FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Server merges?

By Czerem - SUBSCRIBER - November 18, 2019, 16:37:06

Haven’t herd much on it since last retro update but it would be nice if they divide them up between English and French players. Very frustrating when I want to group up and can’t understand my teammates because they’re all French. Wish I had joined alagath server but was already 30 levels in on Bilby when I found out alagath was where most English players went. so I stuck on Bilby and I am now currently level 60. Loving the old retro feeling But think English community needs their own server ASAP but if you English and on Bilby Add me! Names: Dank

3 0
Reactions 14
Score : 3694

You make a good point here. In the modern dofus, Echo is pretty much the heart of English players even though it says International just like Ilyzaelle and servers on Retro. If there can be an Echo, there should be a server just like that in terms of English community. People say that Echo is dying and there's not really many English players not just on the server but in general. This should not mean that we should be merged with other bigger communities just to make the game look more alive and playable. They already made too many retro servers to begin with and 5 out of the 9 being high and 4 being low so it shouldn't be too much to ask for one even after they merge whichever servers.

3 0
Score : 272

Exactly, honestly I rather have less players and them all be English instead of a bunch of players with barley any English speakers. I remember when I played 13-14 years ago they had English server named Rushu which was USA/Britain server. Honestly think they used to have two English servers but it was amazing everyone was English And I made so many friends. I understand the French community is massive and I’m sure amazing but I can’t speak French. Would be neat to have a translator on both sides so can communicate but I don’t see that ever happening lol

0 0
Score : 5955

This is a bit rose tinted to be fair... Everyone was definitely not English. There were huge populations, specifically CZ, SK, PL players who created their own guilds because they couldn't communicate as well in English. Then in like 2009 Rushu became majority French because they inexplicably started letting French people create characters on Rushu, while they also created like 25 French servers.

Really, the amount of native speakers was always low. English is just a common second language for a lot of the world. So is French lol.

1 0
Score : 277

Trust me, you dont want an english-only server. 
unless you like a dead server. There's just not enough non-french players out there. I prefer to be in a server full of people that dont speak my language than be on a dieing one where everyone speaks english. 

1 -2

From browsing the forums,Reddit, etc.. English community seems well and alive. Maybe not as alive as French since the game was made and based in France but I will agree it is nice to see a server populated and active specially if your a mono account. I’m fine with few battles here and there with no English but i enjoy making friends and connections with players around me, hopefully for long term but let’s get real it’s up to us to keep the community going because we are part of it. I think what happened to other English speaking servers is people grow out of games or just loose interest so population decreases.

0 0
Score : 1316
Technically, Rushu was "international" though the encouraged server language was English.  Solar was actually considered "English" (Uk/USA/ETc..).  I believe Shika was as well.  I'm not sure what Rosal was considered.
0 0

your right your right but there was a small circle image next to server if I can remember correctly and it had a USA flag and UK flag on it showing it was English speaking server. And France flag next to French servers

0 0
Score : 5955

All of them were reclassified as International at one point, then that became English-speaking, and also Pangaea. The rule was always that you used English in public, and whatever language you wanted in private.

Solar was advertised as a US-based server before it got released, and there was much hype, but then they released it as a regular International server. I think they even implied it would be physically located in the US for ping purposes, but that wasn't the case. Shika was the UK server while it was being released in episodes, but they reclassified it too. The other three were always straight International.

0 0

A tad bit lol but your right definitely a few other language out there but no where near as much English speaking player if I can remember correctly. Gaming was also very different back then most kids only played games they could play on their family desktop, and dofus had a flash based mmorpg which was able to play on most computers. Think that helped a big crowd of English players join in on dofus. Gamin today... is crazy so many games and so many gaming computers to play these high resolution games, so most kids these days wouldn’t give dofus a second look.

Good news the crosmonote tomorrow might answer some of these questions

0 0
Score : 39

Use google to translate this thread.  Community manager stated no merges at this time because populations are still high and steady: https://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1675-discussions-generales/2311749-fusion-serveurs-remise-cause

0 0
Score : 1316

Sorry, was logged in wrong account.  That's me ^

1 0

Right the bots population is high and steady which is also B/S

0 0
Respond to this thread