FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Eliotrope

By monkysinthehouse - SUBSCRIBER - December 02, 2015, 18:50:40

Are the allotrope getting nerved anytime soon?

0 0
First Ankama intervention

There isn't anything planned for the Eliotropes per se, but their portals will be nerfed with Update 2.32. For instance, Eliotrope damages and heals will no longer be increased with each portal the spell goes through, only with the distance traveled from the entry portal to the exit portal.

See message in context
Reactions 15

There isn't anything planned for the Eliotropes per se, but their portals will be nerfed with Update 2.32. For instance, Eliotrope damages and heals will no longer be increased with each portal the spell goes through, only with the distance traveled from the entry portal to the exit portal.

Score : 2268

What I have seen, elitropes dont use much portals with short distances. How much of a nerf will this update be? How much distance will be required to reach 100% damage increase?

0 0

I'm sorry, but I honestly couldn't say. Perhaps someone who has more experience than I with Eliotropes and who is testing the changes in the Beta could answer you, though.

Score : 270

Honestly this idea wasn't thought through very well, you just removed 100% damage from a class... no matter how you look, if you remove 100% damage from any class, no ome would bother to play them... you could have nerfed team damage through portals and/or maybe reduced the damage through portals by 10% each portal? That would make more sense since our base damage is horrendous (the highest damaging spell is 5 ap)... I used to be able to deal strong damage (the same as my team members did or the enemy team members did by turn 2, now I have to put one portal on the other side of the map for distance just to do moderate damage... we have literally become a support class :/

0 0
Score : 6096

Except eliotrope damage barely changed. The major boosts were always about portal distance anyway, and this nerf really didn't affect much in the grand scheme of things. Elios still deal very high damage, and can extend their own range as much as they want. I don't know what level or gear you use, but with my boyfriend's lvl 194 elio, this nerf is barely noticeable.

0 0

I'm a level 118 elio and I spam kolo, before the nerf my winrate was pretty high (hence my high rating). After the nerf I played about 20 kolos, I won 2 of them... the damage change is horrendously noticeable at my lvl

0 0

Well, at lvl 194, as omni elio, my boyfriend deals 600~700 consistently with audacious/offense/that last air spell, with portals all side by side. Which is on par with any other damage dealer, really. I don't know exactly why this is happening, but since % would work better with larger numbers, it's pretty weird that low levels would get more affected than high levels.

0 0

Well at my level hitting 200-300 is considered really weak, my agility iop who is a level 84 could hit 400's each with a celstial sword which begs the question, why should I bother setting up intricate portals, when on my iop i can jump, use percipitation and celestial sword twice to do maybe 1k damage if the turn before i do power and double divine sword... I just hate how the classes that require absolutely 0 brainpower are more rewarding than the classes that actually require you to think during the fight... Only reason I'm sticking with elios is cuz all the other classes are boring in comparison and I feel like I was born to be an elio (kinda cheesy lol). But I know many elios on my level that just class changed cuz this nerf hit hard.

I also dont want to get leeched to a higher level so that the nerf isnt as bad but come on... leeching just takes the fun out of the game, like whats the point of being a level 199/200 leeched when the only island you know is frigost lol.

I'm gonna stop complaining about the nerf cuz it has happened and we can't change that, but I do hope Ankama reconsiders this nerf and maybe implement one in another way. I'm not happy and neither are a bunch of other elios my level who have failed numerous times in fights and suffered frustration on many levels due to these failiures just to be where we are now in terms of portal skill... it really does break my heart to see a cc eca or a cra or a iop do more damage than me and all they had to do was either walk up to the enemy if ur cc or move a couple of spells to hit the enemy and move back to safety.

On a side note I am not roasting Ankama, to be honest Ankama is one of my favourite game development companies out there, this is all just constructive critisism and if I was rude in any way then I do apologise.

Kudos if you read all this lol :3

1 0
Score : 4481
natliraren|2015-12-02 22:00:37
What I have seen, elitropes dont use much portals with short distances. How much of a nerf will this update be? How much distance will be required to reach 100% damage increase?
Portals 2 cells apart: 632-683 || 632 * 1.015 = 641.48 (rounded to 641)
Portals 3 cells apart: 641-694 || 641 * 1.015 = 650.615 (rounded to 651)
Portals 4 cells apart: 651-704

Each cell between portals is +1.5% dmg; so, to get +100% dmg, you need 66.6* cells between portals (*6 repeating (66.666...)).

yw tongue
0 0

First off, let's remind that the portals are not used only for damage. They are a mobilty tool, a map manipulation tool, and a way to extend your range as much as you want. Iops deal more damage, yes, but to do so, they need to waste a LOOOOT of AP on buffs, and will be on close combat (A.K.A. the most dangerous place to be, since you WILL take damage no matter what). Eliotropes don't deal with quite the same risks, so yes, iops should outdamage elios.

Honestly, elios were pretty broken, and are still kinda broken. Parasite coming from an omni elio with a lvl 150 set could deal up to 1600 damage, twice per turn, that's just...broken.And the biggest portal damage boost was always distance anyway, and that is still around.The class is very powerful and hard to counter. People are class changing as a kneejerk reaction, and honestly, if they change due to THIS, they were never elios because they enjoyed, but because the class was broken. Which just reinforces the fact that there was an inbalance.

Again, those classes have more damage because they deal with different issues. Every class has a weakness. Plus, do you honestly think that elios should outdamage the class that the game defines as the primary damage dealer? You may not be the most powerful, but your spells give you more interesting tactical options. Use that to your advantage.

And you shouldn't leech, especially as elio. You should keep leveling up normally. But you have to realize some of your other advantages over the other classes, because it looks like you just cared about damage. You mentioned how some classes can deal high damage and move back to safety...elios do that all the time, probably better than other classes. To the point were elios are almost unavoidable when well played. I don't know what's going on with low level elios, or why these boosts were more important, but...from all elios I know, all are completely ok with the changes.

But I wonder...what's the benefit of leveling up portal now? Nothing changes, as far as I know...

0 0
Lynn-Reiginleif|2015-12-09 20:59:46
Parasite coming from an omni elio with a lvl 150 set could deal up to 1600 damage, twice per turn, that's just...broken
Totally fake numbers there tongue

Otherwise, I see your point

EDIT: What does leveling Portal do now x___x??
0 0

Well, ok, you got me. The belt was 178 (potsan belt, but the power could be covered with grendibelt or any 40+ inteligence belt), and the damage was 1586, not 1600. The rest of the set, though, was lvl 158-, and I thought 15 damage could be rounded up. No, I'm not lying, this really happened. It also killed me, since I was fighting against the treasure hunt chest. Oops.

Also, that's what I was asking...

0 0

Yeah I see your point, but can I also ask why the calss belt was also nerfed? Instead of ridicule not needing a LoS they now added range to it... I dont need range I have portals... mod just said that the portals are being changed not the belt... I just went and bought a belt and now noone will buy it off me cuz it's pretty much unrequired lol... also made me dead set on changed to a cha elio since agi elios just got hit hard... I dont see a point in that nerf :/

0 0

Well, I can't argue with that one. I don't know either, especially when the huppermage class set is potentially the most broken one ever...

0 0

I didn't know the class belt was changed :d rip agi elios

0 0
Respond to this thread