FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Cannot enter the Well of Dreams

By IDivideByZero - SUBSCRIBER - December 14, 2019, 03:35:15
AnkaTracker

Having done multiple levels, I lost a fight. Tried to re-enter the well of dreams, and whenever I'd click on the well, I'd see the infinite dreams map for quarter of a second, and then get disconnected right away. I can create dreams and play on my alt accounts, I can also join those dreams on my Iop (the one that can't enter its dream). I've no clue why this is happening. Would appreciate a fix as I've done decent progress and don't want to lose a day's work.

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Thank you for sharing this information, IDivideByZero, Iathen, and Zargabanth.
The dev team is working on this issue. 

To those reading this thread, we would greatly appreciate it if you could reply below and provide any additional information/details you have encountered while experiencing this problem. The more details our team has on the matter, the quicker they can replicate and fix the issue. 

See message in context
Reactions 3
Score : 360

I have the same issue. Here are some more details about the bug (it's actually 2 bugs):

Some times, when you lose a fight in infinite dreams, you are locked IN a room (instead of OUT of). When you are locked in, you cannot see any monsters there and you have to log out. When you login, you are located inside the room and you can not reach the lobby (by talking to the portal or re-entering the well). You can only fight this 1 mob. You won't be losing any dream points (since you don't have to unlock the room), but you are stuck fighting this 1 mob.

If memory serves, this happens when you quit the fight (i.e when you see that there is no hope of winning and you kill yourself). This happened to me 3-4 times. Not every time I quit a fight, but the probability is quite high.

The last time I unintentionally triggered the bug, it led to an additional bug. After losing to the mob several times, I entered my infinite dreams without being the leader of the group (or attempted to? I don't really remember what I did). At this point, I was able to reach the Lobby for the first time but it was not functional. After becoming the leader, I re-entered infinite dreams and this led to me having to do the same fight. I did, and lost again. After that point, I can no longer access infinite dreams (with or without a team).

-------
This was the description of the bug, and here is my theory.

My suspicion is that when you quit (vs. getting killed), there is a time window that the application allows itself to finish its turn gracefully. When enemy monsters take too long to finish their turns, the application kills you urgently. Maybe part of the graceful exit is that your location changes from Room X to Lobby, and this step is skipped in the urgent case. As you keep fighting, your attempts are recorded, but you don't actually pay any dream points. When you enter the lobby again and it attempts to calculate the price you should pay to unlock the room, it probably takes under consideration both how many times you lost and how much you have already paid. As there is a miss-match there, it encounters an unexpected error that is not handled in any way, and the application can do nothing else but kill itself. Hard to tell from the outside, but maybe this helps with identifying the issue.

1 0
Score : 1072

I am having the same issue, I cannot continue my Well of infinite Dreams run from where I left off.
The text box simply closes without the game teleporting my character to the boss room.

1 0

Thank you for sharing this information, IDivideByZero, Iathen, and Zargabanth.
The dev team is working on this issue. 

To those reading this thread, we would greatly appreciate it if you could reply below and provide any additional information/details you have encountered while experiencing this problem. The more details our team has on the matter, the quicker they can replicate and fix the issue. 

Respond to this thread