FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Is harvesting basically owned by bots or am I doing something wrong?

By yoboiihitl3r1 - SUBSCRIBER - January 21, 2020, 11:05:42

Hi guys. I usually only do crafting and maging for kamas, but recently I decided to give harvesting a try while waiting in queue for kolo. 

I am level 140 lumberjack and have been harvesting bamboo wood in pandala. I managed to gather 20~25.000K worth of bamboo (~520) in ~30 minutes. Am I doing something wrong? That certainly is not worth the time, especially taking into account that I am level 140 lumberjack, I did get most of those lumberjack levels by buying wood and crafting it into shubstrates, but even so. The kamas I invested are close to ~7mk and got back about ~400kk in profit. Keeping in mind that people who crafted their way to high level have 5mk+, or have done it slowly over a few weeks, should still have 1mk+. And people who grinded their way to lv140 probably played for a couple months, so 20kk for 30 minutes of work is certainly not worth for these kind of people, are there bots harvesting resources or something? I'm genuinely confused. Crafting gives so much more kamas than harvesting, why would someone level 100+ grind 1 hour for 40kk? You can get that profit from investing ~40kk into level ~20 vitality overmages items and that should take 5 minutes at most. Am I doing something wrong, is selling resources that you harvest not what I am supposed to do? Or do I need level 200 in a harvesting profession before I can start making kamas?

0 0
Reactions 17
Score : 1009

all depends on what you actually harvest man, for example getting corn and rice which is rare, is more profitable for sure than getting five-leaf clover.

Major problem is that lots of people have those mats from when there was nothing else to do (1.29--) on late-game content. So those mats are worthless as long as there are still many players having millions of them.

On the other hand, there are mats crucial for leveling the prof. and those mats are selling crazy fast. For example, you can get a lot of money from other types like mentioned crafting but that stuff usually sells only till some value and for better prices, you have to:

1. pay huge the tax to the market
  2. get a buyer

Selling specific types of mats like mentioned above will always be profitable because lots of people leveling their profs.

To answer your question:

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

I need level 200 in a harvesting profession before I can start making kamas?
Depends. If you rushing level 200 on your prof or you can sacrifice some to get the kamas. One way or another its always better to get higher level mats since 'people' harvesting low-level mats destroyed the market and probably still do.
0 0

considering I skipped the fact where is this question -  that message may make more sense.

0 0
Score : 852

Idk ily but on echo lvl of mats doesnt have big influance on price. Price deapends on:
1. How hard/annoying is to get it
2. How usefull is this mats.

expl aspen Wood (200lvl) cost less than elm (180lvl) why? There is a nice Road to cut a lot of trees and also ppl try to drop sap form protektors SO a lot of ppl faming IT. In another hand we have elm trees. They are splited by whole amakna which is annoying to farm.. But still this Wood is very usefull (korri Keys expl).

imo u dont have to be lvl 200to get nice amout of kamas. Even now when im lvl 200on all harvest professiosn im mostli grinding mass crafts form lower lvls. 

maybe u should just scout market prices and then decide what is best to farm for u.

0 0
Score : 708

I lazy wander collect, and while I don't make a lot of Kama, I certainly cover my expenses pretty easily, even with low level mats. At level 140 anything gatherer, you should be clearing better than 100k a day, assuming you're working at it diligently. I'm clearing 70k selling mid-level ore, lumber, and alchemy mats, and, again, I'm not really trying too hard, just getting incidental stuff as I fulfill other goals. The big thing is to have a bit of patience and not flood the market with undervalued goods because you are desperate for some quick cash.

Now, I will freely admit I spend next to nothing on leveling - I've got most of the gathering profs at 100 or better, so it isn't exactly hard to find some combination if I want to do something craft-wise just for experience - but honestly, the "long haul" isn't all that long, assuming you find a good place to just gather mats and level that way. save that sort of kama output for the really high levels, when there's nothing much new to gather and the exp sink is huge XD

0 0
Score : -0

Dofus hasn't got enough item sinks, and a lot of gathering bots. Put those two together and you end up with a massive amount of resources, and a saturated market.

0 0
Score : 33

Yeah, that's all about bots. At least hunter proffesion is good, because all depends on you^^

0 0
Score : 186

Hunter profession? Didn't you hear about fighting bots in groups? C'mon, people have been spamming the canal with unauthorized messages, gathering bots spotted around, and fighting bots as well.
The mods don't show up to Echo as often as the ones in French servers do, this is discrimination and not very helpful to the community.

Sorry about the above raging comment.

Anyways, you can make a lot of Kamas from your professions as TheRippyOne said: you just need to know what sells, why it sells. Usually those type of resources are not power farmed by a lot of people and neither by bots.

Let me know if you need more help on lumber-jacking or other gathering professions.

0 0

we should get a person who is actively playing all this damn time, that person should have a contract that says that acting against the rules is punishable. This person should be known in society and should have administrative rights. I think ...

0 0

Hey Rozjebywacze, moderators are selected for that purpose. Also the support is here if you are going to report any bots.

On the other hand, I do not think that what you are requesting is possible due to the rules put by Ankama. But if enough players like us do request in this thread that something should be done in order to fix the bots problems, or the harvesting issues, then Ankama may include some changes in the next upgrade they do.

Hope I helped.
Best
Bibiboy

0 0
Score : 2

I swear it's insane in Ily if you're miner there's hardly anything left that isn't taken by the bots, even you're level 200 you don't stand a chance ...

0 0

I am very sorry to hear that. On Echo I rarely see any mods which is raising some questions.
On other communities I know of, mods really show up on a map and are active.

But guess we will need to make some requests to have mods be more active.

0 0

Hello,

There is active moderation on Echo, and we take the issue of bots very seriously. As always, any player wishing to report a bot can contact a moderator via Ankabox. Bot reports can also be tweeted at our Twitter account, @DofusMods_EN.
I am also a moderator for the Ilyzaelle and Jahash servers, so I'm happy to take in those bot reports too.

99% of the time, the moderators operate behind the scenes. It is very rare that you will ever see a moderator in person, and in fact when you do it's typically because you've been caught breaking the rules. On very rare occasions, moderators may appear at a popular map to chat with the players, but again I must stress that these are very infrequent occasions. Remember that we are responsible for enforcing rules and banning bots, so these kinds of meet-ups are not a priority for us. That said, maybe someday soon with a bit of coordination... wink

Score : 65

> Major problem is that lots of people have those mats from when there was nothing else to do (1.29--) on late-game content. 

Just play permadeath. Much better economy! Unlike any other mmorpg or server. 

(Thanatena)

0 0

Thank you [MOD]Fiora,

Very happy to see that the moderators community is helping and assuring the players.
Yes you are correct in terms of "working behind the scenes".

Are you dropping a hint in terms of "coordination"? wink

Best,
Bibiboy

0 0
Score : 2

Is bot still a problem on this game? I want to comeback but... not willing to deal with bots. ' -'

0 0
Score : 140

Not so much the bots that you used to know but still some zaap spammer bots and the new trend is more players using bot-like stuff like autoclickers, but that is mainly in harvest professions like miner, but in mines the problem is very very real.

0 0
Respond to this thread