By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

Dofus 1.29 Survey

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - February 01, 2019, 18:00:00
AnkaTracker

Hello everyone,

We are collecting our players' opinions regarding Dofus 1.29 throughout the month of February to know their dearest wishes and try to make a few come true. While trailing far behind gifts from a fairy godmother and a seven-ball dragon (unbeatable on the market), our proposal should still interest you since we're looking at the possibility of making corrections to DOFUS version 1.29.

Hip hip hooray! But don't get carried away! There's no need to rush into the game with your friends to track down every possible improvement to be made; we've already listed a large portion of them in our poll.

Why a poll? Simply put, to prioritize the corrections to be made based on your preferences. You can rate the importance of each proposed improvement and if necessary tell us in a few words what you think of them (please note that bold and italics are important in this sentence).

Be lively, precise and, above all, enthusiastic in answering our poll about the improvements to bring to 1.29!

Survey
First Ankama intervention

We posted the 1.29 changes on all community forums! biggrin
Manaia

See message in context
Reactions 14
Score : 454

Henual:

While we appreciate your effort, we are more then willing to communicate with you in this matter. Personally I'll stay at the subject and offer a sincere and calm attitude (I know you sometimes take things personal with 'you' and 'you'). Ok, I even admit I can be a bit much sometimes. I am an important customer for you though. I know you know. Would you (whoever is in charge in this matter) be willing to listen if we (the community) give you valuable inputs. If you think about it, the players on 1.29 are your most dedicated and longest-time-subscribers. Only in our guild we are over 70 individuals from all over the world, representing Dofus since 2004. There are guilds from the FR and HISP community just like ours and we're all adults. To be honest, many of us are scared of whats in store. I have answered and I've also given my inputs. I am sure you can guess who I am by comparing the comments. I have left you a chain of questions to (almost) each proposal.

/that youbutsu-guy again...

4 0
Score : 2981

I'm happy to see Ankama deciding to come around after they said they would just give people to play 1.29 without doing anything about it ever.
Seeing how you decided to take a step towards your veteran players is astonishing and heart warming but as mentioned above/below me by proffesional it is quite scary at the same time
to see you activate the update cannon on 1.29
i took a look and even filled the survey and some thing's there seemed bit useless(Without offence)
i don't think the launcher will change much if it has a different look
We should look into fixing the Lags for e.g:in 1.29 days fixing the lags would be a big fuss cause technology in gaming wasn't a strong thing
But today i think we could fix the lags for example 4 man team goes in a 8 blop/kanis fight
by time 1 turn passed with all the summons and everything we couldev finished the fight
Stuff like that last thing we would want is to see 1.29 changing to a place where people start saying nah this ain't 1.29 anymore im out i hope our voice is heard
i know the french community holds the upper ground statistically but i do have hopes
Cheers

5 0

The lag alone is very easy to fix, as provided by Gravestorm. Just replace the 1.29 flash version with the latest one and all lag is gone (they're 9 years apart). Great post (and introduction).

0 0
Score : 1189

Even though this survey isn't really all that much of an impact (it's not asking the right questions)...to me this is a sign that Ankama has realized that 1.29 just isn't going to die in the night and after years and years of "pfft..fine we'll stand up 1.29 and you guys will go away", they may actually invest some resource into it.  Now THAT is exciting!

1 0

RMT|2019-02-04 13:29:58
Even though this survey isn't really all that much of an impact (it's not asking the right questions)...to me this is a sign that Ankama has realized that 1.29 just isn't going to die in the night and after years and years of "pfft..fine we'll stand up 1.29 and you guys will go away", they may actually invest some resource into it.  Now THAT is exciting!

Hay Eratz! Yeah I'm definitely exited but a bit frightened as well. One mistake can cause a whole community to perish. I'm glad you noticed the same thing as I did. Respect :-).
2 0
Score : 120

Impressive. A week has passed and still no response. It's almost as if this hasn't happened before.

0 0

It's decided that there will be a new updater. It's just not announced for us yet.

0 0
Score : 3

Definitely should give 1.29 proper updates - community polled with a minimum 75% approval for it to be implemented.

If a game like Runescape can bring back it's old version, update it, AND have a higher player count than the newer runescape - then Dofus should be able to do the same

0 0
Score : 29

I really hope you realize just how much potential Dofus 1.29 has! With not much effort (much less than creating a new game), you could get a huge return in investment. I just hope that you will also think about introducing better anti-cheat systems. For example, you shouldn't allow a modified client to be running and interacting with the server. Also, there should be more and better heuristics for detecting bots and banning them. It would be interesting to also show a list of the banned players publicly (similarly to ESEA or Maple Story mass ban waves). I hope my recommendations won't go unheard! I love this game a lot and it would be amazing to see it flourish.

2 0
Quote from the FR forum from 4 days ago (they forgot us again):
https://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1580-1-29-eratz-henual/2292631-sondage-serveurs-1-29?page=9#entry12410840

"Bonjour à toutes et tous. Le sondage est désormais terminé, nous allons prendre le temps d'étudier les résultats avant de revenir vers vous prochainement.
Nous vous rappelons que seules les modifications indiquées dans ce sondage seront étudiées, ce qui signifie que nous ne changeons pas notre position sur cette version retro du jeu DOFUS, et que nous ne prévoyons pas d'autres évolutions pour DOFUS 1.29.

Merci d'avoir pris le temps de participer à ce sondage, et à très vite pour la suite !"

Google translate:

Hello all. The survey is now over, we will take the time to study the results before coming back to you soon.We remind you that only the modifications indicated in this survey will be studied, which means that we do not change our position on this retro version of the game DOFUS, and that we do not foresee other evolutions for DOFUS 1.29.Thank you for taking the time to participate in this survey, and very soon for the future!
0 0
Score : 31

I was dissapointed when i logged 1.29 to see that it wasn't as old as i had hoped. I was really hoping to find the old 1/2 wrath, 1-100 punitive arrow days of old. But i guess its better than nothing eh!

1 -1
Score : 268

It was changed before 1.29 came out back in the day, sorry.

0 0
Score : 1

Ankama posted what changes they would make for 1.29 servers on the french forum. Seems to be only quality of life changes so far which is pretty neat i suppose. I hope Ankama don't get carried away though biggrin

0 0

We posted the 1.29 changes on all community forums! biggrin
Manaia