By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

Ask Ankama #4

By $[Sabi] - ADMIN - March 15, 2018, 16:00:00
AnkaTracker

This week in the Ask Ankama #4, [Lorko] Artistic Director, talks about the customization of characters (costumes, class outfits, appearance).

Are you planning to add new ways for us to customize our characters (costumes, body, clothing, etc.)? (Please also respond about the Coulives)

Just over a year ago, when we released the costumes for Ohwymi (Black Crow's Costume, Anubis, Guild, etc.), we ran into a lot of problems with the class characters, because they all share the same skeleton and the new costumes replaced almost the entire character. We still plan to release costumes later on that wouldn't cover as much of the character, so they'll be easier to integrate.

As for class outfits, that's another matter. We've looked into that before. Currently, players can choose between eight faces when creating their character. The idea is to create different class body types that could be chosen during character creation. But it takes tons of working time to offer, say, three custom body types for each of the 18 classes, each with a female and male version, all of which is multiplied by 5 for the number of perspectives needed to create the character's "turn." To explain this another way, all of the DOFUS artists would need to be working on this during an update, which means no new graphical content would be released for several months.

Graphic research on class outfit - WI (not) P

The Coulives

Regarding the Coulives, when they were being developed, we planned on a baseline of 10 transformations instead of 20 for the classic living items. That's because, as their name implies, they're able to match a character's color, which is already a nice added value compared to the classic version. They also partially recreate graphical aspects of some of the most well-known items in the game.

First Ankama intervention

Hi everyone,

I added an image showing a graphic research showing different concepts we've tried for the Ecaflip class customization.

I apologize if not all of the Community's questions are being answered in due time but we are continuing with the weekly "Ask Ankama" and hope to be able to share information that will interest you. 

However do not hesitate to continue to share your most pressing or new questions, and also share with us your feedback regarding the information provided, as this also concerns you and the development of the game, therefore it is very important to get to hear your thoughts. smile

See message in context
Reactions 28
Score : 542

Cool, costumes not covering entire character is a nice idea. But there is a bit of an issue it overlooks. The more customizes there are the harder it becomes to tell classes apart, aspecially if its a small group window. Can we get a bit more of tell for that? Most other games manage that by adding class icons

0 0
Score : 871

ANSWER IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!!!

2 -1
Score : 680

I think this "Ask Ankama" is going nowhere. I believe doing a live stream would be far more productive, entertaining, and more "filling" than these random questions that basically answers nothing that we really care about. I don't want to sound negative but these "Ask Ankama" responses/questions that you guys are picking, at least for me, feel like an insult to the community.

4 -1
Score : 498

Agreed!

3 -1
Score : 25

Yesterday I did Rainbow Blop dungeon with my brother, we have 4 chars (Panda, Rogue, Eni and Sadida).
We had the worst time trying to figure out what the heck was going on.

Each Royal Blop summons a Blop that summons a Biblop, Sad has trees, and 3 more summons, Eni has Coney, Rogue has 3 bombs, Panda has barrel... Not mentioning the Unhealable state, infected state and all other states that fill the screen with the circles on top of everyone.

Creature mode helps a bit by decreasing the size of everyone, but all the monsters look the same, all the summons look the same, all the characters look the same... It's really hard to see anything and differentiate everyone, specially in a dungeon that each monster has a different resist. 30 seconds in one turn is way too little time to see everything and play.

Please make the fights optimised for quick play. Make the creature mode better by making each monster different, at least some colours, being able to disable and toggle-able the states on top of everyone.

I don't know, but for me things like making it better and easier to play are far more important than "cosmetic" changes. I hope somebody hears me out.

0 -2
Score : 98

Edit: Nice to see the outfit concepts! Are there plans to add these in the future, or just ideas for now?

0 0

Hi everyone,

I added an image showing a graphic research showing different concepts we've tried for the Ecaflip class customization.

I apologize if not all of the Community's questions are being answered in due time but we are continuing with the weekly "Ask Ankama" and hope to be able to share information that will interest you. 

However do not hesitate to continue to share your most pressing or new questions, and also share with us your feedback regarding the information provided, as this also concerns you and the development of the game, therefore it is very important to get to hear your thoughts. smile

Score : 498

How about getting the AvA issues and questions addressed, mmm?

5 -1
Score : 267

I look forward to these kind of graphical changes, personally I already have hard time keeping up with all the content upgrades. Not everyone can afford to play all day so those ppl obviously progress slower.

1 0
Score : 1295

I would REALLY like different character "clothes" its boring to see everyone with the same clothes :/ So even if this would take 2 months i would accept it since there is already allot of content to still do in the mean time.

1 -1
Score : 5

Thanks for the update Sabi. (Miss having you over on Wakfu!)

Glad to see the concepts. Even if subtle they make enough of a statement in their changes to give your character it's own life without feeling too similar to all the others. Wouldn't mind having a few more sliders for color options though. I'm not the biggest of a few of the pairings for what items on a class are tied to each other for color.

Some members of the community may not like these small posts but every little bit about whats to come helps keep me excited about the game even 12yrs later. Hope the Dofus team keeps up the good work.

