FR EN DE ES IT PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Missiz Freezz heal bug

By Pandaftw-pain - SUBSCRIBER - March 28, 2018, 18:45:55
Reactions 101
Score : 13364

Giorgi-Giorgi-123|2018-05-23 06:08:37
Well, so many haters I see. I gave tips to do it easier way while they fix it (if it's fixable at all). And if you don't want it - have fun dying then! huh

I've cleared the dungeon in the current state. Nobody here has said that isn't doable. The fact of the matter is the dungeon is incredibly difficult compared to both it's intended difficulty (just compare it to other dungeons in the same area, as well as 200 dimension dungeons. Any dimension dungeon right now is easier) and to its difficulty prior to this patch as a result of unintended changes.

And to be told "just put a summon on the opposite side of the thing you have to move" (and it does have to be opposite) isn't exactly useful. You are telling people something which not only is obvious that it would work, but the exact reason people are frustrated with this. You are forced into erosion tactics or stall tactics with a split party (because there's no other way to consistently get things behind the enemies relative to the person moving them)

And a lot of older players are annoyed further because this is par for the course with Ankama at this point. Something is broken, doesn't even get properly acknowledged, and was the result of a hastily made, poorly thought out, and untested change.

This dungeon's current predicament represents a lot of players gripes with Ankama as a company all at once.
4 0
Score : 3174

This kinda reminds me with the global change to how gravity works: remember when Ankama added unshakable on top of gravity which in some cases made it impossible to make Count Harebourg vulnerable due to one of boss' spells giving gravity to characters? The dungeon was still doable (if one avoids getting the gravity state or further improvises etc) but it was an unintentional increase in dungeon difficulty. And in that case after all the players' reports Ankama have quickly changed Count's gravity effect into AP removal effect which was surely better than unintentional unshakable state.

Now however there is still no official response from Ankama to Freezz dungeon despite this being a clear unintentional increase in difficulty for this dungeon. Obviously the dungeon is still doable and I have done it with my friends few times after the change without having the most optimal class/builds (compensated by playing smart like taking into account new triggered pushing system) while a guildie of mine have done duo achievement with new effects (enu/sadi); nevertheless as other players have already stated several times above the difficulty is unjustified compared to other F3 dungeons at least.

However on a bright note I don't think Ankama has to revert all the changes to the triggered mechanisms (although I wouldn't mind old system back) if they add some new mechanism to Freezz dungeon to compensate the current difficulty.
Here I'm proposing a suggestion: leave the push effect as it is in 2.46 now; but instead every time a monster is getting vulnerable from the triggered effects (no matter if it gets healed or not) that monster will get a certain amount of erosion.
It can be:
1) a large amount of erosion but with 1 max accumulation (e.g. 25-35% erosion fixed for 1 turn)
or
2) a small amount of erosion but stackable (e.g. 5% erosion for 1 turn but adds up every time the monster is getting vulned from the dungeon mechanics).
This way players will be more encouraged to use pushing mechanisms to vuln and erode monsters despite monsters getting healed per each pushing while players will still face a danger of getting too much damage from getting pushback damage + neutral damage from Freezz. This would also mean the decrease of importance of erosion-dealing classes allowing other classes to shine as well. For me it seems like a pretty interesting mechanism enough to satisfy the devs while being realistically doable for a bigger range of players.

1 0

Hi everyone,

I am coming back with more information as promised, thank you again for your patience with this.

The team as tested and verified the bug, however we do not have a date to share yet about the fix but we are doing our best to implement it with the 2.47 game update.

Also, regarding the fact that other monsters are healing during movement, it is linked to an area border bug of the Snowdrifts. The Antifreeze effect triggers and heals the caster while pushing the monsters. The monsters then push the other monsters / allies triggering the Antifreeze effect on themselves, which heals them due to the bug of the Snowdrifts.

I hope this helps giving you an overview of where we are and more details about the issue itself.

Score : 90

I wonder what kind of compensation we can expect for our progress being stifled for 2 months due to ankama either not caring about this bug on a major dungeon boss that you need to defeat for multiple achievements, and of course the coveted Ice Dofus , or complete incompetency on behalf of the dev team :/ If this is just the dev team being so incompetent that they cant fix this simple bug in which players already seemed to have determined the cause, then some staff changes should be made so the players who pay your salary in compensation for a working game can actually be happy with their experience.

4 0

We understand the frustration but this type of bug requires quite a deep investigation and testing before implementing the proper fix. It is still possible to complete the dungeon even though we do understand that it is not as easy as it should be which is why the team is truly working hard on this to help the situation get resolved once everything is ready to be implemented into the game. Thank you again for being patient with us.

Score : 489
" this type of bug requires quite a deep investigation and testing before implementing the proper fix. ..."

Why did they not do this two months ago on the test server? Oh right, I forgot, they don't test their own game!

