By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

How to post images on the Official Dofus Forum

By JohnBroadley1 - SUBSCRIBER - September 18, 2017, 19:15:51

I've seen a lot of people having issues when trying to add images to their forum posts, so here is a quick guide to posting images.  

1. Upload your image to an image hosting website, I recommend prnt.sc, although any other sites will work just fine.

2. Once your image is uploaded, you should see a page similar to the one below.

The common mistake people make is to copy the web address of this page and paste it into the image URL pop-up box on the forums. This will not work because the image URL tool is expecting a link to an image, not a webpage. To get the link to the image, make sure to right click the image displayed on the page -> copy image address, this is a direct link to the image itself.

3. Paste the image address into the image URLpop-out.

4. The image should then be previewed in the post editor, so make sure that you can see the image in the editor before posting it for the world to see.  

TL;DR - Make sure you copy the right address when putting image links into the image URL pop-up.

Still having problems?
  • Check the file extension on the image. I would recommend sticking to .jpg or .png to be safe.
  • Check the size of the image file. If it is a large file, I would recommend converting the image to a .jpg format, this may slightly decrease the quality of the image, but it should allow you to share it in your forum posts.
  • Check that you have copied the link correctly, even the best can make mistakes laugh.
  • Try using a different image hosting website.

You still can't add images to your post? wacko
Comment below telling me step-by-step what you have done, and what happened when you did those steps. I'll try my best to help you fix any problems where I can.

If you think it is a technical issue, then check that your browser supports the Official Dofus Forum, and that your Operating System is up to date with the minimum requirements.

If you are still having issues after taking all these steps, then contact support here.
2 0
First Ankama intervention

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add that it is important that the image size to be at a max of: height = 530 and width = 950.

I hope this helps. 

See message in context
Reactions 10
Score : 493

Hi

i did exactly all of what you did. including the upload host used. then i copied the image location and pasted it on to the url pop up

The images show up on the preview but not in the actual post... what could be the problem?

1 0
Score : 616
0 0

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add that it is important that the image size to be at a max of: height = 530 and width = 950.

I hope this helps. 

Score : 2378

@Sir-Dorian sorry I've been inactive as of late, if you are still struggling you can try to catch me in game (/w John) or send me an Ankabox on here.

***EDIT: Prntscr.com doesn't seem to be working when posting images here now, so I've switched to alternative image hosting.

0 0
Score : 1

I have a little question on this topic. How to insert an active link to a site into an image? I do the game post and the impact of technical characteristics on the moments of the game (and how modern laptops help in games, like a comparison, here is an example https://www.bestadvisor.com/laptops-for-video-editing) I want to open an image at the bottom to click on the active link (not a comment) who knows how to do it?

0 0

Are you trying to add an image that is a hyperlink?

I don't think that's a great idea because it's not clear that the image can be clicked.

But if you mean how do you link an image from another webpage then you just right click the image -> copy image address -> paste the image address into the image url box on the forums.

EDIT: A better solution would be to just insert an image like this.

1 0
Score : 24

can i upload multiple images at once ?

0 0

You sure can! smile 

1 0
Score : 30

Hi everyone!

I think adjusting the picture size according to the forums, this would help to post an image in the forums

2 0
Score : 455

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

1 0
Respond to this thread