1 -1
Score : 563

Brilliant idea, please make it real. #moreoutfits
We need more customization options. There is only 4 different looks our armor can get, Black Crow, Guild, Ancient Ohwymi and Basic. In wakfu i think there is already close to 100 costumes. Although these are not colorable(but so are the two of dofus ones) this is a huge gap between these two games. But you can also add all the armour that is visible and the gap becomes a trench.
If skeletons of classes need work, so be it. With so many pve updates lately, it would make sense to actually upgrade something that is present regardless of gamemode: our character sprites. Now i know that it will take a lot of time, but i think overall it is going to be worth it. There are so many ideas that come to my mind in terms of what the outfits could look like,for example a Sram could get a ninja bodysuit like in wakfu, or some spooky ghost robe type of attire, there are many options that one could imagine. 
Imho i think that today, people who play games care about how they look. I like dofus art style, and would not change it one bit, but some things are just inconsistent, and this is something a lot of people don't even know they care about: graphics consistency. It would not look good if you included dofus 1.29 graphics in 2.0 and vice versa. So in the light of recent graphic updates everywhere (cania,sidimote and now astrub), before we get a new pandala, otomai, amakna and koalak + the two cities, i think it would be nice to get new character models. And it would also give a break to people who progress slower in pve, to catch up etc. 
@karakum1 +1 i like the ideas of class emblems, could use the wakfu kinda ones (a tiny sigil thingy on the top right of a character's name)

1 -1

Thank you so much everyone for your feedback and I made sure to pass it on to the team as they were compiled today for them. smile

Score : 1710

i love that the devs and artists work hard to bring new content BUT PLEASE answer important questions. especially in this climate after a disastrous update now is not the time to be talking about costumes.......... i'm pretty sure you had better questions to answer.

1 -1
Score : 24

Those body appearances look nice and more immersive, making characters more unique. I like that.

I have a suggestion still.

You know there are a lot of endgame players around, and I am still a lvl 200 freshman. The thing is, you offer some nice looking sets with subscription packs. but wouldn't it be more sensible to make them into costumes?

I see there are a lot of really nice and cute looking sets, like the one with the winter beanie (i forgot the set's name). i find that set really cute, but it's a low level content (approximately level 40). It would be nice to make such sets into costumes. It would be a nicer approach to people that wish to subscribe rather than making them use those mimisymbics to customize the look of their own endgame sets, only to end up with new and better endgame content which could fob the older one with the new appearance off. It would make people give the feeling those subscription packs are actually worth it, so you can just keep gearing up with new content, but with the costume you will still look fabulous, without having to fob your old hat with the new beanie look off.

I know the costume feature is already there, and I do not only mean the beanie set. The beanie set is just an example. do not get me wrong. I have a way different approach to things like this.

In short: How about making those upcoming subscription pack sets a costume instead of a set?

0 0
Score : 194

I got a question for you why the useless update?  Here's another one why is ANKAMA always coming up with lame updates that only seem to  drive players away from the game like the 508 idol nerf?

I got another question for ANKAMA . How long will you continue to ignore your international servers/players concerns.? Are you going to wait until you have to merge our stupid server again?

1 -1

The concerns and feedback of the community are very important, now after that, it is a matter of scheduling and developing and overall managing the production of the game. Please rest assured that as a community manager your thoughts are being passed on to the team, which is why it is so important to continue to be constructive together, so thank you for your patience with all of us. smile

Score : 194

I honestly can't wait to see what you guys are going to come up with once you screw the game up so bad with these updates.

1 -1
Score : -9

They already ruined dofus years ago this is their way of "trying" to make it good again. 

0 -1
Score : 780

Will there be also a revamp of Pandala in the upcoming future? It has always been one of my favorite islands, however, unlike most other places it lacks storyline, and has no real quests / achievements to accompany a storyline. At most, I take passage through it via my main quests, and hunt for recources. But nothing more. The island also feels a bit visually outdated and too big for the area's and monster families it harbors.

With storyline I'm specificially reffering to a island specific adventure. For instance, in Wabbit island you enter a maze and do silly things to steal a cawwot dofus, in Amakna you have the vigilante storyline, in Otomaii you're invited to an eternal hunt and are challenged to engage with a wide variety if monsters, in Amakna castle you choose to aid or betray the king. These are all kind of stories that give identity to the area. Apart from the little pandushu quest (and the main story intro), I quite miss Pandala's identity.

0 0

We will check with the team if there are any information to share regarding any future class balancing and storyline improvements.

Score : 585

Will there be any new episode based content?
It would great and you can adjust episodes difficulty when releasing next one, just like it happened with frigost.

0 0

Thank you for your suggestion, I went ahead and shared it with the team for feedback, as we do not have any information yet on this to share. smile

Score : 1988

Should there be a level modification just like in wakfu? this may revive lower level items value (and kolo) and inturn may rocket the prices of higher level items also, i also propose the more need of different drops or multiple drops of boss materials from different families of monsters for this purpose. i keep coming back and the value of my items keep dropping its not a good sign and it seems only the new gear retain their price but only after 1-2 updates.
with the modification of materials from higher level i suggest a nerf in idols to keep the game alive in lower levels and new players don't run after the arena xp.

also when will we be able to transfer to the single servers?

[Sabi]|2018-06-15 11:48:51
Thank you for your suggestion, it has been passed on to the dev team, however regarding the transfer to single server, we will check with the team on this as well and respond here for the community to keep everyone informed. smile

will the aura in dofus dungeons be modifiable? i mean in the form of passive vs active/static vs free flowing maybe aura scrolls for 6+ month sub?
0 0

Thank you for your suggestion, it has been passed on to the dev team, however regarding the transfer to single server, we will check with the team on this as well and respond here for the community to keep everyone informed. smile

Score : 455

When are we going to get Professions based Ornaments?smile.
Eagerly awaiting them.smile.

0 0