FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Spell discussion: Neutral

By 06211969 - FORMER SUBSCRIBER - January 17, 2015, 17:03:45

Hi guys, I figured in the name of healthy discussion a few of the more important/obscure parts of the Eliotropes kit should be looked at. I'm here today to talk to you today about Neutral.

As a level 6 spell, Neutral 'Deactivates a Portal for 1 turn' with 2 casts per turn.

What do you all think about this spell? Can it be improved and if so, how?

I personally have thought this spell over and believed it can perform better if neutral is treated as an on/off switch for the portals. I believe the 2 casts per turn is fine, however introducing a 1 cast/turn limit on each portal.

I propose that if by casting a neutral on a portal, it will set it to deactivated, where it will remain so for the duration of the combat. The portal can be reactivated by casting neutral again on the portal.

What the changes I propose will do for the spell:

• Making portals more manageable in pvm
  • Introducing an element of counterplay - if the Elio wishes to use the portal in pvp it is either everyone has access or no one has access.
Also as a side note, what do people think of making neutral require no line of sight? The class set does cater to this but could it be more necessary than class item worthy?
0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 4363

Mind telling us what you think is wrong with the current neutral?

0 0
Score : 1648

I think the spell is fine as is and should not be tampered with, I think the class is overall fine and entertaining to play. I'm also kinda wondering where the inspiration for any change came from.

1 0
Score : 154

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

2 0
Score : 5250

There was a bit of a discussion on another Eliotrope thread which pointed out the abuse of Neutral.
Click here

0 0
Score : 4363

Just that there is no exploit of neutral,you will die if the opponent gets to use your portals.

0 0
Score : 5250

Yes, but as was said in that thread, it kinda takes away the whole risk factor that other classes have, like Rogues and their bombs and Foggers with their turrets. They both have spells similar to neutral which makes them work only for their team, but it's not a 'cast every turn' spell.

0 0
Score : 261

I like my Neutral, saved my bum a lot of times. I wouldn't tamper with it, although no line of sight would be nice.

0 0
Score : 4435

If you play an Elio, you'd know Neutral is either fine the way it is, or needs a buff to its range or LoS requirement.

I understand why people are angry (cus PvP), but once an Elio sets a portal, there is no way to remove it other than to set 4 more portals (which have a cast limit of 2 per turn, so have fun doing that while keeping the rest of the portals in a useful position).

When people compare it to turrets and bombs, when a Rogue needs to get rid of a bomb, they can detonate it. When a Fog needs a new turret, they can simply place a new one and it removes the old.

Elio is a very tactical class, and if you make even the smallest of mistakes, it could mean losing the fight (and then there's Eca's "run up and hit it until it dies (and then use Luck (the 2 AP immunity that can't be unbewitched) when you're about to die)"). So making it even easier to use portals against the Elio (which doesn't just mean hitting the Elio back through portals, but moving through portals or even hitting the Elio's allies through the still-active portals), would just make them more of a liability than someone who could actually contribute to the fight.

0 0
Score : 25825

I was just thinking.... Lorewise, there should be a way for eliotrope to remove their portal from the field...

So what is your opinion if "Neutral" would totally remove portals instead of just temporary deactivation?

0 0
Score : 4435

In my opinion, that might be even better than the current Neutral, because in this case, you would be able to remove/replace portals without having to need to place 4 new ones (which would take 2+ turns to do currently).

Like in the situation I need my current #1 to stay out, but I also need to place a new portal so that I can hit through it; I can just remove one of my current portals, place a new one, and my old #1 would still be on the field for me to use.

Though in some situations the current Neutral would be better, I can think of many more situations where I wish I had a Neutral like this tongue (given that it was still the same AP cost, and two times per turn)

0 0
Respond to this thread