FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Questions....

By Omne-Cor#4526 - SUBSCRIBER - January 18, 2016, 08:34:50

Hey, I've been away from Dofus for some months now, and they changed the Foggernaut Harpooner. It attacks other turrets now, starts out in an elemental state, attacks three targets in evo two, and the animation for the ultimate is generic versus how it used to be specific to the element. Are these bugs or did Ankama break the Harpooner?

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 11371

Attacking other turrets sounds like a bug (and I'm not sure why the animation would be changed), but the rest is intended. They wanted to make the turrets more useful at lower Evolutions. Harpooner and Lifesaver both attack/heal (respectively) three targets at all levels and start with maximum range.

0 0
Score : 47

What about the Harpooner attacking without me cast a spell to activate it?

Also, that's pretty ghetto that harpooner and livesaver start at max range and can use three spells.

Ok, just played against scaraleaf each with 100% specific element resist. If i don't cast any spell on the harpooner to active it, the harpooner will attack with whatever element that can damage. I saw it shift be itself from earth to water to fire. Spooky.

0 0
Score : 7687

As someone who actually plays a Foggernaut... yup, that's how it works now. It's a lot more convenient, except for the turrets-attacking-each-other thing.

Damage still increases when you evolve a turret, and it still needs to be level 3 to use its special spell, but I don't see how "convenient" and "ghetto" are synonyms.

0 0

You don't find it simple to have the range increase along with the damage and spell casts?

Also, what's up with the turret not requiring any activation spells to start damaging.

Is the harpooner supposed to attack the other turrets?

0 0
Score : 3298

Foggernaut

• Lifesaver:
    • This summon now takes into account its summoner’s critical hit bonuses.
    • The spells Maintenance I, Maintenance II and Maintenance III have been modified and merged into a single spell called ‘Maintenance’. Its effectiveness still depends on the Lifesaver’s level, but its cast restrictions are now the same for all levels: 6 Range and 3 casts per turn.
    • Assigned spell points will be restored.
  • Harpooner:
    • This summon now takes into account its summoner’s critical hit and critical damage bonuses.
    • The spells Boomf I, Boomf II, Boomf III, Bwoom I, Bwoom II, Bwoom III, Boome I, Boome II and Boome III have been merged into one spell: ‘Boom’. Its effectiveness still depends on the Harpooner’s level, but its cast restrictions are now the same for all levels: 7 Range and 3 casts per turn. The attack element still depends on the Harpooner’s active element.
    • The ‘Boomf’, ‘Bwoom’ and ‘Boome’ spells are retained; the Harpooner chooses which is likely to deal the most damage when they aren’t in an active state.
    • If the Harpooner hasn’t got an associated element, then they choose their own element of attack. Otherwise, they attack in the element set by their summoner.
    • The ‘Boomboom’ spell now removes a bewitchment turn from its target.
    • Assigned spell points will be restored.
    • These changes should make the Harpooner easier to use for beginners (you no longer need to link the turret to an element to deal damage) and should speed up the Foggernaut’s gameplay while opening up their range of options.
  • Tacturret:
    • The spells Kinetix I, Kinetix II, Kinetix III, Magnatron I, Magnatron II, and Magnatron III have been merged into one spell: ‘Kinetix’. The change should be completely transparent for players, as the Tacturret still works the same way.
    • When two Foggernauts are on opposite sides, the effects of the ‘Periscope’ spell no longer affect the Tacturret of the opposing Foggernaut.

Source
0 0
Score : 7687
PicardBard|2016-01-18 11:22:49
You don't find it simple to have the range increase along with the damage and spell casts?

I didn't say anything even close to that. I said it was more convenient to have them start off with full range and number of attacks rather than having to take four or five full turns to get them up to speed.
0 0
Score : 13462

That and my tri element build loves this. No more wasting 3AP just cause I need the harpooner to be another element now.

0 0

What about harpooner attacking other turrets?

I'm the only one that misses the complexity of the old system? That was the draw of the fogger, hard to pull off, but worth it. Now the turrets are too... automated. Anyways, thanks for the answers everyone.

0 0
Respond to this thread