It is pretty obvious the reasons why this is happening, but why should I reapeat what everyone in the thread has already said.

The "testing" excuse is a bad one and it is transparrent that Ankama didn't do any testing when implementing "Triggered Effects now trigger Triggered Effects" in the last patch.

The Community didn't even get to test it properly, as the dungeons were not even active on the test server during the patch.

There is one word that describe how Ankama have delt with this change and the ramifications of it.

Unprofessional!

@Sabi No-one is being patient! Look at the posts. I wonder how many more people have quit while forced to be "Patient" thanks to the unprofessional way in which Ankama ALWAYS conduct themselves.

This company that abuses their players while their supportiship time trickles away... sad

But I am sure we will get a fancy new overpriced "Promotional Item" in the Dofus shop before this gets fixed. The community and I are well aware on where Ankama's priorities lie. Yup, Greed!

Disgusting!

This dungeon's current predicament represents a lot of players gripes with Ankama as a company all at once.
5 0

The testing is an internal one, the dev team does have a testing platform/server for themselves as well.

What it comes down to, is the speed of fixing an issue when it is a bug that has a big influence of the players' gameplay experience.

As players we expect it to be fast but we must remind ourselves that sometime certain issues simply takes a longer time, due to the simple fact that they may be more complex than it seems.

Unfortunately, myself, I do not have more information yet to offer other than to give my support to the community while waiting for the fix to go live. 

Shop promotions have nothing to do with bug fixes, those are handled by our marketing team and posted based on their own schedule.

I am sorry that this doesn't still give you the answer you are looking for, but we will communicate about it once it is confirmed.

[Sabi]|2018-05-25 09:36:51
The testing is an internal one, the dev team does have a testing platform/server for themselves as well.

Then clearly whoever is doing that internal testing isn't doing a thorough enough job. This is something which would have been noticed in about 30 seconds in that dungeon room (or automatically with integration testing)

Don't insult us by saying "there was testing" because it only proves that whatever testing was available wasn't enough.
8 0

We understand, however, at this point, we are just waiting for a fix to be implemented and I am truly sorry for the frustration that it is causing to you and the community.

We will share when it is going to be fixed as soon as it is confirmed.

Score : 489

Being fed a load of lies and never getting a straight answer is becoming the norm around here.

It fills me with a overwhelming sense of loyalty to the game. Now show me the promotion Items, I have money to burn... *Deadpan glance*

6 0
Score : 312

@Nerd-Tease As I said in the message - I gave them simpler way, but they only want cry about it.

I am glad it is being fixed. Will attempt achievements easier in the future biggrin

0 -8
Score : 197

Many, many deep Thanks to all the players consistently replaying (FINALLY) to this major bugs with solid posts, I myself have invested quite a few hours to create threads and comment/complain/protest here and there around the forums and via pm to mods.

I've replayed 5 days ago to the thread in the Dofus French community Forum displaying our (English community) threads regarding Miss. F. bugs.
Here's the post : http://www.dofus.com/fr/forum/1115-bugs/2270827-bug-donjon-missiz-frizz?poid=12240707
I got answers saying indeed the bug/bugs should be fixed by 2.47 release.

Being a programmer myself I understand the bug hunt and bug resolution is most definitely not something easy, and I also understand that many times things are more complex than what we players can see from our point of view.
That said I believe the bug/bugs have been neglected by you Ankama, I cannot point my finger precisely towards the dev team as I/we do not know how things really went and who took which decision to neglect the bug/bugs, but in general you Ankama greatly failed your players in this two months.

I hope the patch comes out indeed in 2.47 and not later. 

This bug/bugs itself is so giant that it shouldn't even have been out there in the first place, and on top of that you even neglect it for two, TWO FULL months before recognizing it as a bug, that is not acceptable.

6 0
Score : 115

The French thread was created on the 29th of March and this thread on the 28th. The French community manager replied to it on the 4th of April saying she reported the bug.

They clearly were aware of this but they decided it wasn't a priority. It's been said it should normally be fixed in 2.47 but it's not entirely sure it will be.

I have been waiting 2 months to finish "The Fantastic Five" achievement. It sure is getting annoying. But the worst part is that there is no guarantee 2.47 will be released soon.

0 0
Score : 445

Giorgi-Giorgi-123|2018-05-23 11:08:37
Well, so many haters I see. I gave tips to do it easier way while they fix it (if it's fixable at all). And if you don't want it - have fun dying then! huh

That's not the reason why you have so many thumbs down. It's more to do with your condescending attitude towards players who have experienced great difficulty with this heal bug.
You also offered no related contribution to the post, and all your were concerned about was being braggadocios and arrogant. No one appreciates that.
3 0

Quick reminder that while there is a certain amount of frustration shared that is understandable, let's continue to help each other while we await the fix and not derail.

