FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums
Score : 165

DOFUS Interfaces overhaul

By #[Furylaxx] April 29, 2016, 17:00:00
Devtracker
I am extremely thrilled to announce that the preliminary data-collecting work is finished, and that the project meant to completely overhaul the various interfaces is now a go!

We are fully aware that such a project requires us to work closely with you, so we are going to frequently ask for your help in the DOFUS Lab in order to properly analyse not only the current interface but the various leads we'll work on as well (interface after interface).

So please stick around, we're going to need you!

I also would like to remind you that this project will not cannibalise the current production of new content, nor the fixing of bugs, so you don't need to worry: it's all bonus (well, a heavy workload of a bonus, but a bonus nonetheless!)

The first step will be finding the overall graphic design, or to put it bluntly, what we will be going for. To that end, we've worked on the inventory and characteristics sheet concepts that you can see below (please keep in mind that nothing is set in stone, this is a first step and is subject to change). I'll let you let us know what you think, but to be honest, we think it's nifty. smile

Concept 1

Concept 2

Fury.
First Ankama intervention
Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA to share at the moment. We are still working on it (and still gathering opinions as you share them), and have currently no idea on when it could be ready.
See message in context
Reactions 51
Score : 2458
I really like it, look more professional and stylish. Im for the concept 1
Score : 8
Hello team,
This is a huge difference compared to the interfaces we have now, and I am very glad this is being done. The interface we have now is a bit boring and not the most efficient. There are several things I like about these concepts and I'd like to give my opinion as well.
I very much like the colour scheme and the titles (inventory etc) of the first concept compared to the other.And I love how you don't have to search for what lvl you are in concept two.The thingy showing how much pods u have, both the location and symbol.What i like about both is how the interface gives so much information, and the dofus/trophies that are beneath your character.
What I do worry about is if you could close just a part of the interface so u can for example fish and look at your inventory at the same time.
Hope this helped!
Score : 1311
With the greater screen real estate I wish we had the option to move and adjust the size of windows. I'm more for concept one as well and please give us the option to still use the old color scheme from 1.29, PLEASE!
Score : 3098
Also for me, concept one wins happy 
Score : 9082
From a design standpoint, it looks nice.
From a usability standpoint there are a few things that would be nice to see happen. Since the interfaces are getting overhauled anyways, would it be possible to add a category dropdown in the inventory that showed all weapons (not just a specific type)? It would also be nice if you could move the idols to the equipment category (or a new category) so as not to always get moved to the bank when dumping resources off en masse.
Score : 20
Concept 2 Looks just a little bit better on the screens so If there is a vote Iam voting for #2

@edit Maybe its becouse of the image quality. I like how characteristic page looks like on concept 1 but concept 2 Inventory looks much better imo
Score : 3035
Nerd-Tease|2016-05-06 14:33:57
From a design standpoint, it looks nice.
From a usability standpoint there are a few things that would be nice to see happen. Since the interfaces are getting overhauled anyways, would it be possible to add a category dropdown in the inventory that showed all weapons (not just a specific type)? It would also be nice if you could move the idols to the equipment category (or a new category) so as not to always get moved to the bank when dumping resources off en masse.

Really great suggestions there. Hope they'll pick those up. happy 
Score : 1178
I like concept 1 the best. Mainly because I like how all the jewelry equips are to once side instead of all mixed up with the hat, belt etc. equips. Also, I really want the ability to move items around within the inventory. 
Score : 497
Concept 1 is far better than the other one but i would like to keep 2nd as another option aswell.
Score : 849
looks alot more professional compared to the ones we have now. im in for concept 1.
Score : 6238
Concept 1 is indeed much better than concept 2, but I'd say keep the ring slots next to eachother and the cape down-right.
Score : 1257
wow i love this . it looks like a legit game and not some cheap browser game lolbiggrin
because lets be honest the first thing that draws new gamers towards the game is the UI . the UI used now was relevant back in 06' but now considering there are so many mmos out there design should be given a lot of thought.
I've also seen countless mobile games that look better than dofus and that's worrying to be frank.
Score : 1311
Any ETA on when we can expect the interface overhaul? This year? Maybe next year?
Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA to share at the moment. We are still working on it (and still gathering opinions as you share them), and have currently no idea on when it could be ready.
Score : 285
Wow, it looks great.
About picking one, I'd say the 2nd. 1st one is a bit to shiny. Keep it simple, to much effect is not good sometimes.
Score : 165
Hi everybody!

It's time to update you on the interface redesign for DOFUS.

Significant progress has been made on this project, and since we promised to keep you posted, your feedback has also been taken into account.

You'll find the new examples below (including some fictional content, text, and some elements that are still under development, particularly the icons) which will give you an idea of where we are in the process right now.

We have undertaken this project to improve accessibility and usability of the following interfaces: Inventory, character stats, world map, quest log, and the HUD (the main interface that you see whenever you log in to your server). Other interfaces will only receive a basic graphic "facelift" but will be re-considered in depth later, once the first part of the project is complete.

Here's the preview:

The Main HUD

Yes, you will be able to move the individual modules and even resize them!

Revisions to the inventory and characteristics screen based on your commentary

The new 16:9 map (icons in the legend are sorted randomly, same for the text)

Community interface

Don't hesitate to send us your reactions!
Fury
Score : 30087
OMG! Movable and resizable interfaces! That can be moved on the edge of the playable screen!

Ankama makes all our money spending well worth it!

Keep it up!
Score : 17
I'm scared about treasure hunt. If we are able to move everything on the screen, that mean it will be the map behind every elements.
So, during a hunt, we will have to move every pieces to look behind if there is a clue?
Score : 30087
Those modules (interfaces) can all be closed when you are treasure hunting. The only module that cannot be closed (or moved) is the main interface, but there will never be a clue under that. So there will be no problem.
Respond to this thread