FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

Follow up to the DOFUS 1.29 survey

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - June 04, 2019, 10:30:00
AnkaTracker

Hello everyone!

In February, we gave you a survey by providing you with a list of improvements. It's time for us to unveil what's next – we decided to implement all these propositions.
Therefore, they will be rolled out during an update, which is currently in the test phase on our end. For the moment, we don't know how soon this version will be made available to you and we'll inform you once a date can be set. But in the meantime, you can check out the changelog:

Changelog

• The "Map loading…" text no longer remains displayed after the map has loaded.
  • The chat history no longer moves up after each message when the game is launched.
  • Outside of combat, characters start to run as soon as the path is 3 cells or more long (like in combat) instead of the previous 6 cells.
  • Deleting items is becoming less restrictive – when the quantity of an item is greater than 1, the confirmation window no longer appears after validating the quantity.
  • In the quantity-choosing interface (to move items, delete items, or move kamas), the confirmation window when clicking on "Max" has been deleted.
  • A tactical mode has been added:
    • It is activated automatically at the start of combat if it was activated previously.
    • A discreet button has been added to the other combat options. In spectator mode, it can only be activated using the command /tactic.
  • The line of sight algorithm has been fixed on certain maps (for example, the Blacksmith Dungeon).
  • The "Smileys and Emotes" icon no longer remains active when the "Smileys and Emotes" panel is closed.
  • The "Recipes" button in the crafting interface no longer remains active when the "Recipes" interface is closed.
  • New keyboard shortcuts have been added:
    • "A" key: Highlights all map-changing plots on the current map.
    • "Z" key: Displays the tooltips for all groups of monsters on the map while the key is held down.
    • "E" key: Other characters and groups of monsters on the map are hidden while the key is held down.
  • In combat, entities' health bars on the timeline each adopt the color of their team (blue or red).
  • Marketplaces:
    • Memorizes the quantity when selling a batch.
    • Always memorizes and reuses the last sale price entered.
    • After validating a batch to be put up for sale, the sale interface no longer disappears if there is enough to put another batch up for sale.
    • There is a new search used only when a player consults a full soul stone. This interface can filter the stones based on the name of a monster.
  • A feature has been added to find out the basic characteristics of an item of equipment. To do so, you need to click on an item, then click on the "Effects" column. Doing this a second time displays the actual characteristics of the item of equipment again.
  • There are notifications in the event of an aggression, challenge, exchange, private message received, invitation to join a guild, Perceptor attack, and when all items have been crafted when the client is in the background. This option can be deactivated in the options menu.
  • The game window name now displays the current version of the client and the name of the character logged in.
Reactions 8
Score : 663

Time for some positive feedback.

All changes seem to be pretty darn great. I think this is the first time ever you've actually managed to shut me up with negative criticism. May I ask you to go through the mount menus when breeding? Maybe check it out and compare to 2.0? 1.29 is very outdated and makes it unnecessary complicated. Actually it's not even up to par with the original 1.29 mount-menus and makes sorting dreadful. I'll survive however. I haven't died yet.

Ok, are you ready?

Good job Ankama. Finally you did it! I might even subscribe again.

/youbutsu

6 -1
Score : 1

henual needs you

0 0
Score : 501

Professional|2019-06-04 14:11:04
May I ask you to go through the mount menus when breeding? Maybe check it out and compare to 2.0? 1.29 is very outdated and makes it unnecessary complicated.

I'd just like to point out the irony that people wanted 1.29 because it was different to 2.0 but now people are asking for 1.29 interfaces to be more like 2.0. This is why companies don't like to re-release old content, slowly people realise how good they have it now and it just becomes  Dofus 2.0.2.0.

Just something I saw that I wanted to highlight in this specific response.
1 -3
Score : 454

Dofus 1.29 vs the current dofus is a completely different game. A huge part of the community wanted the original dofus back since dofus 2 released for not just the nostalgia but some people enjoyed the aspects of what 1.29 had that the current dofus 2 do not have anymore . Both games have its pros and cons.

5 0
Score : 1294

Dang those are some convenient changes. I really like that it's just quality of life stuff and hope it stays that way in the future. Would be sad if core mechanics or spells changed since I'd like for 1.29 to stay as a kind of time capsule.

Less time between monster turns/actions would be something I'd love to see added later

1 0
Score : 254

Paulz0r|2019-06-22 13:22:53

Professional|2019-06-04 14:11:04
May I ask you to go through the mount menus when breeding? Maybe check it out and compare to 2.0? 1.29 is very outdated and makes it unnecessary complicated.

I'd just like to point out the irony that people wanted 1.29 because it was different to 2.0 but now people are asking for 1.29 interfaces to be more like 2.0. This is why companies don't like to re-release old content, slowly people realise how good they have it now and it just becomes  Dofus 2.0.2.0.

Just something I saw that I wanted to highlight in this specific response.

As someone who cannot stand 2.0, I don't like these changes. Most of the "bugs" don't even occur in the official client.

The only things from this list that should have been accepted were the Loading text bug, soul market searching (because trying to look manually is so broken that it crashes the game), and maybe tactical mode and the "max" button.

I don't trust that their "line of sight" fixes are even sensible, as they're probably neglecting to recognize that certain walls are intentionally not displayed so as to not obscure vision.

Who even asked for additional menus to see extra information? We certainly weren't polled on it.
1 -1
Score : 32

Hey guys, please leave V1.29 alone. If you want V2.0 go play V2.0. We, who are in V1.29, are very happy with our platform.

3 -4