Thank you everyone. smile

So, still nothing on this other than the next beta should include a fix? Do we at least have an estimated date for the next versions's release, or should I just figure 3 weeks past whenever the next beta goes live for this to be fixed?

This is actually absurd. Between this, and the developer's stated disregard for player enjoyment in the discussion about the breeding changes, if something doesn't change soon with how Ankama handles things, I'm gone.

4 0

"if something doesn't change soon with how Ankama handles things, I'm gone."
Not just you, also me, and many others. Not a coincidence 100,000 THOUSAND players did not renew their subscription in the month of January 2018.

What kind of logic leads you to ignore your players ?
From my point of view they seem plainly stupid. Not trying to offend - really - but I can't find any more excuses to such a blindness from their side.

0 0

We truly apologize for the delay with the Mizziz Freezz issue but please know that the team is working on it, the beta server will also be opened soon in order to allow the community to test out the changes for the next game update, the exact date will be confirmed this week.

We are continuing to do our best to keep you updated, unfortunately iIjust don't have that information as of today but it is nonetheless not forgotten as well as the community's feedback.

Well, guess it's not fixed on the beta, and we won't see a fix for another 3 months past this.
"""
That content is not currently available.
"""
When attempting to go the frig 3 to see if it was fixed since we don't have a changelog to find out.

1 0
Score : 1874

The fix is not on the changelog for sure. But you have to speak french in order to be able to know it...

1 0
Score : 90

Well gg ankama, you've lost another loyal fan. After waiting on this fix for 3 months I'm relieved to say I will no longer be visiting the forum daily to check if this bug has been fixed. I will no longer recommend any of ankamas games to anyone. I will no longer be renewing my subscriptions on any of my accounts, and if I could get any type of refund I would. I refuse to support and care for a company that does not show its own patrons the same respect. Its been a "fun" 12 years and I hope you guys can get your sh** together as a company and "FIX" whatever incompetent team is in charge of bugs by replacing them completely. For the 12 years I've played this game this has been an ongoing problem, waiting months, sometimes even years, on simple fixes that could be easily rectified with a competent team. I hope that as a company, you are able to make some big changes so future players can actually enjoy this game, and maybe, just MAYBE, you'll improve player retention to more than just a few months. At this point I can't even bring myself to wish this company luck because I'm so upset about the time and resources I've wasted that could have gone towards a more worthwhile experience. I held onto hope for so long that ankama would change its ways and grow as a company to provide a better experience based on the feedback of players, but it seems that this is the only type of growth ankama is not interested in. I suggest to others stop wasting your time on this game out of familiarity or habit, there's a huge world of games out there and I've had a much more enjoyable experience since I started to explore it.

3 0

Did anybody test version 2.47 ? Not sure how long it's been out, I stopped getting p2p 1 month or more ago smile

0 0

The bug is still there, I must say that while this dungeon is a lot more difficult than it should be now, it's still doable. I had to grind through it like 20 times before getting it right, but for those of you who are tired of waiting for Ankama to do its job properly, try vulning mobs while they're against a wall or a player or a summon, this way they don't get healed. It has to be fixed of course, but there are people paying a subscription, and they have a pending Ice Dofus quest they should be able to do somehow, hope the advice is useful.

0 0

Hey guys,

First of all, on behalf of Ankama, I would like to express my most sincere apologies for how long this bug has been pending.
It has been three months since it was mentioned on community forums; your frustration is understandable and justified.

We were really confident it would have been fixed with the 2.47 release. I also apologise for the disappointment you most certainly felt upon realising the problem hasn't been resolved.

I understand some believe the Missiz Freeze bugs were either ignored or not deemed important enough to be addressed, but I can assure you this isn't true. 
The difficulty and complexity in identifying the source of the different Missiz Freeze bugs have been the causes for the delay. The tests and "exploration" began once issues were reported but there were a lot of different scenarios to review, and the problem was proving to be more complex by the day. 
With the help of the community feedback and information - which was passed on by the CMs -, the dev team was able to replicate the bugs. After a tremendous amount of testing, they concluded that all of them have a common point of origin. Tests are currently being performed in order to identify and correct it as quickly as possible. 
I cannot stress enough the level of complexity linked to this problem. 

As of this moment, I am unable to give you a time frame as to when the bugs will be fixed, but they are being worked on. We have continuously reported and escalated the topic internally and will continue to do so. It is a high priority topic. 
As soon as we have new information on this subject, we will update this thread. 

Once again, our sincere apologies to you all for the problem. Thank you for all the feedback you have shared and for reading this. 

Why not just change the mechanic to something different?

3 0
Score : 81

Im no expert but from the moment I encountered this series of bugs I concluded that it was caused by the change, "Certain triggered effects can now trigger other triggered effects". Maybe im wrong and this is not the case, but I still cant comprehend how it would take so long to determine the cause of these bugs. This is seriously sad at this point

0 0
Respond to this thread