FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Survey – Dragoturkey Mount Animation

By [Ankama]DOFUS - ADMIN - March 18, 2020, 18:00:00
AnkaTracker Announcements

We'll say it again: The future of DOFUS Retro is being built in the present with all of you! We're therefore asking for your feedback on a change we're considering and it has to do with the animation of your character when they get on a mount. Find out more in the article below!

Currently, when a player mounts their Dragoturkey, the animation template and sound effect are always the same, regardless of the player's class. The same goes for animations played during combat, when collecting flowers, and for many other in-game actions.

As everyone knows, Twelvians like to stand out… Whether it's a Iop, an Ecaflip, a Sadida, or an Enutrof, they proudly display their allegiances and assert their differences.

But what if you could have a more varied experience?

Well, with the server merger, the addition of breeding, as well as the work of DUSK, this will soon be possible (if desired)!

This project aims to complement "standard" animations with ones unique to each class so that players will be distinguishable when they are on their mount.

As images sometimes tell you more, the examples below will allow you to clearly differentiate the default animations for combat and harvesting in fields from the new animations.

YouTube
Manage Cookie Preferences

These animations are a different type than those enabled by default. As they are shorter, they will allow combat to proceed faster. As you might guess, then, this change cannot only be used with the remastered version of DOFUS Retro, because both versions of the game should load animations at the same rate.

That said, the default animations are not completely doomed. When certain conflicts occur (e.g. when Sacriers rise up during Punishment or when Eniripsas cast Healing Word), the standard animation will load. This will also be the case when casting Fairyworks.

Although we believe this improvement is warranted, nothing will be final until we get your feedback! So, how about it? Would you like to see this change applied to the game?

SURVEY

Reactions 7
Score : 44

Give us your plans about merge, when exactly we can expect that?

0 0
Score : 569

don't expect a merge for a while until the Corana virus calms down. Ankama have already said it, and its going to be postpone until further notice every big project Ankama has been working on is being pushed back were just going to have to wait this one out. 

0 0
Score : 43

Imo, adding new changes to a game that's been brought back to life as a remnant of the past, makes the game too new. Adding changes can be very fun too, I think it should be added with restraint.

EDIT: adding it optionally would be a nice idea!

0 0
Score : 986

I like the class specific animations, I'd also like to see all spells get their own animation for ones that share an animation currently (shriveling for example should have it's own animation). What I would really like to see is bugs fixed and quality of life changes that are unarguably better than 1.29 be implemented. For everything I love about old Dofus a lot got fixed with 2.0 like for example queueing actions like chopping trees, and probably just about everything to do with the insanely grindy profession system that's been changed. This is coming from someone who across my various accounts has every job and mage at max level. Really like the widescreen as well, doubt most people are playing on an old CRT.

0 0
Score : 569

i feel like this should be an option if you want to add it.

0 0
Score : 2

Wish they could bring back the old sound effect when using a spell on a mount

0 0
Score : 44

Is it possible obtain the spell Mount Taming before server merge?

0 0
Respond to this thread