 19:56:47
Lynn-Reiginleif|2014-05-28 19:34:59

Currently the most popular Ecaflip builds in end game are by far omni and int, and omni Ecaflips will usually use Topkaj as their ranged attack of choice due to the high base damage. The ability to combine low-risk tactics like Topkaj and healing, with 45% erosion from Reflex, and high mobility to switch between the two kinds of tactics, is what makes these builds powerful in my opinion.
Yeah, but...erosion is still stackable, and a omni eca will still take advantage of it, and now omni ecas are capable of healing decent amounts (which they weren't before, due to the lack of int/heals in favor of power). This makes non int ecas a bigger threat. It was OK when it was a trade off between heals and damage, but being able to be a decent healer AND a damage dealer with little costs or consequences...it goes against the current trade-off design.
0 0
Score : 4477
vagabaka|2014-05-28 19:45:29

The new Spiritual Leash increases the HP revived characters will have, but lower all allies' resistances by -30%. It should make the choice of whether to revive or not to revive more difficult, but this applies to both PvP and PvM. In Kolossium an Osa's teammates will often take greater risks knowing they can be revived, but in PvM it is rarely part of the strategy to die and get revived. The offensive and defensive buffs Osas can bestow should avoid death of a teammate in PvM in most cases, and even when that happens, the team can still make use of Spirtual Leash if they take care to disable monsters, preventing them from taking advantage of the resistance penalty.
It doesn't make the choice of deciding whether to revive or not more difficult. It makes it quite simple. I'd rather take one team member staying dead for the rest of the fight over having -30% resistance applied to the rest of my characters. You can end up bringing back one and get the rest of your team killed...Maybe -30% resistance to the rest of your team isn't a big deal for pvp oriented players who stack resists and stuff but honestly that is a huge penalty. Honestly this change renders leash completely useless.
0 0
BluSkies|2014-05-28 20:12:08
It doesn't make the choice of deciding whether to revive or not more difficult. It makes it quite simple. I'd rather take one team member staying dead for the rest of the fight over having -30% resistance applied to the rest of my characters. You can end up bringing back one and get the rest of your team killed...Maybe -30% resistance to the rest of your team isn't a big deal for pvp oriented players who stack resists and stuff but honestly that is a huge penalty. Honestly this change renders leash completely useless.

I think it depends. For example if reviving an Enutrof means that they can continue to prevent monsters from dealing 4 x 1000 damage each turn, although occasionally monsters will hit you for 1300 instead of 1000 damage, which is not enough to kill anyone, I would say it's a worthy tradeoff.
0 0
Respond to this thread