FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Foggernaut revamp maj needed

By Bellatriximus#1020 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - December 22, 2016, 18:08:51

I play Foggernaut, it's the only class I really play past 2.0, which might sound like I don't understand the difficulty of other classes.However, I've noticed in the leaderboards, 1 Foggernaut is ranked in the team compositions for koliseum, 0 for solo.This is out of 164 characters. One of them is a Foggernaut that is ranked amongst top 82 for koliseum. (12/22/2016)
I originally thought Foggernaut were not played due to their incompetence in Player versus Environment (PvE), however it has come to my understanding that there were more viable characters to play in the Player versus Player (PvP) scenario who also are viable in PvE.
I am not okay with this. The idea that a character is not taken often in groups for the large majority of the game is not good in itself, but for it to be easily replaceable in the rest of the game makes it unimportant and inflexible.
I've thought about it, Osamodas can easily replace a Foggernaut (particularly in PvE). Osamodas has summons it can control that heal, push back and damage while taking spell effects from players. Osamodas can give AP and MP buffs to allies, as well as hitpoints and lock. Foggernauts have the ability to place Dreadnaught effect on a target (and those close enough to get the effect as well) that makes the player immune to the foggernaut's pushback turret, allies immune to the damage turret, and enemies incapable of being healed by the healing turret. Foggernaut may be able to give MP with their damage buff provided they are next to a player when they use it on themselves and the target has had an attempt against it to have AP taken away. We may also shield our turret making them unmovable or shield our allies (but they remain movable). This is a single target buff.
While some argue that the healing done by a Foggernaut is substantial, it relies on having little effect from erosion. This means that the further the game progresses, the less the maximum heal capacity will become. For Rescue to come from the Lifesaver, it requires you to put down the turret and evolve it that turn, and evolve it again in 2 turns time. I have 4000 hitpoints and my lifesaver has 1200 hitpoints. That is a turn's worth of damage before it can die by a single player. It cannot heal itself. If they were to kill it, that would mean waiting for the lifesaver cooldown, so 3 turns time, and wait an additional 2 more turns for it to be fully evolved.
If you kill an osamodas's Wyrmling, (often at 1800 for Red, 900 for Black, and high MP from osamodas buffs) they can resurrect it.
Foggernaut is a joke class at this point in time.I think Rogues might be slightly harder to play, but not by much.

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 13462

When your only argument for fogs being bad is a comparison to osas, who are currently so strong they are soloing lv 200 dungeons with ease, and absolutely dominating the ladder, you might have some bias.

Fogs are great in both PvE and 5v5 PvP. I'd say they do have very clear weaknesses, and those show pretty clearly in 3v3 at higher levels of play due to what is currently very strong.

I wouldn't hate the fire spells getting slight buffs (the base damage for the cost of them and the short fixed range of them makes them not worth using in most cases), but they certainly don't need a full revamp either.

0 0
Score : 471

What about the damage and healing an eniripsa can dish out? Looking at this set, which was randomized by Dofusfashionist for water eniripsas.
Click here
It's a glass-cannon and ap removal set, that's 800 damage with 400 stolen hp, for 3 ap. 4 ap for 1000 damage and ap removal.
They can heal themselves a lot as well (although, not so much with being water).
I cant imagine a scenario where you would willingly have a foggernaut over an osamodas or an eniripsa in PvE.

0 0
I cant imagine a scenario where you would willingly have a foggernaut over an osamodas or an eniripsa in PvE.
If you can't imagine that, you either lack imagination, or don't understand the strengths of different classes. Eniripsas can and should outheal other classes. They are a class focused around healing. If all you see in the fog is a healer given your comparisons, then you are missing something.

I don't say this to be disparaging, but it could just be foggernauts are not the class for you. They have supportive abilities, but they have high mid ranged damage spells as well. They are among the more mobile of classes, and they have good positioning tools. But the only thing you want to compare them on is their supportive ability with two classes that are designed as more supportive in nature. If that's what you want from a class, then a fog certainly isn't for you.

What about the damage and healing an eniripsa can dish out? Looking at this set, which was randomized by Dofusfashionist for water eniripsas.
It wasn't randomized, it was built based on parameters you gave it. That set has abysmal resistances though, and still deals less damage than a fog can while maintaining much higher resistances than that.

And even if this wasn't the case, the foggenaut's design would not be a problem requiring a full class revamp, a simple numbers tweak on a few things could solve problems as the kit is not in a bad state.

If the devs saw the destruction of turrets as being too punishing, it could be solved either with increasing the amount of vitality they end up with, or by decreasing the cooldown by a round.
If the devs thought the healing values were too low, they could tweak them upwards
If the devs thought that the damage was too low, it could be tweaked upwards.

I don't think any of those are necessary (except perhaps the fire spells base damage being low), but I have yet to hear anything that indicates a need for a full class revamp. Even if the developers shared some of your concerns, there would be other ways to fix them not requiring a full class revamp.
0 0
Score : 471

|If you can't imagine that, you either lack imagination, or don't understand the strengths of different classes. Eniripsas can and should outheal other classes. They are a class focused around healing. If all you see in the fog is a healer given your comparisons, then you are missing something.|
Give me an idea as to when you would use a foggernaut over other classes then as opposed to spouting out lack of imagination. Positioning tools, like an osamodas's pushback swap with other summons positioning tools? Or like the eniripsa's switch with a player tool without the need to be in a diagonal line with them?

Give me a set where a damage foggernaut deals more damage than a damage dealing eniripsa. Please.
As far as I'm concerned, foggernaut is a jack of all trades, absolute master of none.

0 0
Score : 3298

Just saying, you better not compare any classes with current osa for your own sake ^_______^

0 0
Bellatriximus|2016-12-23 21:30:28
|If you can't imagine that, you either lack imagination, or don't understand the strengths of different classes. Eniripsas can and should outheal other classes. They are a class focused around healing. If all you see in the fog is a healer given your comparisons, then you are missing something.|
Give me an idea as to when you would use a foggernaut over other classes then as opposed to spouting out lack of imagination. Positioning tools, like an osamodas's pushback swap with other summons positioning tools? Or like the eniripsa's switch with a player tool without the need to be in a diagonal line with them?

Give me a set where a damage foggernaut deals more damage than a damage dealing eniripsa. Please.
As far as I'm concerned, foggernaut is a jack of all trades, absolute master of none.

I love how people spout off about jack of all trades, master of none as if this is a bad thing. Sure, I could make a more efficient team if I was multi accounting without using a fog, but as a jack of all trades, I can fit into any group. This fits how I play the game so much better than playing one of the typical MMO archetype classes.

And people always leave off the rest of the saying
"A Jack of all trades, master of none is sometimes better than a master of one"

Any comparison to the current osa is laughable considering how absolutely broken they are right now overrepresented they are on the leaderboard right now. I would not be surprised to see osa nerfs either in February or April depending on how productive the devs are in the next few months.

Comparing to enis is a little more reasonable, but you are still comparing a supportive class with a jack of all trades. A comparison to ecaflips would probably be the most apt, but since you want to focus on enis lets start there.

Here's a set that gets useable resistances rather than sitting at 0% in 1 element like the one you linked, that would easily outperform the eni in the set you linked as well
Click here

It also has room for a few things to be swapped on demand such as swapping in catseye boots and a hairsh bracelet if you wanted to reach 6 range. (The Damage output is roughly equivalent with the damage being lower with a higher crit rate, but it is impacted more by crit res because of this)

As for positioning tools, I'd say that the fog has better positioning than the eni does, as well as having better mobility.
0 0
Respond to this thread